Do spirits get jealous, angry, depressed?

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: The Beings with me
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:No.

Not at all the way people may think.
Spirits are dead. They are dead. The dead can exhibit emotion, but this emotion is based on what was endured and exerted in life. When they experience something similar to what was dealt in their lives, it is possible for them to exhibit a response based on that in line with what they knew and developed in life. They make relations, connections, which can draw something out of their past.
However, the spirits you WANT to be keeping and most of you would be keeping, are those which have transitioned and transcended their inhibiting or otherwise 'raw-impacted traits'.

This is why many DA beings for instance who are more on the malicious side in life, can be safely 'kept' after death. Many beings who are predators to us in life, are 'softened' (affectivity-wise) in spirit as their life-drive is not there. They are not living beings, they do not need to produce the things that are necessary in life, or to be nourished the same way. They have died, and the *essence* of who they were remains and can be interactive.
Understand however, in death you change. You do not remain what you were, you transition into a new form of self - which is the embodying spirit. Afterlife transitioning is a huge deal which I rarely see anyone discuss or explore. It's something I personally have studied, following people from their moment of death and through transition, checking up step by step, seeing the changes they have gone through and what that means for a spirit. So I can tell you this from experience (believe me or not). Also, it's completely fascinating.

This is very difficult to explain unless you understand the distinction between the living and the dead, as well as the newly dead and transitioned dead, and/or have worked extensively with the dead. There are many 'types' of dead. If you're just interested in keeping spirits chances are you're not going to get the ins and outs of all this. It is extremely EASY to misperceive the actions, intentions, ways of a spirit. Much is lost in translation, and when we feel or experience certain energies from a spirit we - as living humans - can translate them as things like jealousy, anger, depression. That's the simplest conclusion, one I would find unfair to settle upon.

If you want to totally understand then really get to know these spirits, do not make presumptions and be willing to dig a little deeper than basic back and forth.

A spirit can hold onto energy from life that gives them a depressive, angry, or jealous nature.. this doesn't mean they are 'getting' that way as a result of things going on now in their spiritual state (ie interactions with you). For some it was such a vital part of who they are that it will never be released. For many, it is eventually worked through where they fall into a state of purity - no reactory energies like this to inhibit their interactions. (Also understand a distinction between useless/reactory energies and individual personality - the personality is retained).
Agggggghhhhh my brain hurts lmao..... XD

Damn that's a lot of info. Interesting though!

I sort of like to feel like the spirits I interact with have a flow of constant emotions, that don't always relate to its past. I could (and likely am) be completely wrong though haha, being new to this and all.

I suppose I just like to think of spirits as having a form of existence more than simply what feels like being explained as a film that can be replayed, and doesn't still grow and adapt the same way living things do. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Ah well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"An' ye harm none, do what ye will."

“Judging existence by comparison is not always the best pathway to progress.”

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
no name
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: no anwer
If I could be anything, I would be...: no answer
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: no answer

lucyseward wrote:Are emotions stronger in astral living entities?
Bump! 1rd

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Darksbane wrote: I sort of like to feel like the spirits I interact with have a flow of constant emotions, that don't always relate to its past. I could (and likely am) be completely wrong though haha, being new to this and all.

I suppose I just like to think of spirits as having a form of existence more than simply what feels like being explained as a film that can be replayed, and doesn't still grow and adapt the same way living things do. Hmmmmmmmmmm. Ah well.
Well, I was not saying that their emotions are just being replayed. I choose my terms very carefully and did not use that one.

This is why I mention it is complicated to explain unless you were to explore the distinctions between life and death for yourself.

Ghosts replay past events, Spirits relate through past events - except in the case of spirits the past isn't actually considered as past the way we interpret the 'past' - it's their life which remains still embodied, immortalized.

A spirit's life never changes, but the transition from life to death makes them a unique being. A spirit being is completely unique in this way, which is why it is NOT as simple as presuming they are forming new emotions and etc reacting the way living beings do.. but also not as simple as saying they cannot express something like that (again reaction and inhibition based on the living body VS. purified personality or character of the spirit body.. this is very important).

The term 'afterlife' puts this well into perspective, it is a life that comes after life.. but what they are distinguishes this significantly.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

lucyseward wrote:
Bump! 1rd
My personal response to this would be that it is completely subject to interpretation. Every race of being including any race of astral entity, can have a slightly differing way of expressing emotions - a whole new definition of emotion is possible. So I don't think 'stronger' applies. I think they are capable of experiencing and expressing emotions differently, due to being of a different race and state of being. Different can be interpreted as stronger in some cases (to us), or in other ways.

Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:
Darksbane wrote: I sort of like to feel like the spirits I interact with have a flow of constant emotions, that don't always relate to its past. I could (and likely am) be completely wrong though haha, being new to this and all.

Well, I was not saying that their emotions are just being replayed. I choose my terms very carefully and did not use that one.

This is why I mention it is complicated to explain unless you were to explore the distinctions between life and death for yourself.

Ghosts replay past events, Spirits relate through past events - except in the case of spirits the past isn't actually considered as past the way we interpret the 'past' - it's their life which remains still embodied, immortalized.

A spirit's life never changes, but the transition from life to death makes them a unique being. A spirit being is completely unique in this way, which is why it is NOT as simple as presuming they are forming new emotions and etc reacting the way living beings do.. but also not as simple as saying they cannot express something like that (again reaction and inhibition based on the living body VS. purified personality or character of the spirit body.. this is very important).

The term 'afterlife' puts this well into perspective, it is a life that comes after life.. but what they are distinguishes this significantly.

Ahhhh my apologies. Wasn't trying to offend anyone :) :hug: So they can form new memories etc right? Sort of like a secondary life after death. Sort of. Well, I suppose I'll just stay on the fringes of knowledge, and not try to speak of it unless I look to learn about it, so I don't confuse or upset anyone :lol:

Thank you for taking the time to respond Noc, it is much appreciated. :)

Whether you're new to the metaphysical, or more experienced, there's always something to learn.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:
lucyseward wrote:
Bump! 1rd
My personal response to this would be that it is completely subject to interpretation. Every race of being including any race of astral entity, can have a slightly differing way of expressing emotions - a whole new definition of emotion is possible. So I don't think 'stronger' applies. I think they are capable of experiencing and expressing emotions differently, due to being of a different race and state of being. Different can be interpreted as stronger in some cases (to us), or in other ways.
1tu Okay dokay! :D

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I'm not offended or upset at all, but it was necessary to clarify.

In all honesty I don't think anyone needs to worry too much over the question of this thread. Just enjoy your relationships with your spirits for what they are. However if a problem arose to do with emotions and/or connecting, this consideration may be worthwhile. For me it's just necessary to my work and my path to pursue the subject.

Rai
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 145
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Drow/Centaurs/Alphas
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Serpentdragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Rai
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:I'm not offended or upset at all, but it was necessary to clarify.

In all honesty I don't think anyone needs to worry too much over the question of this thread. Just enjoy your relationships with your spirits for what they are. However if a problem arose to do with emotions and/or connecting, this consideration may be worthwhile. For me it's just necessary to my work and my path to pursue the subject.
Nocifera-sama!!!

*Does a rendition of his Avi*

I am also known as Ravechaosknight.

For a Lady Knight and maidens fair.
Vryn Nightshard
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Noctifera wrote:I'm not offended or upset at all, but it was necessary to clarify.

I'm glad, I just tend to be very cautious, I don't want to unnecessarily upset someone :peace: :grouphug:

Thank you for your feedback Noc, it was very helpful, and I won't worry. 1tu And I hope this helps others whom hopped on this thread too! :D

Cheers!

Empress M
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Ravechaosknight wrote:
Nocifera-sama!!!

*Does a rendition of his Avi*
XDD

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”