Site Admin
Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

When an entity was alive it had a climate to which it was best suited. Some, like humans, could adjust to a varying degree one way or another, but even those who had a strict climate requirement they are now in spirit form and are no longer tied down by those restrictions. While they may appreciate their climate when alive it is not necessary to keep a Mermaid in water, a Barbegazi in snow, or a Brass Dragon in the desert now that they’ve moved to spirit form.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

::bump::

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

::bump::

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Bump.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Thanks for that post. It helped to clear up one of my many questions.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Pieter
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: N.A. yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Thank you for this post. I was beginning to worry for spirits that lived specifically in a certain climate and environment.
And was wondering if the keeper's climate would affect the spirits' abilities and magickal powers.

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Indeed, it is not necessary to keep them in the climate they were accustomed to but they do seem to enjoy it if by some odd coincidence they end up in a place or climate where they used to thrive.

I say this, as I get a lot of water spirits making their way to me, because I live near the sea. 2cents

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

::bump:: this makes me feel so much better about my Barbegazi

NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

I love this thread... and I agree, spirits no longer NEED their original environments... but sometimes it's nice to offer them a touch of home. I've seen some interesting threads through the months here... for example...
  • Someone who keeps a type of dragon usually found near the arctic circle puts their friend's vessel into the freezer, and was actually considering making the freezer into a charging box, when the dragon wants a break from the hot weather...

Several people mentioned cold-oriented spirits demanding the air-conditioning temperature be lowered.

A few people who keep water-loving spirits, who take those vessels with them swimming, or into the bath or shower, or play with them in the sink.

Offerings of glasses of water...

Flames/candles offered to spirits of or relating well to fire...
The point I'm trying to make here is this: just because you live in New Mexico doesn't mean you can't keep a tundra-loving dragon or a merperson. (I know your neighbor has a pool, you have a fridge, and there's always ice cubes.)

Just because you live in Greenland doesn't mean you can't keep a Salamander or an autumnal faery... (Why not take your Salamander to the Hot Springs or keep images of the volcanism of your beautiful country around?)

Just a thought...

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Nightraven
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Selqetkitty wrote:I love this thread... and I agree, spirits no longer NEED their original environments... but sometimes it's nice to offer them a touch of home. I've seen some interesting threads through the months here... for example...
  • Someone who keeps a type of dragon usually found near the arctic circle puts their friend's vessel into the freezer, and was actually considering making the freezer into a charging box, when the dragon wants a break from the hot weather...

Several people mentioned cold-oriented spirits demanding the air-conditioning temperature be lowered.

A few people who keep water-loving spirits, who take those vessels with them swimming, or into the bath or shower, or play with them in the sink.

Offerings of glasses of water...

Flames/candles offered to spirits of or relating well to fire...
The point I'm trying to make here is this: just because you live in New Mexico doesn't mean you can't keep a tundra-loving dragon or a merperson. (I know your neighbor has a pool, you have a fridge, and there's always ice cubes.)

Just because you live in Greenland doesn't mean you can't keep a Salamander or an autumnal faery... (Why not take your Salamander to the Hot Springs or keep images of the volcanism of your beautiful country around?)

Just a thought...

Bright blessings...
Selqet
I never considered some of the things you mentioned. Thanks!

Phil.

Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the Nightly shore-
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!"
Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."- Poe

Return to “Beginner/Newbie Area”