Quilin/Qilin/Kirin/Kilin

Discussion of creatures starting with letters K-Z.
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Everyone
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself.
My magical/paranormal name...: KITTY!!!!!!!!
Zodiac:

It looks like, from the search I made, Aeryn is the only one keeping a Ki-Lin at this time. She mentions it only once, on a thread about another Chinese spirit, called a Bo (Poh).

Here's that link: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... in#p285532

I have a custom conjure for one on my wish list, but I think that until after the wedding I'm not going to be adding to my spiritual household at all... I have a lot of new friends who need my attention, and planning a wedding is going to take up a lot of space in my life over the next ten months - with so many new friends and so much to get done, it wouldn't be fair to bring anyone else home right now.

Bump that thread and see if you can talk to Aeryn about her experiences, and I'll try to remember next year when my own Ki-Lin comes home to update this thread with my own. Until then...

Bright blessings and good luck to you...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
― H.L. Mencken, Prejudices: First Series
Farrell
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process

Selqetkitty wrote:It looks like, from the search I made, Aeryn is the only one keeping a Ki-Lin at this time. She mentions it only once, on a thread about another Chinese spirit, called a Bo (Poh).
:ot: Just FYI, Aeryn is a guy. :D

"al-ghuroor yantaqis al-Hikmah."
~8>X
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

::facepalm:: :daze: :oops:

:lol:

Bright blessings...
Selqet

"She’s all the unsung heroes who... never quit." ― R. A. Heinlein, Stranger in a Strange Land
“There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.” ― William Shakespeare, Hamlet
“Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.”
goal.girl
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sang Vamps
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I know this is an old thread, but today my open adoption from CH arrived, and I was completely blown away to see it was a Ki-Lin. (Not as in - I don't want one, but more as in, wow, a WA Spirit actually chose me....)
Anyway, so excited, and promptly failed to find much information. The article in the Encyclopedia, this thread, and the one from Aeryn. Some people here mentioned they were going to get a Ki-Lin. I would love to hear about them, if you would like to share :)

gg

RubyHeart
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 9
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon,Youkai,Ki-Lin
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

I have one - it was my first spirit actually. He's been a wonderful influence in my life and has been really helpful in purging a lot of the negativity I was having, as well as helping me with illnesses that were plaguing me.

Home to a ki-lin, ivory dragon, sapphire dragon, amber dragon, quartz dragon, were-leopard, youkai, nitral, drow elf, and a couple unbounds...
NyctophiliaRaven
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I did finally bring a Ki-Lin home... he's been very, very quiet, so I don't really have anything to report.

Eventually. :)

Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

Mine´s been very quiet, too. You´d think after very intense calling and wonderful dreams there would be more but I guess it´s not our time yet.

goal.girl
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sang Vamps
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Thank you!
getting rid of negativity seems to be just what I need :) I am looking forward to getting to know this one....
"very large, majestic, patient and loving, symbolizes wisdom & justice, very loyal and protective" is what it says on the card. Funny enough, all spirits I have here had "protective" in their summary. Should start to think on that a bit, maybe... :think:
greets gg

tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

Recently I discovered the Kilin listings and feel very draw to them.

I found this old thread and didn't know if anyone could add anything else about Kilin now that it has been a few years since the OP?

I plan to bond with my Cambion before adopting a Kilin but wanted to get some more info about Kilin in the meantime. I haven't found much on them, even the encyclopedia doesn't have a ton of info. Any help is appreciated :*3

ImageImageImage
tizmo
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 70
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Draeyes
Zodiac:

Bump. Can any Ki-Lin keeper share any info about how interactive they are? Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageImageImage

Return to “Creatures K-Z”