VAMPIRES - BITE TO TURN... WHY DID THEY START?

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Interposed question:
Has anyone actually asked his/her vamps to enhance the discussion here with their insight..??
Guess this could be useful..;)

Greetings,Tasha
sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced

Giving this some further thought, I would have to go with the premise that this happened to bring the vamps in closer proximity to their "prey." Humans evolved from hunter gatherers where they would have easily been separated from other hunters and preyed upon, to an agrigarian society where they are living in closer together, thus making it harder for them to be separated out. Also humans living in these close quarters would have been capable of banding together to defend themselves against these types of attacks.

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

i know this is probably going to be made fun of... but oh well here it goes. i think of it like this, it probably started like rabies did. when the first initial blood lust happened, they attacked anything that was living passing on the strain of vampirism. after that,as society was growing mentally (remember we are talking times when things like the spanish inquisition and the 100 year war took place for some of our vamps) they then started to attack humans not just for food but also for companionship, to replace dwindling numbers and yes even revenge.

ok that's my theory. let the laughing commence. :evilbat:

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

pumie1099
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 13
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I read through this thread last night and needed a night to think about it. I enjoyed everyone's responses and think all the answers were well-thought out. And after all my thinking, the only thing I came up with is that they bit humans for companionship. I'm basing that on the thinking of why the very first humans would have been bit. I would think in a predatory sense, they as individuals most likely would not want too many other vampires hunting on their "turf". If it was done to increase numbers, I would think they probably wouldn't have done it too often for that reason, though I wouldn't say it was impossible. I think maybe in their watching their prey, they may have come across a human or two here and there who piqued their interest and found some traits they might enjoy in a companion. I don't know if it would have been done strictly to help them "modernize" with a local, because if a turned human was thought by their family and neighbors to be dead, they would have a terrible time walking around getting a vampire acquainted with everything in that vicinity!

hupsu
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 20
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Since the early days humans have had a strong inner desire for creating things. Could be something similar for vampires. See what you can make of humans. How close to the ideal vampire can they make us. Maybe something artistic in a way.

"What's a philosopher? Someone who's bright enough
to find a job with no heavy lifting." - Terry Pratchett
Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

hupsu wrote:Since the early days humans have had a strong inner desire for creating things. Could be something similar for vampires. See what you can make of humans. How close to the ideal vampire can they make us. Maybe something artistic in a way.
I like that idea! :applause:

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
Yeong
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I thought I'd pose a thought-provoking question and I'm interested to see what you guys think.

I will only pose the most prevelant theory... Vampires bit to turn because their population was dwindling, the filled the dwindling numbers of pure-bloods with humans.

After that I will reserve other alternate theories for later...
I'm inclined to think that vampirism is a "spiritual" concept, i.e. takes place on the spirit body level. It's like we all have human bodies (the shell), but some of us may be vampires in spirit. Also how would you define what immortality is: are we talking about physical body immortality, or spiritual immortality? If you define it as "spiritual immortality", i.e. indefinite preservation of your spirit/personality/consciousness, then the vampires we bond with as spirits didn't really die - they only lost the physical shell and are continuing their existence in energy form. Then this would imply that the actual total number of vampires has always been growing, while the number of vampires with a physical shell fluctuates.
Perhaps a bite is like a "spiritual formula", which guarantees the preservation/immortality/youthful appearance of your spirit body upon physical death. However, you would have to constantly consume energies to nourish yourself and can still experience sickness/feel effects of negativity. I suspect this is how "vampire immortality" is different from the "god/goddess/immortal immortality".

Blessings,
Yeong

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you..."
SpiritSeeker
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: sanguine vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Juliana

I am thinking that many vampires probably lived a very solitary life most of the time....due to different ranks within their groups and such, maybe one would choose to leave the clan and then become very lonely. So I'm more apt to agree that while blood lust and 'numbers' probably played a huge role in why they turned humans, I'm thinking some of them must have come across the rare human that peaked their attention and curiosity as well. Maybe they sought out the companionship of that specific person so they wouldn't have to be lonely any longer. But then again, I'm a romantic at heart so that's what I WANT to believe!

Cell28
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 300
Your favorite spirit to work with: My custom Servitor
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Shapeshifter
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

SpiritSeeker wrote:I am thinking that many vampires probably lived a very solitary life most of the time....due to different ranks within their groups and such, maybe one would choose to leave the clan and then become very lonely. So I'm more apt to agree that while blood lust and 'numbers' probably played a huge role in why they turned humans, I'm thinking some of them must have come across the rare human that peaked their attention and curiosity as well. Maybe they sought out the companionship of that specific person so they wouldn't have to be lonely any longer. But then again, I'm a romantic at heart so that's what I WANT to believe!
sorry ,guys..:offtopic:
:thumbup: Hi SS, glad you finally showed up..-how are you doing with your vamps ? I missed your stories..! :hug:

Greetings,Tasha
Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels

:thumbup: Yeong, I like your post.

Why did they bite to turn?
The simple answer:
--Because it was digitally encoded within the cellular structure of their DNA to do so while living in the Earth realm. :vampire:

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!

Return to “Vampire”