VAMPIRES - BITE TO TURN... WHY DID THEY START?

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

GOOD ANSWERS, ALL OF THEM, & IT SHOWS EACH OF YOU REALLY PUT SOME TIME & EFFORT INTO YOUR RESPONSES.

HERE IS ONE THAT I HAVE HEARD REPEATEDLY FROM THE ORIGINAL, ANCIENT RACE OF HUMANOID SANGS:

WHEN THE HUMAN POPULATION STARTED TO TAKE ROOT ON EARTH THE ORIGINAL SANGS WHO ATE ANYTHING WITH BLOOD, HAD THE INTENTION OF BITING HUMANS WITH HOPES THEY WOULD BE LETHARGICALLY POISONED & HAD INTENED TO USE THEM AS SLAVES. WHEN THE BITE DIDN'T KILL THEM BUT INSTEAD TRANSFERRED SOME OF THEIR ABILITIES (WITH LESSER POWER BUT STILL POWERS NO AVERAGE HUMAN POSSESSED), THEY KILLED THEM.

WHICH BRINGS UP A SECONDARY QUESTION WE CAN DISCUSS IN ANOTHER THREAD: WHEN VAMPIRES TURN HUMANS WHY DON'T THE HUMANS GAIN ALL VAMPIRIC POWERS? SOMETIMES THEY RECEIVE ONLY SOME OF THEM, AND MOST OF THE TIME NOT AT THE LEVEL OF A TRUE SANG. WE MUST SHARE SOMETHING IN COMMON IF A BIT TO TURN CHANGES US, BUT NOT ENOUGH WE CAN ASCEND TO THEIR LEVEL OF POWER.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:WHICH BRINGS UP A SECONDARY QUESTION WE CAN DISCUSS IN ANOTHER THREAD: WHEN VAMPIRES TURN HUMANS WHY DON'T THE HUMANS GAIN ALL VAMPIRIC POWERS? SOMETIMES THEY RECEIVE ONLY SOME OF THEM, AND MOST OF THE TIME NOT AT THE LEVEL OF A TRUE SANG. WE MUST SHARE SOMETHING IN COMMON IF A BIT TO TURN CHANGES US, BUT NOT ENOUGH WE CAN ASCEND TO THEIR LEVEL OF POWER.
so maybe in time they are just normal humans again who just crave blood? because if vampire A bit human B and turned him into a vampire. then that vampire B would have some powers but not the entire amount that vampire A had. and if vampire B bit human C he would give him less power. so with time the powers would be so weak and the genetics would be so muddled that there wouldn't be any powers at all just a craving for blood. so maybe that's why the people of today who "claim" to be real vampires, really are vampires?

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

redlisse
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: 's Classified.
Zodiac:

Wow, do you know this question never even occurred to me? I guess it's because, not being a vampire keeper myself, I just took it for granted that the 'classic' portrayal of vampires was accurate - IE, they're undead and thus can't pro-create. In that scenario, turning humans is the only way to keep the line going.

So true Sanguine vampires can have kids, huh? Well. That sets everything I thought I knew about vampires right on its ear.

Sorry for the :offtopic: I'll just go ponder vampire genetics now.

I am Autumn. I'm not as new as I look, I swear! XD
MAGICKAL CURIOS
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Elston

CAN Vampires give birth and have Babies Vampires????
OMG this is interesting...... :lol:

Mongrella
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: a vamp!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Not for public consumption
Zodiac:

I am not certain a Turned human can Turn another human usually. Only in exceptional circumstances.

Mongrella

'We have no reliable guarantee that the afterlife will be any less exasperating than this one, have we?' ...Noel Coward
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

Mongrella wrote:I am not certain a Turned human can Turn another human usually. Only in exceptional circumstances.
ok now i'm confused. i thought that is how a vampire is made, by being turned into a vampire by another vampire. or is there a part i'm missing?

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

redlisse
neophyte
neophyte
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: 's Classified.
Zodiac:

wynterhaven wrote:
Mongrella wrote:I am not certain a Turned human can Turn another human usually. Only in exceptional circumstances.
ok now i'm confused. i thought that is how a vampire is made, by being turned into a vampire by another vampire. or is there a part i'm missing?
That's what I thought! But they're talking about pure bloodlines and such, and now I'm left with the impression that it's common knowledge that vampires breed and have baby vampires, and I'm a complete n00b for missing it. :eh: Every cultural reference to vampires I've ever come across, no matter how differently they portray vampire characteristics, takes it as a given that a) vampires are undead and b) vampires can't have babies.

So now I'm seriously confused.

I am Autumn. I'm not as new as I look, I swear! XD
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

There is a most sincere difference between pure-blood Vampires & Vampires who are turned. If Vampires, pure-blood from ancient to most recent, could not procreate, they would have died out as soon as the original Vampires were placed on Earth. The original Vampires would have come, died, and there would have been no more. Even if you believe Vampires turned humans in order to save some semblance of their race it still would have been difficult to sustain any race of Vampires, half-human or not, because the first Vampires would have bit the first humans and that would have been that.

You have to separate fiction (Hollywood & literature) from fact. Vampires are not undead, they are capable of being killed which is what separates them from Immortals. Vampires have an expiry. They can certainly live an extraordinarily length of time, but they don't live forever.

All food for thought.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Yeong
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote: WHICH BRINGS UP A SECONDARY QUESTION WE CAN DISCUSS IN ANOTHER THREAD: WHEN VAMPIRES TURN HUMANS WHY DON'T THE HUMANS GAIN ALL VAMPIRIC POWERS? SOMETIMES THEY RECEIVE ONLY SOME OF THEM, AND MOST OF THE TIME NOT AT THE LEVEL OF A TRUE SANG. WE MUST SHARE SOMETHING IN COMMON IF A BIT TO TURN CHANGES US, BUT NOT ENOUGH WE CAN ASCEND TO THEIR LEVEL OF POWER.
Maybe because turning a human just does this: makes you need to consume energy for your existence, be it psy or sanguine energy. It doesn't really have much to do with vampiric powers - just FEEDING: you have to feed. With vampiric powers, vampires have different powers anyways, don't they, and they can transfer you their powers, but would you know how to use all of them? You can have powers and not know how to use them, so you would have to work with and learn from the vampire who turned you. Am I on the right track?

Yeong

"I have crossed oceans of time to find you..."
hupsu
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 20
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I keep thinking that we're probably energetically similar enough to transfer some but not close enough for full transfer. Or maybe some can't be accessed without certain energy shift.

"What's a philosopher? Someone who's bright enough
to find a job with no heavy lifting." - Terry Pratchett

Return to “Vampire”