VAMPIRES - BITE TO TURN... WHY DID THEY START?

mrblonde
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

I know why a few of mine were turned and keep in mind some of the information is a bit sketchy and vague:

1. She was an orphan in the streets, she was taken in by a group of vampires when young (around 12) because they liked her, or she posessed some quality they liked, when she was around 25 or so she was given the option to be turned.
2. One had become friends with a group of vampires who were feeding on her family's livestock. She contracted consumption, which I believe is tuberculosis, they turned her in attempt to save her life (it sounds like they didn't know if it would work), it worked and she joined them.
3. One had become friends with a group (and fell in love with one of the vampires) and when they were about to leave the area they had turned her so she could stay with them. She chose this, and thought it preferable to continuing to have her parents try to marry her off to people she didn't like. Apparantly it worked since she was in a relationship with the vampire for a couple hundred years, and then they decided to part ways.

As a side note the vampire that I've got bound that's from a past life (when we were both physical), she said I asked to be turned so I could stay with them, but their leader didn't believe in turning humans, so it was not allowed and they sent me packing. And just for reference these are more "modern" vampires (as opposed to the ancient ones Ash referenced) and by modern I mean 10th century to 16th century. So it sounds like the motives may have changed over time.

Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

::included::

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
Kharma
active contributor
active contributor
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortal
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Super speed
Zodiac:

Great topic!
I always thought that vampires were a living race and not undead...
Interesting that humans were first turned in intention to be made slaves

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

LiVe YoUr LiFe ThRu YoUr OwN EyEs

“Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death”
Sophia Nyx
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 600
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Immortal
My magical/paranormal name...: Formerly Nanami
Zodiac:

I have to agree, this really is a marvelous topic.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Just my thoughts, but could it be that they turned humans to renew their species and prevent inbred birth defects?

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

Huffette wrote:Just my thoughts, but could it be that they turned humans to renew their species and prevent inbred birth defects?

:think:

:crystal: (pretend this is a lightbulb)

Brilliant!

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
PrinceZuko
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: I work with all
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: StormBringer
Zodiac:

I like the idea of them being cautious on whom to turn and the intelligence level but wouldnt they have to be careful not to turn a person who could learn more then what that vamp is suspecting. I personally would think they would turn humans to help refill whats missing despite it not being pure breeds. And also "humans" might be able to bring more to the table then just a pure-breed alone.

""We plant seeds that will flower as results in our lives, so best to remove the weeds of anger avarice envy and doubt, that peace and abundance may manifest for all." ~Dorothy Day" PrinceZuko
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Just my thoughts, but could it be that they turned humans to renew their species and prevent inbred birth defects?
Not really. They aren't any more inbred than humans are inbred. Any time you introduce a new species into an existing species you may fix some issues, but you are going to create other issues as well. There is no perfect combination on this planet. It's a give & take. To give a relate-able reference, look at the mixed species of animals... they're interesting, they try to take the best of the traits from both species being mixed to make a better animal, but they always have issues, sometimes very serious issues and their lifespans can be considerably shorter.

Humans mate with humans because it's convenient. If a new bi-ped species were to arrive here, and let's say you could bite them and turn them into a human... why would you do it?

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I thought I'd pose a thought-provoking question and I'm interested to see what you guys think.

I will only pose the most prevelant theory... Vampires bit to turn because their population was dwindling, the filled the dwindling numbers of pure-bloods with humans.

After that I will reserve other alternate theories for later...
K...I'm just now finding this thread so I'm gonna post without reading the spoilers :D

I am first inclined to say that vampires started turning humans because they were interested in evolving themselves in some way. Call it a vampiric genetic agenda....hmmmmmmmmm....now I shall read further!!!

Love & Light,
Scordra

Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:HERE IS ONE THAT I HAVE HEARD REPEATEDLY FROM THE ORIGINAL, ANCIENT RACE OF HUMANOID SANGS:

WHEN THE HUMAN POPULATION STARTED TO TAKE ROOT ON EARTH THE ORIGINAL SANGS WHO ATE ANYTHING WITH BLOOD, HAD THE INTENTION OF BITING HUMANS WITH HOPES THEY WOULD BE LETHARGICALLY POISONED & HAD INTENED TO USE THEM AS SLAVES. WHEN THE BITE DIDN'T KILL THEM BUT INSTEAD TRANSFERRED SOME OF THEIR ABILITIES (WITH LESSER POWER BUT STILL POWERS NO AVERAGE HUMAN POSSESSED), THEY KILLED THEM.

WHICH BRINGS UP A SECONDARY QUESTION WE CAN DISCUSS IN ANOTHER THREAD: WHEN VAMPIRES TURN HUMANS WHY DON'T THE HUMANS GAIN ALL VAMPIRIC POWERS? SOMETIMES THEY RECEIVE ONLY SOME OF THEM, AND MOST OF THE TIME NOT AT THE LEVEL OF A TRUE SANG. WE MUST SHARE SOMETHING IN COMMON IF A BIT TO TURN CHANGES US, BUT NOT ENOUGH WE CAN ASCEND TO THEIR LEVEL OF POWER.
What if it was an accident? Like a vampire was interrupted during feeding and the human escaped? Or, they thought they finished the job and the human somehow survived? Then, they found out what happens if they bite but don't kill....

I'd say our immune system or DNA probably protects us from not gaining all their powers. Maybe when bitten our system tries to protect us and treats it like a disease...but we are not totally equipped to stop the vampirism totally....just some idears!!!

Love & Light,
Scordra

Return to “Vampire”