Unbound Masheba - ideas wanted!

Discussion of creatures starting with letters K-Z.
redlisse
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Don't know yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: 's Classified.
Zodiac:

There is an unbound Masheba hanging out on my bed. I can't communicate with it, but my khodam says that it doesn't want to be bound right now and is just curious, and it really, really likes the foot of my bed. I can often feel it walk across the mattress, but can't see any cats.

So a couple of things:
a) OMG A MASHEBA IS VISITING ME HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOME

b) *cough* So it was my understanding that unbound mashebas spending time with humans isn't typical, and they are very fussy about who they keep company with. Am I allowed to be very flattered, or does it happen fairly regularly?

c) What can I do to convince it to stay and be part of my family? I like its energy and adore cats; I would love for it to honor me with a binding. I've put a nice soft blanket on the foot of my bed along with a small blue bag of catnip (my cats avoided it for about half an hour, then went nuts over it, then mysteriously abandoned it again). I've been talking to it, telling it about myself and letting it know how welcome it is. Does anyone else have ideas?

d) If I AM lucky enough to convince it to stay, how do I go about binding it?

e) A MASHEBA! ON MY BED! AWESOME
I am Autumn. I'm not as new as I look, I swear! XD
redlisse
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

*bump*
DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

a) OMG A MASHEBA IS VISITING YOU... HOLY CRAP THAT IS AWESOMELY TERRYFYING AND EXCITING AT THE SAME.

b)It doesnt seem typical..I would be flattered as heck and talk to it.. telling him or her you'd be okay if it wants to stay..Providing its good..P.S.How big does the Masheba seem? ..P.S.S. Can you even see it or the imprints on your bed?

c) You ask how you can make it welcome...Huummm perhaps some Masheba offerings..Although this is going to have to be answered by one of our experienced members here..I say try some incense, candles, yeah maybe the catnip and cat toys

d) I have not the slightest clue how to bind the cute Masheba..Maybe someone can help you..BUMP

e) Yes isn't it awesome?..Does it purr loudly?
redlisse
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Well I don't see it or hear it; after my first spirit, a khodam, arrived, I started feeling a cat walking across my bed (if you have cats you are very familiar with how it feels when one is walking around in the middle of the night) but when I went to go grab the kitty and cuddle it, there was nothing there. So I asked Mickey, the aforementioned khodam, if there was another spirit around me manifesting as a cat. She was the one who told me it was a masheba (apparently it followed her here).

It really, really liked the catnip and has assured me via Mickey that it will stay for at least a few days, as it is curious and still really likes my bed.

Since then, I've felt it lean against my leg the way a regular cat does when it's stretching out to sleep, and paws resting on my feet and calves. I've only felt it through the sheet/blanket, which is probably a good thing given it's made of fire, lol. From what I can tell, it's the size of a standard housecat, maybe a bit more petite. I haven't thought to look for imprints on the sheet from it; I'll have to watch for that.

I love its energy and how it manifests physically so strongly - very relaxed and feline, warm, but powerful. And it was very interested when I mentioned to someone else a spell I was going to cast, so I turned to where it likes to hang out and talked about what I hope to learn magically and how I hope to use it, and how much I would love for it to be part of my magical study. It's been considering ever since. LOL, we may not be able to communicate, but I can feel that much power pondering very clearly...and I can feel when it takes catnap breaks. I love cats. And I love this one too.

Lisa from eBay says she doesn't like to bind mashebas because they're happier just hanging out, but I would really like to convince this one to formalize the relationship. That way we can grow and learn more about each other and learn together. And that way I'd have a name and a gender, which would make talking about it so much easier. -_-;

[edited for redundancy]
DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Somehow I figured those little guys to be bigger..Glad to hear they are the size of cat..I love cats and would love to have a Masheba..I hope he or she sticks around..Funny it likes your bed..Maybe you should scent your top sheet with catnip..lol..You may score some Brownie points

P.S. Too bad you can't pet it or kiss it..You might get scorched..he he!
redlisse
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Once I recognized her presence, she really stepped up the manifestations - I actually saw her yesterday, in the form of a chocolate brown kitty curled up in my clean laundry. I walked right by her without a thought, then did a double take and she was gone.

I did try to communicate with her and had some success, though a bit muddled. No answer on the name, but I felt strongly that she's female. I also got that she originated in Palestine.

Oh, and she wants a nice, wide, bright red satin ribbon. With a bell on it. I got a very clear image of a kitty with a big red satin bow on the back of its neck, and a golden bell under its chin. I have no idea how I'll tie a ribbon around a spirit-cat's neck, but I'll do my best to get her a ribbon with a bell on it.

She isn't here today, or at least not right now...I can tell because I don't feel her and because the room isn't sweltering hot. :lol:
redlisse
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

:cloud9: Yay!!!!

She told me her name (and was promptly nicknamed Taz) and would like to stay; moreover, she wants to be part of my family and since mashebas (apparently) typically only have one chosen human at any given time, she's happy to formalize the relationship with a binding. I need a happy confetti emoticon...

The only thing is, she wants me to do it - mashebas, when they choose a person, want a magic-user, so she wants me to perform the ritual myself - and she's a bit fussy about the vessel. I get the feeling she's testing me a little. I've figured out how to do a basic binding, which she is content with for the time being; she is, after all, an expert in spellcasting and such, so she can help me learn to perfect the process as we grow together. She's also insistent that for her vessel she wants the Spirit Bell from the CH store, and then she wants a big red satin bow tied on it. She's quite a princess. <3

Since I'm broke (penniless :crying: no one is biting on my craigslist offering for tarot readings...I'm very affordable!!) we talked it over and agreed that we'll use something small and simple I can keep with me at all times - as long as it's only until I can get her bell, a bridging stone, and a transmute bag. It might be a while...but I'm thrilled and incredibly honored that Taz wants to be part of my family. I can't wait for my first CH order to arrive, so we can go through it together.

Long story short: Happy Ending <3
MoonLightWeaver
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

redlisse wrote::cloud9: Yay!!!!

She told me her name (and was promptly nicknamed Taz) and would like to stay; moreover, she wants to be part of my family and since mashebas (apparently) typically only have one chosen human at any given time, she's happy to formalize the relationship with a binding. I need a happy confetti emoticon...

The only thing is, she wants me to do it - mashebas, when they choose a person, want a magic-user, so she wants me to perform the ritual myself - and she's a bit fussy about the vessel. I get the feeling she's testing me a little. I've figured out how to do a basic binding, which she is content with for the time being; she is, after all, an expert in spellcasting and such, so she can help me learn to perfect the process as we grow together. She's also insistent that for her vessel she wants the Spirit Bell from the CH store, and then she wants a big red satin bow tied on it. She's quite a princess. <3

Since I'm broke (penniless :crying: no one is biting on my craigslist offering for tarot readings...I'm very affordable!!) we talked it over and agreed that we'll use something small and simple I can keep with me at all times - as long as it's only until I can get her bell, a bridging stone, and a transmute bag. It might be a while...but I'm thrilled and incredibly honored that Taz wants to be part of my family. I can't wait for my first CH order to arrive, so we can go through it together.

Long story short: Happy Ending <3

First of all, i absolutely love your charming sense of language! xD So humorous, lovable and well written heheheheheheh! Nice meeting you.

HOLY <<Removed by Mod>> A MAESHEBA!! xD
Congrats :D I'm glad that it wants to stay with you. Depending on what types of spirits you have, i think some oe them can aid you in the binding process.

Yeah I agree, about the size of a house cat. But not a fat one. Quite 'puffy'? They have a lot of authority, they feel like a prestigious bunch of spirits :).

I'm so happy for you heehee.
redlisse
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

MoonLightWeaver wrote: First of all, i absolutely love your charming sense of language! xD So humorous, lovable and well written heheheheheheh! Nice meeting you.

HOLY <<Removed by Mod>> A MAESHEBA!! xD
Congrats :D I'm glad that it wants to stay with you. Depending on what types of spirits you have, i think some oe them can aid you in the binding process.

Yeah I agree, about the size of a house cat. But not a fat one. Quite 'puffy'? They have a lot of authority, they feel like a prestigious bunch of spirits :).

I'm so happy for you heehee.
Awww, thank you! You made my day, and I blushed.

Taz is definitely about the size of a housecat, a little smaller and slimmer than most; she's very sleek. Solid dark brown with pale green eyes when she's not on fire. She also tends to heat up the room, and when she's thinking hard you can feel it like a pressure boiler a few feet away from you. She's much more dignified than my khodam, who is spoiled rotten. <3

And I'll be your friend! I loooove making new friends, hehe!

ETA: I also gave up on craigslist and tried the marketplace! Anyone who wants to help me raise monies to give Taz a home, stop by! :angel:

Return to “Creatures K-Z”