MORE ON THE FUTURE OF AUCTIONS

Pertinent information regarding transacting on eBay
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Recently ebYa posted their self-styled ending of auctions and quoted Bruce Hershenhorn about the "end of auctions" - well I just received an email directly from Hershenhorn's email and here it is in full (Ii doesn't seem to me that he believes what is being said by eBay...)

Caiyros
Here is the full email:

707 WCs & French 1ps AND 375 color stills ending 6/10 and 6/12 on our own site!
Inbox X

Reply to all
Forward
Reply by chat
Filter messages like this
Print
Add to Contacts list
Delete this message
Report phishing
Report not phishing
Show original
Show in fixed width font
Show in variable width font
Message text garbled?
Why is this spam/nonspam?
Bruce Hershenson to me
show details 1:28 PM (1 hour ago) Reply

To:ivan.mars.worldwide (at) xxx.com (I blanked my email address so it couldn't be used as per CH instruction)
NOTE: This is a special e-mail from emovieposter.com to ALL of our past customers who have purchased items from us and have told us we can e-mail them to notify them when we are again auctioning items similar to what they previously purchased.
If you would no longer like to receive our e-mails, please reply to this e-mail with "remove me" in the subject line, AND WE PROMISE TO NEVER E-MAIL YOU AGAIN (we have no desire to send any e-mails to anyone who does not want to receive them). If you have requested that we remove you before but you are still getting these messages, then you almost certainly have an old e-mail address that forwards to your current address. If so, let us know what that old address is, and we can remove it as well.
Before we get to our current auctions, WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU KNOW THAT ALL OF OUR TUESDAY AND THURSDAY AUCTIONS ARE NOW SOLELY ON OUR SITE, and we no longer have any affiliation with eBay! For the best experience with our own auctions, please use our Tuesday and Thursday galleries which now have the option to view large thumbnails, small thumbnails, or text only view, and are fully searchable with lots of sort options.

IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE FEW WHO HAVE NOT YET REGISTERED TO BID ON OUR SITE, GO HERE TO DO SO
(you need to register separately for our auctions on our own site, because the auctions are managed by an auction software company, and you need to create your own user ID and password; it only takes a couple of minutes to do, and it is a one time thing, and thousands of our customers have already done so!).

We have two really first-rate auctions closing on June 10th and June 12th:
*one is of 707 window cards, French one-panels, and campaign books
*and the other is of 375 color stills, color English FoH lobby cards, and mini lobby cards

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday auctions: On June 3rd, we added 707 window cards, French one-panels, and campaign books to our site, and they close on Tuesday, June 10th! Read more about these below, or go see them right now in our Tuesday Auction Gallery!

What are some of the best items in this current Tuesday Auction?
At the start of our list are 9 rare studio yearbooks including:
RKO RADIO PICTURES 1939/40 campaign book Hunchback, Donald Duck, Laurel & Hardy, and more!
COLUMBIA PICTURES 1932-1933 campaign book Frank Capra, early Mickey Mouse & much more!
FOX 1925-1926 campaign book tons of great full-color art, one of the best of these ever!
FOX 1926/27 campaign book much great Lotte Usabal art, plus tipped-in color plates!

We also have a great group of around 290 U.S. window cards including:
NIGHT AT THE OPERA WC R48 great full color Al Hirschfeld art of the Marx Bros!
GRAPES OF WRATH WC '40 Henry Fonda, Jane Darwell, John Steinbeck, John Ford classic!
MAN WHO SHOT LIBERTY VALANCE WC '62 John Wayne, James Stewart, John Ford
SEARCHERS WC '56 classic art of John Wayne in Monument Valley, John Ford
BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS WC '70 Russ Meyer's girls who are old at twenty!
FOLLOW THAT DREAM WC '62 artwork of Elvis Presley playing guitar!
CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF WC '58 classic image of Elizabeth Taylor as Maggie the Cat!
DEAD END WC '37 William Wyler, Sylvia Sidney, Joel McCrea, The Dead End Kids!

There is also a huge selection of nearly 400 French one panels with many containing incredible artwork, and many which are "country of origin":
GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY French 1p R70s Clint Eastwood & Van Cleef by Jean Mascii!
CAINE MUTINY style A French 1p '54 art of Humphrey Bogart on ship by Guy Gerard Noel!
DIARY OF A CHAMBERMAID B French 1p '65 Bunuel, art of Jeanne Moreau by Georges Allard!
BUS STOP French 1p R80s art of sexy Marilyn Monroe & Don Murray by Geleng!
PULP FICTION French 1p '94 sexiest Uma Thurman, Quentin Tarantino
MELODY French 1p '71 Mark Lester, cool comic book art design!
KING KONG French 1p R60s wonderful different artwork by Yves Prince!
LAWRENCE OF ARABIA French 1p R71 David Lean, classic artwork of Peter O'Toole!
RIVER OF NO RETURN French 1p '54 art of Robert Mitchum & sexy Marilyn Monroe by Belinsky!
CRIMSON PIRATE French 1p '52 great artwork of daring Burt Lancaster!
2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY French 1p '68 Stanley Kubrick classic, Bob McCall space station art!
4 FOR TEXAS French 1p '64 wonderful art of Sinatra, Martin, Ekberg & Andress by Mascii!
HARAKIRI French 1p '62 Masaki Kobayashi, ritual suicide, great Sinclare art!
BLACKBOARD JUNGLE French 1p '55 art of Vic Morrow threatening Glenn Ford by Roger Soubie!
BATMAN French 1p '66 great art of Adam West & villains by Grinsson!

We really could go on listing many, many more additional GREAT titles, but we would assume that you want to see the images! So why not see them in our Gallery now?

Be sure to visit this week's Tuesday Special Notes page for more details about these special auctions!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday auctions: On June 5th, we started 375 color stills, English FoH lobby cards, and mini lobby cards on our site and they close on Thursday, June 12th! Read more about these below, or go see them right now in our Thursday Auction Gallery!

What are some of the best items in this current Thursday Auction?
SEARCHERS color 8x10 #12 '56 best close up John Wayne portrait ever!
SEARCHERS color 8x10 #5 '56 classic image of John Wayne & Jeff Hunter used on poster!
PINOCCHIO color 8x10 '40 Walt Disney classic, he's with fast talking fox!
PINOCCHIO color 8x10 '40 Walt Disney, he's with Gepetto & Figaro on raft!
HOLIDAY color 8x10 '38 sexiest Katharine Hepburn close portrait!
VERTIGO English FoH LC '58 James Stewart carrying Kim Novak by bridge!
PINOCCHIO color 8x10 '40 Walt Disney, he's swimming with the fish about to get eaten!
SUSPIRIA signed 8x10 mini LC #2 '77 by director Dario Argento!
DIAL M FOR MURDER color 8x10.25 '54 Ray Milland finds Grace Kelly with dead man!
GRAPES OF WRATH color glos 8x10 '40 best moody super close up of Henry Fonda!
GRAPES OF WRATH color glos 8x10 '40 best moody super close up of John Carradine!
ANNIE HALL signed color 8x10 #8 '77 by Woody Allen, fun image!
TIME MACHINE signed Eng/US color 8x10 #6 '60 by Rod Taylor, in scene of him with clocks!
CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF Eng/US color 8x10 #8 '58 sexiest super close up of Elizabeth Taylor!
GOLDFINGER English FOH LC '64 close up of naked Sean Connery in bed with blonde!
GOLDFINGER English FoH LC'64 Sean Connery playing in the hay with sexy babe!
SHAFT color 8x10 '71 great Richard Roundtree close up in leather coat!
BUS STOP color 8x10 '56 sexy Marilyn Monroe, Arthur O'Connell, Eileen Heckart
JET PILOT color 8x10 '57 sexiest super close portrait of Janet Leigh!
TIME MACHINE Eng/US color 8x10 #12 '60 best close up of Rod Taylor at the controls!
CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF Eng/US color 8x10 #11 '58 close up Liz Taylor holding Paul Newman!
CLOCKWORK ORANGE color 8x10 #2 '72 best Malcolm McDowell super close up with milk!
CLOCKWORK ORANGE Eng/US color 8x10 #9 '72 Malcolm McDowell grabs woman's breasts!
DIRTY HARRY 8x10 mini LC #7 '71 Clint Eastwood walks the street with his .44 magnum!
DRAGNET color 8x10 #9 '54 great close up of Jack Webb as Joe Friday flashing badge!
ENFORCER color 8x10 #1 '76 best close up image of Clint Eastwood with gun!!

I have sold tens of thousands of vintage stills, and I know that top quality color stills are far more rare than black and white ones, and this auction REALLY has a wonderful selection of vintage color stills, including many I have never seen before! We really could go on listing many, many more additional GREAT titles, but we would assume that you want to see the images! So why not see them in our Gallery now?

Be sure to visit this week's Thursday Special Notes page for more details about these special auctions!

Recent Improvements
We had been waiting until we were 100% off of eBay to make a few improvements to the site (and many more will be coming in the future). The most important improvement was implemented Wednesday, which is that we now have a "small thumbnail view" for our galleries, IN ADDITION TO our "large thumbnail view" and our "text view", which we already had. This is especially useful for those of you who do not have cable or high-speed Internet connections, for the "small thumbnail view" loads fairly quickly, and yet the thumbnails are still large enough that you can get a good sense of the item (and of course, you can still use the "large thumbnail view", and, once you click on a particular item, you can still see our "large" and "supersized" images of that item, which are extremely clear and never enhanced). We have put links for all three types of galleries on each gallery page just above the items, so you can easily switch from one view to another (and you can also quickly shift from viewing 20 items per page to 100 items per page, using the drop-down menu). Of course, you can also sort items in many ways, including by highest price and by lowest price, and all of these tools greatly enhance your ability to scan over our items (especially important because of the huge number of items we sell each week).

We continue to actively seek feedback from all buyers, to find any changes we can make that will improve our auction site, so if you have any ideas for us, send an e-mail to Phillip@emovieposter.com and let him know what they are!

These are true NO RESERVE auctions with many great deals!
Remember that, in BOTH of our weekly auctions (unlike some other sellers of vintage movie paper), every single one of our items truly start at $1 with NO RESERVE! And we are not talking about the super-inflated shipping and crazy "buyers premiums" you see in other major auctions! In OUR auctions, most weeks you can purchase up to FIFTEEN $1 items and your total cost is $15, plus a very reasonable $10 U.S. shipping charge for any of the items in our Tuesday auctions or $5 U.S. shipping charge for any of the items in our Thursday auctions (we have a special rate this week for both auctions because we are selling a special size each time, and the items from the two auctions CAN be combined, but if so, you will pay the $10 U.S. shipping for all the items)!
YOU can't get the great deals that happen week after week in our auctions if you aren't bidding! AND YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE! If you place a bunch of fairly low bids but only get one or two items, then you are sure to be happy, for you will have gotten some really good deals. Even if you place a bunch of bids and get nothing at all, you will only be out a little of your time, and no more. We feel certain that if you purchase even one of them, and then once you see how honestly we describe them and how we charge only the actual shipping cost and how we send them right out promptly and well-packed, that you will declare your independence from those auction houses with the outrageous buyers premiums, the over-graded items, the misleading images that obscure defects, and the outrageous shipping!

View Our Items with Our Auction Galleries, Now With Large OR Small Thumbnails OR a text view!
It is FAR easier to look at our items through our Tuesday Auction Gallery and our Thursday Auction Gallery. We have galleries with the option to browse with large thumbnails, small thumbnails, or in a text view. PLUS these galleries are searchable by star, director, genre, year, or anything you want to search for!
In case of outages, we have backup versions of both our online galleries. But you can't get there if our main site is down, if you don't have a bookmark to them! So, please add http://www.emovieposter.info (where our backup galleries are found) to your favorites/bookmarks.

We have lots of great auctions coming up!
On Tuesday June 10th, we will add hundreds of folded three-sheets, six-sheets, British quads, and Argentineans, including some great titles!
On Thursday June 12th, we will add many hundreds of single vintage black and white stills.

Our first seven sets of auctions ended on our site on Thursday, April 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29 and June 5, and we sold 5,500+ items to hundreds of buyers each week for totals of over $250,000. Around 100 of the items each week were extended for 10 minutes, and perhaps 10 of those were extended for another 10 minutes, and only a few times in all 5 auctions was an auction extended a third time, and each set of the auctions ended around 5-8 minutes after the scheduled end of all 800 auctions (so much for the fear of them "going on all night"!). In addition, most of the extended items are pretty inexpensive ones, and it seems likely that they are just extended because somebody who missed out on an earlier item found something extra to bid on, and almost all of them are not extended because of "bidding wars"! We have talked to many of those who participated in the auctions, and most said that they liked the "time extended feature", and what is most interesting, several said they had THOUGHT they would hate this feature, but now that they have tried it, see that it is different that they imagined it would be and that they don't mind it at all! If you have not yet tried bidding in these auctions, we strongly suggest you do so, because we believe you will quickly discover that "time extended" is far better than "fixed time".

We have a great weekly e-mail club!
Our club has over 3,424 members, and many weeks we make great bonus offers to club members who buy multiple items from us at auction! So if there is ANY chance at all that you might end up buying a number of items from us at auction in future weeks, then you have a LOT of incentive to join the club (if you are not already a member) because we will keep on giving away excellent prizes to those members of the club who buy multiple items. We run fun weekly polls, which a couple of hundred participate in each week, with great prizes for randomly selected members, plus we give news about the hobby in general and our auctions in particular!
Why not join the club today (if you are not already a member)? You'll at most receive ONE e-mail a week, and your e-mail address is NEVER given out to anyone, and you have a great chance to win great prizes, and you can quit anytime! Just go to http://www.emovieposter.com/mail/clubsignup.php and fill out the super simple form, and you will be a member, and qualify for the great club bonuses!

Good luck on whatever you may bid on in our current auctions ending on June 10th and June 12th!

Remember to check out our auctions...
Don't forget to check out our 707 TUESDAY ITEMS on our website sometime BEFORE they end Tuesday, June 10th, beginning around 7 PM CST by going to http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/13.html

And also be sure to check out our 375 THURSDAY ITEMS on our website (at Thursday Auction Gallery) sometime BEFORE they end Thursday June 12th, beginning around 7 PM CST by going to http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/14.html

And you can always access our galleries by using the link from our homepage, http://www.emovieposter.com. Good luck on whatever you may bid on.

Bruce Hershenson and the eMoviePoster.com team
P.O. Box 874
West Plains, MO 65775
http://www.emovieposter.com
our auctions on our own site: http://auctions.emovieposter.com
eBay user ID: emovieposter.com

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
"Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal" Dave Bowman
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I skimmed and maybe I missed it... why did they leave eBay?

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

What's interesting is that in DeeDee's post, he was "in like flint" with eBay and was the big predictor that "open auctions" were not really hard-core viable any more. Then, he (somehow) puts me (and thus obviously others) on his mailing list that he had to have pulled directly from eBAy files and is setting up his own auction site.

Sooooooo....there is a lot of action going on in weird ways....I quoted his whole boring notice because, it serves as a "document of attitude" - in other words - here is a breakaway person form some aspect of the eBay admin and this is how he's doing it.....

and what he says here contraadicts what DeeDee quotes and I am absolutely sure that DeeDee got the whole thing quoted absolutely correctly...and her interpretation of the facts is absolutely correct as well.....so when we compare the statements (And others from eBay itself) we have a real incompetent and muddled version of Marlene's "Boys in the BAck Room." LOL

"Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice..."

tres interesant, n'est-ce pas,
Caiyros

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Oui, tres bizzare, quelque chose est en haut. (I think my grammar is right, LOL)

And that is one of my favorite quotes from that movie... though I really prefer the book as it has the overtones and undertones the movie lacks.

I guess only time will tell where eBay is concerned.

Well I have to go back and delve into Remus boxing so I'll see you all later.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
angelheart
new here
new here

I don't know if anyone has noticed but Ebay is getting ready to stop alot of parttime sellers from selling.
There's too much to explain & my memory is bad due to an injury but the sellers will have to have (I think) a 4.25 DSR in order to continue selling. It seems that Ebay going to end up weeding out some people who might be wonderful sellers & that's what I don't think is fair. Grant it, some of the fakes will not be selling & that will be a blessing to all of us but the others? Not fair! Did anyone know about this?

Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

eBay is a "Dead Man Walking" due to mismanagement, refusing to hire enough people for customer service, not supporting their buyers and sellers, and changing the rules and the "look & feel & usage rules of all their click on sites, etc....

There are only 2 questions left to be answered.

!. Will eBay die and there be a whole bunch of smaller auctions, much like the tables at an open air flea market during the summer?

2. Or will Google or Jeff Bezos at Amazon.com or Ray Ozzie at Microsoft open their own super large auction site by buying out eBay or simply destroying it thru better service offerings?

Do you know that Meg Whitman former Empress of eBay, quite eBay, a while ago, in order to present herself to the winning Republican candidate for Prez - as a Vice Presidential Running Mare? HMMMMMMM?

Caiyros

Return to “For eBay Sellers”