Konstantinos

Do you know a good book that can help someone on their path? Or, are you looking for a certain type of book?
ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire Angel Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire Angel Nympho
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I have just bought the book "Summoning Spirits" by Konstantinos. I have started reading it and I ADORE it! His views are interesting and clearly defines that evocation is not evil, despite the many myths. I have now bought "The Nocturnal Witch Collection" which contains the books "Nocturnal Witchcraft" and the follow up to it, "Gothic Grimoire". It is on it's way to me now. I just adore this author. And me being a night owl who loves the night better than the day, it is a very appropriate book for me. Nocturnal/night witchcraft seems to have much disinformation and many people, even some Wiccans do not understand what it means, thinking it is a left hand path, when really it can be incorporated into both left and right hand paths. Nocturnal witchcraft is merely working with the night's energies, the deities that relate to night, the moon etc. Night is not evil. I would recommend Konstantinos book's for anyone. He does not talk like he is a know it all, and that his way is the only way, but you can see he is full of knowledge. You can incorporate his works to your own style if you wanted to, or just follow his way if you are new to witchcraft in general. As with many witchcraft books, you can pick and take what you feel is right for you. Unless specifically said. Anyone who is interested in reading from a different point of view, or just finds his works interesting, or like me, a night owl should take a look at his works. I can't wait to read the rest! ::bop:: From what I have read so far, I give him a 5/5!! :wizard:

Image Image

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

I have that book, summoning spirits. I like Konstantinos. I think Gothic Grimoire is the least impressive of his books. He offers some fresh insight from a different perspective, and he's well worth the read. Congratulations NinjaLoverGirl, keep us posted on your thoughts as you read.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I was checking this out on amazon. Had good reviews. I'll definately be trying it out now. ^__^

ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Yes, I think he does have a fresh insight. Most Wiccans concentrate on the sun and light, and reject the night aspect. It is a little difficult to find a Wiccan who writes a book about working specifically with the night, and not in a black magic sense, although his "nocturnicon" and "summoning spirits" are darker in nature. I have heard a lot of things about Konstantinos books, some good, some bad. But the people that usually say bad things are saying things like "It is for fluff bunnies" or "It is for the goth teenager crowd" which to me is like ::wtf:: because it, like I said before can be Incorporated in to any path. And they seem to think that because it is to do with night... it needs to be 'darker' in nature? So it is not... 'dark' enough? I don't think they totally get what the nocturnal path means. Night, just like day is neutral. Day is not good and night is not evil. They just are. night is just when the sun goes down. So, really nocturnal witchcraft does not have to be 'dark' if you don't want it to be. It is only peoples perceptions that make night 'dark'. There are not many books that show nocturnal magic in a positive light, and actually only focus on the night, not saying that a nocturnal path has to be darker like it has to be Satanism or Luciferian in nature, the left hand path. There are many books incorporating the night in to darker aspects. But hardly any books where there is no judgment of what night should be. And can be used in a right hand path if you wanted, and is more focused in that way. Well, this is just my thought on the matter. I may be wrong, but this is my perception of night magic. It is not evil, and does not have to be hardcore 'deep' and 'dark'. But an appreciation and connection to the night as it is - neutral, and can be used however you want.

Image Image

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

You are not alone in your thoughts on these matters.

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Ninjalovergirl, I have to say that I really admire your growth in many areas :thumbup: I've been so lazy lately, buying books, reading just a little and then putting them down. I think I have his book Nocturnal Witchcraft; I'm more alert during the night myself. It seems like one of the conflicts that people struggle with lies in the duality of our very human nature. We all have the shadow side, the dark aspect; and somehow it got labelled as being bad/evil, dark natured. So this plays out in so many things. When there are movie characters for example, if one is to be displayed as being good, they are usually in white/light garb, while the evil/bad one in displayed in black or dark clothing. These subtle strategies are set up, and condition us to automatically assumed the dark represent negative. At least that's my take on it.

Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I have seen his books before on Amazon, but just never got around to actually purchasing a copy.
It sounds very interesting & great job on your review! :thumbup: :hug:

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!
FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My magical/paranormal name...: Thea or you can just call me Fey
Zodiac:

I've read Nocturnal Witchcraft and thought it was a good read.

Best wishes!

Spirit of the Earth... remember...
Spirit of the Sky... remember...
Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
Zodiac:

I recently bought his nocturnal witch collection and have finished Nocturnal Witchcraft, most of the things in that book were pretty good imo. I haven't started Gothic Grimoire yet. I also have his vampire book which was ok. I'm looking into that Summoning Spirits book but haven't seen it anywhere, I'll have to get it online...

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
ninjalovergirl
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

AngelFire: Thank you! :hug:
Thanks guys for replying. :)