Im sure

djinnkeeper
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0

Im sure Ive seen a way of asking a Djinn to grant a wish on here somewhere? At the end it says you send the Djinn away?? I cant find the thread??

Im a Girl :0)

Be careful what you wish for! You just might get it!
emstrange1
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Is this the thread you were talking about?: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... =14&t=1065

The 'sending a Djinn back to their vessel' part is in the 5th post down by Dr. Seuss:
drsuess wrote:Here's something I didn't realize about Djinn wishes... I stole it from Dee Dee's ebay listing -- hope she doesn't mind...

First of all your Djinn you own are magical beings. They are at your command,it is what they do.
When you ask for wishes the last one you ask for is for it to return to it's vessel. This is so you can have that power again. If your not doing this then he or she might not be working for you. A djinn has no free will,they bend to YOUR will. They can be tricky it's true but with the proper seller selling them you have no worries. Even if they are still tricky all you need to remember is to send them back to the vessel when your done. You actually command this. To do this you would say the name and then command that they return to the vessel in which they came until you call them again.

I had no idea to do this... no wonder why my Djinn objects didn't feel like they were working... They were probably on vacation!! :D

xcalibur
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly

Hi

I have my doubts whether one needs to ask the djinn to return to the vessel. If the djinn is tied to the vessel/keeper he cannot go anywhere else or else what would binding mean if the djinn were working for someone else or would drift away somewhere else?

Consider this also
What if the djinn is given a big task that might take several days or weeks or months to accomplish?. Now if the keeper asks the djinn to return to the vessel after the task is complete, does it mean the poor djinn cannot return to the vessel even to rest....after all they are living beings and I am sure they too get tired and need rest. Would it then return only after months when the task is complete?

I think that though djinns are bound to their keeper/vessel and have to obey their keeper, yet they have their own freedom to go about doing their tasks (in other words have a mind of their own). Personally I would prefer such a "moderately tied" djinn or else the keeper has to micromanage them and if the kepper has half knowldge of djinns, it can be problematic for either or both the keeper and the djinn.

Last but not the least it MIGHT also depend on the type of binding done. Perhaps there are different types of bindings done by different sellers/conjurers and in one particular type of binding (or one particular type of djinn) it might be necessary to ask the djinn to return to the vessel and for other binding types it may not be necessary at all. Perhaps DeeDee was referring to some particular binding or type/individual djinn.

This needs to be cleared up.

Regards
xcalibur

Return to “Djinn / Genie”