Egyptian God Anibus

Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Zodiac:

Hatshpset wrote:ok dr - first of all, it isn't anibus but anubis and of course i couldn't resist saying that, ;) lol. you were impatient to post and that is because you are too excited, which you should be. :) if you read my reply to you in remus discussions thread i explained about anubis. now, you can find so much about anubis through googling that you will be amazed at what you will learn about this awesome and much revered god of ancient egypt! remus wants you to learn and do....;) so, git going girl! lol. sorry but i'm stuck in this country song from youtube thanks to windy. it's a silly ditty called "down on the farm" and i can't get it out of my mind - i'm trying too!

actually dr, it is a great honor that remus chose anubis for you and i hope you do take the time to learn as much as you can about the jackal headed god. i think you're very lucky to have been given him. :) as tammy said, cedar, acacia were all woods used to make the sarcophagi and those scents either individually or together would certainly be a good offering to anubis - also an old temple scent or egyptian musk. now, that bat bra isn't too tight is it? lol take care and blessed be. arsine
url=http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 286#p13286]Subject: Remus Discussions[/url]
Hatshpset wrote:dear dr - see, good things come to those who wait! and you have learned to have a wee bit of patience, lol. batman in a bra - you kill me girl! sounds as if remus got you dead on sister and giving you anubis, how wonderful! now you just have to practice and practice as remus gave you the incentive to do sweetie. anubis watched over every embalming/mummification process as well as over the "weighing of the heart" process where the heart of the decedent would be placed on a scale opposite the feather of ma'at. if the heart was found lighter than the feather, the person was found worthy and they passed on. if the heart weighed heavier than the feather it was tossed to ammit the devourer who would wait eagerly by in the hopes that the person was not of good heart. try to read all about anubis and you will find that you were truly blessed with one of the most honored of the egyptian gods. good for you and use what you received!

nothing here again today and now i'm thinking mine will be the last mailed, lol. where's that patience i'm talking about? it will come, it will come, it will come, rofl. i want it now!!!! i don't wanna wait! oh well, guess i'm waiting, lol. blessed be. arsine
Just so you know: great description of the whole process here...also in the way you decribed it ...the very use of words and the very order...I realized that this is parallel and (of course) earlier to the counting of white and black stones by Vajrabhairava Yamantaka when the "soul" is in The Intermediate State between Life and Death and Life called the Bardo in the Tibetan system. Thanks. Caiyros

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
"Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal" Dave Bowman
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

dear caiyros - thank you very much my dear friend! one of my favorite books is the egyptian book of the dead by e. a. wallis budge which basically outlines what the egyptians thought the dead would go through as they passed through tuat, the underworld, and what perils they would need to have special spells for at which points. i've had this book almost as a bible since i was in elementary school, lol. i know, i am weird and strange but i'd have me no other way! ;) take care and namaste! arsine

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Hatshpset wrote:dear caiyros - thank you very much my dear friend! one of my favorite books is the egyptian book of the dead by e. a. wallis budge which basically outlines what the egyptians thought the dead would go through as they passed through tuat, the underworld, and what perils they would need to have special spells for at which points. i've had this book almost as a bible since i was in elementary school, lol. i know, i am weird and strange but i'd have me no other way! ;) take care and namaste! arsine
You are ahead of me in the EBOTD school, I read my first Budge copy when in 11th grade. One thing I have wanted to do for a long time and plan on doing it - but it will be exhausting extra hours for a month..is to record the voice reading the text with my own (yes, controversial, and a minority idea...but...but...I got the idea from some hints of Air Alan Gardiner...doesn't that count for something? LOL) version of vowel substitution through different forms of phoenetic aspiration and memories of having lived in the Middle Kingdom (who would believe that?) but I have found that the sound of Ancient Egyptian pronounciation is a major key to a lot of things........

I do bow to your knowledge of Ancient Egypt......
Caiyros

"I'm just a designer-builder of niteclub-al kabarets looking for the stage lighting box." SCS
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

dear caiyros - it's not so much knowledge but rather my passion for all things ancient egyptian. i was just a little sponge trying to soak up all the knowledge i could learn on my own. i would love to learn the spoken language even at my advanced age - and i am reacquainting myself with the hieroglyphic alphabet as well as it's grammar - talk about difficult! wow howdy! i'm transcribing a cartouche soapstone ring with uraeus i managed to acquire (i think it is rameses but want to have it validated) as well as a stelite faience cup with hieroglyphs in three columns down the front. i plan to enjoy delving back into this and sometimes even though i don't recall the sign, the glyphs just seem so familiar to me. just more work to keep my mind busy. yes, i'm still working on my novel you suggested as well - philly gurl-jersey gurl and back, is coming along well and very easily too. thank you! namaste, arsine

trained conjurer
cupping healer

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Caiyros Damia Imran
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Hatshpset wrote:dear caiyros - it's not so much knowledge but rather my passion for all things ancient egyptian. i was just a little sponge trying to soak up all the knowledge i could learn on my own. i would love to learn the spoken language even at my advanced age - and i am reacquainting myself with the hieroglyphic alphabet as well as it's grammar - talk about difficult! wow howdy! i'm transcribing a cartouche soapstone ring with uraeus i managed to acquire (i think it is rameses but want to have it validated) as well as a stelite faience cup with hieroglyphs in three columns down the front. i plan to enjoy delving back into this and sometimes even though i don't recall the sign, the glyphs just seem so familiar to me. just more work to keep my mind busy. yes, i'm still working on my novel you suggested as well - philly gurl-jersey gurl and back, is coming along well and very easily too. thank you! namaste, arsine
It will take me a month to find them (if I'm lucky!) but somewhere in Vermont are my class notes on Egyptian Hieroglyphics and copy them for you. Budge's little book of E-H is badly organized, Budge's EGyptian Hieroglyphic Dictionary is magnificent, Sir Alan Gardiner's Egyptian Grammer is much better organized and has amazing information, and there have to be some new books I don't know about.
The breakdown of the Hieroglyphic Alphabet is key:
there are different silmultaneous "alphabets" and they can be used in intermingled fashions.
"Egyptian Alphabets:
0. No sound - silent image - complete meaning
1. single syllables - very common and a lot
3. double syllables - same
3. triple syllables - not so many
4 & 5 - only a few

AND the Silent image hieroglyphic can be used simultaneously with any other combination

2 major verb forms usually very complicated explanations, but they break down into 2 basic patterns:
Verb form 1: "For a while"
Verb form 2: "Forever"

Blessings,
Caiyros

Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Hey Guys,
I bought this in order to help me get used to my new spirit. What do you think?
Think he'll like it?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
Suess
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

I think I might have had a visit. :o :shock: Usually, when I wake up in the middle of the night it's around 3-4 am (otherwise known as the death hour) I also believe, that during that time the veil between our worlds is the thinnest, therefore that's probably why I keep waking up "hearing/seeing/smelling" things at that time.

Anyway, it happened last night. :? I wasn't even sure if I was awake of not but I felt a strange energy change pull me from my sleep. Now, I couldn't tell if I actually opened my eyes, or if was telepathically relayed to me, but I looked over toward the side of my bed, that my husband sleeps on, and "saw" the figure of a Egyptian Socophoucous (have no idea how to spell that) staring at me. It was SLIDING sideways from one end of my bed to the other than disappeared. I can remember my Remus Ring (that has Anubis attached to it) pulsating with lots of energy as if he was giving me confirmation that it was indeed him. I looked at my clock and the time was 4:05.

He didn't do or say anything and I think he chose an Egyptian sign b/c seeing a man with the head of a Jackal would scare the heck out of me. It was like he was stoping by to "check" me out. Maybe seeing how I'd respond??? But I have to tell you... the "vision" was very... MAJESTIC. I was obviously in the presence of something greater than myself. It's very humbling. :)

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.... Plato
queenie
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Wow what asuperb way to show himself. you are indeed honoured. :)

Living on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun
every year.
Vampire Lover [its a neck thing].
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

yay elizabeth! now you are truly one with the god who chose you and if you look at some statues available around (and on ebay), you can simply get used to seeing him as a man with a jackal head as the priests of amun would actually take a headpiece of anubis and wear it during the funerary ceremonies, especially the "opening of the mouth" which was believed to be what allowed the ka of the decedent to move on and return to it's body if it so desired from time to time. the bodies needed to be clearly marked with the name of the decedent because if it were stricken or "erased", the ka would not be able to locate it's body in order to come back and rest in. anubis stood watch over everything so....he's a very benevolent god who desires nothing more than to assist souls.

fyi - you were close in your spelling, it is sarcophagus. ;) as i told you, you have been chosen by one of the highest ranking gods in the egyptian pantheon - you have truly been blessed! namaste, arsine

trained conjurer
cupping healer

Mau Emerald Nile
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

What a delightful thread!! Great answers, all. I love cedarwood oil, and like to burn it in an oil burner. Putting a little distilled, well or pure springwater in your burner and adding a drop of oil to that will help it go further.

Blessings,
Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback

Return to “Immortals”