monthly GSP smudge party #4.picture heavy!

Know any items that make your Spirits happy or mad? Post here!
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

Raexis wrote:I love looking at these pictures! Thanks for sharing~

I'd like to try doing this, but I don't have anything to smudge with.
Do you think incense may work? Or would it need to be an herb like you used? Maybe incense wouldn't even give off enough smoke. Hm..
thanks for looking! and i think I recall seeing on here in the forum somewhere, other people using incense for THEIR spirits, so i don't think there is any harm in that,since a lot of the spirits likec ertain types of incense too.
so, for the offering,that should be okay.
the only difference with smudging is, it is done to cleanse the area of all negative energy, and remove negative spirits too.so, if you have any DA spirits, i would say do not smudge!

(I had started the smudging routine in December of 09, when she gave me the shell, and white sage as a Christmas present...and as i don't have incense, started doing the smudging parties to show my appreciation to my spirit family, and now am hooked on it!)

what i know for SURE is: you can smudge with sweetgrass, as that pleases all the spirits, but sage makes DA spirits sick.
So, they say use sweetgrass to draw the spirits to the smoke, but then use sage to get rid of the dark spirits.

(I had to send in a help desk ticket to ask if my gargoyle which is en route, will get sick from it, since he is GA.
and 2 of my other spirits i have are GA (my Immortals) but so far i haven't "felt" any sense of those 2 being ill from the sage.

i can look into cedar again, as i use that too...and perhaps cedar is safe for all entities...but i don't know for sure, so better to research it than take my word! (on the cedar part.but i know about the sage and sweetgrass for sure)

sorry if this seems discombobulated, haven't had my morning coffee fix yet. :sly:

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Looks like an elf dancing
Looks like a dragon posing
Looks like your unicorn posing

Those are my favorite. Looks like they are copying the image on the pendant.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

suga wrote:Looks like an elf dancing
Looks like a dragon posing
Looks like your unicorn posing

Those are my favorite. Looks like they are copying the image on the pendant.
oh yeah! i see that now! thanks for pointing out what you see!
i love getting everyone's input! thanks! :hug:
and so far, no elves in my family, maybe they want me to bring one into the fold? (unless my fae count...but i know fae aren't elves, so hope i didn't offend my spirits!) lol

Raexis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 11
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

There's no need to apologize - I really appreciate all of the information!

Because of my living situation, I'm not sure I could use smudge sticks or burning loose herbs either. To most people, they look odd, so I'd have to hide those things.. and I'm not comfortable with that. x:

And I honestly didn't know that sage could harm DA spirits. :ohcrap: I just have my Gargoyle with me right now, and I'm not sure what effect it would have on him. They're kind of in the middle, right?

Maybe I can try taking pictures while burning lots of incense for him. It would be really exciting for me if I saw anything in the smoke. :D

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night." –Edgar Allan Poe
:pumpkin:
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

Dilvsy, fae and elves look a like minus the wings. Could be a another being that looks like a humanoid. Looks playful though. Isn't that Pandora's box? When I got mine there definately was a being present rather than just a spell.

Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

Cool pictures! The first, I see a seated, robed humanoid, the second, I see an equine crowhopping. (A form of bucking where their shoulders are highest, and their head is down) I thought I saw several dragons in the last few, but I'd need to check.

Sweetgrass sounds like a safe default (I haven't tried it) but your garden variety DA buddy won't be harmed by sage. It gets rid of ambient negativity, and gives featherweight Black Arts beings a hard time (as well as making it difficult for lightweight unbound DA beings who want to make mischeif). My theory, is that sage affects them by removing ambient negativity and making the climate less hospitable to them.

But humans are DA and sage benefits us on an energetic level, and some immortals appreciate even more 'light' and refined scents than sage. So I can see 'lighter' DA spirits not minding sage, or even enjoying it.

Sometimes I really need to ramp up the 'light' energy level in my room for my wellbeing, and when I do this, one of my darker spirits retreats to his charging box grumbling philosophically. (He understands my need, so there's no hard feelings) But it takes a fair bit more than simply burning sage to get that effect.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Raexis wrote:There's no need to apologize - I really appreciate all of the information!

Because of my living situation, I'm not sure I could use smudge sticks or burning loose herbs either. To most people, they look odd, so I'd have to hide those things.. and I'm not comfortable with that. x:

And I honestly didn't know that sage could harm DA spirits. :ohcrap: I just have my Gargoyle with me right now, and I'm not sure what effect it would have on him. They're kind of in the middle, right?

Maybe I can try taking pictures while burning lots of incense for him. It would be really exciting for me if I saw anything in the smoke. :D
i say, give it a shot with the incense!i had no idea if anything would show in MINE, but it is just a nice way to show all my spirits that i love them,and i never get anhy bad feelings that i am hurting my 2 GAs. I do love looking at others' pictures when they post, so i say, go for it! i will definitely want to see if anything shows! :D

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

suga wrote:Dilvsy, fae and elves look a like minus the wings. Could be a another being that looks like a humanoid. Looks playful though. Isn't that Pandora's box? When I got mine there definately was a being present rather than just a spell.
ahhh, okay.makes sense that elves and fae would look similar.as for the item i am holding,no not Pandora's box, but my Sterling angel's vessel.funny how her vessel is pewter! I was drawn to the vessel as she was one of the ready conjured spirits in CH.my 2 dragons were also ready conjured, as well as my bronwyn angel.the rest, are either custom conjures, or spirit stones i chose with the few free choice of spirit stone, or spelled item sales a few months back. :D

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lampropeltis wrote:Cool pictures! The first, I see a seated, robed humanoid, the second, I see an equine crowhopping. (A form of bucking where their shoulders are highest, and their head is down) I thought I saw several dragons in the last few, but I'd need to check.

Sweetgrass sounds like a safe default (I haven't tried it) but your garden variety DA buddy won't be harmed by sage. It gets rid of ambient negativity, and gives featherweight Black Arts beings a hard time (as well as making it difficult for lightweight unbound DA beings who want to make mischeif). My theory, is that sage affects them by removing ambient negativity and making the climate less hospitable to them.

But humans are DA and sage benefits us on an energetic level, and some immortals appreciate even more 'light' and refined scents than sage. So I can see 'lighter' DA spirits not minding sage, or even enjoying it.

Sometimes I really need to ramp up the 'light' energy level in my room for my wellbeing, and when I do this, one of my darker spirits retreats to his charging box grumbling philosophically. (He understands my need, so there's no hard feelings) But it takes a fair bit more than simply burning sage to get that effect.
ahhh, thank you Lamp! that has eased my mind! i didn't want to find out i ahd been hurting my GA Immortals with my offering of love, so good to know!
And also glad to hear that the sage works more towards removing negative energies, so if i did have a DA spirit eventually, as it would be bridged to me, guess it would just go away for a bit like yours does, but not be harmed.

that's cute what you wrote, i picture a spirit all pouty, sighing, and retreating to it's home, letting you do your thing, cause it knows you need it. ::bop::

and thanks for sharing what you see in my pictures.i love going back and looking at what everyone is seeign, and then am like, "ooohhhh yeah! cool! there it is!"like a where's Waldo, of sorts.

rofl

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

dilvsy wrote: ahhh, okay.makes sense that elves and fae would look similar.as for the item i am holding,no not Pandora's box, but my Sterling angel's vessel.funny how her vessel is pewter! I was drawn to the vessel as she was one of the ready conjured spirits in CH.my 2 dragons were also ready conjured, as well as my bronwyn angel.the rest, are either custom conjures, or spirit stones i chose with the few free choice of spirit stone, or spelled item sales a few months back. :D
Interesting. I wonder if this humanoid is the angel. Sterlings are playful and fun.

Return to “Items”