any tattoos regarding your spirits? (or,just to share)

Know any items that make your Spirits happy or mad? Post here!
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

hey guys,
i was just thinking about my tattoos...and especially the most recent one i got inked last December.

Like many of others who are inked, all 4 of mine i got for reasons to mark times in my life, or for self empowerment)

i had been wanting a 4th for years, and could not decide on what to get, and one day an artist friend of mine drew a picture of an angel, from behind, which stole my heart.

i asked if i could use it for my next tattoo, and she said she would be honoured if i got it.
so, as my grandfather had passed away last June, i kept thinking about the angel, and really wanted to finally get it inked.

i used some of the money i got from the selling of the grandparents house, and this angel is a tribute tattoo for them, and also, marks my path right now, on my journey.

kinda funny, only a few months after getting the tattoo, i discovered spirit collecting, and now have 5 angels here with me, so this is also a tribute for them.

anyway, here is the tatt:

i think of her, as my guardian angel, and she's "got my back" so i cannot see her face, because she is always watching out for me, and also, has her eye on both my grandparents in heaven.

my second ever tattoo i got, i was 22 or so at the time..and i was drawn to the karma cards imagery,(i own the deck...but no idea where it is right now)

but i fell in love with one of the cards, and how it symbolizes friendship.so i got it on my back as friendship is the backbone of my existence. (sadly, i got this a few years before the term "tram stamp" was coined. thanks for that, skanky girls!!!!

this is the tattoo:

sorry these are not in order!

and, my first tattoo, is the one i dislike.it is the only tattoo i picked from a stencil off the wall, all the others were created just for me, and no one else has them.)

so, i was 19 when i got my first tatt, and as i am a LEO, i decided either a lion's head, or a sun.
and, i was hiding my tattoos from my father for the first few years so i went with this dinky little sun...it reminds me of the raisin bran logo, and as i have such small breasts, i now make the joke to people that i got it for Raisin bran, and then point to my boobs, and say... "two scoops!"

i will never get it removed, as it is a reminder of me at age 19. but it is also the only tattoo of mine with colour in it.
for such a vibrant personality, i am unusually drawn to more neutral coloured tattoos.

now, my second fave of all of my tattoos...is my 3rd tattoo, that i got at age 29.
I had gone through a rough year, and what got me through, is the love for my favourite band in the universe...

Super Furry Animals (do not let the name deter you from knowing they are one of the most brilliant, experimental, amazing bands around)
and one of the songs that i often turned to, was called "Sidewalk Serfer Girl" (yes, intentionally misspelled)
so, when their Rings around the world album came out, it was one i turned to for strength and comfort, plus, that album was the first tour of their i ever saw them live.) so one of the lines from the song is "sidewalk serfer girl, i'll do anything to catch you falling"

and the video for the song was so gorgeous, and had this cartoon of a silhouette girl falling through the sky, so i saw the image, and HAD to get a tattoo of that, to show i lived through that rough period, and as a thank you to the band, and a permanent marker for me, to show how much their music has saved me, but without it being obvious it is a band related tattoo.

so, here she is:

it's funny, out of all my tattoos, this one has actually triggered a few of my friends to want something similar to this image.
i guess many of us feel like we are falling in life, and what better way to show it than with this badge of honour.

anyway, so there ya go.

would love to see some of your tattoos, if anyone is willing to share! :thumbup:

crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

hey dilvs! i actually have in mind a tattoo i would love to have done on my side (if i ever come into the amount of funds it would take to complete it) or my back with me in the center with my ritual wear on and in front my dear cauldron "fancy" and then all around my spirits who wish to be shown, all in color and i know the artist i would love to have do it but it would be probably a year in the making from start to finish. but that is what i've been seeing in my mind. maybe a royal king cobra on my upper arm or coiled around my leg too. thanks for sharing your's with us! :hug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced

I love the angel Divsy. The stories are very interesting and I'll also note that the amount of detail in them has evolved along with you!

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

crone maatkaere wrote:hey dilvs! i actually have in mind a tattoo i would love to have done on my side (if i ever come into the amount of funds it would take to complete it) or my back with me in the center with my ritual wear on and in front my dear cauldron "fancy" and then all around my spirits who wish to be shown, all in color and i know the artist i would love to have do it but it would be probably a year in the making from start to finish. but that is what i've been seeing in my mind. maybe a royal king cobra on my upper arm or coiled around my leg too. thanks for sharing your's with us! :hug:
that sounds like that would be a gorgeous piece, Crone! :D
i say, keep that dream alive! :thumbup:
i know quite a few people who have major pieces done, and it is awesome having that bond with a tattoo artist, as you keep going back month after month, watching their art come alive on your body.

:hug:

Sage: thank you! :hug: and that is neat, what you pointed out, how the detail has evolved with each.
I never really noticed that!
that is why i cherish all my tattoos, it is sort of like how when you cut open a tree, and can see how old it is by all the rings inside...but with me, it is my attoos, showing the maps of my life path.

i wonder if I will get more, in time.
Chances are most likely....yes.

they are addictive.but for me, more the feeling of confidence and pride i feel after getting inked.
i feel like YEAHHHH.... I SAT THROUGH THAT PAIN!

:clap:

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member

Thanks for sharing, Dilvsy!!!

I used to want a winged unicorn on my back or somewhere else, but I'm a MAJOR wimp when it comes to pain and needles, so the jury screamed **** NO when I asked myself about it. :lol: I admire anyone who can sit through something like that, and I love the increase in detail. The angel in particular is stunning.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

I love admiring tattoos on people..I'm too fickle and changeable..So I will stick to admiring the one's youv'e got..I too like the Angel tattoo..But I am more drawn to the lady freefalling..Loved that last one..he he he!

If I had to get a tattoo it would be a mural of my sister, my mother, myself and my nieces..Along with all my deceased pets hanging out in a tropical Utopia.My pets would be wearing leis or tropical flowers...Oh yeah, and we would all be wearing some seriously cool Hawaiian clothes..Then again, I could change my mind an have us all go Japanese style... in a Japanese mural... in Kimonos, and cool Geisha hair. Trust me, you don't want to know what I have planned for the pets...lol :lol: ;)

See..I can never make up my mind..I would want it all in vivid color an very 3D..That's about all I can say :think: ;)

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Alycat79 wrote:Thanks for sharing, Dilvsy!!!

I used to want a winged unicorn on my back or somewhere else, but I'm a MAJOR wimp when it comes to pain and needles, so the jury screamed **** NO when I asked myself about it. :lol: I admire anyone who can sit through something like that, and I love the increase in detail. The angel in particular is stunning.
a winged unicorn would be cool!and i admit, i don't think i could sit through a giant tattoo, so my angel is the biggest one i have, and that took 2 hours. i just love that it is exactly what my friend drew.the guy who did the tattoo, only changed the wings so they could work on the tatt, as the original, has very detailed wings.plus, i love the curly long hair, that part reminds me of myself. lol.

here is my friend's original drawing:

(drawn by Eliza Murphy)

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

DarkAddictions wrote:I love admiring tattoos on people..I'm too fickle and changeable..So I will stick to admiring the one's youv'e got..I too like the Angel tattoo..But I am more drawn to the lady freefalling..Loved that last one..he he he!

If I had to get a tattoo it would be a mural of my sister, my mother, myself and my nieces..Along with all my deceased pets hanging out in a tropical Utopia.My pets would be wearing leis or tropical flowers...Oh yeah, and we would all be wearing some seriously cool Hawaiian clothes..Then again, I could change my mind an have us all go Japanese style... in a Japanese mural... in Kimonos, and cool Geisha hair. Trust me, you don't want to know what I have planned for the pets...lol :lol: ;)

See..I can never make up my mind..I would want it all in vivid color an very 3D..That's about all I can say :think: ;)
thanks for the compliments on my tatts! i love the falling girl one a lot still too. her, and my angel, are the 2 faves of my 4.

well, the whole point and purpose of a good tattoo, is being 100% sure you are happy with your design, first and foremost...and as it took 6 years for me to find my perfect 4th tattoo, believe me, when i saw my friend's angel picture, it stole my breath away.
and then i felt strongly, that i NEEDED that on me, as it really fit in with who i am in my life right now, and my path.
and also, is a reminder that although we cannot see our angels faces, it is because they are busy looking out for us.
and she sort of is a reminder to me, that she has her eyes on my loved ones in heaven, so she is my direct connection to them.

i do love when i see colourful tatts on people, but for some reason, i am always drawn to the darker colours, more neutral.
which is funny as i have a vibrant colourful personality.

strange, eh?
::bop::

but i think, if you are serious about one day getting a tattoo like that, the perfect design WILL come to you when the timing is right. you made me giggle with the hawaiian shirt/kimono thing.
why not mix it up, have half in hawaiian shirts, and half in kimonos! ;)

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Yeah, that would be quite an ecclectic, but great topic for conversation..lol..Can you imagine figures of me, and family members with plates piled high with assorted sushi (which happens to be my favorite food..Along with Loco Moco)?..The cats decked out with tropical flowers on their heads and half kimono an half Hawaiian attire..The male cat will have a Samurai sword just so he isn't too feminized..lol..Aaahhh..Visions of him eyeing the Koi fish in the blue green pond come to mind..lol

I may just throw in depictions of my spirits in there also..My two Chinese Dragons may be offended though..So maybe I can nix that idea..lol

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

DarkAddictions wrote:Yeah, that would be quite an ecclectic, but great topic for conversation..lol..Can you imagine figures of me, and family members with plates piled high with assorted sushi (which happens to be my favorite food..Along with Loco Moco)?..The cats decked out with tropical flowers on their heads and half kimono an half Hawaiian attire..The male cat will have a Samurai sword just so he isn't too feminized..lol..Aaahhh..Visions of him eyeing the Koi fish in the blue green pond come to mind..lol

I may just throw in depictions of my spirits in there also..My two Chinese Dragons may be offended though..So maybe I can nix that idea..lol

well, that would definitely be a tattoo that would be fun explaining to people!
but promise me one thing...no tattooed cans of SPAM! ::rofl::
and hey, think of your body as a naked canvas...you could always add your chinese dragons to another piece entirely! :D

Return to “Items”