Site Admin
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Ghosts - yes and Spirits - yes

Any time I have seen a ghost in daytime or nighttime they have been completely oblivious to my presence & appear to be doing something they did in life. A previous owner of our home died in the driveway, we live near the Erie Canal where they were constant deaths in the construction & operations of the canal, and we live adjacent to Indian Reservation property so we have seen numerous ghosts of Native Americans, early settlers, Canal workers, and the man who died here previously all within our own home & within a 10 mile radius to the Canal trail.

I believe they are more easily seen in the daytime as at night they are not luminescent as they are in Hollywood movies, they are more shadowed. Typically they are walking, kneeling in the field, doing something like shoveling or riding horseback, wiping their forehead & leaning against a tree, many simple ordinary actions. Most of the time it only lasts a few seconds, just long enough for your brain to process what is going on, blink and then they're gone. Most of the time I see the same ghosts in the same area & with some of them, like the previous owner, I see them doing the same thing over and over as opposed to the ghost doing different actions.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
antinousisgod1
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: God
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Tutankhsobek
Zodiac:

Oh sure, i've seen lots of ghosts. I dunno how many of you read my introduction so i'll post a few here.

I love visiting historic sites. I visited the old Fremantle Prison in WA many times. Most times i've seen or heard or felt ghosts there. I once saw a shadow man walk past the window on the second floor when nobody was up there.

Another time I saw the ghost of a witch in a graveyard. She was very old and wearing ragged grey clothes, peering into a grave. She had frazzled grey hair and was wearing a black cap. She sensed I was staring at her so I looked away quickly before she saw me. I've heard that if you make eye contact with evil witches they can follow you everywhere and terrorise you. I saw the spirit of a young woman skipping and singing joyfully in a settler cemetary. I saw a full body apparition of a shadow man three times during daylight standing in my doorway. I saw the ghost of a crazy man in an old asylum staring out of a window. I experienced some more spooky stuff in that asylum, including having a ghost yell and run through me and being followed by a black shadow crawling on the ceiling in another room. That place is very creepy and dark. I also saw a misty apparition of an imp on an empty highway once eating a dead animal. He looked up at me and smiled an evil smile with his sharp teeth out, thank gods I was safely on the bus! :scared:. However the one you're looking for would be my first ghost encounter. I saw a full body manifestation of an old settler in my old house (we moved, I don't ever want to go back). He was about 6 foot tall, wearing a hat with corks hanging from it, he had a beard, he was wearing a chequered shirt with a torn vest, old pants and old shoes. He walked past my door, paused halfway, stared at me and grinned an evil grin, his eyes shone red like rubies and then he continued walking into my parent's room. He repeated this over and over again. He was very solid and very scary. My mother later said that she saw him that night too, and she also saw a woman dressed in Victorian clothes. They were walking around her bedroom looking at things and the old man got up close to my mum and stared right at her. Creepy stuff :scared:

Ave Vive Antinoi! All Hail Antinous!

My avatar houses Niankhnum and Khnumhotep, one of the most celebrated gay couples of all time from Ancient Egypt.

'And people saw that every sort of beauty, every sort of love was from the gods, and they became free and bold, and they grew wings' - Mikhail Kuzmin
Oregane
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: x
If I could be anything, I would be...: x
My magical/paranormal name...: x

Hi all,

years ago, I was around 15, and visiting Oradour sur Glane, a village that was entirely destroyed during the second world war.
I remember to this day entering a new dimension to me...felt it physically...and suddenly there were hundreds of individuals running in front of me. adults, children, a wee girl stopped on her way to smile at me....Eery as I even smelled the bread from the bakery...

They were all running towards the chapel, and here I was, screaming to them, "don't, they are going to burn it and you alive"
No one heard me. I actually had to sit down on the ground, such powerful scenes in front of me.

I met many individuals that day, all ignored me. But a week later, when I got home, I read as much as I could about it. The villagers knowing an attack was coming took shelter in the chapel. It was torched.

So strange to be able to put faces to names entirely unknown to me.

I was so shaken that I had to be carried out of the village. I only spoke about it with my mother, and we both cried for all of those individuals who died in such a cruel way.

It has happened since, in other places.

But to this day, nothing has ever been as powerful as that.

Oregane

slxix
neophyte
neophyte

I have seen a couple of ghosts. Once living with my parents, I am not sure if he was a ghost or an entity he would strike around the hours of 2 am till 5 am and he would lurk around. Sometimes making strange growling noises, once he should himself it was a odd fog with a stranger negative outlined shape. He prefers the garage and dining room. My sis has experienced him, and literally felt frightened by this being. Then there is is lady of the house who passed away sleeping in her bed. We have never seen her, but she is a prankster. She has a wonderful sense of humor!! Our dad who doesn't believe in ghosts at all. This was after his stroke he was sitting up, and said, "I am waiting for the lady of the house to bring me my slippers she said she would. Our family has all encountered a ghost at some point and time.

Back in Kansas, please no dorthy jokes :). Ghosts lurked all the time, a good example I went down stairs and the electrical circuit breaker box seriously popped, sparks went everywhere. Mom called the repair man. He told us we were lucky our house didn't go up in flames because our house was wired incorrectly. We had lived there 2 years.

Another time in San Antonio I heard a little girl call my name. Didn't see her but definitely heard her.

antinousisgod1
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Oregane wrote:Hi all,

years ago, I was around 15, and visiting Oradour sur Glane, a village that was entirely destroyed during the second world war.
I remember to this day entering a new dimension to me...felt it physically...and suddenly there were hundreds of individuals running in front of me. adults, children, a wee girl stopped on her way to smile at me....Eery as I even smelled the bread from the bakery...

They were all running towards the chapel, and here I was, screaming to them, "don't, they are going to burn it and you alive"
No one heard me. I actually had to sit down on the ground, such powerful scenes in front of me.

I met many individuals that day, all ignored me. But a week later, when I got home, I read as much as I could about it. The villagers knowing an attack was coming took shelter in the chapel. It was torched.

So strange to be able to put faces to names entirely unknown to me.

I was so shaken that I had to be carried out of the village. I only spoke about it with my mother, and we both cried for all of those individuals who died in such a cruel way.

It has happened since, in other places.

But to this day, nothing has ever been as powerful as that.

Oregane
What a horrifying and tragic event. 642 people slaughtered mercillesly for no reason other than the sick pleasure of the kill. Those poor souls :(.

Your experience is amazing and I have read another one like yours before. Two English women visited France in the 80's or something and they entered a time warp which transported them back to Marie Antoinette's time. They walked through the streets and saw people dressed in old Imperial French clothes and then saw Marie herself sitting outside Versailles, painting in the garden. They spoke a bit to her and then left. She said she was worried that the people would kill her or something similar to that. Tres fascinating :)

My avatar houses Niankhnum and Khnumhotep, one of the most celebrated gay couples of all time from Ancient Egypt.

'And people saw that every sort of beauty, every sort of love was from the gods, and they became free and bold, and they grew wings' - Mikhail Kuzmin
Oregane
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Your favorite spirit to work with: x
If I could be anything, I would be...: x
My magical/paranormal name...: x

Hi Anti,

The memory of that day is as vivid now as it was then. And will stay with me forever. I admit that I could not walk into the Chapel, but at that point I don't feel that there were any need for me to do so....

Oregane

FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My magical/paranormal name...: Thea or you can just call me Fey
Zodiac:

I hated Blair Witch project because it blended just enough fact with fiction to make you think it was a documentary and all factual which it's definitely not.

I've had a few experiences, I've collected 2nd hand experiences from friends but I do have three first hand ghost expeirences, one was a full body apparition and two were grey foggy shadow people.

One was a grey shadowy man who walked the same way up a hall again and again always shutting the door behind him. Years later I saw a grey shadow bicycler late one night going through an intersection in a different environment. The full body one was a pirate lady with thick soles on the bottoms of her feet as if she'd never worn shoes, dressed in rag-like bandana sort of things sewn together, that was in New Orleans. One minute she was there as real as anyone, and another minute she was gone.

I also once had an experience with a spirit that took a heavy jar of bullets that both had belonged to her, the jar and the bullets, and she dumped them out on a table in the middle of the night. I never saw her but I knew she was there. I could tell you more about any of these stories they're long stories lol... My other experiences are mostly through dreams but those three I know happened while I was technically awake, eyes wide open. :ghost4: :ghost4: :ghost4:

Best wishes!

Spirit of the Earth... remember...
Spirit of the Sky... remember...
antinousisgod1
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

FeyLady68 wrote:I hated Blair Witch project because it blended just enough fact with fiction to make you think it was a documentary and all factual which it's definitely not.

I've had a few experiences, I've collected 2nd hand experiences from friends but I do have three first hand ghost expeirences, one was a full body apparition and two were grey foggy shadow people.

One was a grey shadowy man who walked the same way up a hall again and again always shutting the door behind him. Years later I saw a grey shadow bicycler late one night going through an intersection in a different environment. The full body one was a pirate lady with thick soles on the bottoms of her feet as if she'd never worn shoes, dressed in rag-like bandana sort of things sewn together, that was in New Orleans. One minute she was there as real as anyone, and another minute she was gone.

I also once had an experience with a spirit that took a heavy jar of bullets that both had belonged to her, the jar and the bullets, and she dumped them out on a table in the middle of the night. I never saw her but I knew she was there. I could tell you more about any of these stories they're long stories lol... My other experiences are mostly through dreams but those three I know happened while I was technically awake, eyes wide open. :ghost4: :ghost4: :ghost4:
Oooh, i'd love to hear more about the pirate ghost :). How'd a pirate get to New Orleans? I didn't think pirates reached North American shores.

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member

antinousisgod1 wrote:
Oooh, i'd love to hear more about the pirate ghost :). How'd a pirate get to New Orleans? I didn't think pirates reached North American shores.
::wave:: We're riddled with pirate stories, and a lot of them are located down around the Florida Keys, and a little further up the East Coast. My home stomping ground of North Carolina was base for one of the most notorious pirates, Black Beard. I haven't heard of pirates around the New Orleans area, but I shouldn't be surprised. I'd prefer sailing around those warmer waters, too, if I had the option. :lol:

I'd love to hear more about her, too!!

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

FeyLady68
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fae
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fae
My magical/paranormal name...: Thea or you can just call me Fey
Zodiac:

New Orleans definitely had pirates, it's most famous one being Jean Lafitte himself. There's a wiki page for him:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Lafitte

I'll elaborate on my experience. This was when I was a busker there playing music for tips on the street. I was 19 years old then. I was a bit of a starving artist in those days and I was a bit low on money and food that particular day. Later it occurred to me that I was in a state of fasting when this happened which on one hand might make you think I was just a little delirious but it's true that many cultures fast before going on vision quests and such and I do believe that under the right circumstances it can make you more sensitive to things.

At any rate I was hungry that day and I was in Jackson Square early in expectation of earning some tips with my guitar and singing. Only thing was it was too early and there were no tourists out and about... or anyone else either. I sat down at a seat in the square to wait for that to change.

That was when she walked into the square. The first thing I noticed about her was that she had no shoes on and very thick soles on her feet as if she'd never worn shoes in her life. I found myself staring at her feet because it was so unusual to see someone with callouses like that. She was dressed in what seemed like rags or like bandanas sewn together. There's a building on the right of the cathedral called The Presbytere (circa 1797) she marched right up to that building and rattled the fencing there and was yelling something that sounded angry in what I think was probably French. I thought at this point this was a real flesh and blood person and that she must be crazy so I took off and walked around the block and came back to see if she was still there expecting she would attract attention and would likely be in the process of being arrested when I returned. But when I came back she was gone without a trace. I lived in the Quarter at the time and frequented that area every day, but I never saw her again. I remember wondering if she was a re-enactor of some kind but I realized that if she was, I was her only audience. Thinking about it I realized she looked pirate-like, like she could have just stepped off of Jean Lafitte's pirate ship.

Years later after the advent of the internet I looked up what ghost stories they tell about that spot in front of those buildings and found that many people have reported seeing a monk's ghost there, but no one else was saying they'd seen my lady pirate. I always wondered why I got to see her, and what she was angry about... wish I could have helped.

I found a picture online of exactly the spot where this happened that I'll enclose here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Best wishes!

Spirit of the Earth... remember...
Spirit of the Sky... remember...

Return to “General Questions”