You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

Almost 2 years ago, I went to a haunted prison in St. Augustine as part of a school field trip (sweet, huh?). Even the teachers and students who normally didn't believe in these things reported seeing freaky stuff. I swore I saw a man in shackles about 3 times during my stay, and my science teacher (BIG paranormal skeptic) said he kept seeing shadows crawling all over the place. I remember at one point, the lights blew out, and the whole class screamed like toddlers :lol:

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
kindred
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 20
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: angels
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

bumping

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

yes, the very first ghost i saw was that of my maternal grandmother. to know my grandmother, you have to know that she didn't believe in the paranormal (or as she called it) "stuff and nonsense". so for me to have seen her when i was 18 still bothers me to this very day.

my grandmother was diagnosed with neuro cancer the same day as my grandfather was diagnosed with moderate alzheimers. its because of his doctors appointment that they made the discovery about my grandmother's condition, when they found her outside of the doctor's office sitting on a bench without her shoes and socks on, in late november (which it gets very cold around that time of year). as days passed her condition got worse, till eventually she was hospitalized.

it was on the last day that my mother had been forced to leave my grandmother's hospital bed. my mother had decided to make my grandmother a DNR (do not resuscitate) (which means make her comfortable but let her die in peace), but at the last minute went into critical care nurse mode and was trying to save her life. the doctor saw this and told her to "go home, we'll call if there is any change". as my mother was talking to her sister (my aunt) i walked in to the living room. there sitting in what we had deemed the "comfy chair", for the way its sides were high and wrapped the person sitting there in a nice snug position, sat my grandmother, with a smile on her face. i freaked out, for at that moment i knew she had died. i begged my mother to get off the phone. it got to the point that my dad even came up because of the arguing between my mother and i. finally fed up she hung the phone up apologizing to her sister about my rude behavior. not even five seconds had past and the phone rang.

it was our great aunt (my grandmother's sister) calling, stating that she had been trying to call for the last 5 minutes. the reason "mary has died". in other words i saw my grandmother's spirit pass at her exact time of death. i never saw another spirit after that until i came to CH, learned to hone in on my ability.

i've always been great at feeling energies, even that of spirits. but to see the ghost of a loved one who you know is in a hospital an hour away dying isn't all that "cool" to see.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Aternity of Darkness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 3
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dark Art Spirits
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mix of All DA
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Dark Shadow

So many great experiences with ghosts, i enjoyed reading all this, keep them coming...

“It is inevitable that some defeat will enter even the most victorious life. The human spirit is never finished when it is defeated...it is finished when it surrenders.”

Eleyne
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 16
Spelled Number: 13
If I could be anything, I would be...: Psi Vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Eleyne
Zodiac:

There are some great experiences posted! Here is mine.

In November of 1984, my family moved into a new and larger home. I was 9 at the time. From day one there were strange things that happened in that house. My grandfather's rocking chair would rock on its own, doors slamming when there was no one there and no breeze in the house, the TV turned off and on by itself as well as changed channels.

For the first 15 years or so my parents always had an excuse for everything that happened. "There is a draft somewhere" "The batteries need to be changed in the remote". I knew that there was "Something" or "Someone" else in the house with us but it never scared me. My parents finally started to believe me after one incident.

My Dad had just bought a new horse and she had just arrived at the barn here in Canada from Texas. The whole family spent the evening getting to know her. None of us could agree on a name for her though and we stayed up until 1am discussing it. We finally decided to all sleep on it and went to bed.

Not 30 minutes later there was a loud crash in the living room. Everyone bolted out of their bedrooms and rushed downstairs. There, face down on the living room floor was the huge family portrait that hung over the mantle. The nail it hung on was still firmly in the brick. There was no way this could have just fallen! As we are standing there perplexed my Mom looks and everyone and says "Lexie. We need to name her Lexie". I truly believe that our invisible resident wanted to be in on the naming because to this day my Mom couldn't tell you where the name came from.

Shortly after that my Grandfather (Dad's Dad) appeared to both my father and little sister. My Dad who was a HUGE skeptic was now a believer. After that, the activity increased in the house. In the middle of the night I would hear running up and down the stairs for hours at a time. Every time I peaked the noise continued but there was never anyone there. Things started go missing. I took 3 hangers out of the closet to hang some clothes. I hung the 2nd one back up and turned around and the 3rd one was gone from my bed. I turned that room upside down and didn't find it. I finally said out loud "That's not funny, please put it back". I left the room and came back 10 minutes later and it was sitting in the middle of my bed. These things happened to all 5 of us so there are many, many examples of this happening.

That year, we took a picture of our Christmas tree and when the film was developed there was a strange red orb in the picture. My Mom ran a photo lab so she went though everything in the room and it was determined that nothing could have caused it. I took it to a friend who was psychic. She came back and told me that she saw two spirits-a man wearing a fedora which would be my Grandfather but also a little boy. She said his name was Harold. He was about 5 or 6 years old and wore overalls. He had curly blond hair and big blue eyes. She told us that he died somewhere in our area in the early 1800's. He drowned in a well.

I started to acknowledge Harold and talk to him. The activity picked up even more. There were many nights I was away. My bedroom was right over the living room. At 5 am every morning as my Mom was quietly sipping her coffee and reading she would hear someone walking around my room like they were getting ready for the day. The first couple of times she went and looked and of course the room was empty. My niece had a stick horse. The kind you press its ear and it makes whinnying and galloping noises. This started going off when my Mom was home alone. It would seem Harold wanted to play.

I finally got to see him. I had insomnia and so while trying to fall asleep, I would talk to Harold. One night in one corner of my room, it looked like falling stars for about 5 minutes. Another night I could see a shadow standing on my cedar chest playing with a marionette I had hanging from the ceiling.

One night as I was talking to him, I told him I wish he would show himself to me. After a few minutes and he hadn't done anything I decided to close my eyes and try and sleep. Two minutes later I head a floor board squeak and opened my eyes. I watched Harold walk around from the foot of my bed to the side. He climbed on my bed on his tummy and came almost nose to nose with me. We just looked at each other for a moment then he smiled and backed off the bed and walked to the bottom of it and disappeared again.

I moved out shortly after that. The noises and whatnot still continued until the day my parents moved out 6 years ago. I hope and pray that the family that moved in loves him as much as we did. He was just such a lost and lonely little boy.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

I have seen many ghosts. My parents always lived in old houses, which were rife with ghosts of all sorts. Here are a few that come to mind:

1. The first house I remember had a "salesman" who would go from outside door to door, knocking, until he got to the last door, where you would see blood on the steps. This happened daily every day at noon.

2. An old double wide that burned down. We could smell smoke and see a woman running through the house, screaming and with flames running down her gown.

3. An old house that would not hold tenants for long. We would see a head floating around the bedrooms and the bathroom. We would see a face in the mirror of a woman, but she was not there when you turned around.

4. An old funeral home. Lots of activity here. A man walked down the stair case with his head tucked neatly under his arm. A woman that would pull our covers off us at night and give us a stern look while pointing towards the door. A man that was lying in the bathtub with blood running down the drain in the upstairs bathroom. In the downstairs bathroom, blood on the rim of the bathtub, and sometimes you would see full bodies laid out in the tub (My brother started refusing to use the bathroom by himself because of something he saw, that he will not reveal to this very day).
Bedrooms: You could see full bodies laid out in certain bedrooms, in certain places as if they were there to be viewed.

5. An old apartment when Huff and I had just gotten married. A meat cleaver that would float through the air, in a reenactment of the actual murder of the woman at the kitchen sink. There would be a blood trail that would go through the connecting door into the other apartment where the bathtub there would suddenly start running water of its own accord, and the water would turn bloody. There were bloody clothes found under that house, that matched the clothes that were worn by the apparition (I saw that much before the angels pushed me away from the scene).

As you can see, I have seen this type activity as far back as I can remember. This does not include the house my mother was almost choked to death in by a malicious entity, but we will save that for later.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
brunettehunni
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Queen of Vampires
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity
Zodiac:

Yes when I was a young girl I used to seeing glowing red eyes just staring at me. I would get up and go to the bathroom and I would notice those eyes watching me, A few weeks went by and more red eyes appeared in different places. I wasn't frightened by it until one time I was in the basement and the door I was looking at slammed shut. Ever since I didn't wanna go in the basement alone. I don't live in that house anymore it was just a weird experience and once we got to our new house the red eyes stopped appearing.

Aternity of Darkness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

brunettehunni wrote:Yes when I was a young girl I used to seeing glowing red eyes just staring at me. I would get up and go to the bathroom and I would notice those eyes watching me, A few weeks went by and more red eyes appeared in different places. I wasn't frightened by it until one time I was in the basement and the door I was looking at slammed shut. Ever since I didn't wanna go in the basement alone. I don't live in that house anymore it was just a weird experience and once we got to our new house the red eyes stopped appearing.
I have heard from several people in my city here about red eye cloak figures starring at them while they sleep... Scary, but exciting at the same time, the thrill of being spooked has got to be fun... :vampire:

“It is inevitable that some defeat will enter even the most victorious life. The human spirit is never finished when it is defeated...it is finished when it surrenders.”

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Ghosts can be fun unless you live with one or more. It does get irritating to have your sleep interrupted by a ghost pulling your covers off and pointing at the door every night.

Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Aternity of Darkness
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Huffette wrote:Ghosts can be fun unless you live with one or more. It does get irritating to have your sleep interrupted by a ghost pulling your covers off and pointing at the door every night.
Yeah that does sound a bit irritating if it happens every night, whats with pointing at the door, is the ghost telling you to leave?

Return to “General Questions”