You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A beloved pet
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Seer
Zodiac:

Hi all
I just finished watching Death of a Ghost Hunter which passes itself off as a true story much like The Blair Witch Project. It was good but not great, somewhat creepy. After watching it I started an internet search and there is no evidence that this house or crime ever happened. However, it got me thinking. Being a member of a paranormal forum I was wondering how many of our members have actually seen a ghost? I don't mean dark mist, unexplainable tapping, voice recorded EVP's. I mean, a full bodied apparition of a human being.

I have met plenty of people who have told me stories of a ghost they have seen. For instance, before I was born my fathers older sister was a witch. I say that only because that is what she called herself. As a child I was always fascinated by the stories my father told me about the thing that happened in her house. For instance, he told me about one time when he was in his late teens and was watching her kids(my cousins). He said he had gone to the kitchen to make himself a sandwich. He placed his sandwich on a plate and proceeded to walk into the living room to eat it. He said he was then violently kicked from behind and the sandwich few across the living room hitting the far wall. When he looked behind him he was completely alone and my cousins were sleeping and to young to have administered such a kick. There was another incident he told me about where he was working the graveyard shift at the hospital. He said he was sitting in the lounge and heard something. He went out the door to see a very young girl standing at the end of the hall. He said he could see through her and was instantly terrified. He told the nurses about it and they were very matter-of-fact about it and said many people had seen her.

I personally have never SEEN a ghost. I have heard and felt unexplainable things. Seen dark mist and forms but never a glowing full bodied apparition. As a child I was told I saw things but i don't remember. I remember waking one night and hearing what sounded like tons of voices in my room. I thought maybe my parents were having a party but there was a strange quality to the voices. I was fully awake with my eyes open trying to decipher what I was hearing. At the instant I realized that I didn't recognize any of the voices I sat straight up in bed and the voices instantly stopped. I have never had that experience again but I remember it vividly. I was probably no more than 7 at the time.

We have all HEARD ghost stories. I would like to hear how many people on this forum have seen a ghost with the naked, unaided eye while fully awake, alone or with others. I have had countless paranormal experiences but I have never SEEN a ghost. :ghost2: :ghost4:

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." ~Seneca
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I have 2 awnsers for this from personal experience depending on how you look at it.

With My Physical Eye I learned to trust more then my Mental Eye.

Physically Yes I came across many scary as hell looking apparitions on paranormal investigations and some even thought to be lost souls. Whenever cold spots come and chills, draining my cell phone and camera battery to dead i would often see shadow people then following either a Full Bodied apparition or a Disembodied Voice Or A body part. Such as a Head floating or someone's arm grabbing me and then dissapears a second later. For my Bound spirits My jinni has physically manifested to me. Very Ethereal but full body walking around my house across the hallways or laying down on my bed. Waking up at 6am early in the morning for school I seen a woman i believed to be her standing at the end of my bed. Was transparent but full body and all there.

I dont know if this counts as seeing "Physically" since it's sort of different but i can induce myself to 'hallucinate' and see with the physical eye and some spirits are often revealed to me this way. It looks different from seeing a spirit manifest on its own though.
Last edited by Killa on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Hi! ::wave::

I've heard many stories of family members seeing ghosts and weird happenings, and I've had a few myself.

There was one time I woke up WAY early in the morning. I was uncomfortable, so I rolled over and opened my eyes and saw the full body outline of an older woman in the bed with me, with her arms crossed over her chest. I was WIDE awake because I did the sensible thing . . . and buried myself under my comforter while telling whatever "she" was to leave me the hell alone. Another time I woke up in the same room and saw what looked to be a caped man standing over me. Yet another burrowing under the covers commenced. Maybe I was a mole in a past life somewhere. :lol:

My more memorable sightings, though, have been the horses I've seen in the barn. There was one day I walked out and saw a chestnut with a very prominent blaze poke its head out of a stall down the aisle way and toss it like he was trying to get my attention. I blinked and he was gone, and the stall was completely empty. Another time I was riding in the indoor ring and happened to glance into the back window of one of the stalls that is attached and saw the butt, back, and head of a large bay horse in a particular stall. I blinked, and the horse was gone again, and when I checked later that stall had been empty all day, the shavings weren't disturbed nor was there any physical evidence of a horse having been in the stall for days.

I've actually heard them, too. I'll be in the hayloft tossing stuff down for the handful of horses that stay inside, and I'll hear nickers coming from stalls that have no horses and that are separated by the horses that are inside by several feet. I also saw a cat a week after he had been killed wandering around the aisle way.

It's certainly interesting out here. :D

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

noul
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 43
Spelled Number: 11
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
Zodiac:

Hmmmm most houses that we lived in when I was a kid had a ghost or 2, it’s one of those great family discussions that we get into “hey remember that house that had that creepy room upstairs that was always cold even when it was 100 out and it always felt like something was staring at you ?” which leads to all the other strange things we’ve seen lol like "or that scary woman that used to look out of our bathroom window?" it’s a bunch of fun, then you try to go to bed without freaking out lol.

But for actually seeing anything recently I would have to say it was a house in Killeen TX, we were renting there and I would wake up hearing the pitter patter of little feet. Course my son was 2 or 3 so I would get up and look for him only to find him in bed asleep. I walked into the kitchen one morning to find my sunflower (was in a vase) moved so it was pointed towards my wall, I moved it back, went to check on my son and it was moved back when I came back to the kitchen. So I grumbled and told them to leave it alone.

A few weeks later I’m sleeping in bed and it’s around 5 am and I feel the bed shift (hubby is in the military so he gets home from PT around that time) and I think it’s just my husband back from working out and he sat on the bed to remove his shoes. Only….. I can’t move or open my eyes, had to will myself to move and called mom lol I felt sorry for her 3am her time and I’m calling because I’m hysterical. About a week later I wake up in the same state (same time of day) but something is moving the pillow that sits between my knees and I can feel the energy buzzing on my legs, again I willed myself to move then proceed to run around the room like a crazy woman yelling and screaming at spirits to leave me the heck alone or I would rebuke them to where the sun doesn’t shine lol.

Once I was peeling some potatoes for dinner and happened to look up and saw someone heading over to my sons room….thought oh, okay hubby must be checking on the kid, a few seconds pass and I realize hubby is sitting at the computer desk right in front of me and hasn’t moved, course I crept by like I was trying to sneak up on something and he (hubby) reaches out and grabs me, I almost had a heart attack.

My son woke up early one morning whimpering in his bed, I went in and asked him what was wrong and he pointed to the corner of the room and asked me who is that? Told him that I had no idea but we will tell them to leave. My neighbor said that even when no one was living in that side (duplex) she would hear someone opening and closing the cabinets in the kitchen. I once asked her why she had such a dark curtain up and she wouldn’t say lol but I found out on my own….if you didn’t have a dark curtain up you would see shadows on the wall like someone had walked by the window. I don’t know how many times I went outside to see if someone was there and no one was. And it wasn’t cars cause we were up above the road high enough that it wouldn’t be that, and there was no cars driving by anyway. I have pics from that house that are littered with orbs, I was sooooo happy to move out of that place!!! Course being in the military we move a lot and I’m paranoid that we will get another one of those houses

so i've seen one lol while peeling potatoes, but there was alot going on in that house anyways so it was probably easier to see it.

SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A beloved pet
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Seer
Zodiac:

Great stories so far :thumbup: Anyone else?

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." ~Seneca
DragonKeeper
venerated member
venerated member

I have seen ghosts and what some will call ghosts. I've been fascinated by them since I was about 4 years old and saw my first - my great grandmother after her passing. I then would 'investigate' spooky houses and would see old inhabitants - what I call true ghosts. My most startling and impacting experience was when I was 18 and the man who helped raise me committed suicide. I was sitting in his house with my best friend and in through the back door his spirit came to me - he walked right through the wall and door and gave me a message. I believe there are many types of ghosts and they certainly are out there. I can't wait to her more stories. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Peace, light & love

Phil

truckingon
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Love reading these stories. :thumbup:

Divinita
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

i still have yet to see a full body apparition, but did see a shadow personw ith my own eyes,and it was human sized, pitch dark, and ran super fast into the trees while i was on an investigation.

Elilara
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Why on earth would I share this online?
Zodiac:

Once when I was about 12, I saw a blue ghostly woman standing at the end of my hall. She was wearing a long flowy dress and had very long hair, and both looked like they were blowing in the wind... It didn't really scare me, but it was really jarring. I found out years later that a few other people in that area have seen her from time to time!

I love these stories :D

p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

Yes, and it's exactly why I do not enjoy spending time or staying in hospitals. I know it sounds cliche, but paired with empathy, being able to see ghosts and spirits, and feeling the energy of a place is too much.

When I was in high school, I went to the chapel we had on campus, and there was an elderly nun sitting in the back. She looked for lack of a better word dead, she was looking straight forward, I thought for sure she was a nun who had died while praying so I went next door, stood in the doorway and told the teacher in the classroom someone needs help in the chapel. Had someone left I would have seen as there was only one door to go in and out of.
The teacher came with me, when we entered there was no one in the chapel. To this day I believe I saw the ghost of one of the nuns who did die in prayer in that very chapel.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called

Return to “General Questions”