Frightening experience with a stone, help!

fizzlebang
new here
new here
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
If I could be anything, I would be...: no idea.
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

VicyCat wrote:I usually have a hard time seeing anything that's not obvious but I so see a female sitting with her back facing out and her head kind of turned to the side.
Cool, thanks! (:

Ice for eyes, metal for a heart.
Elders37
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Zodiac:

Light Night wrote:Hi, this experience is very normal in Middle East and it is called "Yathoom" which means when a djinn get hold over you body which usually happen when you just woke up from your sleep. Your vision are blurry and your not sure what going on with your body. It is not a harmful experience but usually happens when you have djinn around especially the opposite sex. I can see in the second picture very clearly a woman face with full lips very sexy :lildevil: . So maybe she want to grab your attention and tell you "hey I am here" ::poke:: . I hope this helps :thumbup:
The original experience made me think of sleep paralysis. So I wiki'd it, and found some extremely interesting interpretations on what causes sleep paralysis.
I know wikipedia isn't the greatest source for information but this is what it had to say:

"East Asia

* In Chinese culture, sleep paralysis is widely known as "鬼壓身/鬼压身" (pinyin: guǐ yā shēn) or "鬼壓床/鬼压床" (pinyin: guǐ yā chuáng), which literally translate into "ghost pressing on body" or "ghost pressing on bed." A more modern term is "夢魘/梦魇" (pinyin: mèng yǎn).
* In Japanese culture, sleep paralysis is referred to as kanashibari (金縛り, literally "bound or fastened in metal," from kane "metal" and shibaru" to bind, to tie, to fasten"). This term is occasionally used by English speaking authors to refer to the phenomenon both in academic papers and in pop psych literature.[22]
* In Korean culture, sleep paralysis is called gawee nulim (Hangul: 가위눌림), literally meaning "being pressed down by something heavy". It is often associated with a superstitious belief that a ghost or spirit is laying on top of or pressing down on the sufferer.
* In Mongolian culture, nightmares in general as well as sleep paralysis is referred to by the verb-phrase khar darakh (written kara darahu), meaning "to be pressed by the Black" or "when the Dark presses". "Kara" means black and may refer to the dark side personified. "Kharin buu" means shaman of the Black (shamans of the dark side only survive in far-northern Mongolia), while "tsaghaan zugiin buu" means shaman of the white direction (referring to shamans who only invoke the benevolent spirits). Compare 'karabasan' (the dark presser) in Turkish, which may date from pre-Islamic times when the Turks had the same religion and mythology as the Mongols. See Mythology of the Turkic and Mongolian peoples and Tengriism.

[edit] South-East Asia

* In Cambodian, Laotian, and Thai culture, sleep paralysis is called phǐǐ am and khmout sukkhot. It is described as an event in which the person is sleeping and dreams that one or more ghostly figures are nearby or even holding him or her down. The sufferer usually thinks that he or she is awake but unable to move or make any noises. This is not to be confused with pee khao and khmout jool, ghost possession.
* In Hmong culture, sleep paralysis describes an experience called "dab tsuam" or "crushing demon." Often the sufferer claims to be able to see a tiny figure, no larger than a child, sitting on his or her chest. What is alarming is that a vast number of American Hmong have died in their sleep, prompting the Centers for Disease Control to create the term "Sudden Unexpected Nocturnal Death Syndrome" (see Sudden unexplained death syndrome) or "SUNDS" for short; this is now theorized to be a form of Brugada syndrome.
* In Vietnamese culture, sleep paralysis is referred to as "ma đè", meaning "held down by a ghost" or "bóng đè", meaning "held down by a shadow".
* In Philippine culture, "bangungut", or sudden unexplained death syndrome, has traditionally been attributed to nightmares.[23] People who have claimed to survive such nightmares have reported experiencing the symptoms of sleep paralysis.[citation needed]
* In New Guinea, people refer to this phenomenon as "Suk Ninmyo", believed to originate from sacred trees that use human essence to sustain its life. The trees are said to feed on human essence during night as to not disturb the human's daily life, but sometimes people wake unnaturally during the feeding, resulting in the paralysis.
* In Malay of Malay Peninsula, sleep paralysis is known as 'kena tindih' (or 'ketindihan' in Indonesia), which means "being pressed".[24] Incidents are commonly considered to be the work of a malign agency; occurring in what are explained as blind spots in the field of vision, they are reported as demonic figures.

[edit] South Asia

* In the Muslim culture of South Asia (Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Indian Muslims), sleep paralysis is considered to be an encounter with evil jinns and demons who have taken over one's body. In Pakistan (like Iran), this ghoul is known as 'bakhtak' (Urdu: بختک). It is also assumed that it is caused by the black magic performed by enemies and jealous persons. Spells, incantations and curses could also result in ghouls haunting a person. Some homes and places are also haunted by evil ghosts, satanic or other supernatural beings and they could haunt people living there. Sufis, Mullahs, Faqirs or Imams perform exorcism on individuals who are possessed. Talismans and Amulets are worn by people to keep them safe especially the young children. The homes, houses, buildings and grounds are blessed and consecrated by Sufis, Mullahs or Imams by reciting Qur'an and Adhan (Urdu: أَذَان), the Islamic call to prayer, recited by the muezzin.
* In Tamil and Sri Lankan Culture, this particular phenomenon is referred to as 'Amuku Be" or 'Amuku Pei' meaning "the ghost that forces one down".
* In Nepal, especially Newari culture it is also known as 'Khyaak' a ghost-like figure believed to reside in the darkness under the staircases of a house.

[edit] Middle-East, Western and Central Asia

* In Arabic Culture, sleep paralysis is often referred to as 'Kaboos' (Arabic: كابوس‎), literally "presser" or 'Ja-thoom' (Arabic: جاثوم‎) literally "What sits heavily on something". Though the term 'Kaboos' is also used to refer to any form of bad dreams. In folklore across Arab countries, the 'Kaboos' is believed to be a shayṭān or a ‘ifrīt which sits, heavily, on people's chests.
* In Turkish culture, sleep paralysis is often referred to as "karabasan" ("The dark presser/assailer"). It is believed to be a creature that attacks people in their sleep, pressing on their chest and stealing their breath. However, folk legends do not provide a reason why the devil or ifrit does that.
* In Persian culture it is known as 'bakhtak' (Persian: بختک), which is a ghost-like black creature that sits on the dreamer's chest, making breathing hard for him/her.

[edit] Africa

* In African culture, isolated sleep paralysis is commonly referred to as "the witch riding your back".[18][25]
* Several studies have shown that African-Americans may be predisposed to isolated sleep paralysis also known as "the witch is riding you" or "the haint is riding you".[20] In addition, other studies have shown that African-Americans who have frequent episodes of isolated sleep paralysis, i.e., reporting having one or more sleep paralysis episodes per month coined as "sleep paralysis disorder," were predisposed to having panic attacks.[26] This finding has been replicated by other independent researchers[27][28].
* Ogun Oru is a traditional explanation for nocturnal disturbances among the Yoruba of Southwest Nigeria; ogun oru (nocturnal warfare) involves an acute night-time disturbance that is culturally attributed to demonic infiltration of the body and psyche during dreaming. Ogun oru is characterized by its occurrence, a female preponderance, the perception of an underlying feud between the sufferer's earthly spouse and a 'spiritual' spouse, and the event of bewitchment through eating while dreaming. The condition is believed to be treatable through Christian prayers or elaborate traditional rituals designed to exorcise the imbibed demonic elements.[29]
* In Zimbabwean Shona culture the word Madzikirira is used to refer something really pressing one down. This mostly refers to the spiritual world in which some spirit—especially an evil one—tries to use its victim for some evil purpose. The people believe that witches can only be people of close relations to be effective, and hence a witches often try to use one's spirit to bewitch one's relatives.
* In Ethiopian culture the word 'dukak' is used, which is believed to be an evil spirit that possesses people during their sleep. Some people believe this experience is linked to use of Khat ('Chat'). Khat users experience sleep paralysis when suddenly quitting chewing Khat after use for a long time.
* In Swahili speaking East Africa, it is known as 'jinamizi', which refers to a creature sitting on one's chest making it difficult for him/her to breath. It is attributed to result from a person sleeping on his back. Most people also recall being strangled by this 'creature'. People generally survive these 'attacks'

[edit] Europe

* In Hungarian folk culture sleep paralysis is called "lidércnyomás" ("lidérc pressing") and can be attributed to a number of supernatural entities like "lidérc" (wraith), "boszorkány" (witch), "tündér" (fairy) or "ördögszerető" (demon lover).[30] The word "boszorkány" itself stems from the Turkish root "bas-", meaning "to press".[31]
* In Iceland folk culture sleep paralysis is generally called having a "Mara". A goblin or a succubus (since it is generally female) believed to cause nightmares (the origin of the word 'Nightmare' itself is derived from her name). Other European cultures share variants of the same folklore, calling her under different names; Proto-Germanic: marōn; Old English: mære; German: Mahr; Dutch: nachtmerrie; Icelandic, Old Norse, Faroese, and Swedish: mara; Danish: mare; Norwegian: mare; Old Irish: morrigain; Slovene: môra; Bulgarian, Croatian, Serbian, Polish: mara; French: cauchemar; Romanian: moroi; Czech: můra. The origin of the belief itself is much older and goes back to the reconstructed Proto Indo-European root mora-, an incubus, from the root mer- "to rub away" or "to harm".
* In Malta, folk culture attributes a sleep paralysis incident to an attack by the "Haddiela" who is the wife of the "Hares", an entity in Maltese folk culture that haunts the individual in ways similar to a poltergeist. As believed in folk culture, to rid oneself of the Haddiela, one must place a piece of silverware or a knife under the pillow prior to sleep.
* In Greece and Cyprus, it is believed that sleep paralysis occurs when a ghost-like creature or Demon named Mora, Vrachnas or Varypnas (Greek: Μόρα, Βραχνάς, Βαρυπνάς) tries to steal the victim's speech or sits on the victim's chest causing asphyxiation.

[edit] Americas

* During the Salem witch trials several people reported nighttime attacks by various alleged witches including Bridget Bishop that may have been the result of sleep paralysis.[32]
* In Mexico, it is believed that this is caused by the spirit of a dead person. This ghost lies down upon the body of the sleeper, rendering him unable to move. People refer to this as "Subirse el Muerto" (Dead Person on you).[citation needed]
* In many parts of the Southern United States, the phenomenon is known as a "hag", and the event is said to often be a sign of an approaching tragedy or accident.
* In Newfoundland and Labrador, it is known as the 'Old Hag'.[33] In island folklore, the Hag can be summoned to attack a third party, like a curse. In his 1982 book, The Terror that Comes in the Night, David J. Hufford writes that in local culture the way to call the Hag is to recite the Lord's Prayer backwards. It is also common for believers to claim that those who are not wakened from this paralysis will die.
* In contemporary western culture it is believed that the phenomenon of reported Alien abduction is caused by sleep paralysis where the hallucination of aliens has been generated by 20th and 21st century science fiction.[34]

[edit] Notes"

fundude53
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: there all cool
If I could be anything, I would be...: dont know yet
My magical/paranormal name...: carlos the jackel

cool story thanx for sharing if it is a jinn yea they can be tricky dont ever disrespect a jinn ive herd so many horror stories of what happend to people that did.
on the other hand if a jinn likes you then you are truly blessed they will stop at nothing to help you if they like you

spirits lots
kebbrass
new here
new here
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 3
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: a man of course
My magical/paranormal name...: Mr.WTF?
Zodiac:

I got a stone vessel too, and it's color is grey, but I can clearly see a shadow of a woman facing the left side, I saw it accidentaly when I shine the vessel through the lamp light. In my country, like fundude53 said, once a djinn like you (not in amorous way) they will protect you and help you. You're truly blessed when you are protected by Djinn. But as it said earlier, never disrespected them, once they feel disrespected, they kinda showing their power.

You can talk to her and asked her if she wanted to be your companion and help you. If she doesn't want it, please give the stone to someone expert. Better to let go on something you shouldn't messed with hehe, sorry if I talked big, although I never experienced it before, but trust me, in my country something like that often happened. For example :

someone peeing on a tree, and an unbound djinn resides on that tree, the possibility you being possessed and acting crazy are 50%, and the other 50% is you're cursed unless you asked them forgiveness and offer them something. Never messed with unbound.

but once they bound to you and they accept you as their friend, they will do something great. But as always, take care of your Djinn carefully.

I am blessed with greatness but, I am just passing through this world.

5 spirits :

1 Courtwind Angel, really loving and caring <3
1 male Faery Dragon
1 Sylph
1 Princess (for me) Human spirit
1 Natural & beautiful spiritual guide with cold breeze aura :D (I sent her to protect and help my mom 1h )

Return to “Paranormal Energy”