IS IT BLACK MAGIC IF THERE IS AN ESCAPE CLAUSE?

Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Dark Abyss wrote:
actually witnessed someone being cursed by a gypsy woman. it wasn't because of hurt feelings though. the family just wanted to send a message to the surgeon that was performing her open heart surgery. they wanted him to know that if something happened to her then he would die, no ifs ands or buts about it. they placed a curse that would take effect in the event of her death, IF she should die. he became so scared that he decided to allow one of his partners to do her surgery instead. which in this case was a good thing since his partner was the better surgeon. lol.
Just shows that the source for all curses is fear. They were anticipating future hurt and thought a cursing would give them control of the situation. Obviously these people were scare to lose their loved one so they resorted to the only control they had over another human being. It's all mind games. Had they not threaten him maybe he would have been able to think straight. Another situation that could have gone very wrong.

I mean if you have the power to take a life through magick shouldn't you be able to give a life? The doctor can actually do both without magic, if the universe allows him. I guess that makes the doctor closer to a god than the curser. Which makes him more powerful. So if he were to have thought about it, he would had a better perspective.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

So, how do you lift a curse once it has been cast? Is it even possible to lift a BA curse?

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
EarthAngel55
new here
new here
If I could be anything, I would be...: myself
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Huffette
Good Question
I have the same concerns myself, hope we receive an answer soon!

Moonhare
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 2
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Huffette, I'd like to know the answer to that question too.

I thought all curses came with a loophole (for a practitioner to be able to lift it) rather than a get out clause in the original curse as my understanding of curses is that a person who throws one is doing it with the intent of hurting that person to the maximum effect and so doesn't want there to be a get out clause. Or a curse has been thrown to another person in order to rid that person of it

But my question is.....will there always be a loophole for a practitioner to find in order to lift the original curse? And how do you find that loophole if you were not the original caster?

Also, ... Does the curse die with the person who had it cast or does it carry on?

:candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle:
:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

So, how do you lift a curse once it has been cast? Is it even possible to lift a BA curse?
OH YEAH, YOU CAN LIFT A BA CURSE, EVEN IF THEY DIDN'T SLIP THAT LITTLE ESCAPE CLAUSE IN THERE. IT DEPENDS ON THE CURSE, BUT THERE IS ALWAYS A SOLUTION. NOTHING IS UNBREAKABLE WHEN IT COMES TO MAGICK. SOMETIMES YOU CAN SMASH INTO IT LIKE A BULLDOZER, & IT ALL FALL APARTS LIKE A PANE OF GLASS. AND, SOMETIMES, AS MUCH AS IT SUCKS, YOU HAVE TO TAKE IT DOWN BRICK BY BRICK.

IN ORDER TO LIFT THE CURSE YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF CURSE IT IS.

LIFE? LOVE? LUCK? HEALTH? YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DEALING WITH SO YOU CAN MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS FOR HANDLING THE CURSE.

I'VE LIFTED SOME REALLY DEEPLY-ROOTED CURSES, SOME WEIRD CURSES, SOME UNUSUALLY PERSISTENT CURSES, BUT IN ALL CASES, THEY WERE CAPABLE OF BEING LIFTED.

WHEN BLACK ARTS REMOVES YOUR WILL, THERE'S NOTHING TO SAY YOU CAN'T USE THE SAME TACTIC AGAINST THE CURSE, AND REMOVE THE WILL THAT WAS FORCED UPON YOU. SOMETIMES FIGHTING FIRE WITH FIRE IS THE ONLY WAY. BUT, IN THE CASE OF CURSE REMOVAL, YOU AREN'T REMOVING THE WILL OF THE PERSON, YOU'RE REMOVING THE WILL OF THE CURSE.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
Zodiac:

Removing the will of the curse... That sounds interesting. Could you elaborate a bit Ash or give examples please? I understand the concept, I just can't think right now of a way to put that in practical use so I think an example could help.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

ASH
venerated member
venerated member

OK, WE'RE BFFS & I DOUBLE CROSS YOU BY STEALING YOUR JUICE BOX. THAT MAKES YOU SO MAD YOU WANT TO SMITE ME WITH YOUR MIGHTY POWER.

OFF YOU GO TO GET YOURSELF A CURSE THAT WILL MAKE ME UNABLE TO EVER BUY, OR DRINK, JUICE AGAIN. IN ORDER TO DO THIS, YOU HAVE TO REMOVE MY FREE WILL OF CHOICE WHEN IT COMES TO JUICE. NOW, IT'S YOUR INTENTION TO REMOVE MY FREE WILL, IT'S THE CURSE'S INTENTION TO REMOVE MY FREE WILL. THEY EXIST SIMULTANEOUSLY, BUT THEY ARE ALSO EXCLUSIVE.

YOU CAST YOUR CURES, I CAN NO LONGER PICK UP A JUICE BOX, OR POUR A GLASS OF OJ BECAUSE EVERY TIME I TRY TO GET MYSELF SOME JUICE I AM OVERCOME WITH THE SHAKES & CAN'T DO ANYTHING.

I GET MAD BECAUSE I WANT MY JUICY JUICE. TO BREAK YOUR CURSE, I DON'T HAVE TO BREAK YOU, BECAUSE YOU CAN RUN AROUND MAD AS HELL ALL THE TIME, IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING TO THE CURSE. THE CURSE IS WHAT I HAVE TO BREAK. THE INTENTION & THE WILL OF THE CURSE IS WHAT HAS TO BE BROKEN. WHICH, BY YOUR EXACTING, HAS A WILL OF ITS OWN. SO, OFF I GO TO GET MYSELF A CURSE BREAKER. I OPT, RATHER THAN WHITTLING IT DOWN IN BITS, TO JUST GET MYSELF A BA CURSE BREAKER, WHICH MEANS I AM GOING TO FORCIBLY REMOVE THE FORCED WILL PLACED UPON ME. I DON'T HAVE TO FORCIBLY REMOVE YOUR WILL TO BE PISSED AT ME FOR STEALING YOUR JUICE BOX, I JUST HAVE TO FORCIBLY REMOVE THE WILL OF THE CURSE.

NOW, FIGHTING WITH FIRE ALWAYS HAS ITS DRAW BACKS. IT'S NOT ALL FUN & GAMES, IT'S GOING TO COST ME TOO, BUT I WANT MY JUICE, SO TO HELL WITH IT. TYPICALLY, IN USING BA AGAINST BA, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE SOME BACKLASH. OF COURSE, IN A SITUATION AS STUPID AS THIS EXAMPLE, THE BACKLASH WOULD SUCK, BUT WOULDN'T BE AS BAD AS IF IT INVOLVED MORE SERIOUS MATTERS.

TO BREAK A CURSE YOU HAVE TO BREAK THE TIES THAT BIND. OR, THINK OF IT THIS WAY. THE CURSE IS A TREE, THAT HAS TAKEN ROOT ON YOUR LAND. YOU CAN GO DA (WHICH IS WAY SAFER & RECOMMENDED) & SAW THE TREE DOWN, CUT IT OFF, & LET IT'S ROOTS DIE. OR, YOU CAN GO BA (WHICH IS RECKLESS & NOT RECOMMENDED) & BULLDOZE THE SUCKER DOWN & WHO CARES ABOUT THE DAMAGE AROUND THE TREE.

NOW, WHAT'S TO SAY YOU CAN'T CURSE ME AGAIN? NOTHING. IT WOULD BE A RINSE & REPEAT SITUATION FOR BOTH OF US.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

LOL

I meant a real life example you have encountered, but the juice example was really great!!! :lol:

So how is a BA curse breaker created? (Not intending to do anything like that, I just want to understand it better).

Is there any chance that- to break a particular curse- you would need to somehow cut off the energies of the person that created the curse from the curse itself? Like, if the person has cast the curse in a way that it will stay active for as long as the caster is alive, would that create some energetic exchange between the caster and the curse that would require additional measures to be taken in order to break the curse? (and I don't mean measures such as killing the caster to break the curse).

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

ASH
venerated member
venerated member

So how is a BA curse breaker created? (Not intending to do anything like that, I just want to understand it better).
WELL, THERE'S SOME THAT EXIST ALREADY. SOME HAVE EXISTED HUNDREDS OF YEARS, & ARE KNOWN TO WORK. SOME, YOU CAN TAKE LITTLE OF THIS, & A LITTLE OF THAT, AND WORK UP YOUR OWN SOLUTION. FOR BOTH BA & DA. IT'S LIKE BLENDING SPELLS, BUT ON A STRONGER LEVEL.
Is there any chance that- to break a particular curse- you would need to somehow cut off the energies of the person that created the curse from the curse itself? Like, if the person has cast the curse in a way that it will stay active for as long as the caster is alive, would that create some energetic exchange between the caster and the curse that would require additional measures to be taken in order to break the curse? (and I don't mean measures such as killing the caster to break the curse).
YEAH, IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO MORE COMPLICATED SITUATIONS & CURSES, THEN THERE ARE CONTINGENCY-BASED CURSES. THOSE ARE THE PAIN THE ASS KIND. THE "OH, BROTHER" KIND OF CURSES THAT TAKE A LITTLE LONGER, & ARE MORE ANNOYING, BUT ARE NONETHELESS, BREAKABLE.

IF YOU'VE REALLY PISSED SOMEONE OFF & THEY USE A CONTIGENCY-BASED CURSE WITH THEMSELVES AS COLLATERAL, THEN WHEN YOU BREAK THE CURSE, THEY'RE GOING TO KNOW ABOUT IT.

MOST OF THE TIME, SOMEONE GETS PISSED, THEY REACT OUT OF EMOTION, & THEY JUST WANT THE SATISFACTION OF DOING SOMETHING NASTY TO YOU, & THEN THEY MOVE ON WITH THEIR LIFE. BY THE TIME YOU FIGURE OUT YOU'VE BEEN CURSED, AND YOU BREAK IT, THEY'RE ALREADY LONG GONE, & ON TO OTHER THINGS IN THEIR LIVES. THESE PEOPLE ARE ASSHOLES.

AT LEAST WITH CONTINGENCY-BASED CURSES, AS NASTY AS THEY ARE, THE PERSON ACTUALLY HAD ENOUGH INTEGRITY TO PUT THEMSELVES UP AS COLLATERAL IN THE CURSE, THEREFORE THEY ARE PART OF THE DAMAGE WHEN THE CURSE IS BROKEN. YOU USUALLY SEE THESE KINDS OF CURSES WITH PEOPLE WHO WANT TO CURSE THE KILLER OF A FAMILY MEMBER, OR A CHILD MOLESTER, SOMEONE WHO'S A REAL MONSTER. MOST PEOPLE AREN'T WILLING TO PUT THEIR OWN ASS ON THE LINE WHEN IT COMES TO CURSES, BECAUSE THEY WANT YOU TO HURT, THEY DON'T WANT THEMSELVES TO HAVE ANY SORT OF POSSIBLE BACKFIRE.

IN BOTH CASES, THEY'RE CAPABLE OF BEING BROKEN, BUT THE MEASURES THAT WOULD HAVE TO BE TAKEN TO BREAK A CONTINGENCY-BASED CURSE WOULD BE MORE THAN JUST YOUR AVERAGE, BA CURSE.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Is there a well known example that is considered a BA curse breaker? (well known to the average magician I mean).

The breaking of curses is a really interesting topic in my opinion. I'd like to ask more questions but I just realized I'm derailing the original topic. I'd really like it though if you could post more on the topic of curse breaking in the future. There seem to be more elaborate discussions about casting curses than there are about the different ways a professional magician would can break them.

Return to “Ash”