Brand new to spirit-keeping. Tips?

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

Raexis wrote:Thanks for sharing the link, Dark Abyss!

I've been trying to improve lately.. I've come to the conclusion that I can't just start off with silence. My mind ends up going all over the place in no time. So..
I've made up a "level up!" system. :lol:

Levels:
1. Listen to 5 min meditation track without getting distracted.
2. 10 min.
3. 15 min.
4. 20 min.
5. Meditate in silence for 5 min without getting distracted.
6. 10 min.
7. 15 min.
8. 20 min.

I just thought of this a few days ago, so I'm still just at level 1. I have noticed that I've gotten better, though! At first, I could barely shut my mind up, but the last time I tried I only got distracted a few times. :D
that's great and that's pretty much how i started as well. i became so happy when i was able to do it for half an hour without losing focus.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Raexis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Dark Abyss wrote:that's great and that's pretty much how i started as well. i became so happy when i was able to do it for half an hour without losing focus.
I have a lot of practicing to do before I can reach that point, but I'm sure I'll be really happy when I finally get there. :D

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night." –Edgar Allan Poe
:pumpkin:
Elders37
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I wanted to come back and thank you all so much for all of your advice and tips about not only the spirit-keeping aspect of this, but the meditation as well.

It's been kind of difficult lately to not let my quiet time fill up with thoughts and worries. I am a worrier.

I have been taking all of your advice, trying to spend time meditating, and particularly trying to look for this spirit in dreams. So far, I haven't seen any signs in my dreams.

However, I was looking up candle divination signs on Lucky Mojo dot com because one of my candles has been very "vocal" (hissing and popping) and the site says that this may be because spirits are trying to come through to communicate. I've been keeping my eyes and ears open when this happens (and maybe I'm dense), but I'm not sure what it is, or if it is anything at all. Hopefully, it is the spirits trying to make contact, and hopefully they will be able to reach me soon.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”