Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: male high elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: female elf
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Hello All,

I am a new gargoyle keeper. I received her a few weeks ago. She is very powerful, C5, and evidently is unusually large, long body. I keep visualizing her as more of a giant saber tooth cat with wings that walks on all fours beside me. But I don't think that is how gargoyles look or walk. Don't they fly? Well, I don't normally "see" my spirits, I just sense/feel or sometimes hear them.

Anyway, I'm taking a Magic of the Night Class from my mentor. One of our assignments was to visit and attend a graveyard. This old graveyard had a few residential houses nearby. A sweet dog came happily loping up to greet us, but then started behaving oddly. As soon as she was close she dropped into a crouch submitting, and then inched forward, very unsure if she should come any closer. My first thought was that she could see my gargoyle and was afraid. I told my gargoyle not to frighten the dog, and got "What? Who me? I'm not doing anything." I couldn't get close to pet the sweet dog. It was rather odd, and I wondered if happy dog could really see my gargoyle. All of my animals at home are behaving normally, even my spazzy dog. I don't think they can "see" her, or they just figure mom has adopted another spirit. Hard to say. Can your animals see your spirits?

I've also heard strange clicking sounds at night, especially right after she arrived. Hubby works graveyard so I'm alone at night and I know every sound in my house. I know all sounds my indoor animals make and clicking sounds walking around the house and checking out the house rabbits isn't one of them.

All in all, I'm very pleased with her. I feel very safe and protected. I also have a huge sense of well being and happiness since she's arrived! Actually I can feel her now, at the left side of my head looking over my shoulder. It's as if she's resting her chin on my head, reading what I'm writing! Do gargoyles read? I also feel a little light headed when some spirits are with me.

Just thought I'd share. I love all of my spirits and am very pleased with my family!

SEER777
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 32
Your favorite spirit to work with: WA/DA
If I could be anything, I would be...: A beloved pet
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Seer
Zodiac:

Hi Bunnie ::wave::
My cat sees my spirits all the time. Honestly, I am a little jealous. He usually stares just over my shoulder and I will try to look into the reflection of his eyes to see if I can see anything in them. He does this several times a day, everyday. Earlier this morning, he did it again. I thought it could be my baby dragon N-----. I said telepathically, "N-----, is that you?" Then I watch as my cat watches something dart across the ceiling. I looked very carefully to make sure he wasn't watching a bug. Again, no bug. Is it normal to be jealous of a cat? :lol:

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." -Seneca

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body." ~Seneca
VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover
Zodiac:

YEP MINE CAN

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

I know mine can. My big orange male is less concerned with it than my smaller calico female. He'll watch what's going on sometimes and then just close his eyes, start purring and go to sleep. I have a feeling one or both of my vampires (and my djinn) are fussing over him.

My female, though, isn't as happy with it. She doesn't stay inside that much, and a few times I've had her walk into the house and start her high pitched growling that she does. When that happens I send out an APB to my spirits to leave her alone for a bit, and the growling will stop. They know they can play with them if they want, and give them affection, but they're not allowed to harass or harm them in any way.

As for my horses, who knows. They never act any differently (well, my younger idiot will try to eat my vessels if I leave them out from under my shirt) than usual, though I have noticed some of the horses stretching their noses out like they're saying hello to another horse. I figure my unicorns have stopped by when that happens.

Going to be interesting to see what happens when my WW and my Hellhound come home . . . :werewolf:

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

datura720
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sang Vamps.
If I could be anything, I would be...: For right now, vamps
My magical/paranormal name...: datura
Zodiac:

I know that before my Duojna even physically made it into my home when I bought it, my chihuahua and persian kitty were both sitting at the door one morning, "waiting" for someone's arrival. Later that day, my duojna's vessel was delivered.
My cat will sometimes wake out of a dead sleep, startled as if someone yelled his name! It's so funny but mean at the same time, I'm like "who did that?!!" and I start naming off the list of spirits I have. Pretty sure it's my vamp-he's a prankster.
So yeah, they for sure see them.
BTW-I so envy you for being able to have that type of contact with your gargoyle!

Datura

I break s*** the hard way
sage of aquarius
active contributor
active contributor

Definitely! There are many hi-jinks that go on between my cats and spirits.

Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.
GreyBull85
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 24
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Sterling Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Absolutely! My cat is ALWAYS watching my spirits around the house! I think she was even playing with one yesterday morning!

-GB85

“The greatest illusion is that man has limitations.”
Robert A. Monroe
bunniesluvme
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: male high elf
If I could be anything, I would be...: female elf

Thanks for all the quick replies! Ah, I wondered why my old alpha male kittay is all of a sudden so playful, even when no one is around, not the silly puppy dog, his usual cohort in crime! Come to think of it, Princely, my alpha kittay, has been running wild up an down the hallway at night for several nights. I can tell it's him by the sound his little paws make. I wonder which spirit/s are playing with him? My vamp, gargoyle, elves, etc.? I totally am jealous of my kittays. They obviously can see my spirits and I can't. :( I'm left with sudden visions, that often resemble something out of movie or museum. A My girl gargoyle must be protecting them all, but I feel all of my spirits do as I've asked them to.

Still, a wonderful adventure, spirit keeping!

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Of course. Plenty of animals are more sensitive to the subtle unseen forces around us. Sometimes they can acknowledge it but usually they brush it off as something else that's "Normal" in there world since they've grown accustomed to it.

Which reminded me of this thread I was walking downstairs to the kitchen when my uncles dog followed me. She was begging for the food snacks in my hand when she suddenly jerked her head towards the living rooms direction and started growling at something. It was dark and no one was in there since it was late. She kept growling constantly and started to even sit down and stare. I figured she sensed something but told her to cut it out.

She was freaking me out lol.

freya
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: no faves
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy or elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: freya
Zodiac:

My Portia is always 'talking' to someone. She'll look up, meow and sometimes start purring.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak. ~Author Unknown

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. ~Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Gargoyle”