GAKI and BASILISK :: Halloween Binding :: Some Advice pls

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

Hello all,
So I just got my first of two Halloween "Power of Three" bindings in the mail. I received a notice late last week that it was ready and was in the process of being mailed out. I didn't specify which spirits or spells I wanted. I gave Magnolia and Ash the issues I was working with and asked them to bind whatever came through. I got three spirits - a Gaki, a Basilisk and an Arkan Sonney. I have a few questions if anyone would care to oblige...

Gaki - Does anyone out there have a Gaki? I understand that they are called the "greedy ghost". So why aren't they just listed as "human spirits?" What exactly is the difference between a Gaki and a human spirit?? I received a female Gaki from 15th century France. I'm pretty psyched by this but am concerned...I've read that they can be a bit to deal with sometimes. "Relentless" is a word that comes to mind, I guess. For anyone out there as a keeper of a Gaki, have you felt any noticeable changes/differences with being a keeper of one?

Basilisk - I can read on the forum that many more people are keepers of this DA creature. What can you tell me about them? How "dark" are they? Also, I don't see anything in the encyclopedia in regards to dampening their energy, if need be. Does anyone know of how to do this?

I guess I'm a little surprised that one came through for me as I'm afraid of snakes and would never ever have gotten one on my own. But I am open to seeing what he has to show and teach me.

The third spirit I'll talk about in the WA/creature forum as it is an Arkan Sonney. I'm assuming they don't mind being bound with DA spirits as all three came through for me in this binding.

In all honesty, I'm a bit taken aback by all three of these as I was never attracted to keeping these spirits. But again, like I said before...I am very open to learning and working with them. They chose me...and I can be a bit "thick" sometimes so I am more than willing to take a journey here and see what happens.

Any advice, suggestions and experiences would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!! :witch:

Reverie
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I just posted awhile ago asking info on one of the spirits I got as well! I got three I would of never of thought of but came through for me. It is interesting.

If you don't believe in magic, then you can't believe in reality.
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

Hi Ellegria ::wave::

I have a Basilisk, he is definitely on the darker side of the spectrum. He has a very fierce and no nonsense attitude about him, and our bond is very strong. I see my Basilisk more dragon like than snake, but he definitely has a longer body. He is a great protector and is they type of spirit to take care of it now, tell me about it later when it comes to protecting me. I sense him always behind me and always watchful, when I approach or am about to be approached by someone who is negative or of harmful energy, he lets me know by breathing on the back of my neck and I get a feeling in my stomach I can't quite explain, but it definitely let's me know this isn't a person I should really associate with.
He is a great protector when I practice magic, and is always keeping watch outside of my circle. I know black dragons are generally solitary beings, but somehow my basilisk can get my black dragon to work with him, as I see them together on occasion. As far as subduing him, I have never had to really, he has always respected the rules that I have put forth.
And as far as your Arkan Sonney on the vessel, if that's the way he came, it should be fine. I've had a few WA and DAs come on the same vessel as surprise me spirits.

Good luck with your new friends :)

PS I'm a little jealous you've gotten your packages already!!! LOL I did the same thing, asked them to surprise me, I'm so excited to see what came through!

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Reverie wrote:I just posted awhile ago asking info on one of the spirits I got as well! I got three I would of never of thought of but came through for me. It is interesting.
I wish I could be of help. Dark Forest Fairy (right?) High Elf, and Leshy. I can only say that I am VERY attracted to High Elves all of a sudden. I get the sense the can be amazing companions and a real asset when it comes to intellect, wisdom and knowledge (mind) as well as physical agility (physical) in addition to creativity and developing expertise in craftsmanship of some sort. Not to mention that whenever I think of one....I think of the blonde fellow played by Orlando Bloom in the Lord of the Rings. :sly: (Can't think of his name right now.)

I see you've been having physical issues with the DA spirit - the Dark Forest Fairy.

I meant to mention in my post...the reason I spoke about receiving notice late last week about their binding ... I have been really sick since Thursday night. It came on very suddenly and appears to be a sinus infection that has now moved into my throat. I have been taking care of myself and am getting better. But MAN have I been out of it the last few days. I mention this because its actually unusual for me to get sick. I get allergies all the time. But colds, flu, sinus and respiratory infections like this are highly unusual. So maybe their coming (two DA spirits at once) has something to do with it.

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

p’yunik~*~chovexani wrote:Hi Ellegria ::wave::

I have a Basilisk, he is definitely on the darker side of the spectrum. He has a very fierce and no nonsense attitude about him, and our bond is very strong. I see my Basilisk more dragon like than snake, but he definitely has a longer body. He is a great protector and is they type of spirit to take care of it now, tell me about it later when it comes to protecting me. I sense him always behind me and always watchful, when I approach or am about to be approached by someone who is negative or of harmful energy, he lets me know by breathing on the back of my neck and I get a feeling in my stomach I can't quite explain, but it definitely let's me know this isn't a person I should really associate with.
He is a great protector when I practice magic, and is always keeping watch outside of my circle. I know black dragons are generally solitary beings, but somehow my basilisk can get my black dragon to work with him, as I see them together on occasion. As far as subduing him, I have never had to really, he has always respected the rules that I have put forth.
And as far as your Arkan Sonney on the vessel, if that's the way he came, it should be fine. I've had a few WA and DAs come on the same vessel as surprise me spirits.

PS I'm a little jealous you've gotten your packages already!!! LOL I did the same thing, asked them to surprise me, I'm so excited to see what came through!
Thank you Phoenix for the information. I'll need to lay down some rules...but it appears they are protectors for anyone in the household. Which is nice. I have a hubby and two dogs at home.

Question: Does your Basilisk show restraint? Or is his inclinations more towards "beat the pulp out of them....ask questions later."

ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

COULD BE, SOMETIMES HAVING A PLETHORA OF ANY NEW ENERGY CAN CAUSE SOMEONE TO FEEL RUN-DOWN; ESPECIALLY DA.

GAKIS AREN'T LISTED AS HUMAN BECAUSE THEY DON'T BEHAVE LIKE NORMAL HUMAN SPIRITS, THEY ARE MORE OF A MORPHED ENTITY

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

Ellegria* wrote:
p’yunik~*~chovexani wrote:Hi Ellegria ::wave::

Thank you Phoenix for the information. I'll need to lay down some rules...but it appears they are protectors for anyone in the household. Which is nice. I have a hubby and two dogs at home.

Question: Does your Basilisk show restraint? Or is his inclinations more towards "beat the pulp out of them....ask questions later."
Well my rules are to not harm any human unless it is to protect me or a family member, but as far as negative/dark/evil entities or energies that are around and that are uninvited, he is definitely more of the take them down now, ask questions later type, which I appreciate when it comes to that. In the first month I had him around, he actually scared a guy I was dating though, they guy and I were sitting across from each other at a table and he jumped like he had seen a ghost behind me. I asked him what and he said he had just seen the scariest looking face in the window, but it was probably his eyes playing tricks on him. I was a little dense back then in spiritual signs and it turned out that that guy was a d bag with a capital D! My basilisk was looking out for me and was trying to scare the guy off. Now I am more intune to his warnings and take his counsel very seriously when it comes to such things. But yes, he protects everyone, my boyfriend now actually wants a tattoo of a basilisk, I found that out when we were first dating. That was a nice sign from my basilisk that this guy was ok in his book ;)

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Zodiac:

his name was legolas.
:)

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

p’yunik~*~chovexani wrote: I sense him always behind me and always watchful, when I approach or am about to be approached by someone who is negative or of harmful energy, he lets me know by breathing on the back of my neck and I get a feeling in my stomach I can't quite explain, but it definitely let's me know this isn't a person I should really associate with.
I've been having electricity type sensations run up and down my legs tonight...first my right one and then my left. Both times I was holding the vessel. I think maybe he's making contact. :thumbup:

sadlotus79 wrote:his name was legolas.
Sorry...excuse me while I :drool:

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

ash-mda wrote:COULD BE, SOMETIMES HAVING A PLETHORA OF ANY NEW ENERGY CAN CAUSE SOMEONE TO FEEL RUN-DOWN; ESPECIALLY DA.

GAKIS AREN'T LISTED AS HUMAN BECAUSE THEY DON'T BEHAVE LIKE NORMAL HUMAN SPIRITS, THEY ARE MORE OF A MORPHED ENTITY
Got it about the Gakis. I'm sensing the energy of Jacob Marley - partner of Scrooge in "A Christmas Carroll." Seems like in some ways, he could have been a Gaki. I remember how deformed he was when he took the cloth off of his head.

One more thing....I'm curious....I don't know how to deal with the feelings I am having for my Gaki. I feel "sorry" for her...like I'd like to help her in some way. But I am torn. Of course she has free will. But would someone have chosen to become a Gaki had they known the choices they were making when alive.

Now I realize that this isn't her Soul....it is her spirit. But I am just trying to get my head wrapped around the idea of a Gaki.

Also....I thought the "term" or the "idea" of a Gaki was Japanese, yet my Gaki, and the one in the store were French. (What is it about the French and being greedy.... :crazy: )

An unusual spirit. Just trying to get my head wrapped around keeping one. And since I am still "deaf dumb and blind" right now...I have to rely too much on my conscious mind and my intellect.

Return to “Dark Arts”