Pendulum Any One?

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
Princess:LadyRedStar
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: None-fine as I am
My magical/paranormal name...: Lady Red Star
Zodiac:

Since the TRIUMVIRATE from Magnolia, Ash and friend and my Clearing from Tammy, I have begun to notice differances. Some small and others not to small. They are all wonderful.

As I mentioned in another thread, I felt, heard and saw my new (C3 free spirit stone) silver dragon kiss me on the cheek on
the first night she was here just before going to sleep. It was absolutely unexpected and marvolus.

My Spirit Pendulum is still on layaway. But I got to thinking, I got a Fairy Pendulum from Gwendolyn (wintermournings) several months ago that I had never tried to us it as a pendulum. I suppose I was afraid I wouldn't do it right or I would fail...who knows. Anyway......I got her out and decided to try it. Oh HAPPY DAY......it works..........I spent part of the day Monday just asking yes and no questions as I could think of them. I would even ask the same question again later in a differant way.
Oh I am so excited and thrilled. I have managed to find out a little but I have a problem. I want to ask "when, where, why, how what" type of questions and am restricted to yes and no type. How do you find out things you need to or want to know with yes and no questions?

I know there are several on here that use pendulums often. Can you give me any advice on asking questions please?
Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

dear princess, you can use a pendulum board which will allow the pendulum to spell out words as this is a very useful divination tool to use along with a pendulum. many sellers on ebay will sell the board with a matching pendulum. i use my own spirit channeling board (no, it's not a ouija board) with my pendulums if i want more than yes/no answers. hope this helps hon! namaste, arsine
witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
OuJoe
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

I've been thinking on getting one... I've used other things like some pendants on a chain, but I really want a pendulum specially to communicate with my spirits. Princess, I'm glad you're finally making contact with them, it sure took you a lot of time but it's finally happening.

And I'm certainly not an expert on this subject, but I remember reading that it's somewhat rude to ask the same questions over and over again just to see if it comes a different answer... just because it translate in that you're not trusting the answer they're giving to you :? I don't think is actually bad in the beginning since I've done it many times, cause being new to this you kind of want to make sure you're not doing it yourself, but I believe one you start making a connection the best way is to trust the answer they give you.

:D
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks OuJoe, I will remember that. I did mostly want to make sure it was them and not me or my immagination.

Arsine, I have a laminated construction paper just larger than a sheet of paper that has letters on one side to use for this purpose. I had forgotten about it. Must dig it out.

Question....Being right handed, must I use right hand to hold the pendulum or can I use left hand so can wright with right hand?
Brightest Blessings

Remember the ancient ways...they hold the key to the power within[/color][/list]
david2885
active contributor
active contributor

If you want, you can try making your own charts. You may want to make a Yes/No kind of board (Click Me), or you may want a board with letters of the alphabet and numbers from 0-100 (Click Me) for questions where you want a more specific answer.

A large part of dowsing is trying to phrase the question correctly. If you leave room in the question for interpretation, the pendulum may give you the answer to one interpretation of the question when you're thinking of something else entirely.

The following is taken from Letter to Robin: A Mini-Course in Pendulum Dowsing (Click Me)
The Question

Robin, you are quite right to be concerned about the wording of the- question. Let me give you some examples and suggestions. In The American, Society of Dowsers (ASD) Quarterly there was an example of an experienced dowser/instructor who asked his L Rod to point to north. Instead of pointing north, it pointed to the audience. This was strange because it had always worked before. He tried again with the same results. While he was discussing some possible cause with the audience, a hand went up and a man said, "My name is North". The dowsing was I 00% correct to the question asked. I suspect the dowser then changed the question, asking for the rod to point to earth's magnetic north, and then got a correct answer. This demonstrated a very important point about being precise in your question. Another example might be: Does my car need gas? The answer would be "YES", even if the gas tank is full. The answer is yes on two accounts. You have a gasoline car which can only run on what we call gas and it uses air which is also a gas. So of course it needs gas. The Dowsing System seems to take every word in a question by its literal meaning. If your question has a word or words that have assumed or conflicting meanings, and you and your Dowsing System have not agreed on their meaning, your answer may be random.

Rule #I: You need to be very specific about what you want to know. This includes what, where, when and sometimes instructional information relating to the question.

Rule #2: Use only words, phrases and conditions that you and the Dowsing System both agree upon their meaning, and for which there is an agreed-on method of dowsing response.

Rule #3: Make the question a definite request for information that exists somewhere. Normally, don't ask for an opinion. If your question does involve an opinion of the past, present or the future, it must be compared to an agreed-upon reference or conditions. (The program on page 18 is an example of informational instructions, an agreed-upon reference, and other related conditions)

Let me give you an example. I'll ask you a question: Are you strong? Your answer would be based on what you think I meant by the word "strong", strong physically, mentally, emotionally, perfume, etc. Now let's apply rules 1, 2, and 3 (what, when and a reference to something). Are you strong enough, right now, to pick up this one-gallon carton of milk? Now, could you give me a correct answer to that question? One more example and then I'll give you some reassuring comments and some helpful ideas. If I ask, "How many feet from point (A) to point (B) on the floor by the front row of the audience?" The answer might be twelve because there are six persons sitting in that space, each with two feet.

8 Letter to Robin - Formulating The Dowsing Question

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Developing a Question

At this point, you might say, how can I know if I have a good question? Please let me share some ideas for you to consider.

(1) Formulating the Question: (Q.) When you wish to explore a new area where you have not successfully established questions, try the following. Ask several different Q's looking for agreement or conflicting answers. Conflicts clue you that undiscovered information is influencing your answer. Examples of some misleading Q's: (Look at their literal meaning) Q. Is there water in the [designate the area]? The answer is YES. (There is water every where, in the designated area etc.) Q. Is there a water source, less than 300 feet deep, that could supply 5 GPM (gallons-per-minute)? The answer is Yes. (especially in ahard rain storm). The next Q. may give you a clue that something is wrong. Q. Could this water source, allow a well to supply 5 GPM of potable water to the surface, year around? If the answer is NO, you then know something was wrong with the first Q's. By asking multiple Q's, you can often find problems, and learn what you will need to develop good comprehensive Q's.

(2) Pre-programing: With your programing you have covered a great many of the possible misunderstandings that may occur between you and your dowsing system. This is one of the important reasons you established programs or agreements with your Dowsing System. A good example is in the program, on the bottom of paue 5, which defines the meaning of the "May 1, Can 1, Should I."

(3) Very Important Questions: Another way that seems to work well, is when you have a very important question get together with another experienced dowser. If you each ask the question in your own way and have the same answer, this is reassuring. But if you get different answers you should both examine your questions, and then proceed from there. Most experienced dowsers agree that the question is a key factor in accurate dowsing.

The Question Test

Robin, the answer to your concern about using proper questions is simple and straight forward. Always use questions that have worked well before, and test the new ones. Test them, as suggested in "Formulating the Question" above, by asking the question several different ways to see if you repeatedly get an appropriate answer each time. This makes you carefully think about what the words actually mean and if you have left out anything in the question or program. We use many assumptions or idiomatic non-literal expressions in our communicating like: "he will get a kick out of this, hang your head, he has a chip on his shoulder, time will tell, hand out, etc. If, when you are dowsing, you find an incorrect response, careful examination of the question is more than warranted. I often ask a question two different ways.

For Best Results

Robin, do not try too hard, do not be too serious. Let it flow naturally. Relax and use your intuition. Let the information flow through you. You should always dowse with a loving heart and for the best good for yourself and others.

And Finally

Take only what you wish from what I have offered and gently try to get hints from every dowser you meet or work with. There is a world of information out there and you will find it a wonderful, exciting, rewarding adventure
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

hey david - glad to see you're back with the normal information you give to us!!! yay!!!!!!! namaste, arsine :)
witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

David, thank you so very much for these. I have added them to my favorites and have scanned them but will check them out in detail later. You are always so helpful. Thank you again.
Brightest Blessings

simbi
new here
new here

hi princess

the Spirit Pendulum on layway - is that from CH? I tried looking for it but can not find any Pendulums in the CH store.

Glad you having good progress - i need to get one too! :)
Cryptic_twilight313
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

Simbi- I think the spirit pendulums are all out. :/

David- Thanks for posting that! :D
...black engulfs the dying light as he falls on frail wings of vanity and wax..
simbi
new here
new here

thanks Cryptic_twilight313

owwww..... maybe ill email magnolia otherwise ill check on ebay...thanks

Return to “Connecting”