EVOLUTION, WE'RE NOT REALLY EVOLVING, ARE WE?

Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Well, I disagree a bit...I do not believe that evolution is overcoming Chaos...What I look at is Chaos as part of the equation...the more we accept and use Chaos...and frankly on a less difficult level of understanding...evolution is the pursuit of happiness and I don't want to get into a discussion about "well, what is torturing hamsters made me happy? Sorry...BRAMP !! Thank you for playing, I am no longer a Sophomore....and survival.........

C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

If I went to school for computers, I could put one together, if I went to school for rockets, I could put one together. I can do art. I can write poems. I can program. I can lead. I can follow. I dont consider myself genius. I'm just human with a can do attitude. I can do a lot of things normal people can't do, even psychically heal someone. Which I never thought I could do. I know I'm not that special. But I do have a lot of quiet time in my brain and stay away from people who tell me I can't. Yes. I learned some things off others. While others I learned on my own. That information is already accessible in our brains. Just believe.
That's the point though. What if there was no school, no one to teach you, could you figure out how to build a computer if no one showed you how to do it? If you were just set in the middle of Silicone Valley would you have figured out how to use it? Would your brain naturally think how to build a circuit board?

You can go to school for anything, but you'd have to be taught by someone who already figured it out. Could you figure it out without any school at all?

That's the point. Think about it. What would you know, what would you naturally figure out on your own if no one was around to tell you? Someone, somewhere in the beginning of time figured out sleeping under a blanket trapped body heat & kept you warm. They didn't go to school to learn how to sew. Their brain evolved when they figured out how to make a hide a blanket.

Don't think about it in the terms if someone taught you, or you read a book. You have to go all the way back to square one and think about what you would know if you were dropped in the middle of a deserted island with absolutely nothing learned, your brain was a complete blank slate, what would you know how to do and how far could you get? No schools, no books, no one to teach you. How far would you evolve?

It's not a question of whether or not people want to believe in themselves, anyone can if they WANTED to. It's a question of the brains, whether they are rich or poor, young or old, a natural genius or idiot savant, and EVERYTHING in between! It's the minds who think, invent, improve, question, build, etc. They are the ones evolving. Not the ones on the sidelines moving along with those evolving.

You can dissect this down to as simple as you touch a hot pan, you burn your hand, you decide not to touch the hot pan again... that's evolution. So is developing an HD satellite. And, again, everything in between.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nebs Angel Watchers
If I could be anything, I would be...: Goddess
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

There were many times I did something or experimented with something I had no previous education in and was still able to do it. Unfortunately we have the foundation so asking me to imagine there wasn't a foundation would be hard.

Of course with the foundation it would be able to grow exponentially faster. Without the foundation our knowledge starts at zero. But really human consciousness is at least 2000 years old of recorded information. So when you are born you are really 2000+ years ahead because you have 2000+ years of information to work from. Which means to me you are 2000+ years evolved, but more so as a race rather than an individual.

To me, individual evolution is being able to treat eachother in an enlightened manner. But group evolution is being able increase the quality and quantity of life for our species.

I think you can't evolve unless you know what to evolve from. There has to be a mistake to learn from...that too is the essence of evolution. Again...where was nature imperfect and how can I as a being on earth improve on that imperfection? Staying the same, accepting things as is the opposite of evolution. So far in general...I see we are evolving.

"Man is what he sees in other people."
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's just a thought-provoking train of thought. Every human evolves every day, you evolve every time you read something, hear something, learn something, it all adds to the growth of you as an individual person. However, some people evolve leaps & bounds where some evolve just as billions of humans before them. Our neighbor as the example Ash mentioned; he will tell you flat out he has no intention of going anywhere, learning anything, or doing anything outside of eating, going to work, coming home, watching TV, going to sleep and doing it all again the next day, every day for the last 50 years and every day for the rest of his life. It's how he loves life, and that's great, but if all humans were like that where would we be? Some humans are just thinkers, doers, have to learn how to make it better, have to know how it works, have to figure out how to improve, and keep moving forward... whereas some move so far & are content to be at that stage for the rest of their life. It's a really interesting mix on Earth.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

That brings me to thinking...TV gets a bad rap. Most of my knowledge and ability to excel when I was younger was because of TV. I was the fastest highest scoring math student in my class because I watched Sesame Street and a show called Square One when I was younger.

Our ability to observe another person's drama and learn from their mistakes is actually us evolving. Back in the day cutting eachothers heads off was the norm...but to see it reinacted on TV makes us squeem. Therefore it further ingrains in our psyche that kind of treatment is unacceptable.

Because of TV many of us are able to reflect on our own lives and how we behaved like those characters. Story telling was always one of the best ways to get others to change their behavior. I understand watching too much TV makes us limp...but not all TV is bad. I would say it is the reason we are progressing. Without it...we would be hacking at eachother.

The neighbor may say he doesn't want to learn...but he is in his own way. He understands that happiness is the pinnacle of his life. Some people overwork for money love and acceptance, but constantly unhappy. Is that really "the way?" Ideal is of course living our lives in a way that does increase the quality and quantity of life for ourselves and others. Sometimes our best contribution is to avoid bringing misery to others. All the good we do sometimes gets forgotten when we lose it and cause misery for others, right?

Just because we appear to be a sleeping giant...doesn't mean one day we won't wake up and contribute when the universe calls on us. Just my two cents.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sure that's true for some, but you don't know my neighbor LOL.

All kidding aside, the point is the leaps & bounds of evolution, be it technology, art, industry, culinary, paranormal, literature, etc is all driven by the innovators & inventors, the movers & shakers, no matter where they are in the world & where their place is in the world.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

LOL. Yes it is driven by leaders who lead others like themselves. The difference between a leader and a genuius is that the leaders know where to find the geniuses to capatalize on. For instance Bill Gates, Steve Jobs, Michael Dell, were not the inventor of computers but they basically got the credit for being innovative. The guy(s) who actually invented it live in obscurity.

Picaso didn't invent painting, but he took the foundation to new levels. All great acheivers took the foundation to new levels but those who invented the foundation remain unknown. What does that say? It may appear the leaders made leaps and bounds and they are the reason for our evolution, but really it was the non leader who accidentally stumbled on the pattern who shy from the limelight. Usually it wasn't just one guy, rather it was the collective sharing ideas. Those people are like you and I, the only difference is that they have more quiet time to think/meditate to access information from the spirit/mental realms to give us the luxuries we have today.

I don't think one cave man invented the wheel. Surely, many of them could have come up with that idea. But putting it together is a group effort to make it useful.

Avenue
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: -
If I could be anything, I would be...: -
My magical/paranormal name...: -

I didn't read any replies but only just the main post. I've to agree with Ash's theory. Imagine if Einstein were to be still alive. It would be wow. Who knows what that man could end up creating. His persistence is well noticed as well. Failing over and over. We need more people like this.

The real trouble with reality is that there’s no background music.
バハムート

Practitioner of Psionics

Left Hand Path
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

ash - brilliant thoughts! for me personally i see the human race as devolving and becoming worse than they ever were simply due to the apparent lack of caring and empathy most have towards neighbors and strangers. look back to the early years where we as a hunter/gatherer society depended upon each other and did look out for those who were unable to do so. as late as the 1950's/60's neighbors still checked in on those around them who may be elder or affirmed because it is how they were raised and they considered it the "right thing to do". i believe mankind for the most part has lost the compassion to care for others that are not "their own". in this way, mankind has devolved to a lesser state.

as for intelligence, some have evolved well past others and some have tried to take the easy way by even faking their intelligence or what they are capable of doing. there used to be an addage by the late great w.c. fields "if you can't dazzle them with your brilliance then baffle them with bullshit". many seem totally capable of baffling many today with bullshit unfortunately having decided to take shortcuts where they could be found in a pathway/journey and simply make up stuff as they go along. at some point this is going to fail miserably and the human will be stuck with massive "egg on their face" as they used to say also. if one was left without schools of any sort, without training of any sort i am quite certain we would be reverting back to sticks and stones and mallets and such and nobody would be coming up with computers or "mother boards". technology has given us the way to do but if any have seen some of the movies that show post apocalyptic earth....there is no electricity worldwide as we have now, and humans have reverted to primitive behavior with a singular mindset of "i survive first". the ancient humanoids at least were a hunter/gatherer society where they realized the strength of the group was in the numbers. i can not say for sure if today's man or woman could do without - i can say that most would not want to do without what they have materialistically accumulated with gadgets, toys, luxury items and even toilet paper.

we have evolved to the point that i believe mankind was capable of without becoming selfless in thinking of others before themselves where true evolution could have taken mankind. behavior analysis experts see the rise in evolution in serial killers (for example) as they grow from hesitant to perfecting their work to a point where something snaps and they begin to "devolve" where that work becomes sloppy and impatient. humans have become "impatient" with themselves mostly in that most seem to look for that shortcut in various areas - learning, work itself, getting to that financial pinnacle they believe they are "entitled" to even. by not taking the time to accurately do everything right, they begin taking chances and get sloppy thusly devolving.

hope some of this makes sense as i wanted it to. imagine some will understand and others will not be able to. everyone - :hug: :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Samsara
sanctified
sanctified

There is a great saying "we are what we see in other people". Or rather I believe many of us chose to see one side of the coin. However, both sides do have it's truths. But what we see is what we end up being.

Perhaps its past life blessings that allow me to experience mankind as kind, empathic, and brilliant. Sure we all have issues and moments. But I chose not to dwell, because which side of the coin we look at is what we keep on getting. Studying mankind's behavior and the reason for his shortcomings not only helps the individual evolve but it gives us a starting point how we want to evolve. If we can judge another and be better ourselves then great. But if we judge just to speak ill of another how is that evolution? If we spread the negativity, seeing the lack, how does that help ourselves? By seeing the bad in another, how does that help anyone? It usually doesn't.

We tend to gravitate towards the like minded since they are the ones that shape our reality.

Serial killers have always existed. But thanks to TV we are more informed and those that have the killer instinct are likely to control the urge because of public perceptions.

Return to “Ash”