Defenses Against the Dark Arts

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

With several people using the search button, copying posts & putting the good ideas on a word page, then a small
group to paste them all together, weed out the duplicities, re-phrase or edit to keep on topic, a good FAQ could be put together.

What kind of subjects do you see needing to be covered besides the two mentioned earlier? Catagories to add to the two below?

1. Protection against dark forces
A. How to recognize a problem
B. How to protect yourself

2. FAQ for the new DA keeper
A. Am I ready for a DA spirit?
B. Basic house rules

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Kenza
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Well in my case,being fairly new to this world,I actually read the entire forum related the the spirits I'm keeping(dragons) ::dragons::
I did go through the mentioned forums,eg spirit keeping,the first few pages anyway,and found most questions being reasked.
Only reading this thread gave me a hint that there may be more info than meets the eye,starting to read from the BACK of the forum,I noticed I struck gold,any single question I would/may ask has already been answered.
The thing is,if newcomers like me are not so lazy and actually READ the entire forums,we will end up cutting down on re-asking the same few questions,which in turn makes/encourages people to read the entire forum repeating the cycle.

Dang... Now I'm confused :insane: :eyebrow:

Be totally vulnerable and Realize that you cannot be harmed.

–Bentinho Massaro
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:With several people using the search button, copying posts & putting the good ideas on a word page, then a small
group to paste them all together, weed out the duplicities, re-phrase or edit to keep on topic, a good FAQ could be put together.

What kind of subjects do you see needing to be covered besides the two mentioned earlier? Catagories to add to the two below?

B. Basic house rules

those sound awesome as always alex. maybe even a reference to the different types of trickster entities and different feeders (if there are not sure if there are different types).
Kenza wrote:Only reading this thread gave me a hint that there may be more info than meets the eye,starting to read from the BACK of the forum,I noticed I struck gold,any single question I would/may ask has already been answered.
The thing is,if newcomers like me are not so lazy and actually READ the entire forums,we will end up cutting down on re-asking the same few questions,which in turn makes/encourages people to read the entire forum repeating the cycle.
you're half right in thinking that. the other half is them having a question that may not be quite the same as the person asking the original question. for example psyclone death had asked about using sonji spiders for magick. not wanting to hijack her thread i too asked about them only because i wanted to know what other uses owning one would be for someone who doesn't practice magick (like me). so that's why the question is asked twice because of the simple fact we all don't have the same needs for spirits.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

dilvsy wrote:
Chaos wrote:
dilvsy wrote:I too, think this would be a great idea..and also, maybe not have people who THINK they are experts spout off their advice, but have the TRUE experts be the ones to give some good advice, and tips. :thumbup:
Dilvsy how can anyone on an Internet forum tell who's an expert and who's a poser?
Chaos, kindly do not put words in my mouth, thank you.
Um I did no such thing, I was just reiterating what you said and you also didn't give me an answer. How could anyone tell who is experienced or not? The color of their names simply signifies that they post regularily and have been here awhile :?

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

Chaos wrote: How could anyone tell who is experienced or not? The color of their names simply signifies that they post regularily and have been here awhile :?
i think that it should be magnolia and ash who explain the details of what it is, how it could of been avoided, and how it was handled in the end.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Dark Abyss wrote:
Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:With several people using the search button, copying posts & putting the good ideas on a word page, then a small

B. Basic house rules

those sound awesome as always alex. maybe even a reference to the different types of trickster entities and different feeders (if there are not sure if there are different types).
Kenza wrote:Only reading this thread gave me a hint that there may be more info than meets the eye,starting to read from the BACK of the forum,I noticed I struck gold,any single question I would/may ask has already been answered.
you're half right in thinking that. the other half is them having a question that may not be quite the same as the person asking the original question. for example psyclone death had asked about using sonji spiders for magick. not wanting to hijack her thread i too asked about them only because i wanted to know what other uses owning one would be for someone who doesn't practice magick (like me). so that's why the question is asked twice because of the simple fact we all don't have the same needs for spirits.
Just putting my two-cents of geek wisdom in...

If this moves forward as a group effort, to save time it could easily be done with something like Google Docs. It could be setup for the group who is working on these items...and everyone would be able to see, read and edit the document(s) - obviously cutting down on a lot of time where everyone works in isolation -- potentially has the same exact posts and then turns them all in to one central source who then has to read, weed through the duplicates, put them in some sort of order...etc.

Either Google Docs (which is free) or some sort of free online wiki (there are tons of them).

Wiccan Warrior Alex
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Black Dragon/wraith
If I could be anything, I would be...: Wraith
My magical/paranormal name...: Given to a few close friends
Zodiac:

Chaos wrote:How could anyone tell who is experienced or not? The color of their names simply signifies that they post regularily and have been here awhile :?

Chaos, even among experienced practitioners, each may have different ways of accomplishing the same thing.
The important thing is what WORKS FOR YOU. You may have to try more than one approach to a solution to find something that melds with
your abilities and your energy.

Some people are going to speak from experience, what has worked for them, some are going to to speak from experience as to something they have observed, still others are going to search the web, copy and paste what they have read, and a few are going to say 'I don't know'.

Just because someone has posted something on a website or blog, does not make it any more true. Anyone can post on the internet.

My go to source are the old texts written by known & respected practitioners. Isreal Regardie, Papus, Eliphas Levi, Franz Bardon, John Dee, Alister Crowley, Samuel MacGregor Mathers, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa, etc.

The true test of any magick is if it works for you. This is also one of the principals in Chaos magick, from which you have derived your avatar name., You test the theory, you see what results you get, you try subtle variations, and again measure the impact. Go back to the original, any difference? It matters not if it works for someone else, if it doesn't work for you, then you must find another way, which often is just a variation that utilizes your particular talents.

And you are right, color means nothing except longevity on the board. Analyze what you read, research the subject, experiment. Ask others about their results using different techniques.

Elle, I know nothing about google docs, so I'll leave that to the experts (you) :thumbup: I emailed Magnolia to take a look at this thread, she's probably going to be busy for awhile, but she will get to it. Probably after the new year, so this is the time to formulate ideas.

Namaste,
Alex

ImageIf everyone cared and nobody cried,
If everyone loved and nobody lied,
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride,
Then we'd see the day when nobody died.
Nickleback
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

Wiccan Warrior Alex wrote:
Chaos wrote:How could anyone tell who is experienced or not? The color of their names simply signifies that they post regularily and have been here awhile :?

Chaos, even among experienced practitioners, each may have different ways of accomplishing the same thing.
The important thing is what WORKS FOR YOU. You may have to try more than one approach to a solution to find something that melds with
your abilities and your energy.

Some people are going to speak from experience, what has worked for them, some are going to to speak from experience as to something they have observed, still others are going to search the web, copy and paste what they have read, and a few are going to say 'I don't know'.

Just because someone has posted something on a website or blog, does not make it any more true. Anyone can post on the internet.

My go to source are the old texts written by known & respected practitioners. Isreal Regardie, Papus, Eliphas Levi, Franz Bardon, John Dee, Alister Crowley, Samuel MacGregor Mathers, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa, etc.

The true test of any magick is if it works for you. This is also one of the principals in Chaos magick, from which you have derived your avatar name., You test the theory, you see what results you get, you try subtle variations, and again measure the impact. Go back to the original, any difference? It matters not if it works for someone else, if it doesn't work for you, then you must find another way, which often is just a variation that utilizes your particular talents.

And you are right, color means nothing except longevity on the board. Analyze what you read, research the subject, experiment. Ask others about their results using different techniques.

Elle, I know nothing about google docs, so I'll leave that to the experts (you) :thumbup: I emailed Magnolia to take a look at this thread, she's probably going to be busy for awhile, but she will get to it. Probably after the new year, so this is the time to formulate ideas.

Namaste,
Alex
I totally support your list of the classic....glad you mentioned Franz BArdon...he is often overlooked....I would add the following:

Austin Osmon Spare - father of Chaos Magick
William S. Burroughs - an occult cyber warrior. and time traveller..especially The Nova Express and Place of Dead Roads
Michael W. Ford - for the darkest of Dark Arts. A rock musician and an Assyrian/Babylonian Scholar.
Anton Sandor LeVay - for an understanding of Satanism
Aleister Crowley & Alan Bennett's book 777 - which is a huge table of correspondences.
Francis Barrett
Ebeneezer Sibley
Maya Deren - The Divine Horseman
Simon's CD explanation of the Necronomicon
William Blake - The Book of Urizen; and also The Marriage of Heaven & Hell
Robert Svoboda - his Aghora trilogy
Dance of the Four Winds by Alberto Villoldo
The Sacred Magic of Abramelin (Very Advanced)
Books on Enochian & Dr. John Dee

Cheers,
C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I like the idea :D Based upon Alex's idea we're looking into forming a helpful committee on here with chairpersons to organize the forum and help keep pertinent information at the forefront all the time. Goodness knows this forum has grown to an enormous size & as said, important posts can be buried.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I like the idea :D Based upon Alex's idea we're looking into forming a helpful committee on here with chairpersons to organize the forum and help keep pertinent information at the forefront all the time. Goodness knows this forum has grown to an enormous size & as said, important posts can be buried.
Just make one huge, informational post and sticky it?

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey

Return to “Forum Suggestions”