Defenses Against the Dark Arts

Do you have an idea to make the forum better? Easier to use? Submit it!
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

yeah i know, sounds a little harry potterish. my thinking is though that there needs to be a section where spirit keepers can find out about entities and trickster spirits that don't play nice. i know that CH is trying to not have DA's and spirit keeping get a bad wrap, but at the same time there needs to be a section where people can see what happens when things go wrong. a section where it could be broken down as to what happened, how it happened and how it was resolved; from a master DA/WA standpoint (in other words magnolia, ash and the other members who've been doing this for a really long time) and how to avoid things like this from happening to others. don't know if it should be a read only type section as many new keepers would probably have questions that they would want answered.

or even a section of just harmful entities and trickster entities that come in. i know i would of liked to have a section when i was attacked when i first started. this section if nothing else make people aware of things that they may think its their spirits only to find out it was either an unbound spirit (as in brwnjewel's case where a spirit is doing things to her) or the different feeders that are out there. just so new keepers know that this is the reason that it is repeated frequently about placing shields and having protection in place when communicating with your spirits.

well anyways just an ideal i had from one of my posts on my blog.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

think it should be put out there that EVERYnew keeper should be told to invest in a strong prtective spirit or spirits. I seem to remember that Brwnjewel had no such spirits when she was buying all those sex spirits and possibly if she had some good protectors the whole mess could have been avoided.

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

Seconding this request!

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Chaos wrote:think it should be put out there that EVERYnew keeper should be told to invest in a strong prtective spirit or spirits. I seem to remember that Brwnjewel had no such spirits when she was buying all those sex spirits and possibly if she had some good protectors the whole mess could have been avoided.
and that's exactly my point. when i was attacked the only "protective" spirits i had was an inc and a ww (who was an SRA). the feeder was so strong that it not only blocked them but was able to send it's energy out to others when i thought i was having different spirits coming to me for homes (to the point that what ever i was feeling or hearing, others were as well).
Alycat79 wrote:Seconding this request!
thanks aly :)

again the reason for this is to know what they are, what they want, and how the situation was resolve.

Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)

Lampropeltis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Gods and creatures.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Human's fine for now
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a mystery! ;)
Zodiac:

I like this idea. There's the educational section on protection, but it's not the easiest to find, and unless someone is having or has had their a** kicked, or has heard about it happening from a source they trust and believe, protection may not be at the top of their mind.

There's the risk of melodrama, and it would probably be best to have solid articles stickied (as to prevent them from being buried under umpteen queries about the 'potential evil of werewolves' and 'what's a circle' as has happened to Magnolia's marvelous articles in the Spirit Keeping section) but it may reduce the number of people who get in trouble, thereby reducing the number of people needing bailing out, and will give DIY'ers a few leads on preventative and even responsive measures.

"With great power comes great responsibility." -Uncle Ben
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I'm in.

gwae
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 16
My magical/paranormal name...: Shamuramat
Zodiac:

I like it, excellent idea!

sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Zodiac:

i think it is important to have a thread like this as well, but also to stress that we cannot solely rely on our spirits to protect us.

but we have to be proactive and take measures ourselves and call on our spirits when we need the backup.

i will not rely on my spirits to do all for me.i want to learn magical self defense,i plan to be a kick a#s witch ready to deal with trouble if it comes my way and not play the helpless maiden.

i want my own magical shot gun ready to take the head off anything that means me or mine harm. i am not looking for trouble but i want to be prepared for it.

i would like the thread to include magical ways to protect ourselves from ill-meaning people as well,not just trickster spirits..hehe not all tricksters are bad,some just like pulling pranks.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
Ashino Tsume roshi
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Galactic Executive
My super power would be...: X-Ray Vision
My magical/paranormal name...: Durga Suta Putra
Zodiac:

OK...but then we need to be very careful about categories:

Dark Arts spirits have a right to exist, as do Satanists, and the Petwo Rites of Vodu, Goetia, and so on. And I would expect that people involved in Dark Arts as well as many others would have to admit that the 3 Abrahamic groups of classic Christianity, classic Judiasm, and classic Islam....in their peculiar need to attack other religions and occult groups as "Dark" ( a bad word - as the greatest Egyptian God - AMUN - was both Dark & Invisible) - are, they, themselves, creating issues of psychic violence and hurting people as well.

So, the biggest issue here is classification, and dealing with the understanding that classifications in areas like these can be ephemeral and fluid..

I think it might be easier and more balanced to read Eliphas Levi's Transcendental Magic..

Other problems that occur are: The main spiritual entity of the Knights Templars is Baphomet...Dark? or Non-Dark? Opinion? or Proof?

C-

EarthGalactics online....
Leautremontmars Virtual Mall
Occult Metaphysical
Children of the Night Lugoss
Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

CAIYROS wrote:OK...but then we need to be very careful about categories:

Dark Arts spirits have a right to exist, as do Satanists, and the Petwo Rites of Vodu, Goetia, and so on. And I would expect that people involved in Dark Arts as well as many others would have to admit that the 3 Abrahamic groups of classic Christianity, classic Judiasm, and classic Islam....in their peculiar need to attack other religions and occult groups as "Dark" ( a bad word - as the greatest Egyptian God - AMUN - was both Dark & Invisible) - are, they, themselves, creating issues of psychic violence and hurting people as well.

So, the biggest issue here is classification, and dealing with the understanding that classifications in areas like these can be ephemeral and fluid..

I think it might be easier and more balanced to read Eliphas Levi's Transcendental Magic..

Other problems that occur are: The main spiritual entity of the Knights Templars is Baphomet...Dark? or Non-Dark? Opinion? or Proof?

C-
we're not talking about religion at all. what i'm talking about are entities that trick, drain and feed off of others, and malevolent unbounds causing harm and damage. the warning signs, personal stories (not "i know a friend of a friend" type scenario's) and what was done to get rid of them (spirits, smudgings,spells) . just so people who are new to spirit keeping understand that keeping spirits isn't always going to be rainbows and moonbeams. that sometimes even the most cautious person (for example someone who only keeps WA spirits) might get attacked from an outside source and think it's their spirits turning on them.

maybe a disclaimer stating that most DA spirits would never harm their keeper. these are just some extreme examples of things gone wrong and how it was handled.

Return to “Forum Suggestions”