StarsmacK
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire.
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Akacia
Zodiac:

I'm drawn to them and unicorns as well. I've seen plenty of information about unicorns, but not much for our DA friend the karkadann. So, if anyone has one, what are they like? What are some experiences you've had with them?

§†år § m å ¢K ☆
Sassy
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 100000
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of my creations.
If I could be anything, I would be...: What I am, Goddess..
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Sassy, Rhea, the death phantom, the chaotic bit@h...
Zodiac:

I was called to a Karkadann SRA and she is truly amazing. She is very quiet yet I can feel her outside on some nights in the field behind the house. I truly love her and am very thankful that I was blessed with her. She is a fierce protector and has come to look upon my children as hers as well. They are truly an amazing species.

Be the bi@ch you are inside and fu@k the rest...
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

The Karkadann (African Origin)
The Karkadann was a mythical, reptilian, unicorn-like creature said to live on the grassy plains of India, Persia and North Africa. The karkadann was an extremely ferocious beast, driving away from its territory animals as big as the elephant. The name karkadann is a variation of the Sanskrit kartajan, which means "lord of the desert". Other spellings and pronunciations include karkadan, kargadan, karmadan, and Cartazoon. The ground shook whenever the creature ran, and it could make a loud bellow that frightened all animals away. It is said it would fight an elephant and kill it. It would then hoist it above its head in triumph using its horn, before going blind as the elephant's fat flowed into its eyes as it melted in the sun. However, their was one animal that would not be frightened away and which the karkadann tolerated: the ringdove. Legend says that the ringdove would perch upon a karkadann's horn and sing a beautiful song which the karkadann enjoyed. It would stake a territory near a nest of ringdoves and would guard them jealously.
There is also a discussion on here that states that the Karkadann can get drunk on milk. Good luck with that :lol:

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
StarsmacK
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 14
Spelled Number: 30
Your favorite spirit to work with: Demon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire.
My magical/paranormal name...: Akacia
Zodiac:

Sassy wrote:I was called to a Karkadann SRA and she is truly amazing. She is very quiet yet I can feel her outside on some nights in the field behind the house. I truly love her and am very thankful that I was blessed with her. She is a fierce protector and has come to look upon my children as hers as well. They are truly an amazing species.

I've read they're difficult to manage, have you had this experience?

§†år § m å ¢K ☆
Sassy
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 100000
Your favorite spirit to work with: all of my creations.
If I could be anything, I would be...: What I am, Goddess..
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Sassy, Rhea, the death phantom, the chaotic bit@h...
Zodiac:

I like for my spirits to be very open. I find her to be a great asset to my family, for me she is not hard to manage at all. Actually I am being called to other Karkadanns but they know that I shall bring them into my home after I get done bonding with the many immortals that are on the way.

Be the bi@ch you are inside and fu@k the rest...
crone maatkaere
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2638
Spelled Number: 847
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Raven Greywolf
Zodiac:

i have 8 bound karkadanns with me and several who always just visit. while none of them appear reptilian, i suppose because i used to ride jumpers competitively as well as dressage, they will appear as large warmbloods only difference is....they have a horn. ;)

as for personalities, as with each spirit they are all different - and they are a lot more difficult to control as has been mentioned above. however, once you have a bond with your karkadann you will find a staunch loyal friend and companion who will be one of the fiercest protectors you could imagine. most of mine show themselves to me in my astral stable as large black warmbloods (think hanoverian or trakehner at maybe 18 to 20 hands tall) who take a course of 6 to 7' jumps like they were a small 3'6" hunter course, lol. i do have one male who seems to know my preference for the dark dappled grey with black mane and tail types and he obliges me. ;)

as for magick work/help, the karkadann is a great assistant however a ki-lin and the mazou are awesome as well. hope some of this helps and enjoy if you decide you hear one calling! :grouphug:

witch, wa, da, specialty in egyptian, celt, asian, hindu magick
trained conjurer
cupping healer
reiki grand master and elven shaman

By the moon we sport and play. With the night begins our day...Thomas Ravenscroft
Live simply, Love generously, Care deeply, Speak kindly....me
Ē\ tā\n ē\ epì tâs - "Either [with] it [your shield], or on it"...Spartan Mothers to their sons
Mau Emerald Nile
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

HELP!

Last night I was meditating while drifting off to sleep with the idea to talk to my Ilmu Khodams about some job issues when a really dark energy hit me... it felt like I'd been struck with electricity... I was terrified and I could see in my mind black flames around my body... A face morphed above me looking almost serpent-like, I thought it was a black dragon at first... I called out for help to my dragons, gargoyles and my gold unicorn and that's when I saw the image of a black unicorn in my mind. It's voice filled me and I could hear it talking to me... I don't remember what it said but I was so freaked out by its dark energy (I'm so new to spirit keeping and only have WA spirits around me for now) that I continued to cry out for assistance to my spirit family and my two servitors and that's when I felt its energy dissipate and their warmth surround me.

I asked this morning what it was and I heard "Karkadann". I had to ask several times if it was just a DA unicorn or an actual Karkadann and my gold unicorn kept saying Karkadann. I'm not able to make out what he has to say because we're still in the bonding process but I asked several times why the Karkadann came around and he said something that sounded like "home" or "keeper".

I could just be projecting what I suspect of the situation though, since my gold unicorn and I have a garbled channel and I'm not always able to make out what he has to say. I did get the feeling that he attacked the Karkadann because I kept hearing "Roundhouse kick" and saw an image of him stabbing it to drive it away from me.

What's weird is, one of my gargoyles told me it ripped him in two... is this possible? Should I be worried about my gargoyle?

::eeek::

I sent it away but I get the feeling it'll come back again cus it wants something. Is it calling me or is this something else altogether?

(Funny thing is, I've been thinking about getting a DA unicorn the last two weeks, just looking over listings online but I keep hesitating at the last minute because I don't have any DA in my spirit family.)

Is it wrong of me to send it away?

Gryphonista
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Witch
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My magical/paranormal name...: Winter Gryphon
Zodiac:

Terror wrote:HELP!

Last night I was meditating while drifting off to sleep with the idea to talk to my Ilmu Khodams about some job issues when a really dark energy hit me... it felt like I'd been struck with electricity... I was terrified and I could see in my mind black flames around my body... A face morphed above me looking almost serpent-like, I thought it was a black dragon at first... I called out for help to my dragons, gargoyles and my gold unicorn and that's when I saw the image of a black unicorn in my mind. It's voice filled me and I could hear it talking to me... I don't remember what it said but I was so freaked out by its dark energy (I'm so new to spirit keeping and only have WA spirits around me for now) that I continued to cry out for assistance to my spirit family and my two servitors and that's when I felt its energy dissipate and their warmth surround me.

I asked this morning what it was and I heard "Karkadann". I had to ask several times if it was just a DA unicorn or an actual Karkadann and my gold unicorn kept saying Karkadann. I'm not able to make out what he has to say because we're still in the bonding process but I asked several times why the Karkadann came around and he said something that sounded like "home" or "keeper".

I could just be projecting what I suspect of the situation though, since my gold unicorn and I have a garbled channel and I'm not always able to make out what he has to say. I did get the feeling that he attacked the Karkadann because I kept hearing "Roundhouse kick" and saw an image of him stabbing it to drive it away from me.

What's weird is, one of my gargoyles told me it ripped him in two... is this possible? Should I be worried about my gargoyle?

::eeek::

I sent it away but I get the feeling it'll come back again cus it wants something. Is it calling me or is this something else altogether?

(Funny thing is, I've been thinking about getting a DA unicorn the last two weeks, just looking over listings online but I keep hesitating at the last minute because I don't have any DA in my spirit family.)

Is it wrong of me to send it away?
Oh my gosh, I was on the edge of my seat?????? Whaa happened?????????

Was your gargoyle ok?

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper." ~Eden Phillpotts
ImageImage
BLAZE
neophyte
neophyte

I've wanted a Karkadann for over a year. Given I'm still new I'm waiting until I get experience under my belt. These posts were very intriguing I'll be glad when I can invite one to be part of my family.
@Sassy thank you for sharing that your Karkadann has a milder disposition
@Nephret thank you for the the indepth explaination.
@Terror I hope you'll us an update...

CrashingDown
active contributor
active contributor
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: A secret.

*bump*

Well... one of these rang my bell today. :lol: Anybody want to share any current experiences, thoughts, or tips about Karkadann? I feel as though there may be more to know about them that hasn't quite been covered by the listing or encyclopedia.

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value." --Albert Einstein

Return to “Dark Arts”