What bonding methods have worked for you?

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

lunalee wrote:
Merchendiver wrote:Oh Geez, my method is the only one I have tried so far. I have been a spirit keeper for two weeks so. Well I wear my vessels, I talk to them and at night we have a chat session were I use a divination oracle and they tend to give me the heads up on what they want to chat about.

I will be checking back to this thread for some more ideas!
If you don't mind sharing... what divination oracle do you use? Im trying to think of new ways for my spirit to relay messages to me. :candlep:
It is a really easy and straight forward orcale. It is called The Wisdom of Avalon Oracle. THen with Himself I use something different. We kind of like using My Brian Froud oracles. He has two and those ae working for us so far.

LunaAngel
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Merchendiver wrote:
lunalee wrote:
Merchendiver wrote:Oh Geez, my method is the only one I have tried so far. I have been a spirit keeper for two weeks so. Well I wear my vessels, I talk to them and at night we have a chat session were I use a divination oracle and they tend to give me the heads up on what they want to chat about.

I will be checking back to this thread for some more ideas!
If you don't mind sharing... what divination oracle do you use? Im trying to think of new ways for my spirit to relay messages to me. :candlep:
It is a really easy and straight forward orcale. It is called The Wisdom of Avalon Oracle. THen with Himself I use something different. We kind of like using My Brian Froud oracles. He has two and those ae working for us so far.

Oh I love those! :) I have them too. With mine, I need something she can use to help her tell her story, so Im trying out something called "The Answer Deck". Its quite "fortune telling", but has scenarios you can relate to everyday life (since she is human spirit). Im also trying out tarot, something called "Synchrosigns", and Konxari. Been doing a lot of experimenting. Maybe I'll see how Avalon deck works for us. :) Thanks for sharing!

Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

OOOOOOOOOOO You have the Konxari deck? If I am thinking about the right deck, that is the one where they use modern symbols for ancient Egyptian symbols. Right. If it is, i have always wanted to use that deck.

With the Wisdom Deck, It works for us because of the guided word suggestions on the cards. My Tarot deck is a pretty big symbolism and Would be too much for a straight communication with my spirits I think. With Himself, we relate well with the cards because that is kind of how i picture him, so it works for us. As for my shamans and my middle eastern spirits, so far the pendulum works for us. I kind of want to get some shamisitic animal cards for talking to them, but I haven't found anything that has called to me yet.

If you do use the wisdom cards, let me know how they work for you! I would leave to hear about it.

LunaAngel
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Merchendiver wrote:OOOOOOOOOOO You have the Konxari deck? If I am thinking about the right deck, that is the one where they use modern symbols for ancient Egyptian symbols. Right. If it is, i have always wanted to use that deck.

With the Wisdom Deck, It works for us because of the guided word suggestions on the cards. My Tarot deck is a pretty big symbolism and Would be too much for a straight communication with my spirits I think. With Himself, we relate well with the cards because that is kind of how i picture him, so it works for us. As for my shamans and my middle eastern spirits, so far the pendulum works for us. I kind of want to get some shamisitic animal cards for talking to them, but I haven't found anything that has called to me yet.

If you do use the wisdom cards, let me know how they work for you! I would leave to hear about it.
Konxari is a deck used to "talk with the dead". Mostly to find out what happened to them, how they died, messages they may have, etc..

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=5 ... 643&v=info

I hope that link works.

The only tarot I can see that would work is something like Rider Waite, which is what I use now. I tried other tarot decks but yes.. the symbolism was too much to get a straight answer from which is what I need. So if you can, try Rider Waite or any scenic and straight-forward deck.

Im anxious to try Avalon now! :) I will definitely let you know how it goes.

Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

That is the deck! That is so awesome that it is one you use. I have wanted that deck for ages! maybe one day. I would love to hear your experiences with it. i just love the energy I get off it. It is so not a fluffy deck, and I think would appeal to a few of my incoming CH spirits. LOL

I am glad you are going to give Wisdom of Avalon Ago. I think it is really easy to use and helps lead the conversation. I do a three card spread and then that pretty much leads the conversation. I add cards as I go along and I feel the need. Good luck!

LunaAngel
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Merchendiver wrote:That is the deck! That is so awesome that it is one you use. I have wanted that deck for ages! maybe one day. I would love to hear your experiences with it. i just love the energy I get off it. It is so not a fluffy deck, and I think would appeal to a few of my incoming CH spirits. LOL

I am glad you are going to give Wisdom of Avalon Ago. I think it is really easy to use and helps lead the conversation. I do a three card spread and then that pretty much leads the conversation. I add cards as I go along and I feel the need. Good luck!
How do you approach the Avalon, with your spirits? Do you ask them what they want to talk about, do the 3-card spread, and go from there?

Yes I recommend Konxari for sure! Ive gotten some interesting readings from it. I posted one awhile back on my blog:

http://thegroovy.tumblr.com/post/254162 ... crets-held

Really creepy and enlightening!

AltarCat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 55
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons/Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Mermaid
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

I have another deck from the creator of the Wisdom of Avalon the Wisdom of the Hidden Realms.

I haven't used it for spirit readings yet but what I've found looking through the cards is that it has pictures of most the popular spirits that people keep: Dragons, Mermaids, Fae, Angels, Immortals, Djinn.

not sure how it could be used just yet but I'll try to figure out a method soon.

~*Dua Anpu*~
My Tarot/Conjure Reviews: http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39614
Conjurer/Witch/Tarot Reader of: Treeleafe Tarot | AltarCat Emporium | The Crystal Moon
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks for that link. I know what my next deck will be. XD

Yes that is pretty much it. I sit down, after spending a bit just sitting with the spirit, I start shuffling, thinking about them asking them what they want to talk a bout. then when my hands stop shuffling, if you use decks, I am sure you know that tell. Then I lay out the three cards, and then we go from there.

I saw that deck too Treeleaf. I have it on my amazon wishlist. just working with a few decks right now, so i didn't order it yet. That is kind of neat, wonder if those cards would pull up for the spirits. LOL Or you could use them as indicators.

Ivy Onyx East
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 115
Spelled Number: 150
If I could be anything, I would be...: Grimmy!!
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Mesa Hema
Zodiac:

When I get a spirit home, I mentally walk around the home and introduce it to my family. I show it my daily life, work, home & loved ones. I figure sharing such personal infomation is important. :)
Then I spend as much time as I can w/ them and on their corresponding day, I keep their vessel with me. I mostly use the scent, day of week, and herb they prefer. I'm not Ms. Bonding... I have a hectic life and find little time to spend alone with them as I should. So I do my best to offer what I can to them. I do sleep with a vessel for dream interaction. I find it best during daytime naps, I can remember dreams much better this way.
Here's a question: if you have a spirit for your child (unaware of it), how would the bonding process work then?

~Ivy Onyx East (aka: dollybil)
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." -C.W. Leadbeater
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I really like that idea Dollybil, the one about mentally walking the spirit around and introducing them to your surroundings. I should really start doing that too. i just usually tell them not to scare my kids and that is it. XD

Return to “Connecting”