Marid Vs Ifrit djiins

Resources and links to information on djinn.
melinda1111
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 7
Your favorite spirit to work with: Angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Melinda
Zodiac:

Hi Everyone,
I couldn't find any diferrence on CH encyclopedia between these 2 Djiin races. Which one is the strongest in wish granting ? Thank you !

moongypsy
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: dark and white
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being me
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: moongypsy

Hi, I'm having questions of my own about djinn. I thought I knew... I thought marid were the lighter of the races, ifrit darker, shaitan darkest and don't know much about ghul at all except that they are dark. However, from doing a bit more research just now, I think one really needs to look at each djinn individually, not by race, to determine unique personality and just how dark they are. As far as wish granting goes... bonding needs to come first and you and your djinn need to trust one another. I do not recomend requesting any wishes before bonding, and definitely make sure you show your djinn the utmost respect when communicating with her/him. Stress that you are the master in the relationship and that they abide by your rules though. I have several djinn and have only made one request of one of my djinn (and I have had them all with me for a long time now)- that she protect me and my family feircly but without harm. It seems that djinn can be quite mischeivious, so house rules are a must for me. I'm no expert but there's my reply. What I would do is have a custom done for you here CH. In my experience, they are the best and are truly so helpful. I trust them completely. If you give them some info on what you are looking for, I bet they would match you up with the perfect one for you. Hope this helps :)

There is a thin line between brilliance and insanity
Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Looking at each djinn individually is good advice. That being said, there are generalities that most would agree with.

Madrid Djinns tend to be "believers" and lean toward the white end of the spectrum. Howevre they are still gray. Also, I've seen listings for Dark Madrids so again, look at each djinn. My experience with Madrids is that they tend to be more formal and a bit harder to bond with.

Jann djinns tend towards the light side as well. They are usually described as being younger and so therefore may not have as much power OR they may a bit harder to "control".

Ifrits are usually described as being darker. Then may or may not be believers. I have an Ifrit who is described as "dark" however I would describe her as dark gray...not dark dark. She will grant wishes just as easily or more so than Madrids, for example. But some would say faster since she may not be too concerned HOW she gets the job done. In other words you'd need to word your wishes more clearly here lest something happen you weren't expecting or that could present problems for you or others.

Ghul djinns are considered even darker...but again, this must be looked at individually. I have a Ghul djinn who is quite light..but is still gray. Again, not a believer so she may not use means you desire to grant a wish. Therefore you must be careful with your thoughts and emotions and you must word your wishes very carefully.

Shaitans are usually considered the darkest of the one's mentioned here (I have not written about all by a long shot...just the more common Islamic Djinn). THey are not recommended by a novice or someone who isn't practiced in working with Dark Art Entities.

That's my experience; I'm certain others will have very different experiences. I personally have the following djinn in my keep:
3 Madrid Djinns
1 Gold Djinn (A form of Madrid)
1 Cleopatra Djinn
1 Ifrit Djinn
1 Ghul Djinn

melinda1111
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

what do you mean when you say Marids are more "believers" . Believers in what ? sorry I'm a noob here :)

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

melinda1111 wrote:what do you mean when you say Marids are more "believers" . Believers in what ? sorry I'm a noob here :)
God, Allah, Higher Power...etc. :)

melinda1111
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

:) ok thank you Ellegria ! :hug:

richard t
new here
new here
Zodiac:

hi,
i have to agree with one of the replys here. most of the marids are formal such as one queen that i got off of ebay. however i hooked up with two others (who are also females i.e. djinneyehei ) who are easy going even if they are around 12,000 years old. they are believers although two that i are with me gave me the impression were muslim. the other was either a christian or jewish (the queen?) . all of them are from north africa but have been in other parts of the middle east. ifrits i have learned from them are younger. and are undecided about their paths. some are rebellious. so i guess that's why they give the impression of being evil. eh? sorry if i'm rambling a bit. hope you have a good day! :insane:

''dreams are older than brooding Tyre, or the contemplative Sphinx, or garden girdled Babylon'' HP Lovecraft
Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: To be revealed...
Zodiac:

Ellegria* wrote:Looking at each djinn individually is good advice. That being said, there are generalities that most would agree with.

Madrid Djinns tend to be "believers" and lean toward the white end of the spectrum. Howevre they are still gray. Also, I've seen listings for Dark Madrids so again, look at each djinn. My experience with Madrids is that they tend to be more formal and a bit harder to bond with.

Jann djinns tend towards the light side as well. They are usually described as being younger and so therefore may not have as much power OR they may a bit harder to "control".

Ifrits are usually described as being darker. Then may or may not be believers. I have an Ifrit who is described as "dark" however I would describe her as dark gray...not dark dark. She will grant wishes just as easily or more so than Madrids, for example. But some would say faster since she may not be too concerned HOW she gets the job done. In other words you'd need to word your wishes more clearly here lest something happen you weren't expecting or that could present problems for you or others.

Ghul djinns are considered even darker...but again, this must be looked at individually. I have a Ghul djinn who is quite light..but is still gray. Again, not a believer so she may not use means you desire to grant a wish. Therefore you must be careful with your thoughts and emotions and you must word your wishes very carefully.

Shaitans are usually considered the darkest of the one's mentioned here (I have not written about all by a long shot...just the more common Islamic Djinn). THey are not recommended by a novice or someone who isn't practiced in working with Dark Art Entities.

That's my experience; I'm certain others will have very different experiences. I personally have the following djinn in my keep:
3 Madrid Djinns
1 Gold Djinn (A form of Madrid)
1 Cleopatra Djinn
1 Ifrit Djinn
1 Ghul Djinn

Sorry do you mean Marid Djinns or are there some sort of Spanish Djinn from Madrid? Could it be another version of the same name?

Pieter
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: N.A. yet.
If I could be anything, I would be...: Unicorn
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

I believe it was meant as marid not madrid. but its good that you pointed this out. :thumbup:

Bella
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

According to legend, they are called "Marid" djinn because they are associated with water. 2cents ;)
You don't have a Madrid djinn, unless he/she comes from Spain! :silly: :lol:
I'm glad that someone pointed this out! :thumbup:
The :genie: elders are more powerful than the younger ones and are usually more cooperative in serving the will of humans. (Got this straight from my :genie: 's mouth!)

Brightest Blessings!
Wishing you \/ , <3 , & :) always!

Return to “Djinn Information”