Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: N/A
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Hi everyone!

I'm really new here on Creepy Hollows and I am also really new to spirit keeping. I don't even have any spirits yet, but I am in active search for information and lots of knowledge to bring a spirit friend into my life. Anyway, I had made a thread elsewhere and some suggested gargoyles as a first spirit consideration, especially because I live in a dorm and can't always put candles or incense... and because gargoyles like peanut butter, which I can give them plenty of, haha.

I have a couple of questions... some out of curiosity... others out of genuine ignorance so I hope you will bear with me and I would appreciate any and all answers! Thanks <3

1) Is there a reason why gargoyles like butter and peanut butter? Mirrors? - Again, just random curiosity. It seems quite fitting for some reason in my mind, but not for any reasons that I can easily discern and put into words.

2) When people say give an offering of peanut butter, does that mean I put it next to the vessel? - And then...? What happens to the peanut butter? Will it slowly disappear as if someone was eating it, or do I throw it away after a day or two and exchange it with new peanut butter? - I also read somewhere that the keeper could have peanut butter related cravings...? - Again, I am so new that this is the question that MOST interests me. I live in a dorm so just keeping a spoonful of peanut butter lying around in the open could call forth ants if not dealt with correctly. ;)

Thanks again!

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

Blu.Panda wrote:Hi everyone!
1) Is there a reason why gargoyles like butter and peanut butter? Mirrors? - Again, just random curiosity. It seems quite fitting for some reason in my mind, but not for any reasons that I can easily discern and put into words.
this one i can't answer except maybe with another question...do you have a favorite food that you simple, absolutely love and if you see it, you HAVE TO HAVE a bite of it? maybe that's why. as far as the mirrors goes maybe they like the shiny reflection.
2) When people say give an offering of peanut butter, does that mean I put it next to the vessel?
you can
What happens to the peanut butter? Will it slowly disappear as if someone was eating it, or do I throw it away after a day or two and exchange it with new peanut butter?
it just sits there. they take the energy from it. so no it won't disappear (unless the ants or "other creatures" sneak a taste
- I also read somewhere that the keeper could have peanut butter related cravings...?
haven't had a craving yet, but i still have the peanut butter on hand for them
Again, I am so new that this is the question that MOST interests me. I live in a dorm so just keeping a spoonful of peanut butter lying around in the open could call forth ants if not dealt with correctly. ;)

Thanks again!
for me i only leave the peanut butter out for maybe an hour (because i can't stand bugs). if the peanut butter is still bothersome to you, you may want to try the gargoyle offering that CH offers instead.

http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... =35&page=1

hope this helped answer some of your questions, and btw welcome to the forum.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

adrana
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 3
My magical/paranormal name...: Adrana
Zodiac:

I have a gargoyle it wasn't until I read your post it clicked as to why I had been eating peanut butter out of the jar with a spoon and really craving the stuff for a month before I went and got my SRA gargie! thanks for posting hehe

I usually leave my gargoyle with his peanut butter and mirror on a high place in my bedroom he loves it there and slowly absorbs the energy from his offerings, I usually leave his peanut butter for a few hours. :D

The appearance of things change according to the emotions, and thus we see magic and beauty in them, while the magic and beauty are really in ourselves. -Kahlil Gibran
Prophet
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 18
Spelled Number: 35
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: Not sure yet.
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Shaman Terra Bat
Zodiac:

I don't really know the answer to #1, but I'm gonna go with Dark Abyss on that one. :thumbup:

As per offering the peanut butter, usually what I do is smear a gob on a cracker and put it up high where I keep my gargoyle. (As gargoyle's love high perches. :thumbup: ) As Dark said, they just absorb the energy, so no the PB won't disappear. What I usually do is give him PB on a Friday (as that's their association day) and leave the PB cracker up there for a couple days then toss it out. Luckily, I haven't had any bug problems so far. :fingercross:

I have indeed had some PB cravings. :lol: The first day he arrived, I kept getting a mental image of a Saltine cracker smeared with PB. After while wondering why I kept having that thought, I was like "gotcha, you want some PB, I'm on it!" :thumbup: As I was searching for crackers I found that all I had were Ritz, so that'd have to do. I decided I was gonna join him in a few, because it sounded quite tasty at the moment. I still do every now and again. :hungry: I've been craving PB and honey (one of my favs) sandwiches too. I went across town the other day to bring home an order of PB chicken from my fav Chinese restaurant, it was so good. I think he liked it too. :thumbup:

Shaman Terra Bat

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.” ~ Nietzsche

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." ~ Robert A. Heinlein

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." ~ Dr. Seuss
Blu.Panda
new here
new here

Thanks for answering everyone!

Never been a big fan of peanut butter on its own (though I will eat it from time to time with some crackers), but I will most certainly join any gargoyle buddy with a PB&J sandwich, haha. And it's good to know that CH sells offerings that I could also buy and use. The peanut butter should work fine, I suppose, so long as I don't keep it out for days. A few hours would work fine, I'm sure. :D

So far gargoyles sound really cute for some reason with their love of mirrors and peanut butter, but I think I'd be really freaked out if I ended up suddenly dreaming about gargoyles, which is likely to happen if I get one simply because my imagination is influenced like that, sigh...

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

Blu.Panda wrote:Thanks for answering everyone!

Never been a big fan of peanut butter on its own (though I will eat it from time to time with some crackers), but I will most certainly join any gargoyle buddy with a PB&J sandwich, haha. And it's good to know that CH sells offerings that I could also buy and use. The peanut butter should work fine, I suppose, so long as I don't keep it out for days. A few hours would work fine, I'm sure. :D

So far gargoyles sound really cute for some reason with their love of mirrors and peanut butter, but I think I'd be really freaked out if I ended up suddenly dreaming about gargoyles, which is likely to happen if I get one simply because my imagination is influenced like that, sigh...
all i can say is in my case is that i do love my gargoyles. i also realized after your question about the mirror, is that before they came i gave them my high back dresser as their perch. in the middle of the dresser is a mirror. no wonder they were happy with that area (they probably gave me a subliminal message about it). cheeky gargoyles. here's a pic of it with one of their orbs.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

freya
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: no faves
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy or elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: freya
Zodiac:

....and mine won't share his.

I put some peanut butter and butter on my small offering plate. My cat got up there that night and man, was he fast when he all of a sudden sprang off the table and out the door. He didn't feel very well for a day or so either...poor Frank.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak. ~Author Unknown

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. ~Abraham Lincoln
Blu.Panda
new here
new here

freya wrote:....and mine won't share his.

I put some peanut butter and butter on my small offering plate. My cat got up there that night and man, was he fast when he all of a sudden sprang off the table and out the door. He didn't feel very well for a day or so either...poor Frank.
:( Poor kitty cat...

Point now taken into consideration - do not expect the gargoyle buddy to share the peanut butter. I wonder if there's a chance a gargoyle might enjoy Nutella? Hmm. :thumbup:

Sloane
new here
new here
Number of Spirits: 9
Zodiac:

Blu.Panda wrote:
freya wrote:....and mine won't share his.

:( Poor kitty cat...

Point now taken into consideration - do not expect the gargoyle buddy to share the peanut butter. I wonder if there's a chance a gargoyle might enjoy Nutella? Hmm. :thumbup:
I can't imagine not liking nutella. :lol:

freya
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 23
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: no faves
If I could be anything, I would be...: fairy or elf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: freya
Zodiac:

Ok...as soon as I read that this am I hear in my head, 'Is there room for that in the budget next month?'. I haev never tried it but I have to admit a real curiosity about it since this posting lol.

Light travels faster than sound. That's why most people seem bright until you hear them speak. ~Author Unknown

How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. ~Abraham Lincoln

Return to “Gargoyle”