GOOD MORNING SPIRIT KEEPERS

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

good morning new CH members. :wave: . welcome to the CH forum. ::welcome:: since many of you have asked such interesting questions as "i can't feel my spirit." "when can i expect my spirit to manifest?" "how do i connect." "what spirits are good for.........?" and these are all great questions. if you noticed in this section CH has made several wonderful reference threads on many of these questions that you may be asking now, with others that may even answer some other questions that you may want to know. even then we know that there still may be questions that just don't seem to quite explain what you're asking and that's ok, we're all here to help, not judge, and share our experiences. :grouphug: here's a few ways that might make your journey easier and enjoyable.

1. familiarize yourself with these threads. they are found at the top of most sections.

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 75&t=13828

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 75&t=10663

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... 175&t=5027

2. when asking a question try using the search button (this button is located on the bottom of all the sections to help aid you in your quest) to see if some one hasn't already asked this question. of course there are times that the question may have been asked but because of the wording the search function may not find it. but as a reminder: NEVER BE AFRAID TO ASK A QUESTION, no matter how silly you might think it is. again we're not here to make fun of you, or judge, and surprisingly someone may or may not have that same question and was curious as well.

3. when reading about others experiences keep in mind that you may or may not have that experience with your spirit. DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED OR DISAPPOINTED. everyone's experiences are their own. everyone's spirits may or may not have the same personality traits as well, and everyone's interactions with their spirit is different as well.

4. one of the most frequent questions is "how do i connect with my spirit?" not only is the article that CH wrote giving great tips, but there is also a section dedicated with connecting with your spirit and tips on meditation.

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=42

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=41

5. a helpful tip: when asking for advice in a thread.... take into consideration everyone's opinion, not just one person's (with the exception of CH and ASH-MADA, since they are MASTERS at what they do). remember what works for one person may or may not work for you, and just because they are a certain color doesn't mean that they are any more knowledgeable than a new member who may have been collecting for years and just recently found CH. a color is a way of knowing who has been with CH for a certain amount of time, not by knowledge. by taking in EVERYONE'S opinion you get to see different points of views as to how we as a forum perceive and experience things individually.

6. spirit not manifesting? can't understand why you aren't seeing, feeling, sensing, etc like others on the forum? again remember we are all going to have different experiences with our spirits. some of us may have shut off our abilities and can't experience our spirit the same way that X,Y and Z can. DON'T PUT YOURSELF IN A BOX. we are all different. some of us it took years to have any interaction with our spirits, others of us a few days, weeks, and/or even months. it varies from person to person and the individual's spirit. also look at little signs, things that make you go "hmmmm." this may or may not be your spirit trying to get your attention.

7. trying to contact your spirit via pendulum, communication boards? remember to always use protection. not only will you feel more comfortable in knowing that it is your spirit communicating with you, but it helps keep out trickster and low level entities from interfering and wreaking havoc.

again welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy your own personal journey. you're in for a wild ride.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

Alycat79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0

I'd also like to add a gentle suggestion to new members that do search through the forum and threads to make sure and double check the original posting date, which is located in the upper right hand corner. Not only should that be checked, but also check the posting date of the last reply. I've run across some really good threads from years ago that I bumped or added my question to if it wasn't answered, but a lot of the time the original members who posted in those threads no longer visit the forum, so asking them a direct question won't get an answer from them, but another member may (and a of of the times, has) answered my question.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Final stanza of the poem Invictus by William Earnest Henley

You have no power over me. - Sarah Williams from Labyrinth

The truly powerful never feel the need to brag about it. - Me

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Alycat79 wrote:I'd also like to add a gentle suggestion to new members that do search through the forum and threads to make sure and double check the original posting date, which is located in the upper right hand corner. Not only should that be checked, but also check the posting date of the last reply. I've run across some really good threads from years ago that I bumped or added my question to if it wasn't answered, but a lot of the time the original members who posted in those threads no longer visit the forum, so asking them a direct question won't get an answer from them, but another member may (and a of of the times, has) answered my question.
GREAT POINT ALY

Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

remember there is a lot of great information in the back of each section that was written by people that have been doing this for a while.

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

just thought i would dredge this up for the new members to creepy hollows.

welcome btw :wave:

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Perhaps this thread should be stickied?... as it is essentially a link to some of the other main questions asked by new keepers, so maybe if it was stickied at the top then this wouldn't get buried.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
ASH
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

AWESOME THREAD DARK :thumbup: IT'S BEEN STICKIED

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Goldilocks
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Any that isn't shy
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

:wave: ::wave:: ::uni:: quite inventive good job dark abyss. sometimes it can get overwhelming. lolss i lurked on yhe forum for almost two years before i got approved. good points

mel_dearest
new here
new here
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: angles and Imortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: pegius
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Anglaphro
Zodiac:

:ot: first of all I enjoy being a spirit keeper. I have so many stories to tell about them and I only got them last month.They helped me get my drivers licance and a job.two days ago I had on two of my spirits. an anarchana female and two court-wings male and female. I was wearing the anarchana and a female court-wing. however it turned out the male court wing fallowed me to work. He's quite a talker, a gentlemen, and ladies man. so anyway where I work is really noisy because I work with dogs. we where trying to talk by telepathy. they where so noisy I couldn't think. so he made them shut up by slamming the door. ::thanx:: :angel:

TheFancifulFox
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 250
Your favorite spirit to work with: Mine
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Fox
Zodiac:

Amazingly useful, Dark! You are such a helpful person, trying to look out for all of us :heart:

Your courtwind sounds like a sweetheart, Mel :D Spirits have such unique personalities, lol.

I know a lot of people who are new to this may get disappointed if something spectacular doesn't happen right away; for whatever reason. Some of us are hoping for something that will liberate us from the mundane by changing our world for us. So are hoping for a new best friend, a lover, a wish granter that can fix all of our problems, etc. And still others are just wrapped up in the excitement of something knew and unknown. In truth, our spirits have the potential to do and be many of these things for us (not fixing all of our problems though, lol, that's a bit much). They truly can change our world, but it happens gradually. Such spectacular things take time, and a LOT of hard work on both ends; something we sometimes don't quite realize. Such close bonds are formed by daily meditations, a lot of communication, and cooperation; like any friendship. Also, I realize that I may never actually "see" or "hear" my spirits; as this is either something you are born with, have a predisposition for, or takes insane amounts of discipline and dedication that I simply don't have. But there are many other modes of communication ;)

I myself am soooooo horrible at the "hard work" part >_< I'm such a newb..... But my spirits have been very patient and very subtle. It shows how considerate they are that I haven't gotten any crazy manifestations like what some of the advanced keepers have had. My spirits know I'm not ready for that (especially when I was in the middle of finals. Could you imagine taking a timed exam and suddenly seeing a great big dragon face staring at you?) It would have been awesome after calming down, but I probably would have shrieked. Which isn't great when you're a psychology major. Everyone is so quick to diagnose, even if they are undergrads and have no idea what they are talking about, lol.

Anyway, just my two cents, lol. I'm looking forward to the journey. I've already gained some amazing insights with their help (gotta give props to my Chinese teacher dragon) and I can't wait to see what the future brings :heart:

The foolish hurry. The smart wait. The wise go into the garden.

Return to “Spirit Keeping”