The Lesser Banishing Ritual of Pentagram

Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.
Zodiac:

y: Donald Michael Kraig

This ritual, called the LBRP for short, is designed to clear your area (and yourself) of negative energies. It is composed of four sections. The LBRP has become a standard part of the Western Mystical Tradition, and has been adapted and altered by many individuals and magickal groups. Here is a basic version. The only magical tool you need is a dagger, although you can use your right index finger instead. The odd words are English versions of Hebrew using transliterations based on modern Hebrew as the pronunciation of ancient Hebrew is debatable.

Part One: The Kabalistic Cross.
STEP ONE. Visualize yourself getting larger and larger, taller and taller, until you tower above the room you are in. Continue this growing visualization until the city you live in is small beneath your feet. See the continent as tiny compared to your majestic body. Now even the Earth is small beneath your feet. However, no matter how small the Earth is, it is still firm and solid beneath your feet, anchoring you to the ground.

Next visualize yourself growing so large that the planets of our solar system are like tiny toy rubber balls spinning near your feet. Soon they are too small to see as even the Milky Way galaxy becomes a small dot of light at your feet. Now visualize a dot of light coming from somewhere far above your head. Know that this is only a tiny bit of the light from this [Divine] source... [and it] forms a brilliant white sphere of pulsating light just above your head. It is nine inches in diameter, about the size of a dinner plate... Point to that sphere above your head with your dagger or finger and "bring it down" by pointing to your forehead, just above and between the eyes. Next, visualize this brilliance filling your head with divine light. While pointing to your forehead vibrate: Ah-TAH (boldfaced syllable denotes emphasis).

STEP TWO. Bring the point of the dagger (or your finger) firmly down your body until you are pointing toward the ground. Your hand with the blade should be covering your groin. As you do this, visualize the light in your head coming down along with the blade (or finger), down through your body and beyond your feet, down to eternity. Vibrate: Mahl-KOOT.

STEP THREE. Now bring the blade up to your right shoulder. As you do this, visualize the beam of white light running down the center of your body form a beam from the heart area out to your right, past the blade at your right shoulder. See this beam of light extend to the end of the universe, and beyond. Focus on this beam and vibrate: Vih G’Boo-RAH

STEP FOUR. Move the point of the blade horizontally to your left shoulder. As you do, visualize the beam of white light now extending through infinite space to your left. As you focus on this beam of light, vibrate: Vih-G’Doo-LAH

STEP FIVE. Clasp your hands at your chest as if praying...visualize within your chest, at the point covered by your folded hands, a brilliant golden glow. Vibrate: Lih-Oh-LAHM, Ah-MEN...

[W]hat you have done is to visualize yourself as the center of the universe with only the divine light coming through you. You may wish to remain in this position for a few minutes to feel its power.

Part Two: The Formulation of the Pentagrams
STEP ONE: [Move to the eastern edge of your area, your circle, facing out.] Here draw a pentagram [in the air. Start outside your lower left hip, move up above your head, then go outside your lower right hip, then to your left shoulder, right shoulder, and back to the beginning]...Be sure to visualize the figure as a flaming gas-jet blue pentagram as you draw.

STEP TWO. Inhale through the nose. As you do, feel energy flow from the ends of the universe through your nose and body, and down and out of the bottoms of your feet to the center of the Earth...As you inhale, both hands should be raised to the sides of your head by your ears. The dagger (or right-hand index finger) should be pointing forward. Your left hand (which should have remained at your side until now) is drawn into a similar position by your left ear, the index finger pointing forward, the rest of the fingers closed into a fist.

STEP THREE. Step forward with the left foot. At the same time, thrust your hands forward so that they point at the exact middle of the glowing blue pentagram in front of you...As you do this you should exhale and feel the energy come back up your body, out your arms and hands, through the pentagram and to the ends of the universe. You should use the entire exhalation to vibrate the God Name: Yud-Heh-Vahv-Heh. [Put equal stress on the syllables.]

STEP FOUR. Bring your hands back to your ears while bring your left foot back to its original position. Put your left hand down by your side and point to the center of the pentagram with your right forefinger (or dagger). Now trace a line in the air at the height of the center of the pentagram as you move in a clockwise direction around the edge of your circle’s space. You should go 90 degrees so that you end up in the south, facing south. As you trace the line in the air you should visualize a brilliant white light emanating from the tip of your finger or blade. At the South, repeat step two and three above, but vibrate Ah-Doh-NYE.

STEP FIVE. Repeat as above, but move to the west and vibrate: Eh-Heh-YEH

STEP SIX. Repeat as above, but move to the North and vibrate AH-Glah.

STEP SEVEN. Complete the circle by connecting a white line from the North to the East where you began...[Return to the middle of your area.]

STEP EIGHT. Now visualize the brilliant white circle expanding up and down to form a sphere above, below and all around you. What you have done is create a sphere in brilliant white all around you with electric blue pentagrams at the quarters which have been charged and sealed with names of God...

Part Three: The Evocation of the Archangels
STEP ONE. Spread your arms straight out to the sides, so that your body forms a cross...

STEP TWO. Visualize a figure on a hill in front of you. The figure is dressed in yellow robes which have some purplish highlights...You should "feel" a breeze coming from behind the figure. Say, Before me, Rah-fay-EL (vibrate the name of the Archangel).

STEP THREE. Visualize a figure behind you, dressed in blue with some orange highlights...Try to feel the moisture in the air. Say, Behind me, Gahb-ray-EL (vibrate the name).

STEP FOUR. To your right visualize a figure dressed in scarlet with green highlights... [Y]ou should feel heat coming from this direction. Say, On my right hand, Mee-chai-EL (vibrate the name. The "CH" is a guttural sound as in the German "ach" or the Scottish "loch").

STEP FIVE. To your lift visualize a figure dressed in greens and browns on a fertile landscape...Say, And on my left hand Ohr-ree-EL (vibrate the name).

STEP SIX. Move your left foot out to your left and visualize another beautiful blue pentagram all around you, outlining your body. Say, For about me flames the pentagram...

STEP SEVEN. Visualize a golden hexagram...within you, right where your heart is. Say, ...And within me shines the six-rayed star.

Part Four: Repeat Part One, the Kabalistic Cross

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qRGf9oKalk Golden Dawn LBRP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETNJaXbblOo Someone doing LBRP

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3665692/Golde ... -Pentagram

This is the supreme version that clears all elements.

There's a Shorter version that I do which doesn't require tools and such. Just visualization.

My version: If you don't have the magickal dagger at your disposal just make your fist like the dagger in question and visualize white light coming out of said finger while performing the ritual.

Order
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Male/Female: Male
If I could be anything, I would be...: Myself of course.
Zodiac:

This is a very good ritual, about time someone (with time) decided to post it :D

אֶהְיֶה אֲשֶׁר אֶהְיֶה
Mogma
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: unsure...I don't know/haven't learnt it yet
Zodiac:

Much appreciated for the guide Bryan :clap:

Spirits I have:
Female Bronwyn Angel
Female Leprechaun
Male Gnome
Male Human/Astral Angel Hybrid Ancestor
Male Brass Dragon
Volkh
Fylgia
Mogma
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 7
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: angel
If I could be anything, I would be...: angel
My magical/paranormal name...: unsure...I don't know/haven't learnt it yet
Zodiac:

Sorry for the double post but I'm trying to figure something out with the Supreme Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram. (SBRP). In the instruction on the link you provided (http://www.scribd.com/doc/3665692/Golde ... -Pentagram) its mentioned on each size to perform the LVX signs. Now I know the LVX are the sign of Osiris Slain, Mourning of Isis, Apophis and Typhon, and Osiris Risen.

What I don't know is if there is some special way to perform these or just do them in order? Also another question about the Supreme, it says to draw the spirit sigil (the circle with the four lines) is there a special direction and order you have to draw the lines and circle in?

Spirits I have:
Female Bronwyn Angel
Female Leprechaun
Male Gnome
Male Human/Astral Angel Hybrid Ancestor
Male Brass Dragon
Volkh
Fylgia
Morag Rockwind
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My magical/paranormal name...: Don't have one yet but willing to learn it.
Zodiac:

I know Golden Dawn usually does North, South, East, West. Not really sure though. Haven't gone over the Supreme version.

Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: To be revealed...
Zodiac:

Thank you for your post, it will become very useful!

Frater Y.A.
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 1000
Your favorite spirit to work with: My own
If I could be anything, I would be...: My true self

Great post!!!!!!!!!

::hail:: ::hail:: ::hail:: ::hail:: ::hail:: ::hail::
:candle: :candle: :candle: :candle: :candle:
This ritual single handedly carries the world of High Magick on its shoulders, it is the philosophers stone, the golden fleece and the key of the wise... To complete the great work one only needs this ritual and a mind to understand it's secrets.. Outside of the LBRP all the millions of pages of knowledge is simply regarded as useful commentary...

::rofl::

The more i think i understand, the more i realize i hv been in the dark for a very long time, thus what i perceive as light is simply my desire to behold it once more...

"Remember as time remembers so shall you remember, and as time corrects so shall you correct"

"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” Dr. Seuss

Be wise, be vigilant, be silent....

Frater Y.A.
Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

:thumbup: good post,thanks

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image
Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: To be revealed...
Zodiac:

Can anyone please tell me if it will help if i use four vessels attuned to these archangels during my ritual? I was thinking of placing them at their respective compass points around me. Will this help??

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

I did this correctly last night and my body felt like it was burning up at the end. I did the long version :) Phew. Thank you for sharing this... I find lots of different descriptions of the LBRP online and it's hard for me to gauge which is correct. Of course there was much fumbling around and turning during the exercises to re-read the instructions on my laptop screen... I'm glad the archangels humored my noob efforts ::facepalm::

Return to “PROTECTION”