Leaving Offerings While Wearing Vessel During Bonding Period

Got any neat tricks on how to connect with Spirits? Post here!
LunaAngel
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Human
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

I just received my 1st spirit's vessel.. a lovely pendant that I've been wearing almost all the time so as to bond during the 1st 30 days.

However... I know that offerings help as well, during the bonding period. I have a little altar area set up for my spirit - along with a photo of her - and would like to know if I can just leave her offerings there OR do I also need to take off the pendant and place it there as well? (Because I often leave offerings overnight while I sleep and I want to be able to wear her vessel while sleeping).

In other words... can you leave offerings for your spirit AND wear the vessel at the same time?

(and yes she is bridged to me but I'm just starting my initial 30 day bonding period so I want to wear the vessel as much as possible and especially while sleeping).

LunaAngel
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

any takers on this? :(

brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Hi Lunalee,

IMO, I think it would be perfectly fine to put the pendant on the altar. Your intent will mean as much to her as the offering itself. Besides, if it's within about 5 feet of you, you're still in "range." (Hmm, sounds a little Star Trek, huh? :silly: ) My sleeping quarters is very small with my altar set-up near the head of my bed. I've have a couple of spirits that, during the invocation process, the vessel needed to be left beside a tea light candle until it burned itself out. I set up a FIREPROOF little area nearby so I could enjoy the candle's glow within my periphery.

Good luck--and, if nothing else, do what comes from the heart. This relationship is about helping her bond with YOU.

Blissed Be,
~Tony

Companion, friend & student to many spirits & entities: Djinn, Vampire, Dragon, Creature, Immortal, Alien, and Human (Historical & Giants). Creepy Hollows RULES!
sadlotus79
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

in my opinion you could leave the pendant on.no reason to take it off. spirits do not live in the vessel.she is not tied down to it.so wear it if you want.

When one tugs at a single thing in nature,he find it attached to the rest of the world.
John Muir

Men soon the faults of others learn
A few their virtues, too, find out;
But is there one—I have a doubt—
Who can his own defects discern?
Sanskrit Proverb

tagore.
brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

brotony101 wrote:Hi Lunalee,

IMO, I think it would be perfectly fine to put the pendant on the altar. Your intent will mean as much to her as the offering itself. Besides, if it's within about 5 feet of you, you're still in "range." (Hmm, sounds a little Star Trek, huh? :silly: ) My sleeping quarters is very small with my altar set-up near the head of my bed. I've have a couple of spirits that, during the invocation process, the vessel needed to be left beside a tea light candle until it burned itself out. I set up a FIREPROOF little area nearby so I could enjoy the candle's glow within my periphery.

Good luck--and, if nothing else, do what comes from the heart. This relationship is about helping her bond with YOU.

EDIT:
I meant to say you can WEAR it, but I fangled my thinking and wrote it wrong. It can go either way, but you can CERTAINLY wear it.

Blissed Be,
~Tony

Companion, friend & student to many spirits & entities: Djinn, Vampire, Dragon, Creature, Immortal, Alien, and Human (Historical & Giants). Creepy Hollows RULES!
LunaAngel
neophyte
neophyte
Zodiac:

Thank you Brotony and Sad Lotus. I wasnt quite sure what to do as far as offerings while wearing the pendant. Great explanations. :)

aboveearth420
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 1500
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: Werewolf
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: K-Jest

I usually set them by their candle and incense for a few hours on their power day during the bonding period. It's all about intent and building a personal relationship with the spirit you are bonding with, so to me there really isn't a wrong way, whatever feels right.

I'm not really an actor, i just play one on TV. .

And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddlin kids!

When life hands you lemons, make lemonade and ask for Vodka!!!

Nominated! SAG Member "The obstacle is the path"

"They ALL float down here"---Pennywise

I went to the crossroads with a fiddle, and came back with an Orchestra!---AboveEarth420
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Dear luna, I don't see why you can't do both!! I have wore mine and gave them offerings as well. Sometime I put them on my altar and sometimes I will put them on my headboard where I have a space just for my spirits so I can keep them close by me at night besides wearing the ones I am currently bonding with at the time.

They know what your intentions are ;)

So do what feels right for you and your spirit, I am sure she will let you know!!!! starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector

Return to “Connecting”