New Book on the Djinn

Resources and links to information on djinn.
Lady Elisa
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 6
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Too hard to choose!
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: It's a secret!
Zodiac:

The book is pretty good and does have some gems of useful info, but I don't really like the author's attitude and standing at times. As previously stated here, he tries to remain neutral and DOES say not all Djinn are bad, but I think like most popular media outlets for the supernatural, you need to have that sensationalism aspect, which inevitably portrays them in a negative light at times. That "fear" factor that keeps readers on edge, sales up, and info being twisted to sound a certain way.

I don't know, I don't get the feeling the majority of Djinn have some evil agenda to take back earth, they are highly evolved, multidimensional beings. I think it's naive to assume we as a species are even important players in this cosmic game of life yet.

One of the main reasons Djinn interact with us is to help us evolve. They are like our older sibling if you will. Older, wiser, and more skilled.
Like in the case of humans, some older siblings like to share their knowledge, help their younger sibling, guide them, and protect them.
Some are not as kind, don't care about the younger sibling, maybe even want to see them fail out of some sick pleasure, and believe they are superior and helping them is "below" them.

But again, I think it very popular now a days to sensationalize everything as we are trained to be negative and fear everything to do with the paranormal to keep most people from realizing their true potential.

Of course always be careful as there are bad Djinn, but many great ones too :)

Blessings! :grouphug:

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

There's always been controversy surrounding the jinns, because of their mysterious and uncanny nature. Let alone their "true forms" are inconsistent and relative to the perceiver.

The word "Jinn" Itself roughly translates into "Unseen" or "Hidden". There are multiple beliefs surrounding the issue on what exactly is a jinn. It's a general word for spirit or malicious entity.

Due to the translation of "Jinn" it really depends on what culture or spiritual background you come across, described as to what a "Jinn" is.

Some people believe everything unseen is a Jinn, regardless of Classifications such as spirit,astral, etheric,nature etc.

Some people believe them to be Demons.

Some believe them to be the "Middle Ground" Between The Divine And The Diabolical.(Duality)

Some people believe them to be a specific type/race of Entity.

But most do agree on, Jinns themselves are affiliated as a combination of Infernal and Elemental(Nature, Fire, Wind.etc). They are free willed beings that are spectral and semi-corporal, so they can shape shift and are able to manifest in a variety of ways, even physically. So practically speaking Jinns can be similar to a lot of the same beings and spirits mentioned in different cultures and spirituality's.

The quran says there are 3 forms of jinns.

So there are different beliefs and answers to what jinns are, but most of the fear and superstition would have to be surrounding the "Devil" type Jinns. These jinns are identical to "Demons" and are quite possibly the same thing with there malicious and manipulative natures, As these are the most common to be wondering around and causing havoc.

Just for everyone to keep in mind because of the vagueness of the word "Jinn" most out in the world use this word to apply it to what they perceive to be dark and malicious/neutral type of beings, and as for "Good Jinn" they are simply seen as indifferent.

Green Wytch
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Illeana
Zodiac:

I read the site and all the comments. I had to take a day to digest all this information. The conclusion I've come to....it's biased. Everything is blamed on Djinn. Even when it's obvious it is not djinn doing these things. I decided to get a copy from Ebay if I can get one cheap, but I have no doubt my Djinn will be reading over my shoulder, or at least listening to me read. If someone read something about me, I would be nosey too. This book may hurt thier feelings, I hope not. I'm going to take some useful information from this, I'm sure. I don't know about the rest.

"Magick begins where logic ends" ~ me
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." ~ WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE / Hamlet Act 1.Scene V abt. 1601
Disclaimer: Those opinions expressed are my own, with no unsaid implications about anyone.
ImageImage
Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Illeana3 wrote:Everything is blamed on Djinn. Even when it's obvious it is not djinn doing these things.
Our own spirits can influence us subconsiously, steer us in directions, or even plant thoughts/ideas in our heads. Spiritual Entity's can do this in general, and sometimes even more profoundly. From the perspective of outside observers, the reality of these situations seem entirely different from what is truly going on or what it seems to be.

Since this statement was somewhat vague, I would play Devil's Advocate and say we don't know enough collectively as the Human Race to know to what degree otherworldly forces play a roll in our lives for severe, profound, or every day situations for skeptics, believers, or for good or for bad etc.

I don't see everything being blamed on Jinns(Unseen), rather "laymen" are cautious over forces that are indifferent beyond our comprehension. The jinn are feared for a reason, they have their reputation for a reason. They are capable of everything they are described to do in lore...(If it really is a Jinn from lore.)

Even some Jinn Conjurers I shall not name, have to do strict bindings or take some of their "Free Will" away for even the "Lightest" jinn because of their unpredictable shifty nature. They are just that much different from us even in companionship.

I am not saying this because I am against jinns( I have tons.), but rather, justifying some people's reasoning which I find understandable to a degree.

Lady Elisa
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Killarican wrote:
Illeana3 wrote:Everything is blamed on Djinn. Even when it's obvious it is not djinn doing these things.
Our own spirits can influence us subconsiously, steer us in directions, or even plant thoughts/ideas in our heads. Spiritual Entity's can do this in general, and sometimes even more profoundly. From the perspective of outside observers, the reality of these situations seem entirely different from what is truly going on or what it seems to be.

Since this statement was somewhat vague, I would play Devil's Advocate and say we don't know enough collectively as the Human Race to know to what degree otherworldly forces play a roll in our lives for severe, profound, or every day situations for skeptics, believers, or for good or for bad etc.

I don't see everything being blamed on Jinns(Unseen), rather "laymen" are cautious over forces that are indifferent beyond our comprehension. The jinn are feared for a reason, they have their reputation for a reason. They are capable of everything they are described to do in lore...(If it really is a Jinn from lore.)

Even some Jinn Conjurers I shall not name, have to do strict bindings or take some of their "Free Will" away for even the "Lightest" jinn because of their unpredictable shifty nature. They are just that much different from us even in companionship.

I am not saying this because I am against jinns( I have tons.), but rather, justifying some people's reasoning which I find understandable to a degree.
I can understand where this "blaming everything on DJinn" idea came from, especially in reference to this book and its affiliated projects. Djinn DEFINITELY have the power to accomplish what they have been blamed on in the past, but some accusations, especially to be found on other paranormal sites, and even this book's very own web forum go something like this:
"I felt a cold shiver, and saw a dark shadow."
Other guy: "Oh god it must have been a DJinn."
or
"My dog started acting weird, and I feel a presence in my house"
other guy: "oh man, those Djinn!!"

Even one woman who worked on this project was interviewed and said she thought essentially all or most paranormal happenings are attributed to the DJinn. This is ludicrous.
There is simply NOT enough evidence in such recent claims to say paranormal happenings are ONLY the Djinn. I believe more people currently accept them or are starting to accept the idea of Djinn is because 1) they exist in a major religion that millions follow 2) Islam is one of the three major religions of the world resembling Christianity and Judaism, so people belonging to these similar religions would be more inclined to believe in such entities. I'm not saying everyone of these faiths believe in Djinn, Demons, and Angels, but many people do.

And yes, as a species there is little we know in general. One of my good friends who is very spiritually enlightened refuses to deal with them at all. He claims that yes a small few simply want to experience life in this plane of existence, but most have sort of "agenda" of acting through us to accomplish certain things in this life. I too love and cherish the Djinn in my keep, and disagree with not having them. However, in terms of his claim.....is there really any way for us to know if this is true? No. We are so much more less advanced, we are stuck in our one 3rd dimension, so easily influenced, and if they had some agenda in which they helped thousands of people around the world in some giant puppeteer like fashion in order to achieve some end, well that could be possible. I feel like that sort of over imposes human importance but anyway, if these extremely powerful entities wanted to f***with us behind the scenes, which I believe some do already (not just Djinn of course) but entities controlling the world through the corrupt on top (an Illuminati type figure) then what's the point in worrying? I cherish my Djinn, they have helped my life so much. I WANT to make them powerful. I WANT them to enjoy and experience human life with me. I believe they are capable of loving humans too, caring for them. Maybe even respect, even though we don't even begin to COMPARE to them yet.

About taking away some free will from even the lightest Djinn, I respect your need for privacy but could you elaborate on that more as I have never heard of that and am curious.

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I can understand where this "blaming everything on DJinn" idea came from, especially in reference to this book and its affiliated projects. Djinn DEFINITELY have the power to accomplish what they have been blamed on in the past, but some accusations, especially to be found on other paranormal sites, and even this book's very own web forum go something like this:
"I felt a cold shiver, and saw a dark shadow."
Other guy: "Oh god it must have been a DJinn."
or
"My dog started acting weird, and I feel a presence in my house"
other guy: "oh man, those Djinn!!"
Well I haven't read the book, so I'm not really sure to what extent some of the claims can be exaggerated. The Djinn however are not a "specific" type of entity. At least I take the stance that they are not, even for the non-religious, there's not really an exact one to one correlation between every single metaphysical concept and every reality out there to match them. Humans tend to diversify everything and it complicates things let alone for forces beyond what we can comprehend. Someone doesn't have to believe in a religious idea of God or a Devil but still choose to believe in the Jinns of Islam.

The majority of people that accept existence of jinns see them as Any spirit that is lesser in class then an angel. So this means A jinn can vary anywhere from a Demon, Infernal, Shadow, Elemental, or Nature Spirit(Identical to other beings such as Yakshi etc.).
No. We are so much more less advanced, we are stuck in our one 3rd dimension, so easily influenced, and if they had some agenda in which they helped thousands of people around the world in some giant puppeteer like fashion in order to achieve some end, well that could be possible. I feel like that sort of over imposes human importance but anyway, if these extremely powerful entities wanted to f***with us behind the scenes, which I believe some do already (not just Djinn of course) but entities controlling the world through the corrupt on top (an Illuminati type figure) then what's the point in worrying?
It could be loads of Djinn, as I refer to the example of definition in my previous post. Plato's theory of forms actually compliments this line of thinking pretty well.
I believe they are capable of loving humans too, caring for them. Maybe even respect, even though we don't even begin to COMPARE to them yet.
Of course I believe this too, but it is not how you or I would recognize Love, Respect, and Affection.

About taking away some free will from even the lightest Djinn, I respect your need for privacy but could you elaborate on that more as I have never heard of that and am curious.
It means that if one is not cautious enough, even a perceived "benevolent" Djinn entity can be just as dangerous and unpredictable as a grey natured one, because of their own Primal Instinct and Psychological Configurations.

Lady Elisa
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Well I haven't read the book, so I'm not really sure to what extent some of the claims can be exaggerated. The Djinn however are not a "specific" type of entity. At least I take the stance that they are not, even for the non-religious, there's not really an exact one to one correlation between every single metaphysical concept and every reality out there to match them. Humans tend to diversify everything and it complicates things let alone for forces beyond what we can comprehend. Someone doesn't have to believe in a religious idea of God or a Devil but still choose to believe in the Jinns of Islam.[quote]

Yea that's a good point. We also tend to compartmentalize things for simplicities sake, but I guess it depends on what you believe in.

Of course I believe this too, but it is not how you or I would recognize Love, Respect, and Affection.
[quote]

Have you talked to your Djinn about this? I suspect as much, if you could describe it as best as possible how would you?

It means that if one is not cautious enough, even a perceived "benevolent" Djinn entity can be just as dangerous and unpredictable as a grey natured one, because of their own Primal Instinct and Psychological Configurations.[quote]

Basically like people. Even the best of us if pushed WILL submit to these instincts and configurations.

You should read it Killarican, it's annoying at its worst and entertaining/informative at its best. :D

Also Djinn aren't permitted to do certain things correct? For instance cause the death of their keeper. Even darker Djinn are said not to do this, even if they wanted to for whatever reason. Do you think there are societal rules that transcend the Djinn's individual belief systems that apply to all?

Killa
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Have you talked to your Djinn about this? I suspect as much, if you could describe it as best as possible how would you?
Oh plenty of times...One of the first Jinn I ever encountered, profoundly changed my life with her In-depth Knowledge and peculiar nature. I dont mean to generalize, but most mediums, psychics, and muslims I've met share the consensus that the Jinn are Emotionally Primitive. Some of my jinns share these similarities.

Highly Intelligent but impulsive on instinct, and somewhat lack understanding for our race because of their own personal ego's. They see themselves as superior as a race, because they are made of fire, and we also have disadvantages in perceiving them. The way they see us is the way we see the "Lesser" creatures of this world.

So getting an answer from my Jinn concerning affection, they can have love strongly when it comes to a deep level relationship with a Human Companion.. But a bit too strongly to be concerned for your own long term greater good, if you can understand what i mean with this.

It's a Double Edged Sword. But it's all perspective.
Also Djinn aren't permitted to do certain things correct? For instance cause the death of their keeper. Even darker Djinn are said not to do this, even if they wanted to for whatever reason. Do you think there are societal rules that transcend the Djinn's individual belief systems that apply to all?
For the Danger of Death I guess it depends as well as circumstantial. If Oppression isnt enough or causing illness. Working with Jinns in general for spell work, is different from binding one and restricting the entirety of it's power. I have heard many stories of backfire and tragedy in ritual from those who were inexperienced in handling the jinns among them.

From what I understand some practitioners on Ebay ensure in every single way that the entity they are selling is restricted from allowing anything negative to happen, but still keep it safe enough for social interaction. Spirited Enterprise does the same thing for the Demons they sell. Some Islamic Practitioners take this to another level however.

As for the Societal Rule's I'm really unsure of it. It is said their own spiritual and social hierarchy is similar in mimicking our own. It is said they assist humans and grant their wishes because helping us is beneficial to their own world. But with 7 billion people in the world and less then 10% of the population over centuries aware and accepting the existence of jinns I feel from this standpoint it is not without mutual benefit or some higher purpose involved in human affairs for good or bad.

Lady Elisa
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Thank you for your answers! Very, very interesting.

Random but do you have a past life connection with your Djinn? Have you ever thought to ask?

Also this book claims that there is a faction of the Djinn wanting to take back earth as they see themselves as the superior race. However why would they want this earth? And does that extend to this 3rd dimension? It just doesnt make sense.

Do you know is possession dangerous? I have heard it is something Djinn would like. If it wouldnt hurt me psychologically/physiologically short term and/or long term I guess Ive been considering allowing my Djinn to do so for a controlled, small period of time.
Is this is dumb idea? I mean you are correct in assuming a cautious position, but idk I just hope they are benefiting enough from being with me. I ask a lot from them, and they always deliver, flawlessly.

I guess everything you have just said about their emotional primitiveness has shed a new sort of light. I had always imagined them possessing both advanced intellectual AND emotional capacities.

One more thing. You seem to have in depth conversations with them. Is it through the pendulum or meditation/dream trances? Thanks

Lady Elisa
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Also, about loving us perhaps too strongly and that going agaisnt our greater good, that seems so human to me! lol
Wow it's really fascinating. What if you have specified that everything one wishes for be executed with the person's highest good in mind? Idk I definitely am not trying to outsmart the system so to speak lol but I want my Djinn affection, and them wanting my highest good simultaneously. To me the two seemed to go hand in hand but I suppose that is a human way of looking at it.

With some Djinn I'd imagine it being like a business partnership, but as of right now the Djinn I have I feel very fond of.
*sigh* It's times like these when being human sucks :crying:

Return to “Djinn Information”