AN EXPLORATION OF THE POWER OF TREES

Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Zodiac:

I ordered mine, put it on layaway; this is actually the first C5 tier 3 item I've bought but felt the need especially with the great discount :thumbup:

TheWatcher
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 15
My magical/paranormal name...: Do i need one ?

Interesting my grandfather planted an olive tree when i was born and gave it my name ;) i will try this with the tree this summer when i go to the place its planted i also felt connected in some way with this tree from a young age in a way that i feel with the spirits that are binded to me.
Thanks for the info Ash

Green Wytch
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Illeana
Zodiac:

Well, I actually thought everyone familiar with Gaia exchanged energy with trees. Shows what I know...
Whenever I don't feel balanced or drained or negative, I walk around outside barefoot draining my negativity into Gaia and letting her clean it out of me. I then sit against my old tree (I think it is Maple) it's very comforting and energizing. And yes, different species have different energy. Oak is very strong, somewhat standoffish, but always appreciative (as are all trees) I feel of my thanks for his energy in the form of a nice drink of water. Willow has the wisdom of the ages, but I don't have one here, I've just always been facinated. ::hail::

"Magick begins where logic ends" ~ me
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." ~ WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE / Hamlet Act 1.Scene V abt. 1601
Disclaimer: Those opinions expressed are my own, with no unsaid implications about anyone.
ImageImage
Angel Paradise
neophyte
neophyte

Ash thank for sharing , it is interesting , Hi everybody...long time never been here,,,

How is every one here?

Angel paradise

Blessings
All of life come to me with ease, joy and glory
Abundance
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Illeana3 wrote:Well, I actually thought everyone familiar with Gaia exchanged energy with trees. Shows what I know...
Whenever I don't feel balanced or drained or negative, I walk around outside barefoot draining my negativity into Gaia and letting her clean it out of me. I then sit against my old tree (I think it is Maple) it's very comforting and energizing. And yes, different species have different energy. Oak is very strong, somewhat standoffish, but always appreciative (as are all trees) I feel of my thanks for his energy in the form of a nice drink of water. Willow has the wisdom of the ages, but I don't have one here, I've just always been facinated. ::hail::
I ended up not getting this but have be able to sense the energy emanating from from some of the trees in my yard especially a corkscrew willow. When I place my hands on it, I feel such powerful energy I almost get dizzy from it. I've been working on strengthening and establishing a bond over the past few months and it's going really well. Today I had to cut some limbs from 2 holly trees and found myself apologizing to them.

Search4DLight
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: To be revealed...
Zodiac:

StarsmacK wrote:What an intriguing post. I think there is an infinite amount of secrets and knowledge that ancient people possessed. It's unfortunate that a lot of that information has been destroyed, suppressed, or written off as primitive 'hocus -pocus.'

The Celtics had a large connection with trees and other plants (most notably mistletoe). They believed trees to be vessels of boundless knowledge. The Celtic version of the zodiac was represented by trees. http://www.mysticscripts.com/astrology/ ... astrology/

Back to the subject of drawing energy from trees, I wonder if different trees give you different types of energy?

I believe most of the "LOST" knowledge is being stored in the Vatican Library...

I have a tree that i always and place my hands (there are grooves that are a perfect size) in the bark and then imagine my aura going into he trees and vice versa. I did not realize that this was an old practice and had history and methodology behind it. It always felt perfectly natural to me and that is why i did it, i also got a charging up. Never did i imagine that my hand could actually take on the barks properties.

Are there any particular tress that are chosen or does it vary between families?

YellowStarBee
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Pheonix
If I could be anything, I would be...: being with wings
My magical/paranormal name...: Angel Wings over the water
Zodiac:

::bump::

Rainbowsky
neophyte
neophyte

ash-mda wrote:... THEY COULD TOUCH TREE BARK & THE HAND TOUCHING THE BARK WOULD TAKE ON THE CONSISTENCY OF THE TREE'S BARK MAKING THEM "PART OF THE TREE". EACH MEMBER OF THIS GROUP HAD A TREE THEY WOULD NAME & WOULD BECOME "THEIR" TREE TO ABSORB POWER FROM. IT WOULD BE A MUTUAL RELATIONSHIP WHERE THE TREE & PERSON WOULD EXCHANGE ENERGY. THIS IS SUPPOSEDLY WHY THE TREES AROUND THAT AREA SEEM TO BE "ALIVE" (IN A MORE HUMAN ASPECT). ...

THAT SAID, THE ANCIENT VENETIANS WOULD ABSORB POWERS OF SUPERNATURAL STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, INFLUENCE OVER NATURE, ABSORBING HIGHER RATES OF ENERGY FROM SUN EXPOSURE, HIGHER RATES OF EVOLUTION IN THEIR LIFETIME, AND LIVING LONGER LIVES AS THEY WOULD ABSORB THE LONGEVITY FROM THE TREE.

... HE SAID IN TWO INSTANCES HIS HAND RETAINED SPOTTY BROWN AREAS FOR MORE THAN A WEEK AFTER. IN HIS HOME GROUP THEY ARE EACH GIVEN A TREE WHEN THEY ARE BORN, THE TREE GROWS WITH YOU & YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT TREE IS CREATED FROM THE START. ... THIS ENERGY EXCHANGE IS TYPICALLY DONE ONCE A MONTH.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AWESOME & HAD TO SHARE FOR THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.

WOW! That's the first time I've come across that kind of experience (the bark-like spotty hand)!

Thanks for sharing that, Ash. I'm a Newbie here, and it made me want to know so much more. I hope you'll continue to update us as the journey progresses.

It brought to mind some interesting tree experiences that happened to me:

I had recently moved to a house where the previous owners were keen gardeners. Although the garden was now overgrown and neglected since the property had been vacant, there were beautifully made raised garden beds and still a few existing plants and fruit trees, among the weeds.

In my spare time (which between school, work and ‘life’ was very limited), I started the huge project of restoring the garden. My favourite thing to do was spending time in the garden, especially during the peacefully beautiful dawn hours.

One morning, as I stood there just blissing out, a fig tree spoke to me. I heard the words clearly in my mind, “Please save me”. I didn’t know from what, or from whom, it wanted to be saved, so right then and there, I just took a cutting of it and planted it in another part of the garden.

Then an olive tree said “Please save me too”. I had no other cleared space to put a cutting of it, so I just tied it espalier style along the fence, and telling it “That’s the best I can do for now”.

I was a bit puzzled about what was threatening them, as there was no discernible pest damage and the soil was in good condition, well fed and suitably moist, and the position had a good balance of light and shade.

Within a week of this incident, I came home to find an utterly destroyed disaster-area where my garden used to be. The raised garden beds were demolished, and flattened, all my bulbs and seedlings destroyed and all that was left of the tall trees were sawn off stumps.

Without my knowledge or permission, my mother, aunt and brothers had come with chainsaws and sledgehammers in hand and decimated my beautiful garden! “Cleaning up”, they called it. I felt outraged! And I expressed my feelings vehemently to the culprits. I didn’t know it was going to happen, but apparently the trees did, and they had tried to warn me about it, to save themselves.

The only thing that survived that wholesale slaughter was the little cutting of the fig tree that I had planted elsewhere. Over time, it grew into a beautiful, strong and healthy candelabra shaped tree. And in due season, it bore its first fruits.

One morning, I was standing under the fig tree, admiring the fruit, and I asked it “When will be the best time to eat the first fruit?”

“In two weeks”, it said. The following week, I asked the same question, expecting to be told to wait another week, but this time the answer surprised me. “You may as well eat them today or you won’t get any at all.” So I did, even though I could see that they weren’t quite as ripe and sweet as they would be the following week.

When I came home from work the next night, I saw the beautiful candelabra-shaped branches had been sawn off – still developing fruit and all. I felt shocked, sick, as though I was looking at a person who had been mutilated by having his or her limbs hacked off. I stood there and cried.

Unbeknownst to me, the marauding gardening party had wreaked their slaughter once more, despite my strong protests at their previous invasion.

And once again the tree seemed to know what was about to happen and tried to warn me about it.

I can attest to the truth and accuracy of this story as I was the one who experienced it. And raises some questions with interesting implications:

Firstly, was it the tree / tree spirit (or whatever you want to call it) that was communicating with me?

If so, does this imply that at least some trees have precognitive abilities, at least in regards to their own safety?

Many trees live to be hundreds of years old, so I can get my head around the concept of connecting with them to receive information about the past, and age-honed wisdom, but this was the first time I’d been forced to consider them a source of knowledge about the future. Do trees have precognitive abilities too?

I was devastated when the tree was vandalised but my bond had only been established for a very short time. How do the group members who have a lifetime bond with their own tree handle it when their tree is damaged or dies?

Ash, I’d be really interested in hearing more from you, and members of the group you mentioned, if they’re happy to share more of their experiences and/or basic techniques. I feel if more people saw trees in this light, the earth would be a more pleasant place for everyone.

Thoughts and experiences anyone?

:rainbow:

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Rainbowsky wrote:
ash-mda wrote:... THEY COULD TOUCH TREE BARK & THE HAND TOUCHING THE BARK WOULD TAKE ON THE CONSISTENCY OF THE TREE'S BARK MAKING THEM "PART OF THE TREE". EACH MEMBER OF THIS GROUP HAD A TREE THEY WOULD NAME & WOULD BECOME "THEIR" TREE TO ABSORB POWER FROM. IT WOULD BE A MUTUAL RELATIONSHIP WHERE THE TREE & PERSON WOULD EXCHANGE ENERGY. THIS IS SUPPOSEDLY WHY THE TREES AROUND THAT AREA SEEM TO BE "ALIVE" (IN A MORE HUMAN ASPECT). ...

THAT SAID, THE ANCIENT VENETIANS WOULD ABSORB POWERS OF SUPERNATURAL STRENGTH, ENDURANCE, INFLUENCE OVER NATURE, ABSORBING HIGHER RATES OF ENERGY FROM SUN EXPOSURE, HIGHER RATES OF EVOLUTION IN THEIR LIFETIME, AND LIVING LONGER LIVES AS THEY WOULD ABSORB THE LONGEVITY FROM THE TREE.

... HE SAID IN TWO INSTANCES HIS HAND RETAINED SPOTTY BROWN AREAS FOR MORE THAN A WEEK AFTER. IN HIS HOME GROUP THEY ARE EACH GIVEN A TREE WHEN THEY ARE BORN, THE TREE GROWS WITH YOU & YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THAT TREE IS CREATED FROM THE START. ... THIS ENERGY EXCHANGE IS TYPICALLY DONE ONCE A MONTH.

I THOUGHT THIS WAS AWESOME & HAD TO SHARE FOR THOUGHTS & COMMENTS.

WOW! That's the first time I've come across that kind of experience (the bark-like spotty hand)!

Thanks for sharing that, Ash. I'm a Newbie here, and it made me want to know so much more. I hope you'll continue to update us as the journey progresses.

It brought to mind some interesting tree experiences that happened to me:

I had recently moved to a house where the previous owners were keen gardeners. Although the garden was now overgrown and neglected since the property had been vacant, there were beautifully made raised garden beds and still a few existing plants and fruit trees, among the weeds.

In my spare time (which between school, work and ‘life’ was very limited), I started the huge project of restoring the garden. My favourite thing to do was spending time in the garden, especially during the peacefully beautiful dawn hours.

One morning, as I stood there just blissing out, a fig tree spoke to me. I heard the words clearly in my mind, “Please save me”. I didn’t know from what, or from whom, it wanted to be saved, so right then and there, I just took a cutting of it and planted it in another part of the garden.

Then an olive tree said “Please save me too”. I had no other cleared space to put a cutting of it, so I just tied it espalier style along the fence, and telling it “That’s the best I can do for now”.

I was a bit puzzled about what was threatening them, as there was no discernible pest damage and the soil was in good condition, well fed and suitably moist, and the position had a good balance of light and shade.

Within a week of this incident, I came home to find an utterly destroyed disaster-area where my garden used to be. The raised garden beds were demolished, and flattened, all my bulbs and seedlings destroyed and all that was left of the tall trees were sawn off stumps.

Without my knowledge or permission, my mother, aunt and brothers had come with chainsaws and sledgehammers in hand and decimated my beautiful garden! “Cleaning up”, they called it. I felt outraged! And I expressed my feelings vehemently to the culprits. I didn’t know it was going to happen, but apparently the trees did, and they had tried to warn me about it, to save themselves.

The only thing that survived that wholesale slaughter was the little cutting of the fig tree that I had planted elsewhere. Over time, it grew into a beautiful, strong and healthy candelabra shaped tree. And in due season, it bore its first fruits.

One morning, I was standing under the fig tree, admiring the fruit, and I asked it “When will be the best time to eat the first fruit?”

“In two weeks”, it said. The following week, I asked the same question, expecting to be told to wait another week, but this time the answer surprised me. “You may as well eat them today or you won’t get any at all.” So I did, even though I could see that they weren’t quite as ripe and sweet as they would be the following week.

When I came home from work the next night, I saw the beautiful candelabra-shaped branches had been sawn off – still developing fruit and all. I felt shocked, sick, as though I was looking at a person who had been mutilated by having his or her limbs hacked off. I stood there and cried.

Unbeknownst to me, the marauding gardening party had wreaked their slaughter once more, despite my strong protests at their previous invasion.

And once again the tree seemed to know what was about to happen and tried to warn me about it.

I can attest to the truth and accuracy of this story as I was the one who experienced it. And raises some questions with interesting implications:

Firstly, was it the tree / tree spirit (or whatever you want to call it) that was communicating with me?

If so, does this imply that at least some trees have precognitive abilities, at least in regards to their own safety?

Many trees live to be hundreds of years old, so I can get my head around the concept of connecting with them to receive information about the past, and age-honed wisdom, but this was the first time I’d been forced to consider them a source of knowledge about the future. Do trees have precognitive abilities too?

I was devastated when the tree was vandalised but my bond had only been established for a very short time. How do the group members who have a lifetime bond with their own tree handle it when their tree is damaged or dies?

Ash, I’d be really interested in hearing more from you, and members of the group you mentioned, if they’re happy to share more of their experiences and/or basic techniques. I feel if more people saw trees in this light, the earth would be a more pleasant place for everyone.

Thoughts and experiences anyone?

What a incredible experince!!!!!!

I have a lot of trees in my yard!!! One is a old cottenwood that is just huge!!!! A apple tree, and a walnut tree, and some fir trees, and a lot of elm trees.

When we first looked at this place, the first thing I noticed was the cotten wood tree!!!! I took a picture of the tree at the time and my hubby noticed the face in the tree!!! It was green man!!! I took that as a good sign and knew this place would be a good place to live!!!

We also have a huge willow tree accross the road as well!!!!

Our landlord who owns the place, the land not our house wanted to chop the cotton wood down and i told him no!!! It was important for that tree to remain!!! I put what is called wards around this place to protect the land and the trees. We have had bad storms, but the trees have surived and been safe!!!

Last summer I noticed that the big cotton wood had another picture on it's bark, it was of a dragon!!!! It knows I have dragons in my keep and so it let me know that yes indeed the dragons are here!!!

There was another experince of seeing faces and animals in the trees at a park I went to last summer, to a gathering of pagans!!!! The trees there were very old and wise, one we even called the Merlin tree!!! It was like a gateway!!!!

I have always loved the tree and yes they have their own energy and will share their energy with you, if you are opened to it!!!!

So the trees telling you to save them make perfect sense to me!!!! :thumbup:

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Rainbowsky
neophyte
neophyte

starfire wrote:
Rainbowsky wrote: I have a lot of trees in my yard!!! One is a old cottenwood that is just huge!!!! A apple tree, and a walnut tree, and some fir trees, and a lot of elm trees.

When we first looked at this place, the first thing I noticed was the cotten wood tree!!!! I took a picture of the tree at the time and my hubby noticed the face in the tree!!! It was green man!!! I took that as a good sign and knew this place would be a good place to live!!!

We also have a huge willow tree accross the road as well!!!!

Our landlord who owns the place, the land not our house wanted to chop the cotton wood down and i told him no!!! It was important for that tree to remain!!! I put what is called wards around this place to protect the land and the trees. We have had bad storms, but the trees have surived and been safe!!!

Last summer I noticed that the big cotton wood had another picture on it's bark, it was of a dragon!!!! It knows I have dragons in my keep and so it let me know that yes indeed the dragons are here!!!

There was another experince of seeing faces and animals in the trees at a park I went to last summer, to a gathering of pagans!!!! The trees there were very old and wise, one we even called the Merlin tree!!! It was like a gateway!!!!

I have always loved the tree and yes they have their own energy and will share their energy with you, if you are opened to it!!!!

So the trees telling you to save them make perfect sense to me!!!! :thumbup:

starfire ::dragons::
Hi Starfire,

Your cotton wood tree with the Green Man face sounds like a beautiful and energetic guardian tree for your home and land - the protector of your personal little forest and all the wild things in it! I'm not surprised your dragons like hanging out here! And how wonderful to have captured those faces in a photo!!! You have inspired me to try it. :thumbup:

I'm so glad all were safe during the storm and the marauding landlord. I don't know how to place wards... it's something I'd like to learn about - I'll have to search for some posts on that topic. :wizard:

Was the Merlin Tree an oak? (As, you probably already know, in the Celtic Tree Ogam, the Oak tree represent strength of and a gateway or doorway to the mysteries.)

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences, and enjoy your lovely magical yard!
I'd love to hear more about your dragons (something else I'll be looking up in the appropriate section) ::dragons::

Return to “Ash”