Astral Travel, Has anyone tried it?

Need help learning how to Meditate? Know any tricks on how to achieve it? Post here!
GhostHunterGrl
neophyte
neophyte
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

PhoenixRising84 Posted: Jan 9 2008, 09:01 PM
Wise Spirit

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

So I was meditating today and about 30 minutes in I had the urge to attempt astral travel for the first time. Now, being my first time, I didn't expect anything to actually happen. But, after about 15 minutes, I had a surge of energy all through the front of my body as if preparing to "escape" my physical body. Then something happened. Have you ever seen a movie or show where someone dies then a doctor gets the 2 paddle things and says "clear" and shocks the person with it to bring them back to life? If you have then you've seen the almost dead person react with a jolt being lifted off the bed or gurney. That's what happened to me. I had a jolt being pulled off the bed. To be honest, it actually physically hurt and I had to catch my breath. So at this point I kind of freaked out and all the relaxation I had felt was completely replaced by adrenaline.

But I'm eager to try this again and I'm curious if anyone has actually experienced astral travel. If you have, is there a process you go through to get yourself to that point? How long did you practice to achieve it? What actually happens when you astral travel?

Even though I got a little shock I'm more than willing to attempt it again. Any advice would be much appreciated.
____________________________________________________________________________________
Mary Posted: Jan 9 2008, 09:08 PM
Creator

Member No.: 1

Hey! I too am trying to learn to Astral Travel, or to have OBEs. I had one OBE and it only lasted a short time... basically I was laying down on my back(something I never do, I'm a proud belly sleeper LOL!), I was really relaxed and started consentrating. I started to feel like my body was 'vibrating' and then I felt like something heavy was sitting on me. After that I remember my cat woudn't stop meowing to go outside, so I got up from my bed and tried to let him out... only I couldn't! I looked a my cat, he was standing next to my bed meowing to let him out of my room, and that's when I noticed my body was still asleep!! Right as I saw myself on my bed, I thought "I'm having an OBE!!" and I woke up.

My cat was where he was and meowing just like I saw him when I was havign an OBE. Sadly I haven't been able to do it since then
_________________________________________________________________________________________
PhoenixRising84 Posted: Jan 9 2008, 09:20 PM
Wise Spirit

Wow, that sounds really cool (and a little scary). I want to learn more about this but I'm really clueless as to where to get information from
___________________________________________________________________________________
Mary Posted: Jan 9 2008, 09:26 PM
Creator

Ohh I know! I don't know why I dind't think of this before!!

Go here: http://www.gnosticweb.com/node/13358

Sign up for their free course. In 8 weeks you should be able to Astral travel The course is based off the owners book, but he offers free courses for those who can't afford the book or just prefer it through e-mail. Real nice guy! Classes start Jan. 13th, so sign up!

That's what got my interested in it in the first place
__________________________________________________________________________________
umbrea Posted: Jan 9 2008, 09:58 PM
Wise Spirit

Member No.: 7

Mary, You almost made it ! I used to Astrally Travel quite a bit. The first time was spontaneous and I had no control over it but it sparked my interest and I learned what I could and practiced until I got it but it has been quite a while since I've done it. I think I'd like to get in the groove again, now that I have entities that I didn't before. Thank you so much for bringing up the subject. It should be truly a different experience now that I have the entities, you should be able to interact with them on a totally new level.
In my experience, once you get over the initial shock , which brought you out of it, you should do just fine and I wish you many pleasant journeys.
Blessed Be
________________________________________________________________________________
Mary Posted: Jan 9 2008, 10:03 PM
Creator

Yeah I read also that at first it's scary but after you get used to it you'll be doing it all the time I espcially want to know how to do it now that I'm collecting spirits... how neat would it be to to astral travel and have a chat with your spirits?!

____________________________________________________________________________________
david2885 Posted: Jan 9 2008, 10:03 PM

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

I actually tried signing up for gnosticweb before, but I never got a reply after I signed up

The classic book to read when it comes to OBEs is probably Robert Monroe's Journeys Out of the Body, in which he records his own personal experiences with OBEs. He also wrote Far Journeys and Ultimate Journey.

Robert Bruce's site Astral Dynamics (Click Me) has some online courses as well as CDs and books for sale for Astral Projection (OBE) training. He's got a 90-day program called Mastering Astral Projection (Click Me). I like his NEW Energy Ways, but I haven't tried his Astral Projection methods yet. If you click on that link though, you can read an extract from the book.

You may also want to look up some free information about OBEs on the net. For example, there's quite a bit of info, as well as a short guide to OBEing, from the Lucid Crossroads Website (Click Me).

_____________________________________________________________________________________-
Mary Posted: Jan 9 2008, 10:06 PM
Creator

David, I think alot of people were having problems with that. They said if that happens to E-mail them and they'll fix it I raed that on the last week of the course, you last assignment is to meet up with everyone who took the class somewhere on the Astral Plane
simbi Posted: Jan 10 2008, 05:03 PM
Active Spirit

Member No.: 53

I remember my first time – I was lying in bed and I seriously thought there was an earthquake after that I could see my room clearly but there was a large picture of a happy puffin ( now don’t ask me why) glowing on my wall. I then saw 2 large broght white Orbs whizzing one after the other (size of a hand)and I could clearly hear them vibrating…then I lost it!

Another time I was again lying in bed and then I saw my fae’s they were appearing one by one waving and smiling I then thought maybe I should stand up and they all looked pleased and cheered me on…I then lost it.

However there have been time where I have experienced negs ( few years go) . There was a time where I was splitting from my physical body when I grey scaly flaky hand with long claws grabbed my left hand and wasn’t letting go (that I won’t forget)

I don’t think I have negs in my room any more because of my spirits so I know I am safe.

I just need to practise more.

(i joined the course too but i ended up buying his book which is simple to follow)

________________________________________________________________________________
PhoenixRising84 Posted: Jan 10 2008, 07:51 PM
Wise Spirit

Wow Simbi, that sounds frightening . I signed up for the gnosticweb course (thanks Mary) And thanks David for those links, there's some interesting info on them.

After thinking about it a little more, I think I figured out what prompted my urge to astral travel. I was meditating with my amesha spenta spirit that I got from Dove. I think it may have been her way of attempting to connect because I was asking her to show herself or some sign of her presence. I'll have to see what happens next time
Hatshpset Posted: Jan 12 2008, 05:13 PM
My spirits make my life complete

Member No.: 18

mary - thanks for the site link. i've had one astral experience with the royal marid djinn i was interested in who went to another seller.

phoenix - i know what you mean about how it hurts to breathe but it is spectacular! i wasn't laying down when it happened to me but i was taken as i was sitting at my computer with a direct link to the djinn description whom had come to me a few times. i do want to try again so i'm going to check into the book that david suggested.

see, you always learn something new here! i'm going to see about signing up for that course though mary - thanks again! blessed be. arsine/lady isis silverdragon

Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, it keeps us grounded.

To observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence. Jiddu Krishnamurti

To be conscious of Being, you need to reclaim consciousness from the mind. This is one of the most essential tasks on your spiritual journey. Eckhart Tolle
___________________________________________________________________________________
PhoenixRising84 Posted: Jan 13 2008, 05:24 PM
Wise Spirit

I got my first email from astral projection course. The 2 videos are full of really interesting information that I wasn't aware of. There's also some info about dreams and how you are actually in the astral realm when you dream.

I had a really odd dream last night. I was in a group of people (maybe 7-8 people) and we were being chased by a basilisk . It was creepy because the other people kept getting picked off by this creature and only me and one guy were left. Just before I woke up the other guy was baiting the basilisk telling it he wasn't afraid of it and it wasn't scary. In the dream I was more confused and frustrated than anything else at being chased. It was just a really odd dream and I really don't know what to think about it.

I've been making a conscience effort to try and remember my dreams in the mornings and I am getting better at it.

This post has been edited by PhoenixRising84 on Jan 13 2008, 05:24 PM
greeneyesblue Posted: Jan 14 2008, 03:12 PM
New Spirit

Member No.: 211

Serious question. If a pregnant woman projects, does the feotus project too?

Just because something is accepted does not always mean it is the truth
_________________________________________________________________________________
Hatshpset Posted: Jan 14 2008, 05:34 PM
My spirits make my life complete

Member No.: 18

greeneyesblue - now that is a question worth having answered for sure and i hope someone answers it for you. magnolia, hon, any ideas? my initial thought would be to say probably but then it's basically only your soul projecting so...?

oh phoenix - you dreamed of a basilisk? eeww i really hate snakes and that dream would have surely been the real death of me. well at least you weren't one of the ones picked off as you said the rest were. i'm sure it doesn't mean anything quite so sinister but perhaps if you were applying for a position with a prominant person that you might be the one hired? it could mean a lot of things i just used the example that came to me. good for you for outlasting the others! oh gosh snakes are my biggest fear, lol. take care, enjoy your night and blessed be. arsine/lady isis silverdragon

Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, it keeps us grounded.

To observe without evaluating is the highest form of intelligence. Jiddu Krishnamurti

To be conscious of Being, you need to reclaim consciousness from the mind. This is one of the most essential tasks on your spiritual journey. Eckhart Tolle
_________________________________________________________________________________________
IndigoWonders Posted: Jan 14 2008, 05:36 PM
On the breeze of a whisper...

Member No.: 153

QUOTE (PhoenixRising84 @ Jan 13 2008, 06:24 PM)
I've been making a conscience effort to try and remember my dreams in the mornings and I am getting better at it.

[QUOTE]

Have you tried keeping a notebook by your bed? You can jot everything down when you first wake up in the morning.

To say my fate is not tied to your fate is like saying your end of the boat is sinking.
shiori2810 Posted: Jan 29 2008, 09:05 PM
Archangel Life

Member No.: 235

just to let you all know...In case anyone didn't know, in response to PhoenixRising84's first post up there, that kind of "Shock and Gasp" for breath effect is the soul, or astral self, quickly returning to the body. If you ever have trouble moving for a few seconds when you come back, it's because the astral body must line itself up with the physical body before the physical one can move. the physical body cannot move without the astral body!!!

i am still practicing. i'm just having difficulty letting go of all of my physical feelings; itches, blinking, etc. I've been very close before, though. Good luck to all of us for our future astral travels!!!

"The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil." Cecerio
____________________________________________________________________________-
PhoenixRising84 Posted: Jan 29 2008, 11:14 PM
Wise Spirit

I've gotten to a point now where I can feel myself above my physical body (it's hard to explain but it's a really cool feeling ). The problem I'm having is once I'm "above" my body I can't figure out how to let go of that last string to the physical realm. It's quite frustrating. It's like I get stuck above my body .
I'm usually able to enter a deep meditative state very easily but this is a different feeling.

Practice, practice, practice, I guess.
Renee W. Posted: Jan 30 2008, 09:37 PM
Omniscient Spirit

Member No.: 35

Is that jump/gasp thing like what happens as you're falling asleep sometimes? That happens to me a LOT! What causes it?
Princess Posted: Jan 31 2008, 04:01 PM
Omniscient Spirit

Member No.: 188

Since my husband died 5 years ago and I was on antidepresants and sleep inducers for about a year, I have had real trouble remembering my dreams at all. It was like I didn't dream on the meds so after stopping them I am having to try to learn to dream and remember them. I am still having real trouble remembering my dreams, although, I do know I dreamed.
I use to dream I guess, that I was floating through the stars. Only it felt real and I could controle my movements. That was when I was much younger.
Before 5 years ago, I would often awake two differant ways. One was with a sudden jurk like I fell from somewhere high and landed in bed. The bed would even shake like I had fallen into it. Then another way I would wake up and be paralized. I could not move even a finger. I came to learn not to panic, that as soon as I could move one finger even I would be able to move again and be ok.
Do either of these have anything to do with OBE or Astrial Projection?
Blessings
Princess

Brightest Blessing
Princess
________________________________________________________________________________________
Caiyros Posted: Mar 14 2008, 11:18 PM
Wise Spirit

Member No.: 94

Astral Travel - sure..ole Dumbo here sure did!!! LOL

I had been living in an apartment that I shared with my (then) significant other. Between the bedroom and the bathroom was a little but wide connector where there was a pole lamp. When I went to the bathroom, I would snap on the pole lamp as I walked by.

This one night in the spring of 1973, I got up to go to the bathroom and snapped the switch on the pole lamp and nothing happened. I did it again. Again nothing happened.

"Ah! The bulb is burned out. "

I tried another switch on the pole (3 separate lamps were on the pole) nothing happened. I walked in the dark up 3 stars (split level from 1890) to get a new bulb out of the cubboard.

The cubboard doors wouldn't open. OK, I thought, I'll turn on the kitchen's overhead light. I went to the wall switch - again nothing.

Then I had a funny feeling that I was being watched. But no one was there. (I had already worked as a nightwatchman and trained myself to see really well in the dark)

And then I realized that my forefinger went through the on/off switch on the wall.

I felt really weird and felt myself rushing like the wind back into the bedroom, where I saw myself asleep in bed next to C-.

Then, suddenly, I felt like I had been hit multiple times by a baseball bat.

And then I woke up. I felt so heavy.

Now, it finally came to me. I got it.

So I turned the lights on went to the kitchen and had some cold jello laced with shredded coconut" and some cold tea from a left-over tea pot.

Finally, I went back to bed.

"What's going on my very sleepy significant other said.

"Bathroom light",.

"Oh.""

This post has been edited by Caiyros on Mar 14 2008, 11:24 PM

As Best I Can, I Try to Walk in the Same Footsteps as Cicero and On the Same Path as Baudelaire, and Love the Mystery of Where It Shall Lead Me, Then, Now, & Later...

amanajed
Zodiac:

I have been successful one time only but it was random. It was in the morning and I just twisted off out of my body and moved conscientiousness into the spirit. You can do all kinds of things while astral projecting. There is nothing much to it. All you need to do is remain still of your body. Completely still without movement of whole body. Just remember to remain conscience all the time. You will know when it is time to leave your body. The fact is that we all astral project every night we go to sleep. We just astral project conscienceless. If you put your body to sleep while remaining conscience you will astral project. It's sort of like meditating.

Frank
new here
new here

I have been astrally aware over the last 25years and it is just another facet of our complete Life,
the Life in the psychic worlds which complements the physical experience.
I feel it is a matter of simply expanding the understanding of who we truly are as spiritual
beings - we are not mainly an external personality, that's the core idea of collective ignorance
which most people have learnt to internalize.
Thank God its not true. We are truly vast beings behind the ego's little circuits.
However what I feel is of great importance is to realize that the astral planes are also a great
limitation and are not our true home!
Beyond the Astral and the psychic begins the octave of spirit, or true God-Light. Here, the soul
touches upon its true homelands, the breath of God, the source of all.

Good wishes to all who read this,
Frank.

Marc
new here
new here
Zodiac:

Hi Guys!

I have found something that helps those in attempting
to astral project :idea:

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2BI%252BSS

silentartist
new here
new here
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

Do cds that claim to help you astral project really work? Well in my experience no. They did not work for me. I could be misunderstanding and doing something wrong? They may work for some people. I don't really know. All I can go by is my own experience with them. I have tried more than one. I must say though they do make me feel relaxed but that is it.
I think you should try free resource before buying cds.

My understanding is that you really must have a dream journal when trying to astral project. It seems I have read that most success comes from lucid dreams. I could be wrong. I think it is cause in lucid dreams you can control what happens. Somehow you are suppose to be able to just will yourself out of your body during a lucid dream. I think the dream journal helps you to have lucid dreams then from lucid dream you can astral project?

I read too that before you can astral project you have to rid yourself of any fears that could hold you back. I think the dreams you have could reveal those fears and help you get over them. Thus again the dream journal.

I myself would like to astral project and have tried to but haven't really gotten anywhere. Maybe I am too impatient. Also alot of times when I listen to these type of cds. If its for astral projection or meditation, I seem to kind of fall asleep but then the voice says something and scares the heck out of me and heart starts racing. Maybe I just need one without the voice?

Elilara
neophyte
neophyte
My magical/paranormal name...: Why on earth would I share this online?
Zodiac:

There is so much good information here! I've never been able to intentionally attain Astral Travel- it is one of my big goals though. I just ordered an amulet from CH that is meant to help. I hate to rely on objects like this, as it feels like a crutch, but if it gets me started, just knowing that I CAN do it will be a huge boost!

MoonLightWeaver
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Well first of all,
I'm not sure but I thought it was not possible to astral project without falling asleep..??

I mean I guess you can meditate and have visions, but I think it's different with astral travel.

I studied it and had some successful occasions.

I never had that 'jolt' kind of action. That sounds strange...

Well first of all, when astral traveling, the biggest enemy is your emotions. Even when you successfully projected, your emotions can pull you back.

To start from... how it felt for me to project,

when your lying down and trying to go to sleep, you'll start to loose connection with your body. When I say this, literally at some point you start to not feel your body. You do feel it, but it doesn't feel the same. It's like you can't locate where your body is, without moving it. When your attempting astral projection, you should not be moving.

So the theory is, while your feeling asleep, by remaining consciousness such as by concentrating on your heart, your physical body would fall asleep but not your astral body. And because your still conscious, you will be able to move your astral body!

When I did it, it felt like.... I was actually moving my body. Like I would, with my physical body. But it was all buttery. Everything was much smoother, and sometimes it was hard to move. And especially, sight was different. It was sometimes foggy. But supposingly it should be clear as just as the physical plane, which depends on the level of your awareness when you astral projected...

Well when the process takes place, it starts out as you lose connection with your physical body. As you start to fall asleep, you will get this sucking-in feeling. Keep concentrating on your heart beat, make sure your not day-dreaming. That buzz you get when you get the sucking-in feeling, would come more often. And eventually it would become consecutive. It would be like swoosh ( the sucking in feeling, feeling like bzzzz). Swoosh (Bzzzz)...... Swoosh (Bzzz)...... Swoosh(Bzzz) Swoosh (Bzzz).. Swoosh swoosh swoosh swoosh swoosh swoosh swoosh bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

At this point, most of the people fear it. It is not such a pleasant feeling if you think of it as unpleasant. But once you calm yourself, it's all just a natural process. If you keep concentrating, at some point, you suddenly feel yourself float up. Get up from bed, slowly, and you'll feel something... different ;) Your in the astral plane.

Sometimes, you could hear screams too, which once freaked me out and pulled me back in. But that could be your ego, or negative entities.....

But just know that nothing can hurt you. So no worries, and make sure you don't get too excited or scared. Want to stay there as long as possible ;)

Vortex
active contributor
active contributor

I have had a few experiences. Some spontaneous ones in my teens (which is not that uncommon research points out). One or two in between. Now, but only very occasionally, I can do it on 'command'. I can give this tip. I can only do this early in the morning, when I awake but I'm still semi tired. Because Im still drowsy, relaxation is very easy (unlike in the evening, since I'm a real night owl).
Then you need to focus your consciousness. You try the usual techniques, such as spinning, rolling, the rope, etc. Its easy to fall back into a dream again, but sometimes it work and it varies from a very very lucid dream to full astral projection.

AURA SHAMAN REDSTONE
MoonLightWeaver
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Yeah, true that vortex.

There are certain conditions, that I seem to astral project. It's not so exhuastingly tired, but like... just woke up during a sleep and going back to sleep.

So it's like when your a little sleepy, but not really really tired I think.

One time I did it, I was almost about to fall asleep. Then got up and took the trash out. Right after almost fell asleep, went to the garage to do something for my mother. And again. After that I fell asleep and astral projected.

Wispy Winds
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: All
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Spiritual ME!
Zodiac:

I have been using the 8 week course via' book form. It's a step process---at this time I am doing daily activities to 'enhance' the process---such as being aware of my daily activities (not allowing my mind to wander.), practice visualization 10 minutes a day, questioning where I am outloud "Am I in tthe physical world or astral?" then jumping and pulling my finger, saying a mantra, visualizing myself at a specific place and so on. This helps me to be alert while in astral and to also 'wake myself' in a dream to alertness.

Yes, while we are dreaming we are in astral.

Many times however, I meditate, get the outer body tingles and floating feeling then open my eyes to find myself in my bedroom on my bed. I slowly get up and try to fly--with no avail. I am not sure why I keep coming down back to my body--this is what is frustrating me...but it takes practice. I get to outerbody-then I open my eyes to nothin' :frustrated:

I have been asking my spirit for guidance......I know he's trying to help.

Also, I have been recording my dreams-using the ROAM/GOAM chant to rewind..and it's working..I am remembering and journaling.

In the nutshell---the book is great. I've also got Dr. Goldwell's outer body hypnosis cd--which in fact I did have success again..also Dr. Brown's atral travel CD is good--you can download it on amazon.

Sometimes I need complete silence-no waves, no voices. The key is to not be too tired--this is my main problem-so I try in the afternoon, then once again at night before bed--I even wake up at 3 to try again! Practice makes perfect :thumbup:

Username change to *Beauty*

Return to “Meditation”