Associations for Human Spirits

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
If I could be anything, I would be...: who i am
Zodiac:

i know this is probably going to be a dumb question, but here it goes.... since i have received my very first human spirit was wondering if there were generic associations for them. ex: dog, petunias, may, thursday, etc, etc. or does it just vary per human spirit?

i should mention that i've always been leery of having a human spirit just for personal reasons. but the spirit i recently received sounds extremely intriguing. thanks in advance.

just a lowly spirit keeper. nothing more, nothing less
Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)
what delusional planet do you come from and how do i get off of it?
Be the villain, not the victim.

CrankyFish
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 57
If I could be anything, I would be...: MYSELF
My magical/paranormal name...: Mistress Catching Fire Burning Down Houses of Cards Amber Sun Rainbow Aura
Zodiac:

That's a good question I was wondering this myself...

If I had to venture a guess...I'd say, Day: Monday (Moon, Womb), Month: Feb (Aquarius, sign of brotherhood & community),
Color: Red (Base chakra, tribal), Herb: Rosemary (or something more earthy), Gemstone: Smoky Quartz (helps to blend the energies of the first and seventh chakras.)

Ellegria*
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I think it would depend on the spirit. If it is someone famous, maybe do a bit of research on them. Figure out their favorite food. Elvis I would imagine would go for fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches. :lol:

If it's not someone famous, perhaps think about the time/era in which they lived and see if you can think of any associations that would make them feel more comfortable and "at home" based on the time in which they lived. I can think of music art and photographs would be easy to figure out. The others, you might have to use your imagination.

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

so now i'm kind of confused. i received Lamia and it says she is a demon who devours children (no biggie for me, just confusing as to is she human or a demon or even an immortal since she is considered a demonic ledgend).

In ancient Greek mythology, Lamia (Greek: Λάμια) was a beautiful queen of Libya who became a child-eating daemon. Aristophanes claimed her name derived from the Greek word for gullet (λαιμός; laimos), referring to her habit of devouring children.[1]

- (shudders saying this) from wiki

Trust those who seek the truth, but doubt those who say they have found it - Hannah McKay (DEXTER)

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Dark Abyss wrote:so now i'm kind of confused. i received Lamia and it says she is a demon who devours children (no biggie for me, just confusing as to is she human or a demon or even an immortal since she is considered a demonic ledgend).

In ancient Greek mythology, Lamia (Greek: Λάμια) was a beautiful queen of Libya who became a child-eating daemon. Aristophanes claimed her name derived from the Greek word for gullet (λαιμός; laimos), referring to her habit of devouring children.[1]

- (shudders saying this) from wiki
In my understanding, the original Lamia of legend was once human with immortal ties - and then through a series of events she became a monstrous creature. The race "lamiae" were never human, and are vampiric or succubus-like beings, likely on the darker side of the DA scale in general.

As for human offerings, I too was thinking that it would probably depend from human to human based on their personal interests, things of significance to them and what they have gone through in life. There are associations connected to humanity itself that could be applied, however.

phoneixfire
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 2
Your favorite spirit to work with: unicorn
If I could be anything, I would be...: werecat
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Shadow Fox
Zodiac:

:ot: Wasn't Lamia the demon from "Drag Me to Hell" ? It did kinda eat a child in the beginning. ......that movie had so much storyline potential but it just.....

“If you can't take the heat, don't tickle the dragon.”Image
“The supernatural is the natural not yet understood” ~ Elbert Hubbard
Blooming_angel01
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Ooh that sounds scary :scared:
Well yes, I suppose they do, you just have to try and associate them with maybe something from their era? Well since you mentioned it being either a human, demon, or immortal, I would probably think that with a description like that as of devouring children, she is probably considered a demon. For me it doesn't matter if it was once a mortal, if after that stage it became a deadly enemy to humans, I would say it is a demon. I wouldn't say it is an immortal because well, demons supposedly never die, and if banished, come back stronger. So, they're immortal too but we don't consider them as such or know them by that, but rather by their energies and intents. As Noctem mentioned, there can be things applied to it depending on its own likes, but you can also try with their association as a demon, such as the color black, or if it liked eating little children, she probably likes the color red? You can try and figure out some of these things with simple knowledge, or you can always investigate a little bit more.

Good luck with your new *scaryyyyy* friend :silly:

Me and you iz friendz
you zmile, I zmile
you hurt, I hurt
you cry, I cry,
you jump off bridge
I gonna mizz your e-mailz :(

And YES, Jacob all the way! ^^

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

thanks everyone. :hug: bloom, demons don't scare me. well, i should say bound demons don't scare me as i do own a demon already and i have yet to have any problems with him.
so far lamia has been very kind. so i'm thinking she is more mortal than demon in this aspect.

DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Yeah, "Cranky" just gave me some ideas for my two human ancestor spirits..It beats offering them the worst incense ever..I just bought some crummy incense..I suppose I could have made it easier on myself by offering these two, "Pierogi" and candles..My humans are Polish.. Pierogi seems to run thru my mind ;)..Guessing offering them any foods from their respective countries or sage offerings even? 2cents

Dark Abyss
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

DarkAddictions wrote:Yeah, "Cranky" just gave me some ideas for my two human ancestor spirits..It beats offering them the worst incense ever..I just bought some crummy incense..I suppose I could have made it easier on myself by offering these two, "Pierogi" and candles..My humans are Polish.. Pierogi seems to run thru my mind ;)..Guessing offering them any foods from their respective countries or sage offerings even? 2cents
mmmm Pierogi

Return to “Human”