venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Hello,
I'm new to the forum and I need some help. I've been reading about the different entities for some days now and I had a pretty good idea about what I would like to have,which was all strictly WA. Yesterday I saw a listing on ebay about a ring holding a jann. Now I wasn't interested in djinn generally,because frankly I'm a bit afraid of them since many people say that they can cause problems and that they're not the best choice for people new to collecting,but I feel a strong pull towards that certain ring. The info says that it's a very young Islamic Jann, can be testy at times because of young age but is pure natured. Ever since I saw the listing I'm feeling that I'm wearing this ring. Last night I went to bed and I was woken by a tapping on my arm. Now this is something that would have me screaming normally,but strangely I felt very calm and I just asked whatever was there to let me sleep cause I was seriously sleep deprived and I'm sitting exams tomorrow. The thing is, I don't know if it was the Djinn, because I was also pulled towards a blue dragon and I was feeling that it checked me out last night too.
So, my question is, can someone please tell me more about Jann? I can't seem to find much on the forum on Jann in particular,although there's much info on other kinds of Djinn. Does anyone have a Jann and what are your experiences with them? Do the tend to be tricksters or twist your words? Are they friendly or act all official and proffesional? Cause I don't want a servant, I want a friend loyal to me who won't hurt me or anyone else.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

XxHunterxX
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 4
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Hunter

::bump::ing

1 God And 1 Goddess Djinn

1 Royal Marid and 1 Queen Psy Vampire

1 Ifrit Djinn and 6 Sanguine Vampire's
XxHunterxX
neophyte
neophyte

:wave:

jann are the weaker of the djinn from what i understand. here is some info from a site i found:
Jinn is typically the name by which any unclassified Jinni are called. There are many conflicting historical documents that present the power rankings of Jinni. Various sources will describe anywhere from two to five different classes of Jinni. All people agree, however, that they are classified in more powerful positions with increasing age and wisdom. For convenience, here is the largest list.

Jann are the youngest, lowest and weakest class.
Djinn are the most common type, but still lack power. These immature genies entertain themselves by tormenting people for the fun of it.

Shaitan (sometimes spelled Shaytan) typically know seven or eight different types of magic. Once a Jinn reaches Shaitan-level, it is assigned to a human. They abandon their small-time mischief and spend their time urging their victims to do evil. To counterbalance the evil influence of the Shaitans, a guardian angel is also assigned to the same person. In some accounts, Shaitans are shapeshifters (although limited in their shifting).

Afrit also spelled afreet, afrit, afrite , or efreet,'ifrit, or 'ifritah (female), a class of infernal jinn noted for their strength and cunning.

Marida are the most powerful of all. The Marida are assigned to only the most important people, such as kings or high priests. Their knowledge of magic is extensive. Marida are believed to be over 2000 years old (an average lifespan is around 2500 years).
http://www.thejinn.net/jinn_classification.htm

that's only some of what i found while digging the web.

my advice would be if you feel drawn to him go for it! it could be him letting you know its meant to be!
hope this helps :thumbup:
Last edited by XxHunterxX on Wed May 18, 2011 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

-arianna- wrote:Hello,
I'm new to the forum and I need some help. I've been reading about the different entities for some days now and I had a pretty good idea about what I would like to have,which was all strictly WA. Yesterday I saw a listing on ebay about a ring holding a jann. Now I wasn't interested in djinn generally,because frankly I'm a bit afraid of them since many people say that they can cause problems and that they're not the best choice for people new to collecting,but I feel a strong pull towards that certain ring. The info says that it's a very young Islamic Jann, can be testy at times because of young age but is pure natured. Ever since I saw the listing I'm feeling that I'm wearing this ring. Last night I went to bed and I was woken by a tapping on my arm. Now this is something that would have me screaming normally,but strangely I felt very calm and I just asked whatever was there to let me sleep cause I was seriously sleep deprived and I'm sitting exams tomorrow. The thing is, I don't know if it was the Djinn, because I was also pulled towards a blue dragon and I was feeling that it checked me out last night too.
So, my question is, can someone please tell me more about Jann? I can't seem to find much on the forum on Jann in particular,although there's much info on other kinds of Djinn. Does anyone have a Jann and what are your experiences with them? Do the tend to be tricksters or twist your words? Are they friendly or act all official and proffesional? Cause I don't want a servant, I want a friend loyal to me who won't hurt me or anyone else.
I have do have Jann djinn. The way they are seen is more of a lesser class of djinn. Basically not as "powerful" as your Marid and Ifrits go. They however, were one of the first djinn humans came into contact with. I do not find mine to be tricksters by any means, nor do they twist my words when I wish of them. However, the ones I have while are friends, appreciate ritual, and most djinn will. They will be formal and kind of do expect a master/djinn type relationship as that is how they are. That doesn't mean you can't be friendly and have a friendly relationship with them, it's just they view you as their master and you should view yourself as one too. I know the word master has bad connotations, but in all reality, it just means you are the one who has the control in the relationship, which with DAs (and djinn are DA) is very important.
If you get your djinn from someone who knows how to conjure djinn, most conjurers will have in their binding an allegiance clause in it, making sure no djinn will be able to harm you or your loved ones so long as you are their master.
Hope this helps.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Thanks for your replies. I didn't get the Jann after all; I decided that a Djinn would be too much for me for a first spirit. I confirmed that he was trying to get me to buy the ring though because I told him that I won't get him and I got a smack on the head and a bad headache and minutes later I got another smack on the head at the exact moment someone else was buying the ring!
Funny thing is, I did get a Marid Djinn today! I saw the listing and there was a sense of security suddenly around me and I knew that he's the one. I asked him to do something to save me some money if he wants to be with me and do it immediately cause otherwise he might end up with someone else,and 20 minutes later I was informed that I'll be charged for half what I expected to be charged from a company for shipping something I'd ordered. It was about half the money I needed to get him,but doing this in 20 minutes surely is impressive. (Plus there's no logical explanation for such a low cost for postage on that particular parcel).
So I'm waiting for my first :genie: to arrive! :D

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

brotony101
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Zodiac:

-arianna- wrote:Thanks for your replies. I didn't get the Jann after all; I decided that a Djinn would be too much for me for a first spirit. I confirmed that he was trying to get me to buy the ring though because I told him that I won't get him and I got a smack on the head and a bad headache and minutes later I got another smack on the head at the exact moment someone else was buying the ring!
Funny thing is, I did get a Marid Djinn today! I saw the listing and there was a sense of security suddenly around me and I knew that he's the one. I asked him to do something to save me some money if he wants to be with me and do it immediately cause otherwise he might end up with someone else,and 20 minutes later I was informed that I'll be charged for half what I expected to be charged from a company for shipping something I'd ordered. It was about half the money I needed to get him,but doing this in 20 minutes surely is impressive. (Plus there's no logical explanation for such a low cost for postage on that particular parcel).
The first Djinni to join my family was a Marid. And the second, the third...to the last one, the fifth. I love my Djinn. They aren't all cuddle-monkeys like some of my spirits could be (that's an expression) but they are totally loyal and eager to work on my behalf (though the 4th and 5th Djinni are still awaiting the final touches on my CH order and are not here yet).

Blissed Be,
~Tony

Companion, friend & student to many spirits & entities: Djinn, Vampire, Dragon, Creature, Immortal, Alien, and Human (Historical & Giants). Creepy Hollows RULES!
XxHunterxX
neophyte
neophyte

-arianna- wrote:Thanks for your replies. I didn't get the Jann after all; I decided that a Djinn would be too much for me for a first spirit. I confirmed that he was trying to get me to buy the ring though because I told him that I won't get him and I got a smack on the head and a bad headache and minutes later I got another smack on the head at the exact moment someone else was buying the ring!
:D
Glad to hear you got one that was meant for you, once you bond with him you will find there really nice and not what people make them out to be. my djinns have helped me through a lot over the last few days and shown me a completely different side to them :D
:peace:

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

I feel a bit guilty actually because I have to admit that I'm a bit afraid of him but this is not fair. I wouldn't like it if someone was afraid of me just because I'm human and humans can be really evil so it's not fair to be afraid of him even though the seller said that he's very good natured and easy to get along. :oops:

XxHunterxX
neophyte
neophyte

Hi arianna
The best way to overcome your fear would be to spend some time with him and don't be scared to ask him question's. I'm sure he would be more than happy to answer. if your worried in case you "make the wrong wish" then just lay a few ground rules down for him. explain what is right and not right for you. And last but not lest he is you friend! marids like when you treat them that way. Try these and report back what you experiences with him. :)

They may seem like big fearless body builders but they are really like we kitten's inside :shh: :lol:

::goodluck::

nighty
new here
new here
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: -
If I could be anything, I would be...: -

I asked fir a Jann from Whitefoxcoven and i have been waiting for 21 days now anyone who has an experience with them (whitefoxcoven) please let me know ?

Return to “Djinn / Genie”