Lampades

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
truthsmacabre
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 45
Spelled Number: 4
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

antinousisgod1, you bet your boobby that spell is working!! I say this because even though only the ONE orb shown on this photo, this dry lake bed was FULL of spirits so.... WTG friend!! :thumbup: :D

ALTRUISTIC LOVE is giving yourself and others what is NEEDED instead of what is WANTED via EMOTION and EGO. Getting what is WANTED, well that's another matter all together!! That requires WORK and involves actions which some times need to be done in unseen natures.
antinousisgod1
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: God
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Tutankhsobek
Zodiac:

truthsmacabre wrote:antinousisgod1, you bet your boobby that spell is working!! I say this because even though only the ONE orb shown on this photo, this dry lake bed was FULL of spirits so.... WTG friend!! :thumbup: :D
YAY! XD. Thanks Truth :hug:

Ave Vive Antinoi! All Hail Antinous!

My avatar houses Niankhnum and Khnumhotep, one of the most celebrated gay couples of all time from Ancient Egypt.

'And people saw that every sort of beauty, every sort of love was from the gods, and they became free and bold, and they grew wings' - Mikhail Kuzmin
sillycsilli
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 10
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Faeries
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

antinousisgod1 wrote:
sillycsilli wrote:I've had a Lampades for a couple weeks now, mine did come with a name. At first she was very quiet, almost as if she were shy. (Though the energy from her spirit stone was highly noticeable.) I asked her to come with me everywhere I went to get to know me, I lit candles for her every other night. The energy was calm and I thought she was content ::bop::

I went to Dudleytown, CT (it's supposedly an extremely haunted old town in CT that was closed to the public in the 1920's because of ghostly reports, people going insane and unexplained deaths in large numbers..no one is allowed to go in there, it's blocked off to the public. My friend & I drove around the perimeter) I wasn't apprehensive about being there until my friend and I actually got there. Immediately I felt as though I was being attacked (or tried to be attacked) by entities and creatures I'd never seen before in my life. My Lampedes spirit stone was in my pocket - but in all honesty I was trying to hard not to freak out I forgot it was there. We stayed in the car with the AC cranked on the highest it could go. All of a sudden I felt this rush of heat pour onto my skin followed by a calm energy. It was the first time I heard her talking to me -- she said not to worry she wouldn't let anything bad happen to us. I saw her in my second sight carrying a torch and she had on a white dress... barefoot. Her eyes were glowing a bright green color and she smelled of lavender.

Later that night I was laying in bed reading a book (The Hollows series by Kim Harrison..... I highly recommend it!!) I felt like I was engulfed in a heat bubble LOL I think she was hugging me? :o

I'm very happy to have her as part of my spirit family! Although, sometimes I feel like she sits on the sidelines.... as if she doesn't like working as a 'group', she sort of watches and then comes in if she feels she is needed or called upon. I love her :clap: :hug:
That's awesome! :D. Glad to hear your Lampades loves you so much. I thought about getting one too. They sound awesome. Dudleytown sounds terrifying. Something evil is there alright. So if the area is so dangerous why haven't the government torn it down? Historical value or something? They usually let people explore ghost towns.
I think someone bought the property and it is considered private property now. There are gates and wires that close off the old "roads" and it is apparently flooded with police who cover the grounds. I don't know about that one, though, I didn't see one cop! We were there for a couple hours, too. :insane:

Xo
antinousisgod1
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 21
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: God
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Tutankhsobek
Zodiac:

sillycsilli wrote:
antinousisgod1 wrote:
sillycsilli wrote:I've had a Lampades for a couple weeks now, mine did come with a name. At first she was very quiet, almost as if she were shy. (Though the energy from her spirit stone was highly noticeable.) I asked her to come with me everywhere I went to get to know me, I lit candles for her every other night. The energy was calm and I thought she was content ::bop::

I went to Dudleytown, CT (it's supposedly an extremely haunted old town in CT that was closed to the public in the 1920's because of ghostly reports, people going insane and unexplained deaths in large numbers..no one is allowed to go in there, it's blocked off to the public. My friend & I drove around the perimeter) I wasn't apprehensive about being there until my friend and I actually got there. Immediately I felt as though I was being attacked (or tried to be attacked) by entities and creatures I'd never seen before in my life. My Lampedes spirit stone was in my pocket - but in all honesty I was trying to hard not to freak out I forgot it was there. We stayed in the car with the AC cranked on the highest it could go. All of a sudden I felt this rush of heat pour onto my skin followed by a calm energy. It was the first time I heard her talking to me -- she said not to worry she wouldn't let anything bad happen to us. I saw her in my second sight carrying a torch and she had on a white dress... barefoot. Her eyes were glowing a bright green color and she smelled of lavender.

Later that night I was laying in bed reading a book (The Hollows series by Kim Harrison..... I highly recommend it!!) I felt like I was engulfed in a heat bubble LOL I think she was hugging me? :o

I'm very happy to have her as part of my spirit family! Although, sometimes I feel like she sits on the sidelines.... as if she doesn't like working as a 'group', she sort of watches and then comes in if she feels she is needed or called upon. I love her :clap: :hug:
That's awesome! :D. Glad to hear your Lampades loves you so much. I thought about getting one too. They sound awesome. Dudleytown sounds terrifying. Something evil is there alright. So if the area is so dangerous why haven't the government torn it down? Historical value or something? They usually let people explore ghost towns.
I think someone bought the property and it is considered private property now. There are gates and wires that close off the old "roads" and it is apparently flooded with police who cover the grounds. I don't know about that one, though, I didn't see one cop! We were there for a couple hours, too. :insane:
Maybe the ghosts ate the cops! :scared:

Ave Vive Antinoi! All Hail Antinous!

My avatar houses Niankhnum and Khnumhotep, one of the most celebrated gay couples of all time from Ancient Egypt.

'And people saw that every sort of beauty, every sort of love was from the gods, and they became free and bold, and they grew wings' - Mikhail Kuzmin
FiercelyFree
active contributor
active contributor

My Lampades arrived today ::bop:: - what amazing powerful energy! She has a name and I was told that she is very attentive, enjoys being in a crowd and is very chatty - terrific :thumbup: . There are certainly lots of spirits here and she is tasked with the wild opening of third eye abilities and enhancing all magic :genie: so that I can be very chatty with her! I get such strong positive energy from her; just had a few headaches this afternoon. Totally totally awesome..... ::hail:: ..... FF :pumpkin:

It's a beautiful day.... don't let it get taken away !
Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

Okay, have you guys noticed in the store that two apparently different spirits are called Lampades? Can someone explain this?

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

PsycloneDeth wrote:Okay, have you guys noticed in the store that two apparently different spirits are called Lampades? Can someone explain this?
One of them is mistitled. The description goes on to mention the "goddess of divine retribution" - which is actually Nemesis. So that listing is for the goddess Nemesis, the "Lampades" title was just paired with it by mistake.

For the record though, both lampades and Nemesis are awesome :)

Nephret
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 26
Spelled Number: 40
Your favorite spirit to work with: Stryx
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shadow Demon
My super power would be...: Super speed
My magical/paranormal name...: Rhea Lynx Celosia
Zodiac:

NoctemAeternus wrote:
PsycloneDeth wrote:Okay, have you guys noticed in the store that two apparently different spirits are called Lampades? Can someone explain this?
One of them is mistitled. The description goes on to mention the "goddess of divine retribution" - which is actually Nemesis. So that listing is for the goddess Nemesis, the "Lampades" title was just paired with it by mistake.

For the record though, both lampades and Nemesis are awesome :)
Oh, I understand. Haha, they need to fix that and stick her under "immortal".

RHEA LYNX CELOSIA - Proud of who I am, and will come to be
Dark and Black Arts fiend, Chaosophist, Mythology Dork, and Akarmatic adept in the Making
"I've built more than you'll ever destroy, and I've destroyed far more than you will ever create." - Jason King
"It's a pity that stupidity isn't painful" - Anton LaVey
Ivy Onyx East
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 115
Spelled Number: 150
If I could be anything, I would be...: Grimmy!!
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Mesa Hema
Zodiac:

I am going to bump this old topic because I have recently become very interested in Lampades. While searching online I found this information:
THE LAMPADES were the torch-bearing Khthonian Nymphs of the underworld, companions of the goddess Hekate in her night-time revels and hauntings.
They were associated with the Eleusinian celebrants who carried torches during the nocturnal Mystery rites of Demeter.

I am placing my order during the sale. I feel totally drawn to this. I guess it's time to step-up my game. :thumbup:

~Ivy Onyx East (aka: dollybil)
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." -C.W. Leadbeater
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes
Darrish
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 2040
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: Djinn, Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

I placed an order for a Lampades during the October sale. We do a lot of magic casting and were looking forward to the amplification elements that they provide for magic!

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”