Lampades

Discussion of Dark Arts creatures starting with letters I-Z.
Turtlefae
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 40
Spelled Number: 135
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I just had a dream where a woman was telling a few people that she didn't even know about spirits until Hades appeared and told her that a Lampedes would attack her in just mere hours, she only had a few hour to figure out how to protect herself from a "Lampedes". Before she was able to finish saying her story, I woke up. She wasn't really stressed out, she was just saying a story that had happened to her.

I don't even know what a Lampedes is but when I woke up, I could have sworn I heard the term here before, I really have no clue what it is. How strange that the mention of Hades and Lampedes would randomly pop up in my dream when I don't even have a CLUE what a Lampede is, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird. Well not that weird, just interesting. :)

edit: Interesting, I just read the encyclopedia article to find out WHAT they are, I have 0% what they were and it's interesting how it mentioned the "underworld" and in my dream there was a mention of Hades, the god of the underworld.... ::jawdrop:: How in the world did my brain/mind KNOW that "Lampades" had anything to do with the underworld or Hades or what.....HOW DID I KNOW? :wtf:

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: A Throne Angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Blessed by Angels
Zodiac:

Huff has three, and all of them came with names. They each give off their own vibrations of energy, so that you can tell who is with you.
They are quiet, often just observing things, but you can sense the quiet power in them when they are near.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Called "little one" by the angels
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

Huffette721 (my wife) told me of a thread asking about the Lampades. They are extreme powers of magic and dark arts, working with Hecate.. I read in the encyclopedia , their magic can frighten immortals. I asked mine to work together with all of my other spirits and entities, and since not all of mine are from CH, I asked them to go through and rework all the bindings to give them more freedom to come and go as they wish. I am sure they ALL appreciate the freedom to go to their realm when they decide to, and they always return happily, especially my djinns.

I started off with one, then ordered two more so they could use the power of three. They seem to be happy to be here with me, and via Huffette have informed me that I need to use more intention when I work my own magic. Even though they felt my magic was weak in that area, they still amped it up and made my spell very effective. So, I can say I have enjoyed their company.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
Huffdamagicdragon
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1801
Spelled Number: 568
Your favorite spirit to work with: Lampades
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: DämonZerstörer

crone maatkaere wrote:lampades is the name and i've had one since last year who is an extremely protective entity around me almost to the point he becomes a part of me at times when i need it and i feel the higher vibrations he is giving off. those are the times i feel very warm and it seems as if the room i'm in goes up a few degrees too. as i understand it, the lampades can strike fear in even the strongest immortal and mine always has a torch in his hands when he appears to me (i don't believe it is a "he" but this is the type energy i feel from mine). certainly not a spirit to trifle with and one that should be highly respected. i would definitely say this is an immortal for any well-rounded home (i am not going to say collection because i think most of us are "keepers" and not "collectors"). hope this little bit helps! take care, arsine :wave: :hug:

You have a male? The ency says they are nymphs which are female: "A nymph in Greek mythology is a female minor nature deity typically associated with a particular location or landform." Males may just be rare as I have a male alya (from CH ) which is described as "enchantresses" . .. Well, anyway, they are EXTREMELY powerful, and anyone who has one, (or 3 in my case) needs to respect their power.

wayyy too many in my keep to count let alone list
mostly djinn and dragons though
TheWatcher
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 30
Spelled Number: 15
My magical/paranormal name...: Do i need one ?

meh il run away from one their patron doesnt like me much it seems XD i wonder if its just a past life thing or she just hates my character.

Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

I want another wraith. I do like the protectiveness about them, and the way that they work together as a group to get things done.

[image]https://www.dreamstime.com/royalty-free-stock-photography-pegasus-clouds-image12645487[/image]
Huffette
Mommy to four haunted ladies and friend to many bound and unbound spirits and entities.
Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

I, too, had a dream wherein i heard the word lampades. i didnt know anything about them at all either, as i hadnt even read through the dark arts apirits, due to lack of interest in them. Finally got around to looking them up tonight and thwn found thia thread. I have also felt a serious need for more protective spirits over the past week.

Intrigued, now, to say the least.

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats
Huffette
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Lampades are pretty amazing creatures.

Huffette
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

Lampades are seriously wonderful beings.
I have one with me, which i've made mention of before.. she is one of my closest companions next to my hellhound. We're much like sisters or close friends, and the influence of power they offer is incredible.

Endymion Ink
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: immortals
If I could be anything, I would be...: Moon Wisp
My magical/paranormal name...: Proud spiritual brother of Yllektmas
Zodiac:

Not being a practicioner, i read they still boost spelled items. Ones cast for you as well. Is that something you guys have noticed? That would be an extremely useful side effect of inviting one into the family, as well. More and more intrigued by the dream now.

Endy

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien

"Everything I write I have lived;
Everything I write is an implication
Of that which I have not..."
- P. M.

"Tread softly because you tread on my dreams." - W. B. Yeats

Return to “Dark Arts I-Z”