You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: it changes lol
If I could be anything, I would be...: weredragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Ashira
Zodiac:

lol I know this was from last month, I just -had- to comment. Anyone who's read my other posts knows I'm completely new to all of this and currently my only resident spirit (other than my astral mate) is the sweetheart of a gargoyle I recently picked up as attached to an object I purchased (during a time of need, so I know it was no coincidence...though I never really believed in coincidence anyways).

And while I'm still new to all this, the idea of a grumpy gargoyle hadn't crossed my mind. That's actually a pretty funny picture you painted there. lol I know that just like everyone else, no two spirits are alike, even within the same species. But I'm starting to get the idea that age is a major factor in the personalities of some of them. It seems to me the more ancient ones are more detached and "all business" types and younger ones tend to be more affectionate, more interactive with their keepers, etc. I know that doesn't apply to all. But it appears to be the case for most?

I think I've got a younger gargoyle, though due to the way he came to me, I have no actual information on him. I still don't know his name. All I really know is that he -is- a "he", he's very sweet and affectionate and seems he may be easily agitated by situations in my home...which makes me think he may be VERY young as far as gargoyle ages go.

After reading some of the other posts in this section, I'm really thinking I wanna get at least one more gargoyle in the near future! :)

ImageSurrounded by angels...the scaly kind!
Lilith Di Levilio
venerated member
venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Lilith
Zodiac:

That`s too funny! I have one gargoyle and he`s a sweetheart, so I have hard time imagining grumpy gargoyles! LOL

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Here's the update on the grumpy gargoyles in my keep:

There are three males and a female. None of them like to talk. They're no frills and strictly business. I placed their rock above my bed when they first arrived but they expressed the desire to be outside under the moon for charging purposes. They're strong, very strong, and when I am attacked by psychic energies I will see their shapes tangling with these energies in my mind. They refuse offerings but have accepted a quartz crystal which sits atop the rock when it's outside. With the last new moon, the leader expressed to me that they were running lower on power that night so I took the rock in and placed it in one of my charging boxes. They liked this, but after a few days they asked to be placed outside again.

The dominant "leader" of the group speaks up for them but there is always a sense that he's busy and would rather work than converse. He has a gruff, deep voice. He tried not to respond much early on in our relationship but everyday I'd ask "How're you doing?" and I think it wore him down after awhile... :lol: At first he would respond in the snarliest way possible and tell me that "We are working". If I asked "Do you need anything? Would you like..." he'd interrupt in a brusque manner and say something to the effect of "We do not want anything."

There is a female. She's the most even-tempered of the bunch and will talk a bit if I address her specifically. She has a soft spoken voice. Aside from her general task to guard and protect my family (boyfriend, cats and dog), I've tasked her to keep an eye on the safety of my next door neighbor's young cat, Maximillian, who runs wild through the neighborhood. I worry about the little bugger.

The other two remaining males are the grouchiest of them all. The most crotchety of the two literally snarls at me... "Why are you talking to me? Can't you see I'm working?" He has been tasked with guarding me when I'm driving somewhere. He warns me of bad drivers on the road and I sometimes can sense him following behind me on the road.

These gargoyles never pipe up unless I address them. I've tried offering peanut butter but it gets rejected. I just asked them again right now if they would like peanut butter and the leader told me "We do not want peanut butter. We only want the moon box". This "moon box" is an one-of-a-kind glass and metal charging box filled with moon energy from CH. I got it during the 60% sale and it just arrived a few days ago but I can see they're calling dibs on it. :lol:

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

hehe Calling dibs on the moon box. That's funny. :P

I'm just curious...but before you got gargoyles, did you have any previous aversions to them? I've noticed since I started speaking with spirit keepers these last few weeks that those entities they've always kinda had an affinity for just LOVE them (I've always loved dragons, gargoyles, vampires, etc.). And I know that spirits & entities can sense fear and/or aversion to them a mile away...I can imagine that would probably shade their attitude. Just curious. :)

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Forgot to add earlier, if anyone wants these ancient grumpy gargoyles, you can buy them through Sessa Bliss on ebay :)

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Ashira wrote:hehe Calling dibs on the moon box. That's funny. :P

I'm just curious...but before you got gargoyles, did you have any previous aversions to them? I've noticed since I started speaking with spirit keepers these last few weeks that those entities they've always kinda had an affinity for just LOVE them (I've always loved dragons, gargoyles, vampires, etc.). And I know that spirits & entities can sense fear and/or aversion to them a mile away...I can imagine that would probably shade their attitude. Just curious. :)
Actually, I did have some fears but mainly because I knew little about spirit-keeping. I wasn't sure what to expect... I purposely put off getting gargoyles because I wanted to focus more on my dragon family but when I saw Bliss' ebay listing for "ancient" gargoyles, I knew these guys were right for me because they were pretty low-key and low-maintenance :lol: I am able to tune into the spirits if I just look at their photos and they were just as grumpy then in their response to me as they were when they first arrived. Bliss described these guys as being so old they no longer care enough to have deep human relationships but are still interested in guarding and doing what gargoyles do.

I tell mine that I love them all the time and I will say the leader of the group has warmed up a bit and at one point sent me loving energy (felt like cuddly shivers on the back of my neck). I :heart: my grumpy crew.

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

Terror Misu wrote:I will say the leader of the group has warmed up a bit and at one point sent me loving energy (felt like cuddly shivers on the back of my neck).
awwwww Hopefully, they'll all warm up (and thaw out lol) a bit more.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Update: I put their river rock in the box last night. When I checked in earlier, they told me that they're finding "the moonbox" to be "draining."

I'm not quite sure why this is the case but my guess is, gargoyles straddle the border between WA and DA, and aren't entirely WA... so maybe "the moonbox" isn't right for them. I'll have to order a gargoyle specific charging box soon.

Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Update on the grumps:

Despite their repeated refusals, I lit a candle last night and left out a spoonful of peanut butter on a glass dish for them. I also re-read the gargoyle invocation online, four times, and repeated the name of each gargoyle, just as a means of reconnecting.

Oh boy, did I get a kick up of their presence. One, I was leaning over the kitchen sink when in a flash I saw one of them staring at me from the rooftop of the home next door to mine... this, shortly before I dished out the peanut butter. :lol: It was the grouchiest of them all, the most short-tempered one who is tasked with guarding my car when I drive somewhere.

I also had a dream where stone gargoyles came to life. I don't remember what happened but it was a very vivid dream and the first one where my gargoyles made themselves known.

Woke up today and asked the leader if they decided to pay me a visit, and I got the idea that they did it as a gesture of their appreciation.

Guess even the most cynical grumpy gargoyles can't turn down the awesomeness that is peanut butter. :lol:

Ashira
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

lol nice :thumbup:

Return to “Gargoyle”