Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 200
If I could be anything, I would be...: Me
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

::noob:: I am relitively new to the paranormal and all things occult and since signing up have treated this forum as a treasure trove taking in all I can and adding to my notes constantly. However, I have not seen any information on memory which admittadly is a bit of an obsession of mine. I thought I might try my hand at opening a disscussion on the art of remembering. I believe ones memory is sacred and have already memorized several invocations so I wont be stumbling over my words when I do get around to getting a spirit. A few books I have found stimulating:Moonwalking with einstein, by joshua foer. Your memory how it works and how to improve it, by kenneth higbee. My goal is to have a library in my mind (if possible), I shoot a bit high I know but then again challenge does breed excellence. Does any one have any experience with using magick to enhance the mind. Its a curious subject for me and a skill I feel will be integral in learning efficiently. I'm trying to go as far as I can with memory without any magick I find it brings a strength of character that translates into my day plus it does wonders for concentration. Anyways I'd love to hear experiences, tips, wisdom etc.

I read these words of my future in the past, and now my lie is true.

There is always a solution, have you the fortitude to seek it.

yoficreations
neophyte
neophyte
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: haven't received yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: wouldn't
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: don't have one yet

Great question, and I hope there will be some answers.
I want to improve my memory, for work purposes, to become more efficient. A good memory is a fantastic asset.

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
Zodiac:

I've read all the books by Buzan on the brain,which include books on memory,speed reading etc. I am fascinated by the brain and I tried many things from these books with great success.I've also read some books by people who are mentionedin Buzan's books as champions of memory. Next, I'm going to try the CH enchanted items that aim at sharpening your mind. Maybe someone could create an enchanted item with the property of the blue dragon of remembering things in great detail. I think there is one for illusion of the blue dragon but I think it's not for memory improvement.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Ferocious Harmony
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Yes I was very interested in that proporty of blue dragons as well, the only problem is I've studied the brain extensively and have seen what happens when it is unnaturally overworked. Makes me a bit nervous and excited if it is possible to enhance your mind in a way natural to you so there are no drawbacks. Love buzan as well great liturature, have you heard of photo reading? I think it would be amazing to not need to ever take notes again, to have a memory so tangible and clear that it would not be neccessary. The things possible by sheer will alone are truly astounding.

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
Zodiac:

I've read about photo reading but I don't know personally anyone who can do it. My ability to read bigger parts of a text at once has increased over time,but I'm too far from being able to read even a whole paragraph at once and retain the information. Regarding the help from spirits and spells though, it's always gradual and suited to the individual. I believe only black arts spirits would open someone up at once in a way that would cause damage. I know I've asked help from my spirits in different matters (eg: astral traveling at will, cause I do it in my sleep but can't do it when I intentionally try to get out) and in some of my requests they told me I'm not really yet and they won't help me now cause it would be traumatic for me right now. So I believe that they help you to move closer to your goal gently. If you have part of one ability this may be the breakthrough that you needed. If you're just starting out then it may take a longer time so that you adjust safely. The brain is a miraculous organ; I believe that small changes in the way you use it through different exercises and magic as an aid can create what would be considered a "super brain" in some years' time.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Ferocious Harmony
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

Yea photoreading is pretty intense. I find its easier to get results after a bit of self hypnosis not just belief but the suspension of disbelief has helped me the most in this sense of practice. Speaking of practice and a bit off topic; The Talent Code by daniel coyle is a phenominal book about the essence of inherent skill. The concept of deliberate practice will help you never peak in performance. The brain does this awesome thing by automating skill after a certain amount of time practicing. You've come to a point where your body says this is as good as I need to be. However, if you want to continue to climb (and I always do lol) you have to force yourself to stay in the "cognitave" stage of practice which is in essence hard and this can be applied to anything. Seriously these books should be taught in school it's kinda sad that I had to seek out this knowledge. That is a relief though regarding spirits and enhancment of the mind. I would still want to work toward my goals with a touch of magic to assist. Me too astral travel is pretty random but when I do everything is clear and vivid. I think it would be cool to challenge a spirit to a game of chess or something I'm sure I would lose horribly but hey "you only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent"-revolver

Ferocious Harmony
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

yoficreations if you want to get into memory systems I suggest reading those books in the first post and taking LOTS of notes. oh yea memory systems makes counting cards a breeze the real trick is doing so unnoticably hehe. The human brain has the most advanced random access memory system problem is we have the worst natural filing system with random associations. You could remember the color red for some reason at the grocery store when you need to remember apples. Enhancing your memory is a lot easier than most realize. Think of the memory as a tool and memory systems the means in which to use that tool. Your mind can be your own personal computer, you just have to let it.

LindaLove
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: lostsoul
Zodiac:

I think this is an area I really need work on. Any more recommendations on books?

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain."
-Vivian Greene
Ferocious Harmony
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Zodiac:

There is- The Memory Book by harry lorayne and jerry lucas. Honestly though there aren't many memory exercises you need to know to change your life. It's just a different way of thinking. For most of the exercises all you need is your imagination so you can literally do them anywhere. Theres no excuse for not practicing. The more you begin to see the benefits of a naturally sharper mind the more you get into it. It's pretty fun actually and great for working on visualization. Moonwalking with einstein is more theory of the practice and has many references to other great memory authors (buzan). The best exercises are the ones you devise for yourself but you only need one book for exercises. Hope this helped!

yoficreations
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 10
Your favorite spirit to work with: haven't received yet
If I could be anything, I would be...: wouldn't
My magical/paranormal name...: don't have one yet

Ferocious Harmony, thank you for your advise and for your book recommendations. This is a very intriguing subject!

I have taken supplements that are said to have properties that will help improve one's memory such as DMAE, piracetam, DHEA and fish oil. I haven't taken them for a while, but began again to take oil supplements: evening primrose (good for the skin and for women in general) and CLA (help with dieting), although not specifically frecommended or memory, oils in general are food for the brain, and not only sugar as previously believed. I've also taken lecithin.

Keeping a good diet with added minerals and vitamins are also recommended for memory. In addition, there are web sites where they provide brain games to improve memory and help avoid demantia.

Keeping calm, taking herbal supplements and herbal teas to control stress are helpful as well, for being agitated and anxious causes one to be confused and forgetful.

This matter is not to be taken lightly, for our memory is crucial for our well-being, happiness, work, etc.

If there were spells and/or spirits to help us with our memory, I'd be interested in those too. CH provides spells that are brain-related.

Return to “Educational Material”