Found another baby squirrel this morning.

We love fur babies around here! Share your pics & stories!
angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 236
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All OF THEM!!!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Healer/Psychic
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

This morning I found another baby squirrel. The mother must have died and they crawled out of their nest looking for food and fell to the ground or they are ill and the mother knocked them out of the nest. I named the squirrel last night Claus and the squirrel today Joshua. The squirrel I found today has deep stomach cuts. I applied neosporin after I gave him a bath. I dewormed both babies with strongid and they are getting puppy milk replacement and Pedialyte for dehydration. They are being warmed with a heating pad with several towels between them so they will not get over heated. They are strong little boys to have survived the fall. I don't know why but always animals in need always seem to fin their way to me. Never thought I'd ever get a opossum, skunk, prairie dog and now squirrels. Don't mind though I love to see when they pull through and grow up to be healthy and happy animals. Claus can't be released back into the wild because of his leg so I'll have to get a permit to keep him. Not sure if Joshua will be able to be released have to wait and see how he recovers. Neither seem to have any head injuries and that's a plus!

Funny part is my dogs Wikus and Sandy are pulling mommy and dady duties again and are cleaning and protecting the squirrels like they did with the kittens. Wikus did last year with a group of pitbull pups too. These dogs are so special :superman: Gifts from heaven for the baby animals I take in:)

A hundred years from now it will not matter what sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was or what car I drove...but the world may be a better place because I was important to the lives of animals and 'creatures' of this earth.
sologrl
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 1
Spelled Number: 1
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamps
If I could be anything, I would be...: valkyrie
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

:hug: you have such a kind heart.. those animals are very lucky to have found their way to you

angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Joshua just died. His internal injuries were too severe. Claus is still slowly improving but may not be able to walk. Only time will tell if his leg will heal correctly.

A hundred years from now it will not matter what sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was or what car I drove...but the world may be a better place because I was important to the lives of animals and 'creatures' of this earth.
Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

Awww... you have such a kind heart. I'm the same way with animals. I'm sorry Joshua died, but at least he was in the hands of a loving keeper when he passed... so much better than dying alone in an unfriendly environment. It saddens me that the majority of people see animals and plants as "things" that were created for human use, rather than soul-bearing entities of life. Thank you for being sensitive and kind-hearted. :D

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
Kim Junsu
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Psy Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds

Oh my... I'm so sorry to hear about Joshua...=( Though I think it was great that you and your dogs were able to supply him with warmth and comfort in his last moments before passing!=) I wish Claus all the best!=D And I'm so glad that they were able to meet a kind soul like you!=)

-Junsu-

Laugh when you need to,
frown cause you're mad.
Scream when you feel shocked,
cry when feeling sad.
Just be yourself people!
No need to pretend!
Just remember, let out a smile,
for a finishing touch at the end!=)
angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Thanks he was really special. Here's Claus being kept warm by one my of Sandy. She loves all animals. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body :)

p’yunik~*~chovexani
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Grigori and Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: I like being human!
My magical/paranormal name...: p’yunik~*~chovexani
Zodiac:

While it is very kind what you are doing and I give you major props, please be aware that it is illegal to house wild animals unless you have a license to rehabilitate in most states. Most states don't allow keeping such animals and require their release at some point. If the animal is found to unsuitable for release usually they are euthanized :(.
I worked as a wildlife rehaber for 7 years and many well meaning people like yourself would raise these animals, only to have someone turn them in or tell the authorities and the animals would be put down. My best advice is to find a wildlife rehab program and take them in, they'll be rehabilitated, and if you want you can donate to their care, and then released.
None the less they are very cute, and good for you for taking them in from the cold. Good luck.

~*PHOENIXGUIDE*~
KANUKA PEPPER SELENITE
The Phoenix wings her way through desert skies, defying Fortune's spite, revives from ashes and rise-Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
Ուր եք գնում, կարող եք հետեւել Աստծո լույսի ներքո :phoenix:
You share 50% of your DNA with a banana. Get over yourself.
spirits aren't pets...they don't come when called
angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

p’yunik~*~chovexani wrote:While it is very kind what you are doing and I give you major props, please be aware that it is illegal to house wild animals unless you have a license to rehabilitate in most states. Most states don't allow keeping such animals and require their release at some point. If the animal is found to unsuitable for release usually they are euthanized :(.
I worked as a wildlife rehaber for 7 years and many well meaning people like yourself would raise these animals, only to have someone turn them in or tell the authorities and the animals would be put down. My best advice is to find a wildlife rehab program and take them in, they'll be rehabilitated, and if you want you can donate to their care, and then released.
None the less they are very cute, and good for you for taking them in from the cold. Good luck.
I am very careful about following the laws because I know what can happen if you on't have permits. I never had it personally happen to me but I heard many stories of animls being taken away. I have permits for up to 2 skunks and 3 opossums and I have rehabbed these animals along with a baby bird who fell from a nest. Florida doesn't require a licence to have a squirrel.

(2) No permit shall be required to possess the following wildlife for personal use, unless possession of a species is otherwise regulated by other rules of the Commission:

(a) Reptiles, amphibians (nonvenomous, unprotected)

(b) Gerbils, hedgehogs

(c) Honey possums, sugar gliders, brushtailed possums

(d) Shell parakeets

(e) Rats and mice

(f) Canaries

(g) Moles; shrews

(h) Rabbits

(i) Squirrels; chipmunks

(j) Ferrets (domestic; European)

(k) Lovebirds

(l) Guinea pigs

(m) Cockadels

(n) Hamsters

(o) Parrots

(p) Finches

(q) Myna birds

(r) Toucans

(s) Doves; ringed, ruddy, and diamond

(t) Button quail

(u) Prairie dogs

(v) Chinchillas

I know some states you have to have a permit but it's OK in Florida. I would want anything to happen to Claus if he survives and the way it's going he will. He's trying to walk and he's stronger than ever.

MsSolarFelineAU
neophyte
neophyte
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Angelpaws, you have such a lovely, caring compassionate soul. ::hail::

I cried when you described the poor baby squirrels. :crying:

Bless you and your kindness. :clap:

Thankyou for sharing. This is what makes us Human - caring for the most vunerable - but those that are going to "make it"

We are all on our own Karmic path, at our own vibrational frequency.

Return to “Paws, Claws, Feathers, Furries & Fins”