What do you think about the grey school of wizardry?

Got a website? Post it here!
jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 4
Spelled Number: 20
Your favorite spirit to work with: vamp and djinn
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Jezebelle
Zodiac:

Hello,

I am doubting to enroll myself in there programm. The main reason is that it does look a little bit more for young teenagers who want to be harry potter like. So I would like to hear some experiences...
Do you really learn something? Or is it really more for the pleasure for young teenagers...

Really need some feedback....

Never regret anything, because at one time... it was exactly what you wanted
Merch
venerated member
venerated member
Zodiac:

well my husband and I both joined, He is still in it, i am not. I don't do good in a school setting. I tend to rebel and not want to do the homework. lol. like I am back in highschool again.

There are several adults that go and yes it is a lot like wanting to be in Harry Potter. I admit to desperately still wanting my Hogwarts letter. It is great for basics I think and then like here, fellowship. I am actually thinking of trying to join again and going for it again. I enjoyed it when I was there, but i will have to organize my time. It won't be any time soon, but one day i'll reup. Lol

moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

If I am not mistaken I do believe Ms. Crone highly recommended this school. You might want to do a thread search to see what has been said of this school though.

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Merchendiver wrote:well my husband and I both joined, He is still in it, i am not. I don't do good in a school setting. I tend to rebel and not want to do the homework. lol. like I am back in highschool again.

There are several adults that go and yes it is a lot like wanting to be in Harry Potter. I admit to desperately still wanting my Hogwarts letter. It is great for basics I think and then like here, fellowship. I am actually thinking of trying to join again and going for it again. I enjoyed it when I was there, but i will have to organize my time. It won't be any time soon, but one day i'll reup. Lol
So you really have to do homework to get your exam? Are the classes valuable? Like I mean : you learn something? Not hocus pocus for kids?

moonwind wrote:If I am not mistaken I do believe Ms. Crone highly recommended this school. You might want to do a thread search to see what has been said of this school though.
Gonna search for it!

Meanwhile please feel free to feedback :)

jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Cant find crons opinion in the threads :( I searched it though....

moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

bella, there are actually 3 degree levels in witch school and the manuals are well put together. you can always attain clergy status in the correllian tradition. level 2 is harder and of course level 3 is harder still so you would have those to look forward to and challenge you.

more advanced levels that year 3 i'd say see if your energy pulls in a master to take you as an apprentice. are they still suggesting that each chapter take about a month to complete? i know 4 years ago when i got my lifetime membership in witch school it was a month just so that everything could become repetitious (although i had already learned everything, the 3 level manuals as well as 5 other manuals that came with the lifetime membership have been well worth for recalling and just helping others who i've suggested learning through witch school even just the basic precepts).

good for you though - some of you might enjoy grey's school of wizardry a bit more in that they have actual professors and level year courses that have your required classes (mandatory to complete) along with elective classes (once you get the required classes done). at grey's you have homework, essays as tests that the profs grade and it's almost like an online hogwarts where everyone is sorted - adult students are in "lodges" and juveniles are in "houses" which are representative of the 4 elementals for your birth element. there are forums, extracurricular activities and challenges. i really thought grey's was a lot of fun and i did it just for something to keep my mind sharp. loved the essay works but really loved the school challenges too, especially in alchemy.

good luck everyone! have fun

This was Ms. Crones post.

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member

If this school is legitimate..Then I am all for it..I did see this topic emerge last year..I do hope the school is geared towards teaching adults as well.

Merchen is right though, some of us are solitary people who would prefer to work alone..I am very anti-social and prefer the company of my spirits. ;) .This setting would really make me feel like being in HS all over again. I would prefer to ask my questions in this forum or any other magically directed forum.

But I am glad, this place exists.

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

I think there are other threads about this school on the board. I know several members here have done it, including Crone, so you might want to dig up some old threads.

This one is an oldie from 2008 (copied from the old board), and Hatshpset is Crone's old board name.

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... =409&p=741

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

DarkAddictions wrote:If this school is legitimate..Then I am all for it..I did see this topic emerge last year..I do hope the school is geared towards teaching adults as well.

Merchen is right though, some of us are solitary people who would prefer to work alone..I am very anti-social and prefer the company of my spirits. ;) .This setting would really make me feel like being in HS all over again. I would prefer to ask my questions in this forum or any other magically directed forum.

But I am glad, this place exists.

Same here, though I like a little social contact because most of the day I am already alone with my doggy's. And internet isn't that social at all. I mean if I close my comp, the conversation is over. Its a strange medium. It appears to be social because of the networking but it isn't at all actually. But I do like my solitude too. I used to hate solitude... Then I learned to live with it. *hugs*

jezebelle85
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I think there are other threads about this school on the board. I know several members here have done it, including Crone, so you might want to dig up some old threads.

This one is an oldie from 2008 (copied from the old board), and Hatshpset is Crone's old board name.

http://www.creepyhollows.com/phpBB3/vie ... =409&p=741

I can't see the link... I think people forget I am not tenured... maybe it seems like I am a long time here because I work on everybody nerves with my questions and postings :p :lol:

Return to “Website Showcase”