venerated member
Answers: 0
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: HARPY, PROMETHEUS
If I could be anything, I would be...: HUMAN, LOL
My super power would be...: Super speed

WE'D ALL LIKE TO THINK THAT VAMPIRES ARE GOTHIC OR VICTORIAN, GOOD LOOKING, SEXY PEOPLE WHO LOUNGE AROUND ALL DAY IN CASTLES OR MANSIONS IN SOME SORT OF SECRET SOCIETY COMMUNITY ATMOSPHERE. I WON'T SAY THAT NEVER HAPPENED IN ALL THE HISTORY OF VAMPIRES, BECAUSE I'M SURE SOMEWHERE AT SOME TIME THERE MIGHT HAVE BEEN. HOWEVER, EVEN THEN IT WASN'T A CONSTANT & IT WASN'T SOMETHING THAT HAPPENED EVEN 1% OF THE TIME.

VAMPIRES, LIKE ANY HUMAN OR HUMANOID BEING, WORKED A JOB, HAD A HOME, HAD A LIFE (MARRIED, SINGLE, EVEN DIVORCED IN TIME PERIODS & CULTURES THAT ALLOWED IT). MONEY SPENDS NO MATTER WHERE THEY LIVED OR WHEN THEY LIVED. SO IF IT MEANT COINS, BARTERING, OR PAPER MONEY, THEY WERE WORKING JOES JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE AROUND THEM. NO HUMAN OR HUMAN-LIKE BEING GOT A FREE RIDE JUST FOR BEING COOL.

VAMPIRES, ELVES, DWARVES, OGRES, TROLLS, MERFOLK, ETC. THEY ALL HAD THEIR OWN ABILITIES, JUST LIKE HUMANS HAVE HUMAN-SPECIFIC ABILITIES, AND THEY ALL LIVED AMONGST EACH OTHER. SURE, THERE ARE CERTAINLY SOME AREAS THAT WERE ELVES-ONLY, VAMPIRES-ONLY, ETC, BUT MOST OF THE TIME, THE MORE BEINGS PROCREATED & ENCROACHED ON EACH OTHER'S CLAIMED LAND, THE MORE DIFFERENT BEINGS CO-MINGLED WITH EACH OTHER.

AND EVERYONE WASN'T SO GOOD LOOKING EITHER. LIKE ANY RACE OF BEING VAMPIRES WERE SUBJECT TO VARIATIONS OF APPEARANCE; FACIAL SHAPE, HAIR COLOR, EYE COLOR, HEIGHT, WEIGHT - SIZE, SHAPE, COLOR. AND WERE NOT ABSOLVED FROM DEFORMITIES, ILLNESSES, AND OTHER NON-CONFORMITY ISSUES SUCH AS TOOTH DECAY, FERTILITY PROBLEMS, AND OTHER KNOWN ISSUES RAMPANT AMONGST MULTIPLE RACES FROM HUMANS TO VAMPIRES TO DWARVES, ETC.

WHILE HUMANS ARE BY FAR THE MOST VULNERABLE OF THE HUMANOID CLASSES OF BEINGS TO HAVE EXISTED ON EARTH, AND CERTAINLY THE ADVANTAGES PROVIDED TO VAMPIRES, ELVES, GIANTS, DWARVES, MERFOLK & SUCH EXCEEDED THE PHYSICAL LIMITATIONS OF HUMANS, IT DIDN'T MAKE THEM ANY MORE IMPERVIOUS TO EARTHEN MORTALITY. IN FACT, THEIR SUPER ABILITIES MADE THEM TARGETS FOR THE UNDEVELOPED, NON-ENLIGHTENED MINDS OF HUMANS. TO SEE A BEING THAT COULD PERFORM OUTSIDE OF A HUMAN'S ABILITY MEANT THEY MUST BE SOMETHING "DIFFERENT", AND TO BE "DIFFERENT' IS NO LESS PROBLEMATIC THAN IT IS TODAY. IF SOMEONE APPEARED WITH THE ABILITIES OF A VAMPIRE TODAY ON TV OR IN PUBLIC THEY WOULD BE WHISKED AWAY BY AUTHORITIES & LOCKED UP IN SOME HORRIFIC TESTING FACILITY TO SEE HOW THEY WORK & HOW HUMANS CAN BENEFIT. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE FROM THEN TO TODAY IS BACK THEN IT WAS BETTER TO JUST KILL IT & BE DONE WITH IT. AND CERTAINLY AFTER THE EMERGENCE OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH, ANYTHING "DIFFERENT" MEANT THE DEVIL WAS INVOLVED.

WAS THERE A TIME WHEN HUMANOID RACES CO-MINGLED & CO-EXISTED WITHOUT ISSUE? SURE. BUT, THEY WERE SHORT-LIVED IN COMPARISON TO THE TOTAL TIME OF EXISTENCE OF THE EARTH PLANET. HOWEVER, WE KNOW FROM DIFFERENT EXCERPTS IN NON-PARANORMAL RECORDS OF HISTORY THAT HUMANS LIVED AMONG GIANTS, ELVES, DWARVES, PYGMIES, AND OTHER SPECIAL RACES OF HUMANOID BEINGS FOR CENTURIES. HOWEVER, IF YOU THINK ABOUT THE FLASH IN THE PAN OF TIME THAT COVERS (EVEN 1 MILLION YEARS), TO THE COMPLETE EXISTENCE OF LIFE ON THIS PLANET, YOU SEE THAT IT IS LIKELY THE MAJORITY OF THESE SPECIAL BEINGS WENT OUT OVER THE LAST 5,000 YEARS WITH SERIOUSLY DWINDLING POPULATIONS IN THE LAST 500 YEARS, AND HAD PROBABLY STARTED TO TAPER IN THE LAST 15,000 YEARS.

SO HOW DID HUMANS COME TO HAVE THIS ROMANTIC NOTION OF VICTORIAN, SLENDER, GOOD-LOOKING, ALL SEX, FATAL PREDATORS BEGIN? MEDIA. BEFORE DRACULA IT WAS COMMON KNOWLEDGE THAT VAMPIRES COULD BITE ANYWHERE ON A BODY, & HUMANS WEREN'T THE EXCLUSIVE TARGET FOR BLOOD. IF THAT HAD BEEN THE CASE VAMPIRES WOULD NOT HAVE EVEN SURVIVED, THE HUMAN POPULATION WAS MICRO TO BEGIN WITH & IF VAMPIRES HAD BEEN PREDATORY FOR HUMANS ONLY BOTH THE VAMPIRE & HUMAN RACES WOULD HAVE GONE EXTINCT BEFORE THEY WOULD HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO BEGIN. THE VAMPIRES WOULD HAVE WIPED OUT THE SMALL HUMAN POPULATION IN NO TIME, STARVED, AND BOTH WOULD BE ERADICATED FROM THE EARTH'S SURFACE.

STOKER HAD TO HAVE A WAY, WITHOUT HAVING HIS BOOK CENSORED INTO OBLIVION, TO CONVEY THE SEXUAL PORTRAYAL HE DESIRED WITHOUT ACTUALLY DISCUSSING SEX IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM (MIND THE TIME HE WROTE THIS BOOK). THE ONLY WAY TO DO THIS WAS TO PICK AN EROTIC PART OF THE BODY FOR BITING, HENCE THE NECK. IT WAS A TENDER SPOT MEANT FOR INTIMATE INTERACTIONS BETWEEN A HUSBAND & WIFE, OR TWO LOVERS, THEREFORE THE READER GETS A TITILLATING, SEXUAL VIEW VIA BOOK WITHOUT STOKER HAVING HIS BOOK CANNED FOR BEING TOO RACY. WHICH, TRUTHFULLY, EVEN WITH ALL THE EDITING & MORE ARTISTIC EXPLANATIONS FOR THINGS, HIS BOOK STILL WAS CONSIDERED RACY; IMAGINE IF HE HADN'T EDITED IT :ohcrap:

FROM THERE YOU SAW THE SPRINGING OF VAMPIRE KILLING KITS, VAMPIRE LORE, AND MUCH LIKE THE UFO CRAZE, EVERYONE SAW A VAMPIRE. THE TRUTH BEING FAR CLOSER TO HOME, VAMPIRES HAD BEEN THERE ALL ALONG, & HAD ALREADY BEEN KILLED BY CENTURIES OF GENERATIONS OF HUMANS FROM ALL OVER THE GLOBE & THEY DIDN'T NEED A KIT, JUST A GOOD, STRONG WARRIOR WITH THE ABILITY TO DO IT, OR JUST SOMEONE WITH DUMB LUCK.

I AM SORRY TO DASH DREAMS OF ROMANTIC VIEWS, BUT WHY BE IN THE DARK WITH THOSE WHO OBLITERATE AN ENTIRE RACE'S EXISTENCE INTO FAIRYTALES, WHEN YOU COULD BE SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY ACKNOWLEDGES HISTORY & REALIZES THAT LIKE ANY RACE OF BEING ON EARTH, THEY WERE ARE VAST & VARIED IN CULTURE, RELIGION, PHYSICAL APPEARANCE, HOPES & DREAMS, AND LIFE AS ANYONE ELSE.

WISHES FOR YOUR DELIGHT,

WHAT I DO ON MY DAYS OFF
Raexis
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift

Fascinating read. Thank you for posting this. =)

"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things that escape those who dream only by night." –Edgar Allan Poe
:pumpkin:
Bjorg
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
Number of Spirits: 0
My magical/paranormal name...: Leda Coral
Zodiac:

:thumbup: Great post and very true!

Cattle die, kinsmen die; the self must also die. I know one thing which never dies: the reputation of each dead man.
Psy Vampire from paternal side; Woodland Fae, Merfolk from maternal lineage.
Untaimed
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them....
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
Zodiac:

Thank you Ash, my Vamps thank you as well. While I adore my Vampire companions & they have a form of affection for me, they have never been worthy of being on the cover of a romance book (they all just shuddered at the thought). The spin that's been placed on them is unfortunate & because of it most people don't appreciate the spirit companion they have for the right reasons. While they can be affectionate with us in spirit form that's for our benefit (and their own reasons). My guys (and girls) enjoy being appreciated for the predators that they really are, (my guys wanted to add bad azz warriors, lol) & not as a love muffin, Abercrombie & Fitch models.

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world, remains and is immortal. -Albert Pine.
Darkstar
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 32
Spelled Number: 12
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

Thankyou. :applause:

Great reading. :heart:

YOU DONT KNOW HOW LONG I'VE WAITED FOR YOU.....

BLESSED WITH A UNIQUE SPIRIT FAMILY
4 GENERATIONS OF SANG VAMP IN MY BLOOD
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Thanks Ash for posting this!!!! My vampires said it was about time someone did it!!!!
What I know about my own vampires is what they have shown me through dreams and mediation, and it isn't all lovey dovey, sometimes it can be down right scary!!!!

They are wonderful preditors and warriors as some of them like to be called, and there is nothing lovey, dovey about that at all!!!!

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
DarkAddictions
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form

Thanks for the informative post.

I will speak for my experience with one Vampire in my keep.. My Psy Vampire is affectionate towards me(as a father/brother type), but that has been a prividlege earned..He's sarcastic as hell...But he has a dark side, he is what he is, after all. He never led a prividleged life, and is a simple average type of being. ..But I like to say he is gorgeous, because to me all my spirits are beautiful.

That being said, Woe.. to the person/persons that come near me with bad intentions though..I can finally see why people tell all of us keepers to enforce some rules..I have seen the tamed part of him lashing out..Same with the rest of my dark spirits. I don't even dare mention, what I think they may have done to some people, that troubled me at work as of most recently.

But just like anything, spirits come in all types..I cannot discount the existance of filthy rich titled vamps with romantic leanings, and a wealth of powers...Although, I'm sure they are rarity...I see tons of seller ads advertising these type of spirits...I just dont have any of those in my keep..I think all my spirits were poor or average..Some are sexual..some are not..But they all led average lives of their own.

starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

DarkAddictions wrote:Thanks for the informative post.

I will speak for my experience with one Vampire in my keep.. My Psy Vampire is affectionate towards me(as a father/brother type), but that has been a prividlege earned..He's sarcastic as hell...But he has a dark side, he is what he is, after all. He never led a prividleged life, and is a simple average type of being. ..But I like to say he is gorgeous, because to me all my spirits are beautiful.

That being said, Woe.. to the person/persons that come near me with bad intentions though..I can finally see why people tell all of us keepers to enforce some rules..I have seen the tamed part of him lashing out..Same with the rest of my dark spirits. I don't even dare mention, what I think they may have done to some people, that troubled me at work as of most recently.

But just like anything, spirits come in all types..I cannot discount the existance of filthy rich titled vamps with romantic leanings, and a wealth of powers...Although, I'm sure they are rarity...I see tons of seller ads advertising these type of spirits...I just dont have any of those in my keep..I think all my spirits were poor or average..Some are sexual..some are not..But they all led average lives of their own.
I totally agree Dark!!! I have always called my vampires and a few other spirits I have gorgeous, because to me they are!!!! I am well aware of what they can actually do, and I respect what they are!!!! They know this and so doon't mind me being affectionate towards them!!!

I, however have always made sure that they know and keep my house rules, because I know all too well, what they can do!!!! They also let me know, just what it is that they can do, and they aren't the only ones, my dragons, wraiths, basiklis, werewolves, sabertooth, and a few others, will show me exactly what they can do!!!! So house rules are a must around here!!!!

I have a lot of respect for them and they respect me in return. They know I like to figure out my own problems, but will help when I ask them too.

Spirit keeping is not all fun and games, it is a learning experince!!!! They are here at our request and a lot of times with their own request for us to be their keeper!!!! They like being a part of our lives!!!! Anyway just a few thoughts of my own. :)

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Bjorg
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My magical/paranormal name...: Leda Coral
Zodiac:

I think modern society, at least the majority, has made the term gorgeous strictly physical appearance. I happen to think outside the box, looking at attitude/personality more then what one looks like on the outside. I think all of my vamps are gorgeous due to their personalities, as they tend to think and act as I would or vice versa. Heck, I am going to school for network security and have called an apache server gorgeous. :lol:

Cattle die, kinsmen die; the self must also die. I know one thing which never dies: the reputation of each dead man.
Psy Vampire from paternal side; Woodland Fae, Merfolk from maternal lineage.
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

Wow, I'm floored. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge, Ash. This actually makes me look at vamps a lot differently -- frankly I was a bit turned off by the popularized romanticism of vampires, which is why I don't have any in my keep... a bit like stereotyping a race of people without knowing a single one.. boy, I'm embarassed to say the least. Thank you to everyone else for sharing their experiences with their vamps.

[Just as a sidenote: From what I gather from Ash's post, and this doesn't just apply to vamps but to all creatures in spirit form (dragons, unicorns, elves, etc) -- are we just that short-memoried as a species that we quickly take creatures extinct and turn them into mere "mythology", thus cancelling out the validity of their previous existence in our realm? Put more simply -- coming to CH, I had my doubts that all creatures offered in the store exist in spirit form because I couldn't possibly reconcile the idea these once fictional characters (in my worldview) were once "alive" in the physical realm... now, I have an active spirit family, which means there's a cognitive dissonance here.. my worldview's been shattered by a happy loving spirit family.. Anyway, sorry for getting off topic... ::hijack::]

Return to “Ash”