The Underworld - Realm of the Dead and Infernal

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

As the subject title suggests, this will be a discussion and sharing of knowledge as well as experiences relating to the Underworld.

Madie
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: MakFilia Lucis
Zodiac:

Noc, you are on a roll tonight..digging out amazing ancient threads....also postings new ones, equally amazing....what next? I'm keeping a close eye on all these threads. ::wave::

Be the change you wish to see in the world

The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in helping others

May all beings everywhere be happy and free, and may the thoughts, words, and actions of my own life contribute in some way to that happiness and to the freedom for all.

Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Well, i have a good question here, first of all.....What exactly is the underworld? :D

...That may seem stupid, but i don't really actually know what it is, so i'm asking to find out what you mean by it.

Is it a space in the astral, a place where infernals roam, other entities...or is it hades realm.?

I think it's a good place to start, lol

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Jumbo wrote:Well, i have a good question here, first of all.....What exactly is the underworld? :D

...That may seem stupid, but i don't really actually know what it is, so i'm asking to find out what you mean by it.

Is it a space in the astral, a place where infernals roam, other entities...or is it hades realm.?

I think it's a good place to start, lol
I was going to post - Ask any questions you wish and I will answer to the best of my ability. I'm sure others have info to offer as well, from research or experience.

The Underworld is basically, the realm of the dead. It encompasses land of death, as well as the infernal regions (these are more "Hell" oriented).

I know that different cultures have different ideas of the Underworld, such as how it is divided and who dwells there. There are significant, consistent traits however in that it is typically centered around the focuses alluded to above.

Bjorg
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
My magical/paranormal name...: Leda Coral
Zodiac:

Noc, what are your thoughts on the Book of the Dead? As I do know there is not one set book and there are something like, over 192 spells, but of what you may know. Also, do you (from your own personal opinon), find it possible to work Alchemy and death together? I am trying to be as subjective as I can to get broad answers. I would love to hear your thoughts, as I enjoy reading on Alchemy as well as Egyption mythology and even Necromancy.

Cattle die, kinsmen die; the self must also die. I know one thing which never dies: the reputation of each dead man.
Psy Vampire from paternal side; Woodland Fae, Merfolk from maternal lineage.
Jumbo
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 36
Spelled Number: 25
Zodiac:

Thankyou for answering my question.

I suppose your right about different cultures having their own opinions or version of the underworld. It may be that it shares all of the facets of those beliefs to some degree or another. It'll be interesting to see if anyone has any knowledge about this place.

Formerly known as WhimsicalSage/ShadowSage

"A kind heart is better than a crafty head." - Manx Proverb
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." - Albus Dumbledore
"True wisdom comes to each of us when we realize how little we understand about life, ourselves, and the world around us." - Socrates
Snakat
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: a practitioner
Zodiac:

Another interesting topic, I believe that all versions of the underworld exist. There's a lot of pools with different wolds, so I think is quite possible. I'll come later to talk more since I have to go now.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

Akira wrote:Noc, what are your thoughts on the Book of the Dead? As I do know there is not one set book and there are something like, over 192 spells, but of what you may know. Also, do you (from your own personal opinon), find it possible to work Alchemy and death together? I am trying to be as subjective as I can to get broad answers. I would love to hear your thoughts, as I enjoy reading on Alchemy as well as Egyption mythology and even Necromancy.
Quite an interesting subject. That which most are aware of are the Egyptian* works which center quite a lot on the journey of the dead through the afterlife and various "secrets" which assist with this process (this is what the spells primarily consist of). What I can say is - that of nature often has an aspect of duality revealing necromantic knowledge. It is my belief that such texts have dual significance that can lead to more than what is directly expressed. I have not delved too much into this egyptian realm of life & death yet so can't offer many thoughts, but it is something I must further traverse in the future as I continue my studies.
I have both a BOTD Egyptian vampire, and an Egyptian Necromancer with me in spirit - who have infused some knowledge in me but are still protective of what can be seen. Immortals Set and Nephthys are present as well. Set particularly had secrets of death and blood-work to share - showed me aspects of this visually which still need greater interpreting. Blood was a very important aspect of death rituals for it's representation of the "life-force". This actually goes off in my mind on a tangent relating to vampirism..

*I specify "Egyptian" there, as I am aware of the Babylonian as well, am currently getting into learning of the Underworld secrets of Babylonian/Sumerian myth.

Alchemy and Death go together quite well actually, in a few ways. The connection of immortality and life that alchemy has been known to possess, as well as the transformation of states works perfectly into Necromantic work. I work with the necromantic, and have posted on it in a section which can't be accessed by non-tenured.. but if elements of that should come up here i'd be happy to go into it to an extent.
Considering it further, working of alchemical practice into Necromancy is a significant part of the transfiguration process into Lich-form.

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
Zodiac:

mary wrote:Another interesting topic, I believe that all versions of the underworld exist. There's a lot of pools with different wolds, so I think is quite possible.
Yes, I too believe this.

VAMPIRELOVER
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampire + ifrits
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
My magical/paranormal name...: Vampirelover