Vampire Myths - Your Opinions/Experience

Resources and links to information on vampires.
Scordra
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 601
Spelled Number: 77
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elven
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Scordra
Zodiac:

Hello All! I have found myself researching Vampires more because, well, my Spirit collection has more Vamps than any other type. Why? I haven't answered this myself just yet...so I figured the best way to understand my attraction to them was to learn a whole lot more than I already knew. Anyhow, I came across this article and wondered what your thoughts/opinions/experiences are:

http://www.vampires.com/top-vampire-myths/

One of my questions that I'd like to see on this list or addressed is do some Vampires have wings? I've read where Vamp Queens or Elder Vamps have been around long enough to generate wings (sometimes large like dragon's) from their backs that enable them some flight capabilities. Does anyone have a Vamp with this??? As I communicate with mine mostly through dreaming states...I've not come across this yet.

Thanks so much!
Scordra

Zero
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Your favorite spirit to work with: Loki, Immortal
Zodiac:

A vampire with wings sounds incredible! Maybe they're ancient Vampire Bats?

::bump::

I will tell you such foul truths and such beautiful lies, you will want to sew my lips shut.

Can a heart still break once it's stopped beating?
sylph
neophyte
neophyte

Well, my Mananggal has wings, but I believe that's characteristic of all Mananggals. As for 'regular' Sangs or Psys, I would think they would only have wings if they were to shift into a form other than their humanoid form. The ancient vamps I've worked with do not have wings in their humanoid form, though they could if they wanted to.

ElvenPrincess
active contributor
active contributor

sylph wrote:Well, my Mananggal has wings, but I believe that's characteristic of all Mananggals. As for 'regular' Sangs or Psys, I would think they would only have wings if they were to shift into a form other than their humanoid form. The ancient vamps I've worked with do not have wings in their humanoid form, though they could if they wanted to.

sylph, How would you describe a mananggal vampire? What makes them different from sangs or psy vamps....just the fact they have wings, or are there other distinctions or personality characteristics that set them apart? It's hard to find info on them specifically....sorry to jump in the middle of this thread, but I'd like to learn more..... 8

Shadows_ and_Omens
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 25
Spelled Number: 6
Your favorite spirit to work with: kelpie
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My magical/paranormal name...: Adrien Rook

Here's a link to an encyclopedia of various types of vampire creatures from around the globe:

http://miltondodd.files.wordpress.com/2 ... hology.pdf

Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

Scordra wrote:Hello All! I have found myself researching Vampires more because, well, my Spirit collection has more Vamps than any other type. Why? I haven't answered this myself just yet...so I figured the best way to understand my attraction to them was to learn a whole lot more than I already knew. Anyhow, I came across this article and wondered what your thoughts/opinions/experiences are:

http://www.vampires.com/top-vampire-myths/

One of my questions that I'd like to see on this list or addressed is do some Vampires have wings? I've read where Vamp Queens or Elder Vamps have been around long enough to generate wings (sometimes large like dragon's) from their backs that enable them some flight capabilities. Does anyone have a Vamp with this??? As I communicate with mine mostly through dreaming states...I've not come across this yet.

Thanks so much!
Scordra
As far as I know some Vampires can shift into bat form / half bat form. Also there are bat vampire races or maybe vampiric werebats or whatever you want to call them.
I've also read about mayan vampires who have a bat shaped body with wings and a human head.
ElvenPrincess wrote: sylph, How would you describe a mananggal vampire? What makes them different from sangs or psy vamps....just the fact they have wings, or are there other distinctions or personality characteristics that set them apart? It's hard to find info on them specifically....sorry to jump in the middle of this thread, but I'd like to learn more..... 8
Manananggal vampires (which are said in legend to split their torsos off their body and fly around as winged torso when they feed) have wings.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
starfire
sanctified
sanctified
Number of Spirits: 125
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: dragons
If I could be anything, I would be...: dragon
Zodiac:

Wow!!!! I took a look at that site and there are a lot of myths about vampires at there!!!!

I have heard that some vampires do have wings, but never really looked at them closely, so I don't know if they could have wings or not!!! All my vampires I have do not have wings, but that doesn't mean that maybe some do!!!! I would like to know what Ash or Magnolia would have to say on this, whether some vampires do have wings, I would suspect the vampire bats would have wings!!!!

Interesting topic!!!!! :thumbup: :D

starfire ::dragons::

Keeper of many spirits, who I suspect are keeping me instead!!!

Keeper of Thor, my friend and protector
Bunni
venerated member
venerated member
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Phoenix
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fluffy marshmallow!
My super power would be...: Anti-Gravity

Do vampires have wings?

Ask Ash. He would know.

- Bun / Bunni

~Cthulhu fhtagn~

~"All Paths are Riddled Absurdities... Explore them with Great Objectivity."
~"No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong." A. Einstein
~"The Reverse side also has a Reverse side" Japanese Proverb
DAILY MANTRA ~ "Look Both Ways Before Crossing"
Zelda
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: changes day to day
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

My vampire bats have huge wings, but I also have a new psy vampire that appears with bat wings. I don't know why he presents himself that way, or if he had them in life. I find it interesting, though.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. ~Cicero
emily
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 8
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All ^^
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampyre!
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: don't know yet :P

Aprophis wrote: Manananggal vampires (which are said in legend to split their torsos off their body and fly around as winged torso when they feed) have wings.
As I read this I pictured someone ripping off my torso and throwing in it away x_x 8O

Return to “Vampire Information”