Is there a way to get inside a human spirit's head?

angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 236
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: All OF THEM!!!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Healer/Psychic
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
Zodiac:

Need advice on how to get into the head of a human spirit to work with them more. There’s a spirit who I think really just wants people to see he’s not evil. Just no one has taken the time to understand him. I get thoughts in my head but how do you get into a spirits brain so to speak to really get into what really happened in his life. Can you do that? Do spirits allow that? Is it dangerous to get into a spirits head? I feel bad for this spirit though he did this to himself but there were factors I get from him that effected how and why he acted that way that history ignored and just labeled him a evil or mad. I believe he wants his story told, but after 150 years will anyone believe me if I write his story? I think he wonders would anyone care?

Here’s his story. (Kinda long, sorry!) I kept thinking about John Wilkes Booth starting a couple months ago. I realized he’s an unbound around me and we share the same birthday so I thought could that be why he was hanging about. Does a spirit who shares a birthday with a humans be the only reason they connect? If that was only thing than Fred Astaire would be dancing in my bedroom right now, so I don’t believe that a birthday is the only thing. So I had him bound as one of the Halloween spirits I ordered (Can’t wait to get my Halloween spirits!) Magnolia said in the chat on Halloween day that energy attracts spirits too. So that makes sense but what energy would I share with JWB? For the past couple days when he pops into my head I kept thinking ADHD and ADD. I had that since I was a kid and in the early 70’s I was just labeled hyperactive the term ADHD wasn’t a term at the time or my family wasn’t told of it. Then I realized a big part of the John Wilkes Booth and Abraham Lincoln assassination story has never been looked at. Wilkes (He didn’t like to be called John) was extremely hyper as a child, had difficulty with his studies though his teachers said he was smart but didn’t apply himself and was lazy. He did erratic spontaneous things that would get him attention. He was the next to the last child out of 10 but 4 died at birth His father was a famous English actor but left England with his mistress (Booth’s mother) while leaving his wife and son behind in. His parents didn’t marry until he was 13. So he grew up a ‘bastard’ and other families wouldn’t let their kids play with the ‘bastard’ Booth children. So that would leave scars on any kid. The only one he really played with at home was his sister Asia who I believe was a year older than him and they were really close. As an adult he was labeled as lazy for not learning his lines but was a natural when he did know the lines and performed Shakespeare. He wanted to be so much like his father (a great actor, not an alcoholic) He was good but not great because of his lack of focus but his brother Edwin excelled and there was a fierce rivalry between them. When he was interested in something he became obsessed (the South & Lincoln) and focused all his energy towards his obsession. I really don’t get him as an evil or psychotic guy. He has all the classic signs of ADHD/ADD and even depression. I actually feel bad that everyone hates him yet he’s so misunderstood. I have Abraham Lincoln with me too and I asked him if it was Ok that I got Booth bound and he said he was OK with it. I feel he forgives him. I guess spirits can see the truth and he knows that Booth wasn’t evil because Lincoln himself suffered from depression and prior to becoming president almost committed suicide. (Glad he didn’t! Love Lincoln he’s my favorite president.) I’m not saying things Booth did was right and I hate racist! I get that he didn’t hate blacks he just didn’t think they deserved to be equal. When he was a kid his father would have the black children who were the children of seasonal hired black help eat with the booth children. Wilkes father treated the blacks as equal to his children. His siblings became abolitionists like their parents but Wilkes was the only one became a racist. It’s not surprising he thought he was better than others he was named after famed British Revolutionary John Wilkes. When you have a dotting mother & father fuss over you and praise you from the day you were born it effects a young boy’s ego It was no secret to his siblings he was the favorite child. His mother said the on the night he was born, that she had asked God to give her a hint of what her son’s future held in store for him. In answer, she saw the flames in the open hearth form the image of letters that, as she studied them, spelled the word "country." This, she believed, meant that he was to endure the fires of persecution, but emerge as patriot in the final act. He never forgot that and when he was a teenage he got another life altering message. “It has been written that when he was a school boy, he once had his palm read by a Gypsy who told him he had a "bad hand, full of sorrow and trouble." The fortune teller said that he would "break hearts, but they'll be nothing to you. You'll die young, and leave many to mourn you. You'll make a bad end ... Young sir, I've never seen a worse hand, and I wish I hadn't seen it, but if I were a girl, I'd follow you through the world for your handsome face."

I also get he didn’t die in the barn like history said. They (Booth and Harold) knew that the army was close behind and Wilkes broken leg was slowing them down so they met up with a double agent James William Boyd. Harold with Boyd wearing Booth’s clothes went one way and Booth proceeded in another direction. The plan being if they are caught Boyd could say the got the wrong man and by the time they verified it was Booth or not Wilkes would be long gone. Harold and Boyd never expected to be cornered n a barn and the rest is ‘history’. I could go into details bout how Boyd had reddish brown hair and Booth had jet black and one soldier is reported to have said years later the man in the barn had dark reddish brown hair. Booth’s family was not allowed to see his body to identify him until 3 years later after decomp sent it when they were allowed to rebury him. And so on. (I could be wrong and he did die in the barn, but I get a strong feeling h didn’t!)

John Wilkes Booth

James William Boyd

I really feel bad for him if he was around today he would have been diagnosed as a child for ADHD and gotten treatment long before his obsession led to an assassination, But in those days psychology was in it’s infancy and he was never diagnosed or treated. So things snowballed out of control. Sad story all around. So many lives were ruined even Booth’s.

PS - Doesn't Boyd look a lot like Matthew McConaughey? Here's Boyd's bio. He vanished off the face of the earth in 1865? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_William_Boyd

A hundred years from now it will not matter what sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was or what car I drove...but the world may be a better place because I was important to the lives of animals and 'creatures' of this earth.
-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

This so so interesting! I admit I only knew the basics of this story and what you wrote really made me think.
Your question about getting inside a human spirit's head is actually close to something that has been happening to me for a year now. I wanted to post about it but every time I decided to do it I thought that it's too strange even for this forum and I'll probably won't get any replies. Here's what's been happening: I have had many dreams in the past year where I was some other person. Usually, the person that I dream I am is someone I've heard about and who's still alive and I usually live a moment of their past. What's shocking is that in many of these dreams I found out later through research that what I lived was an actual moment of their life I didn't know about that had actually happened! The second time it happened I was my favorite pianist in a piano competition in the late 70's. She was a judge in the competition and something happened regarding a pianist who was participating and made her to become furious and leave. I was hearing her thoughts during the competition, I knew what she thought about all the other judges and when she got angry the anger felt a lot differently than how it feels when I get angry.
When I woke up I googled this particular year's competition and found out that what I dreamt that happened when I was her had actually happened.
Ever since then this has happened to me with different people, some of them I don't remember ever seeing in my life before. I don't know what this ability is called. I got the mystic soul tap enchantment a while back to use it and see if the experience is similar, but I haven't managed to use it consciously yet.
I was thinking about posting this when I become tenured and get a blog, but it seems so similar to what you want that I couldn't not mention it. I wanted to use it to connect this way with my human spirits too but it seems to happen spontaneously and I can't control it. I was also thinking of mailing Magnolia and ask her what this experience would be called and if there's a way to develop this ability and control it at will cause it's so useful in cases like yours. You literally become that person, you get more insight in them that you could ever have in any other way, more than you would even if you were friends for a decade with the person.
I don't know if I helped at all. You sure inspired me to do a research in what has been written on Lincoln's murder though.

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

Aeryn K Angel
venerated member
venerated member
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 50
Spelled Number: 50
Your favorite spirit to work with: Elves
If I could be anything, I would be...: Elf,Faery
My magical/paranormal name...: Aeryn
Zodiac:

Thank you for the story, AngelPaws. I love history, but had never delved into the life of JWB. I've often wondered about the same thing. My experiences have been few, and not nearly as vivid or personal as those of Arianna; but, I have had several dreams in the past where I was actually a famous person or fictional character, thinking their thoughts and feeling their emotions. What was different with my dreams, is that I could see ME as someone else in the dreams, interacting with "me" as the "other" person... if that makes sense. This has only happened (that I remember) fewer than a dozen times, but each time I woke up wondering "WTH just happened?"
This is a very interesting topic, and I look forward to hearing more views and experiences about it.

angelpaws wrote:...we share the same birthday so I thought could that be why he was hanging about. Does a spirit who shares a birthday with a humans be the only reason they connect? If that was only thing than Fred Astaire would be dancing in my bedroom right now, so I don’t believe that a birthday is the only thing.
Personally, I'm glad this isn't always the case... I honestly don't want Martha Stewart hanging around me trying to teach me domestic etiquette. :P

I am ME.... and that is that!

Below is a picture of my pride & joy... Miss Kasha.
angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

-arianna- wrote:This so so interesting! I admit I only knew the basics of this story and what you wrote really made me think.
Your question about getting inside a human spirit's head is actually close to something that has been happening to me for a year now. I wanted to post about it but every time I decided to do it I thought that it's too strange even for this forum and I'll probably won't get any replies. Here's what's been happening: I have had many dreams in the past year where I was some other person. Usually, the person that I dream I am is someone I've heard about and who's still alive and I usually live a moment of their past. What's shocking is that in many of these dreams I found out later through research that what I lived was an actual moment of their life I didn't know about that had actually happened! The second time it happened I was my favorite pianist in a piano competition in the late 70's. She was a judge in the competition and something happened regarding a pianist who was participating and made her to become furious and leave. I was hearing her thoughts during the competition, I knew what she thought about all the other judges and when she got angry the anger felt a lot differently than how it feels when I get angry.
When I woke up I googled this particular year's competition and found out that what I dreamt that happened when I was her had actually happened.
Ever since then this has happened to me with different people, some of them I don't remember ever seeing in my life before. I don't know what this ability is called. I got the mystic soul tap enchantment a while back to use it and see if the experience is similar, but I haven't managed to use it consciously yet.
I was thinking about posting this when I become tenured and get a blog, but it seems so similar to what you want that I couldn't not mention it. I wanted to use it to connect this way with my human spirits too but it seems to happen spontaneously and I can't control it. I was also thinking of mailing Magnolia and ask her what this experience would be called and if there's a way to develop this ability and control it at will cause it's so useful in cases like yours. You literally become that person, you get more insight in them that you could ever have in any other way, more than you would even if you were friends for a decade with the person.
I don't know if I helped at all. You sure inspired me to do a research in what has been written on Lincoln's murder though.
What you have being through is really interesting. I like human spirits because you can really learn a lot from them: :thumbup: I have mystic soul tap but have never gotten around to using it. I should try that:) I wonder if there is something in CH that would be great for cases like yours and mine. A special spell or pendant?

How do you get a blog?

A hundred years from now it will not matter what sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was or what car I drove...but the world may be a better place because I was important to the lives of animals and 'creatures' of this earth.
angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

AerynAngel24 wrote:Thank you for the story, AngelPaws. I love history, but had never delved into the life of JWB. I've often wondered about the same thing. My experiences have been few, and not nearly as vivid or personal as those of Arianna; but, I have had several dreams in the past where I was actually a famous person or fictional character, thinking their thoughts and feeling their emotions. What was different with my dreams, is that I could see ME as someone else in the dreams, interacting with "me" as the "other" person... if that makes sense. This has only happened (that I remember) fewer than a dozen times, but each time I woke up wondering "WTH just happened?"
This is a very interesting topic, and I look forward to hearing more views and experiences about it.

angelpaws wrote:...we share the same birthday so I thought could that be why he was hanging about. Does a spirit who shares a birthday with a humans be the only reason they connect? If that was only thing than Fred Astaire would be dancing in my bedroom right now, so I don’t believe that a birthday is the only thing.
Personally, I'm glad this isn't always the case... I honestly don't want Martha Stewart hanging around me trying to teach me domestic etiquette. :P
LOL :lol: I'm glad about bithdays too. Martha Stewart? Granted she's alive (Though something about reminds me of the living dead :zombie: with her. She's so self-centered. She's a phony and I can't stand to listen to her!) but someday when she dies i don't think don't anyone need her around. That would be scary for me.

-arianna-
venerated member
venerated member
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampires
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
Zodiac:

I find human spirits really interesting too. I was wondering the sane thing about a special enchantment, maybe we should ask about something like that. About the blog, I think you have to send a ticket and ask for it but I can't have one yet cause I'm not tenured. You could ask for one though.
I hope more people contribute in this thread, it's so interesting!

Think you've seen it all? Think again. Outside those doors, we might see anything. We could find new worlds, terrifying monsters, impossible things. And if you come with me... nothing will ever be the same again!

angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Actually I see something that way be useful in ::ch:: http://shop.creepyhollows.com/product.p ... 259&page=1 The more I read about this whole period the weirder and stranger it gets. The man who shot Boyd (Booth) in the barn was a religious fanatic who was not only a prisoner at Andersonville but also prior to the war "On July 16, 1858 in order to avoid the temptation of prostitutes, Corbett castrated himself with a pair of scissors. He then ate a meal and went to a prayer meeting, before going for medical treatment." I read the ghastly details but I’ll spare you all. How can any man do that to themselves? All I can say is OUCH!!!!! I wouldn't have given him a weapon and took him along of a detail to capture (NOT KILL) Booth and Herold.

Then there’s still the did Booth die in the barn? Well James William Boyd & John Wilkes Booth both had the same initials. Booth tattooed J.W.B. on his back of his left hand with India ink when he was a boy and had several tattoos as an adult. *No mention of other tattoos other ‘JWB’ during autopsy)Boyd had J.W.B. tattooed on his forearm. Booth broke his left foot above the ankle and Boyd while escaping after killing a union officer had a broken right leg. Both men were limping. And both men were reported in the same are at the same time. Soldiers at the scene of the barn said the man in the barn said his name was ‘Boyd’ and one soldier who knew Booth personally said that the man they shot wasn’t Booth but was ordered to keep his mouth shot. The man who performed the autopsy said on his death bed that the man he performed the autopsy on had no damage to his left foot but there was evidence that he had a broken right leg. The fact that no one (including his 7 children) never heard from Boyd again after he was reported in the area that Booth was in.

Weird thing is I asked in my 1st post if there was a way to get inside of a head of a human spirit and the other day I got really sad and kept having this feeling that “I should have been there” and it kept getting stronger and I got sadder and then I realized I was feeling what Booth was feeling when his beloved mother died and he couldn’t go to the funeral and pay his last respect. I even got teary-eyed because I was feeling what he was feeling. He was alive when she died and she died after the shooting at Garrett’s barn. Then I get emotions of severe depression, regret, failure, alcoholism & suicidal thoughts. Granted he brought this on himself for killing Lincoln but when you hear from childhood that your mother got a vision from God that you were to do something heroic for your country and a fortune teller says you’ll die you young (and Technically JWB did die that day. Because the man that remained was an empty hollow shell of a man) He believed he was destined to die young but save his country. (The Confederacy) So in his misguided logic he thought killing Lincoln and his cabinet would save the South. So his fate was already determined from the day he was born and he didn’t even try to alter it. So is his mother to blame. No, but she did spoil him rotten and make him think he was destined to save his country and he really believed it. Add that belief with someone I suspect had ADD and you someone who has a tendency to obsess about things (The war & Lincoln) and it’s a dangerous combo. He wanted to fight for the Confederacy but his mother wanted NONE of her sons in uniform so instead he became a rebel spy sneaking medical supplies to the South since he had being an actor he could travel to perform in theaters all over the country wherever he wanted no questions asked.

I shouldn’t feel bad for someone who killed another human being but for reason I do feel bad for him. One thing about history, the books and historians want you believe one thing but in fact what they are telling us may just be a bunch of crap neatly wrapped up in a bow because the truth is harder to swallow. Can you imagine the reaction from the people if the governement said, "We killed Booth, oh sorry our bad it's not him. Just someone with "JWB tattooed on his arm (not wrist) has lighter hair and has a broken leg (but it's the wrong leg not foot) Honest mistake. It could happen to anyone. They decided to keep quiet and knowing Booth would never go public (He'd be lynched by a mob!) and kept their dirty little secret and this is only one of 100's of secrets that the govrenment has covered up since the creation of the USA. Even Booth's own family don't believe it's him. But they can't get a court order to exsume the remains of the man buried in the family plot for DNA testing!

Green Wytch
venerated member
venerated member
Number of Spirits: 100
Spelled Number: 25
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My magical/paranormal name...: Illeana
Zodiac:

Is he still earthbound?

"Magick begins where logic ends" ~ me
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." ~ WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE / Hamlet Act 1.Scene V abt. 1601
Disclaimer: Those opinions expressed are my own, with no unsaid implications about anyone.
ImageImage
angelpaws
active contributor
active contributor
Zodiac:

Illeana3 wrote:Is he still earthbound?
I get that he is, but I may be wrong. I'm no expert on earthbound spirits but I think he's afraid to move on because he fears what will become of him for what he did. That's why his ghost has been seen in several places like Ford's theater for one. One report said he committed suicide by poison in 1903 under an alias of David E. George in Enid, Oklahoma. While he was dying he told his landlady he was John Wilkes Booth. After death he was mummified and sent around on the circus circuit for many years. Some doctors did an x-ray on the mummy and it had a broken left foot, broken thumb the body had a scar on it's neck (Booth had a tumor removed from his neck) and a scar above the eye (Booth did) they concluded it was Booth. The mummy disappeared in the 790's Now how humiliating is it not only to be the most hated man in American history but when you die you're body is put on display to be gawked at? He should have been laid to rest. I believe he can't find peace or move on. Maybe that’s why he showed up unbound to me. He’s lonely. Well now he’s bound though I don’t have his vessel yet. Well I feel he’s bound now.

Return to “Human”