Number of Spirits: 2556
Spelled Number: 15
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Count Lucarda
Zodiac:

Cult wrote:
JackOLantern2170 wrote:The fruit is what made Adam and Eve go to old age and die in the first place.
Then are you immortal now?
I have no idea to be honest.. Maybe it does. 1tk

I'll try to be a bit of a dork and goofball for a change.. (Sticks Tongue Out.) ;*D

But in all seriousness, work hard in your life, earn your place, and have fun in life, but do the right thing.
darkwing dook
sanctified
sanctified
Answers: 0
You are...: new to this
Male/Female: It's a Secret
Zodiac:

JackOLantern2170 wrote: The Loving Heavenly Father of Jesus gave us free will and self awareness, not the fruit itself. 3|

The fruit is what made Adam and Eve go to old age and die in the first place. The scriptures mentioned God warning both of them about this, "If you eat from that tree, surely you will die." The very thing that attempted to take the throne of God manipulated both of them into eating from that tree in the form of the snake. Thus killing both of them, and as a result, humanity carries it today. Why no one has even bothered to remove it from everyone other than me is beyond me, but either way, it has to removed. Wouldn't you get sick and tired of carrying the weight of a mistake someone else had made so many years ago before you even existed? How about you tell me that. ;O
If we are talking Genesis 2 and 3, then it is explicitly said that it is the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge:
In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. (Genesis 2:9)
"...but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” (Genesis 2:17)
And the wisdom and self-awareness from the fruit are also phrased as:
Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves. (Genesis 3:7)
And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”(Genesis 3:22)
Next, as abovementioned, there is a tree of life which can make them immortal. This and the following:
And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden,... (Genesis 2:16)
The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden,... (Genesis 3:2)
We can conclude that both Adam and Eve had been eating the fruit from the tree of life. This means the reasons they (and we) are subject to death is because they stopped eating the permitted fruits, not because they ate the forbidden fruit : )

An interesting take of this is in a version from the Quran:
"O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in the Garden and eat from wherever you wish; but do not approach this tree, otherwise you will become one of the zalimun." (Quran 7:19)
"Zalimun" here comes from zulm, meaning "Wrongdoing against God, others, or self. Since the Middle Ages the term has been used to mean oppression and tyranny, particularly by rulers over their subjects. Frequently used as the opposite of justice, particularly in Islamic political treatises and books of counsel for princes and rulers. In jurisprudence, it refers to that which exceeds legal limits. In Shii tradition zulm expresses the traditional ethos of suffering, oppression, and tyranny under the Sunni community."
http://www.oxfordislamicstudies.com/art ... t125/e2585

This implies that the fruit gives those who eat it the ability to do "wrong".

As well, this:
Therefore, We said, “O Adam! this is an enemy to you and your wife. So do not let him expel you from the Garden, otherwise you will be uncomfortable; in it you shall neither be hungry nor naked, and you shall neither be thirsty therein nor struck by the sun's rays.”(Quran 20:117-119)
implies that such state of "comfortable" is achievable in the Garden, not on Earth.

"Often the truth is in front of your face, but your eyes and heart are so full of lies that you can't see it." Shannon L. Alder

"May you live in interesting times, may you be recognized by people in high places, may you find what you’re looking for."
Aprophis
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: in the learning process
Male/Female: Male
Number of Spirits: 1000
Spelled Number: 200
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: Endless

JackOLantern2170 wrote: The Loving Heavenly Father of Jesus gave us free will and self awareness, not the fruit itself.
Eeeeep, wrong.
darkwing wrote: If we are talking Genesis 2 and 3, then it is explicitly said that it is the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge:
In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. (Genesis 2:9)
"...but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.” (Genesis 2:17)
An interesting take of this is in a version from the Quran:
"O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in the Garden and eat from wherever you wish; but do not approach this tree, otherwise you will become one of the zalimun." (Quran 7:19)
"Zalimun" here comes from zulm, meaning "Wrongdoing against God, others, or self. Since the Middle Ages the term has been used to mean oppression and tyranny, particularly by rulers over their subjects. Frequently used as the opposite of justice, particularly in Islamic political treatises and books of counsel for princes and rulers. In jurisprudence, it refers to that which exceeds legal limits. In Shii tradition zulm expresses the traditional ethos of suffering, oppression, and tyranny under the Sunni community."
http://www.oxfordislamicstudies.com/art ... t125/e2585

This implies that the fruit gives those who eat it the ability to do "wrong".
The fruit from the tree of knowledge was the thing that actually gave Adam and Even the ability to decide between right and wrong, to make that choice. Before they were not able to make a choice because they were basically innocent and pure. Which means like White Arts they didn't really have the choice, which means no real free will to make decisions.

That is, of course, if you take everything in the bible literally and not metaphorically. Which you maybe shouldn't.

Also if you're immortal or not you'll probably see in a few decades.
Although you might see it earlier if you start aging.

Two Roads diverged in a yellow Wood and I took both, for I am Quantum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aksho Kharneth Akhash
Aksho Slaaneth K'Khaa
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
Aksho Nurgleth Dh'Akh
Alys-RaccoonReadings
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
My magical/paranormal name...: Alys
Zodiac: