Answers: 0
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 11
Spelled Number: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Vampire
If I could be anything, I would be...: Vampire
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
Zodiac:

Terror Misu wrote:I'm not subjugated to anyone with a peni$ and I resent the implication that I came from your ribs! Thank you very much.
I dont blame women to feel that way, both Adam and Lilith was created without a body part thankfully not the peni$
lol,..And the words god created man in his own image,sorry I dont think so.

And weither god likes it or not we are not created in his image all are created diffrent and from our parents :p
Are all are the same as for being human however we are all ourselves and own image ;)
Lilith felt the same and god again played fav to the guys and treated women like crap..Now thinking about
this I'm sorry ladies

Should note whats God going to do cast all humans out because we want to be ourselves,with our minds
course me I'm going south anyways,I'm free to be me

:ot: but about topic in a sense too :)

Noctua
sanctified
sanctified
You are...: experienced
Zodiac:

To expand upon my original post ~

Lilith is like that awesomely badass, experienced "gal pal" to me. A liberator at that. We are very close.

Samaphira
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 13
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn/dragon/angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Samaphira/Desrial/Astral Eye
Zodiac:

Lilith is allso a name sometimes given to the Goddess for us wiccans. She is a pagan spirit who nurtures souls. She is the supreme deity.

Blessed be
::gargoyle::
Bellatrix Lestrange
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
You are...: experienced
If I could be anything, I would be...: Shinigami
Zodiac:

Samaphira wrote:Lilith is allso a name sometimes given to the Goddess for us wiccans. She is a pagan spirit who nurtures souls. She is the supreme deity.
she is the same Lilith,just a wiccans interpretation of her..She is extremely nurtering..
Llilith is a deity closely connected with Inanna. If you beleive wiccan/pagan lore..
Good for you for bringing this up :thumbup:

ImageImage
ღƸ̴Ӂ̴ƷღIღloveღyouღGrellღSutcliffღƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒღ Image
Kit
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: new to this
Number of Spirits: 2000
Spelled Number: 14
Your favorite spirit to work with: Monsters
If I could be anything, I would be...: kitsune
My magical/paranormal name...: Kit
Zodiac:

Lionox wrote:SO interesting, reading about Lilith from other's posts here :thumbup:

::included::

*still doing sneaky kit walk* *trying to jump over the rut.....made it!*

good info running!!!

LU.??MS
Chaos in a stream of ecstatic fire
Loose desire upon those who acclimate to stale order
No Karma perception - only truth of understanding and the faculties of being within a world abound in dimensional craft.
Right now we are following the dimensional craft of the world, please hold and we will get to your call shortly!
EnglishMaster
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Time Manipulator Pro
My magical/paranormal name...: Lu Bu
Zodiac:

Okay, I have no idea what the KitKats are doing... :wtf: :eh: :think:

But all the rest of this info rolling in about Lilith really helps fashion a complete picture of her for me in my mind's eye. ::thanx::

It seems like Lilith is quite the hero to several here, which is cool. Lest we fall into the current societally-accepted morass of misandry, I'd like to briefly point out that (at least Biblically - not the accounts where Adam is trying to *gasp* have sex with Lilith from the top {Really? That's a beef now? I don't complain about the bottom, ladies... that's the lazy position, after all!} :lol: ) Adam really loved Eve and, other than shamefully trying to pass the buck when God got all hissy about the fruit, his sacrifice was of himself (He's supposed to be a "type" of Christ, if you study these things.) when he saw that Eve had taken of the fruit (read I Timothy 2:14), he had no illusions of knowledge to be had from it and could very likely tell that she was a dead woman - doomed to die (They'd been immortals prior to this, keep in mind.). Instead of trusting his God to make another woman (Another rib? Yeesh! I kid. ;) ), he took of the fruit to join his love in death. It's the first real Biblical love story. :hug:

I'm just saying this here because I get just a little tired of men always being bashed without consequence these days. Men are just as awesome a creation as women, with their beauty in their strength and virility. I think a lot of sitcoms and comics take undue license in shamelessly pandering to a male-bashing trope that gets a little tiresome... that's all I'm saying.

:peace: and :heart: belongs to both genders, folks! Be mindful. ::leprechaun::

That said, again, I am loving all the input on Lilith - is there anything more that people know about Satan? ::wave::

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
Ghostly Decibels
sanctified
sanctified
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: Fallen angels
If I could be anything, I would be...: Fallen angel
My super power would be...: Read other's minds
My magical/paranormal name...: Azura Rose Jet
Zodiac:

EnglishMaster wrote:Awesome! The topic's finally back on track! (Thanks, Noctem!) :thumbup:

Kaija & Killarican - just thought I'd reiterate: Lilith is not in the Bible. If you read through the wall of text that FYA posted, it claims that Isaiah shunned a wilderness demon - and that was Lilith. This account is not in the Bible (and by all means, FYA, feel free to provide chapter and verse if you think you're correct). The words "Lilith" or "demon" never appear in the entire text of the Bible, and of the occurrences of the words that would have been used in their place ("devil" or "spirit" - the latter typically joined with the words "evil" or "unclean" when denoting "demons", which a Biblical text would no doubt refer to Lilith as), none describe a wilderness scene like the one referred to. :computer:

More than likely, the mention of Lilith (as pertains to "near-holy" scriptures) was old enough in the Sumerian poem mentioned to have been around during the time the Bible was written, but that doesn't classify it as a Biblical text. Any mentions of Lilith are extra-canonical or apocryphal. :ugeek:
Eh, I don't know if the word "apocryphal" is suited for this discussion.. it infers that any mentions of Lilith outside of the Christian Bible are somehow of doubtful authenticity or that the Christian Bible speaks only of *the* truth and anything else circulated as "the truth" is doubtful in origin. With all due respect, I think many of us here are quick to strip away the religious subtext in search of the truth. Thus, Lilith's preclusion from the Bible serves as further reinforcement that what we hear in the Bible is suspect (IMHO at least)... As an ex-Christian myself, I think of the Christian Bible as a book filled with lovely metaphors and a few oddly preserved magickal psalms but much of the mysticism in general has been watered down and lost. Why? Hidden agendas by the ruling political leaders of the day and the Church.

Why WAS Lilith's status as Adam's first wife discussed in the Zohar/Jewish kabbalah texts but purposely left out of the Christian Bible? Ah gee, could be that the Church sought to reframe women's sexuality in the context of the &$*#! vs. the virgin. Could be that Lilith represents the polar opposite of Eve - Lilith didn't want to subjugate to Adam, she even defied Divinity and sought her own release from the Garden of Eden.[/quote]
EnglishMaster wrote:
Terror - technically, the whole thing with Eve being taken from Adam's rib was just essential for naming her ("And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." - Genesis 2:23) and bears no more significance to today's females (Logically, not Biblically!) than should "original sin" ("Really? Some guy ate a fruit 8,000 years ago and that's supposed to be bad enough to condemn me to an eternity of flaming torment just by being born? Oh yeah... sounds fair." ::facepalm:: )
:crazy:

EnglishMaster
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 5
Your favorite spirit to work with: Nympho
If I could be anything, I would be...: Time Manipulator Pro
My magical/paranormal name...: Lu Bu
Zodiac:

Sorry, Terror. I didn't mean to be unclear there. That's why I used "extra-canonical" as well as "apocryphal" - I was referring only to the word's ecclesiastical meaning. I realize I use a lot of $10 words (Quarter words are for sissies. :lol: ), so I try to include at least a couple at a time in order to clarify. :computer: I didn't by any means intend to cast aspersions on records of Lilith. Far from it - I think she's intriguing and love hearing more about her (And while I'm at it, Satan isn't getting near as much "air time", so I'd like to hear more about him as well.)!

Also, in case you've missed it elsewhere, I'm a practicing (?) Agnostic (and general Hedonist), so yeah - my views on the Bible are pretty much the same as yours. I know it a bit better than most, but that's about it. It's a very well-written, beautifully-worded book that, like Shakespeare, has had the dubious distinction of standing the test of time. It's got a lot of great ideas in it (especially more toward the New Testament), but it has too many diametrically opposed precepts and contradictions in the very nature of the "Hebrew God" for me to (personally) accept it as my own any more. :think:

So... back to Satan and Lilith, then? ::bop::

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein
Samaphira
new here
new here
You are...: a practitioner
Spelled Number: 13
If I could be anything, I would be...: Djinn/dragon/angel
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Samaphira/Desrial/Astral Eye
Zodiac:

Bellatrix lastrange wrote:
Samaphira wrote:Lilith is allso a name sometimes given to the Goddess for us wiccans. She is a pagan spirit who nurtures souls. She is the supreme deity.
she is the same Lilith,just a wiccans interpretation of her..She is extremely nurtering..
Llilith is a deity closely connected with Inanna. If you beleive wiccan/pagan lore..
Good for you for bringing this up :thumbup:
:silly: Thanks :silly:

Blessed be
::gargoyle::
Schrademan
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 15
Spelled Number: 8
Your favorite spirit to work with: vampires
If I could be anything, I would be...: not sure
My magical/paranormal name...: I don't know yet.
Zodiac:

I'm interested in Lilith, and have a CH binding of her, as well as a Lilith blessed/spell ring from thebreathofisis and, I think, either an invocaion or evocation to go with it. I also have a custom Lilith candle I'll be receiving next month also from thebreathofisis.

I'm both a christian and a spiritualist, as well as a spirit keeper, though I'm still pretty new to the two later (4 months).

Being new to the two latter, as well as to developing my third eye, I really only know what different things I've read and heard about Lilith.

She's the first wife of Adam, can be nurturing and caring towards those that respect her, and if someone is disrespectful towards her, she'll make that person regret it. Also, she is the Queen of Succubi and Vampires.

I've only seen her once, briefly and faintly in my third eye, about six weeks ago. She didn't speak to me or anything, it was purely 'business'. ;)

Return to “Dark Arts”