Spirit Magnet Item for All Abandoned Pets at Shelter?

CrankyFish
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Answers: 0
You are...: a practitioner
Number of Spirits: 78
Spelled Number: 57
If I could be anything, I would be...: MYSELF
My magical/paranormal name...: Mistress Catching Fire Burning Down Houses of Cards Amber Sun Rainbow Aura
Zodiac:

Not sure where to put this ...

This just popped in my head...not even sure if it's feasible ....

I feel sick for all the animals that get put to sleep in shelters that have never known a kind touch or stable home.
I'm not judging shelters that opt to use euthanasia, I don't think they are cold hearted killers or anything like that,
same way I feel about human abortions, it's a very complex subject & I approach it with a belief all innocent beings get cared for after death & find peace.

That said, I would love a CH item that binds the spirit of any deceased animal within a certain radius, ONLY if the animal wanted it so, so
the keeper of the item could interact with the animal spirit & show it the attention it was denied while alive.

What do you think? :)

moonwind
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: experienced
Spelled Number: 100
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragon
If I could be anything, I would be...: Dragon
My super power would be...: See spirits in true form
My magical/paranormal name...: Moonwind
Zodiac:

First off I can tell you have a huge heart. Plus a huge animal lover. I love your idea.

Just because it does not work for them does not mean it will not work for you!

ImageImageImage
Gin
active contributor
active contributor
You are...: in the learning process
Number of Spirits: 217
If I could be anything, I would be...: vampire
Zodiac:

I think it's a wonderful idea and that you would be in a sea of wagging tails and phantom purring. I would think a dog would want a loving owner in life or death and any spirit pet could be fun. Animals have such amazing energy and maybe if you had a shelter that was a little more open minded you might actually be able to clear a lot of negativity from it too... Shelters can be such a sad place that people don't want to go there. Maybe if you were able to lighten the energy, more people would come and more pets would be adopted [in theory].

vampire obsessed
always learning new things
quipta
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 120
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Aldimina Akitta
Zodiac:

This is a great idea. I would imagine some would be shy at first, but when they sense that they have nothing to fear and have tons of love waiting for them, they will never leave your side.

Honored family member to: 4 Angels, 1 Cambion, 1 Dark Djinn King, 6 Dragons, 1 Draugr, 1 Empusa, 1 Fylgia, 7 Human Spirits, 1 Khodum, 1 Krall, 1 Merman, 1 Akita Servitor, 1 Sonji Spider, 9 Sang Vamps, 1 Unbound Akita, 1 Volkh, 1 Werewolf, & 1 Wraith

Waiting to welcome: 1 Arkan Sonney, 1 Bannik, 3 Dragons, 1 Human Spirit, 1 Star Faery, and 1 Unicorn
LilyJadeSphynx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Spelled Number: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Skinwalker
My super power would be...: Ability to shape-shift
My magical/paranormal name...: Lily Jade Sphynx
Zodiac:

What a lovely idea, I can't watch those commercials on TV where they show abused animals, I always tear up. To be able to show them that they are loved, even if they are in spirit form is a wonderful thought, I wonder if Mags and Ash would be willing to make this.

'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated" ~ Mahatma Gandhi
hanabushi
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 26
Your favorite spirit to work with: Undecided!
If I could be anything, I would be...: Youkai
My super power would be...: Ability to fly
My magical/paranormal name...: Kinjou
Zodiac:

I think this is a fantastic and deeply compassionate idea, though you might need a team of Spirit Keepers O.o I did animal rescue for many years, and the need is certainly there....

Magnolia
Site Admin
Site Admin
You are...: a master
Number of Spirits: 10000
Spelled Number: 10000
Your favorite spirit to work with: Dragons

I think it's a great idea, if you wanted to pursue it, I would put it through the "If you don't see a spirit you're looking for" listing in the shop so it can be customized to you & your needs.

However, I would caution you may desire to put a limit on the number of animal spirits that are brought in by the channel, or perhaps leaving it an open-ended channel meaning they can come & go as they desire, only because they are spirits just like any other spirit of a once living being, and you can be overwhelmed by sheer numbers if you aren't ready for them.

De lumière et aime

Magnolia.
Site owner

Knowledge is POWER
Aurum
venerated member
venerated member
You are...: a practitioner
Your favorite spirit to work with: Immortals
Zodiac:

A great idea. I would love to be able to offer a home for poor abused animal spirits.

LilyJadeSphynx
acclaimed member
acclaimed member
Number of Spirits: 0
Your favorite spirit to work with: All of them
If I could be anything, I would be...: a Skinwalker
My magical/paranormal name...: Lily Jade Sphynx
Zodiac:

creepyhollows wrote:I think it's a great idea, if you wanted to pursue it, I would put it through the "If you don't see a spirit you're looking for" listing in the shop so it can be customized to you & your needs.

However, I would caution you may desire to put a limit on the number of animal spirits that are brought in by the channel, or perhaps leaving it an open-ended channel meaning they can come & go as they desire, only because they are spirits just like any other spirit of a once living being, and you can be overwhelmed by sheer numbers if you aren't ready for them.
Would this be a new listing in that category; or use that listing to order this?

'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the ways its animals are treated" ~ Mahatma Gandhi
quipta
neophyte
neophyte
Number of Spirits: 80
Spelled Number: 120
If I could be anything, I would be...: Angel
My magical/paranormal name...: Aldimina Akitta
Zodiac:

You would use that listing LilyJadeSphynx and in the notes section describe what kind of work you want done and then Ash and Magnolia can take care of the rest. It's just like placing an order for a spirit that you don't see listed in the CH store. Hope this helps!

Honored family member to: 4 Angels, 1 Cambion, 1 Dark Djinn King, 6 Dragons, 1 Draugr, 1 Empusa, 1 Fylgia, 7 Human Spirits, 1 Khodum, 1 Krall, 1 Merman, 1 Akita Servitor, 1 Sonji Spider, 9 Sang Vamps, 1 Unbound Akita, 1 Volkh, 1 Werewolf, & 1 Wraith

Waiting to welcome: 1 Arkan Sonney, 1 Bannik, 3 Dragons, 1 Human Spirit, 1 Star Faery, and 1 Unicorn

Return to “General Questions”